We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The beginning of my journey... Options

whatliesbeyond
#1 Posted : 10/23/2016 7:15:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody! I'd just like to start this post by saying how great it is that such a community as the DMT-Nexus exists to inform, educate and share on what is a very powerful tool. You guys are doing a great service.

I took my first step into the realm of DMT this week and I must say it has truly wet my appetite. I want to use spice to gain a better understanding of my existence. I want to experience a breakthrough and see different realms and plains of existence. I feel that DMT may be the tool that can connect us to these other worlds and unlock the secret as to why we're all here.

Knowing the strength of this entheogen, I decided to start out with a 15mg dose. It took myself and my friend a while to work out the best means to consume it, due to the variety of methods suggested across the internet. Research has also shown that the method in smoking or vaporising DMT can be quite tricky, and is usually the first pitfall users experience.

Our first attempt was the sandwich method. We layered 10mg of freebase between ash and smoked it through a glass pipe. We didn't really feel anything and I believe this is because the flame went straight through all three layers, essentially burning the DMT.

Second time round we followed the method in this video which produced more success. The dmt crystals quickly heated up and produced a lot of smoke (/vapor?) which filled the bottle. The crystals quickly turned to a liquid oily substance as they heated up. I inhaled almost all of it in one go. I could have taken more back but I think anxiety got to me.

The effects hit quickly. The experience didn't last much longer than about five minutes, and afterwards I wrote down the following:

Quote:
I focused on a candle holder on the wall in front of the sofa. Within seconds of inhaaling the bottle, it began to take effect.

All of a sudden I was aware that the room was a three dimensional image that I was viewing, and every particle of it was violently vibrating, as if during an earthquake. The reality of the room was on the verge of shattering to pieces like glass.

Different layers of the room, such as the brick wall behind the fire place, rolled like waves in the ocean.

I looked at a painting to my left and saw each section of colour leave the page and move out into the space in front of it.

About 30 seconds after inhalation I felt my body go extremely warm and numb. I felt my consciousness beginning to move out of my body at a 45 degree angle, like a ghost leaving a dead body. Yet I was still anchored to my worldly vessel.

At first I was nervous and began to fear what I had done due to the fast onset of the effect, but quickly I reminded myself that I should in fact give in to the drug and accept what was to come. This made my mind more at ease and excited about what I was about to experience.

A humming noise was present the whole time during the trip. It sounded like a cat purring. Once that thought came in to my head, I began to see a cat like face appear on the wall in front of me.

This was just a small taster. DMT showed me what it can do, or at least, 5% of what it can do. She is a seriously powerful mistress not to be messed with. I must understand her and learn from her.

I haven't had any more since, thought I very much look forward to my next experience. I have kept 100mg with me so possibly two breakthrough experiences could take place.

I'm glad I had a small amount to begin with, as it has given me an idea of what DMT is all about. Any more and I don't think I would have been ready. I have had experience with other psychadelics, but from what I understand this is on a complete different level. I was hoping this community might be able to give me some advice on how to move forward with this. Any important literature worth reading before I attempt a breakthrough? Aside from the FAQ on this site. Should I attempt it on my own this time, is it particularly important to have somebody else around, provided I know I can quickly put down my smoking apparatus without fear of burning down the house? How else can I prepare? I had a lot of anxiety just before taking back the smoke last time, this is something I would like to remove from the equation next time. I enjoy meditation, which is why I think I would prefer my next experience to be on my own, this way I can get in the right mind state for it.

Sorry for the poorly written and rushed first post! Just wanted to get everything on paper (or screen) asap! Again, a pleasure to be a part of the nexus Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

savage
#2 Posted : 10/23/2016 7:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus.... It is an invaluable source of information and a great community.
Plenty of activity in the chat rooms if you have questions... There's always somebody willing to give advice.

Don't get too hung up on the "breakthrough" and just enjoy it for what it is. The breakthrough will come. Sometimes on a lot less of a dose than you might have expected.
That bottle technique is a waste of your substance (a mistake I also made at the start) especially as you increase the dosage .... Look into infusing the rest of your stuff with a herb (most here advise that herb NOT be cannabis).... I like one called Marsh Mallow... Others recommend mint leaves or another herb of your choice.
I have never felt the need or want to have another person around me during my trips.... I can see why it would be beneficial during an ingested trip like Ayahuasca ... But for the short duration of a smoked DMT trip, I don't see the need.

Take care and safe travels.

whatliesbeyond
#3 Posted : 10/24/2016 7:43:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks savage.

Yes, maybe I'll look into infusing with a herb. We didn't attempt this method before as it involved more time than we had before. But there's now no rush, so I will do some research in the coming days and find out how best to do it. I wouldn't want to do it with cannabis, as I know it can have negative effects on me that I wouldn't want to bring into the trip.

In terms of the breakthrough, the only reason I would like to hit it sooner rather than later is because I have read that you build a tolerance to DMT fast. Which would leave me to believe the longer it takes you, the exponentially harder it will become?

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 10/24/2016 9:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

whatliesbeyond wrote:
In terms of the breakthrough, the only reason I would like to hit it sooner rather than later is because I have read that you build a tolerance to DMT fast. Which would leave me to believe the longer it takes you, the exponentially harder it will become?

Unless you are doing it a couple times a day every single day your tolerance is not going to be an issue. Normally a 24hr period is all that's needed for any tolerance build up to return to normal, generally speaking of course, everyone's chemistry is a little different. Get to know the molecule, or you may get more than you bargained for. Look into making changa if you want it to last a little longer. Take your time if you plan on doing this without a sitter.

And welcome, the nexus is a great community and has all the information you need to continue down this path. Always be safe friend.

Safe and happy journeys Thumbs up

Peace
SO2

whatliesbeyond
#5 Posted : 10/24/2016 11:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
whatliesbeyond wrote:

Unless you are doing it a couple times a day every single day your tolerance is not going to be an issue. Normally a 24hr period is all that's needed for any tolerance build up to return to normal, generally speaking of course, everyone's chemistry is a little different. Get to know the molecule, or you may get more than you bargained for. Look into making changa if you want it to last a little longer. Take your time if you plan on doing this without a sitter.

And welcome, the nexus is a great community and has all the information you need to continue down this path. Always be safe friend.

Safe and happy journeys Thumbs up

Peace
SO2

Ahh right that's good to hear! Less pressure now Razz

Thanks for the advice! I hope to make the most of this summer getting to know and understand this crazy molecule Smile