We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I Want to Believe Options

Phaneron
#1 Posted : 10/23/2016 4:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexus and thank you for existing, there truly is no other resource I know about that combines the efforts and contribution of so many wonderful people into one place with an attitude to match as the Nexus; I would not have been able to make it as far as I have without the Nexus and people like you.

I am a student currently finishing my high school and will be hopefully moving onto my first year of university next year. I have been a lurker on the nexus for approximately two years and have enjoyed the wealth of information available here. Now as I prepare to extract DMT in the coming months I felt this was an appropriate time to try and connect with the community that has shared so much; and try to perhaps give back something in return.

It's hard for me to remember exactly how I heard about DMT for the first time, though my interest in this molecule was solidified after reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Strassman about five years ago. I had been interested in consciousness before learning about DMT through my fascination with the human experience as a whole and the possible existence of, and communication with extraterrestrials, hence the subject title. Therefore, when I found out about DMT through Strassman’s book my curiosity about the molecule was immediate. I also actively try to explore my own consciousness through lucid dreaming which I have been practicing for around two years now with moderate success.

My experience with substance use has been limited, only on two occasion have I tried psychedelics. I have taken MDMA on one occasion a few years ago though I do not remember much, during a night of reckless abandon, which of course I do not recommend or condone due to the purpose of taking the substance being unconstructive, yet I do not regret that night either. My most recent experience with psychedelics was a few months ago with my first taste of mushrooms from a friend, the decision to take the mushrooms was a little rushed yet I had nothing to do for the rest of the day since coming back from a morning flight and decided to give it a go. Having my noise cancelling headset to play music or complete silence through and knee board to write down the trip and my thoughts throughout the experience was thrilling to say the least and really got me excited about recording trip reports in the future.

Another benefit of the information on the Nexus, is that it has helped lead me to another hobby of mine I do not think I would have found without it; horticulture. Since sourcing raw material for DMT domestically was challenging for me and the thought of possibly being charged for importing it scared me, I decided the only way for me to safely acquire it was to grow it myself. Since April of 2015 I have been growing two Mimosa Hostilis plants hydroponically in coco coir. I have learned many things about growing indoors through application and have grown other plants such as morning glories, as well as lettuce and catnip through deep water culture. I have even started another ten Mimosa Hostilises one of which is in DWC and two San Pedro cacti. I will post images of the plants when I figure out how.

I am looking forward to sharing what I can with this forum, especially in the ethnobotanical garden threads and extraction paths threads. Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, the truth is out there.

EDIT: If anyone can tell me how to post picture inline with a post I'd appreciate it.
Phaneron attached the following image(s):
IMG_1769.JPG (7,917kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
20150504_184642.jpg (713kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
IMG_1573.JPG (6,078kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 10/23/2016 6:35:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus friend.

Nice to see you are growing your own. They look nice Thumbs up

Mushrooms are great, so what did you think about them and do you feel it was a positive experience? Trip report?

Thanks for sharing your intro, and enjoy your stay.

Safe and happy journeys Smile

Peace

Phaneron
#3 Posted : 10/23/2016 9:17:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the warm welcome Spaced out 2.

I am quite happy with the plants as well, though lately I’ve been tweaking environmental conditions, specifically the photoperiod in the tent to try and induce flowering in the older Mimosas with little success, if there are any Mimosa experts reading this I’d love your input.

The mushrooms I felt were an overall positive experience. It was a hot day during this past summer in the northern hemisphere, I had just got back from the airport and was over at my relative’s house to deliver a document when I ran into a friend unexpectedly there. She told me about the mushrooms in her possession and asked if I wanted to take them with her. I had finished all I had planned to do that day and even though the offer to take the mushrooms was abrupt and unplanned, I felt I was of good set and a private house with just the two of us to take them in an adequate setting. I decided to take her offer.

The mushrooms themselves were fairly plain, tasting mostly of dirt. Though this taste was mostly covered by the chocolate we ate with it. Within a few minutes I began to feel the effects of the mushrooms and we both retired to the back porch to enjoy the afternoon sun. I started to become more talkative than usual, though any conversation I tried starting with my friend she mostly just agreed with or laughed in response, never exchanging ideas. This made me feel a little dejected, though since I can’t remember specifics of what I was talking about her responses could have been totally justified.

The effects I could feel were still building an hour or so after ingestion and I decided I wanted a more introspective trip and told my friend my intentions. I took a position a bit more secluded on the deck and got my headset and knee board ready. The knots in the fence across the yard from me began to dance up and down in a wave which was very amusing to me at the time. I got Buffalo Springfield Expecting to Fly loaded up and ready to go, my kneeboard in position, pen in one hand and my other hovering over the play button, I hit it. Looking up through the boughs of the trees with crepuscular rays shining through a cool breeze barely tangible and the bird’s songs the only welcome disturbance I was completely relaxed. In my mind, I began feeling as though I was rising up towards the bright rays, soon all I could sense was a blinding light and a feeling of pure content. My perception of time completely gone, I started to think about a girl a used to know, the cliché, one that got away kind of girl. This didn’t sour the trip but instead added to it by creating a swirl of emotions both positive and negative; I felt positively alive through the great magnitude and contrast of the feelings I was experiencing. After coming down from this peak with the ending of the song I turned to my friend and remarked. “I’ve just been to the f****** moon and back, where have you been?” and then started laughing after that. I hadn’t even written down anything on my kneeboard.

The visuals peaked soon after this with the fence and floor boards on the deck waving and warping in a dramatic fashion, I returned inside the house and sat on the couch to ride out the tail end of the experience. Unfortunately, the trip began to turn and I felt a great deal of melancholy, as I began to think that everything I was working on in my academics and personal hobbies was for naught; that they had no real purpose and every effort I took was useless. It was a strange idea; one I had never experienced before. This continued for a few more hours until I had no more effects, only the memory of the experience. I thanked my friend who had come down too by now and I went home.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, the unpleasant end of the trip has not dissuaded me to try mushrooms or psychedelics again but has given me a small insight to how powerful they can be.

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 10/24/2016 10:01:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it sounds like a good trip overall. Good that there's the possibility of working with mushrooms again. They are great teachers. Maybe get into growing your own if you plan on working with them further, build a relationship with them in the same manner you are with your Mimosas.
Hopefully someone will chime in on your question about blooming them because I can't help you in that department.

Thanks for sharing the report and good luck with the mimosasThumbs up

Peace