We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finally registered on this amazing forum, hey everyone! Options

hexagonest
#1 Posted : 10/22/2016 1:26:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey! I've frequented and lurked this forum quite a bit since I am a big fan of DMT. I only tried signing up once and it told me I had to do it on a Saturday. Today is the day I get around to it.

I'm from Australia and I have done DMT 5 or 6 times. Ever since I heard about it I was very excited and wanted to try it. When I finally got to try it, I loved it, and it has stuck with me ever since.

I love the attitude of this forum and how relaxed everybody is. It feels like a very loving community and I'm glad to be able to be a part of it.

"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 10/22/2016 4:05:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hexagonest wrote:
Hey! I've frequented and lurked this forum quite a bit since I am a big fan of DMT. I only tried signing up once and it told me I had to do it on a Saturday. Today is the day I get around to it.

I'm from Australia and I have done DMT 5 or 6 times. Ever since I heard about it I was very excited and wanted to try it. When I finally got to try it, I loved it, and it has stuck with me ever since.

I love the attitude of this forum and how relaxed everybody is. It feels like a very loving community and I'm glad to be able to be a part of it.

Interesting stuff.

I have been reading a good deal about DMT in Australia...it seems it's becoming fairly popular down under.

For me personally, the first time I smoked DMT, I think the first thing I said after was "I'm never doing that again!"

DMT takes a good deal of courage for me, every time, it never seems to get much easier, which is why I always enjoy speaking to those who can use DMT without "the fear"...some can do it, though I don't see the fear as being negative, I think it actually validates the experiance in many ways...

Any way, welcome. I look forward to reading your future posts.

I'll leave with a terence mckenna quote regarding fear and the flash

Quote:
One of the interesting characteristics of DMT is that it sometimes inspires fear - this marks the experience as existentially authentic. One of the interesting approaches to evaluating such a compound is to see how eager people are to do it a second time. A touch of terror gives the stamp of validity to the experience because it means, "This is real." We are in the balance. We read the literature, we know the maximum doses, the LD-50, and so on. But nevertheless, so great is one's faith in the mind that when one is out in it one comes to feel that the rules of pharmacology do not really apply and that control of existence on that plane is really a matter of focus of will and good luck.

I'm not saying that there's something intrinsically good about terror. I'm saying that, granted the situation, if one is not terrified then one must be somewhat out of contact with the full dynamics of what is happening. To not be terrified means either that one is a fool or that one has taken a compound that paralyzes the ability to be terrified. I have nothing against hedonism, and I certainly bring something out of it. But the experience must move one's heart, and it will not move the heart unless it deals with the issues of life and death. If it deals with life and death it will move one to fear, it will move one to tears, it will move one to laughter. These places are profoundly strange and alien. -terence mckenna

-eg

ducdevil
#3 Posted : 10/22/2016 4:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amazing Terence quote; thanks for sharing that...

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 10/23/2016 1:20:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today is a perfect day to join Smile

Welcome to the nexus friend.

Peace

hexagonest
#5 Posted : 10/23/2016 11:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Every experience for me I look forward to but I do get "the fear" right before lighting up the bowl.. It's a weird feeling knowing that in less than 10 seconds you'll be rocketed into orbit.. I always have to mentally prepare myself, because I never know what to expect
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung

TGO
#6 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:12:43 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Expect nothing, see everything! Easier said than done, that is for sure! The fear/anxiety is definitely there for most, if not all of us and is something you never really get used to. But that is also part of why it is so incredible, it tends to be self regulating and demands respect. A fascinating molecule! Anyway, welcome to the forum and have a good day!

Smile

-TGO-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish