We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Demons and fairies. Options

Noxulifer
#1 Posted : 10/21/2016 1:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I would first of all like to thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge! I have been a guest for a while now reading and studying, trying out a couple of extractions!

I'm soon to be forty with three kids! I've got a lot of experience with drugs and hallucinogens starting as a teen. Me and my friends did a lot of LSD and mushrooms in the nineties, and cannabis of course. Some MDMA too at the time. Nowadays I smoke some cannabis now and then and every few weeks I smoke DMT, that's it, but it's more than enough.

Last winter my friend said I should try something called DMT, he asked me a couple of times and told me to read about it first and watch some documentaries, of course, I didn't.

I went over to his place an evening and he loaded up a pipe with some Changa, and he instructed me to smoke it all, and hold it in. Well, that was my first time, and I had a breakthrough right away! No ego death.
To me though, there are a million different stages. Not only "to break through" or "not to break through". Many times I thought to my self; "Oh shit, I can't get any further than this". Sure enough, next time I travel even further away into hyperspace.

I have smoked DMT possibly 50-70 times and I have had many breakthrough experiences, a couple of ego death experiences. It took me a long time to meet any entities, I just didn't understand why I read about all these people meeting entities while I didn't. I could feel them being present, but I didn't see them.

I have traveled to a place of light and colors, where I have floated through some kind of wormhole made from fractals. I had close to a MDMA body high, I felt warm and loved. I had no recollection of who I was, where I came from. Some kind of force communicated with me through intuition; "this is God", "this is everything", "this is from where your soul originated"!
It showed me all these worldly religious symbols and then made new symbols combining them, and it told me to forget religions created by man "all beings in the Universe are one".

A couple of times in a heavy breakthrough experience such as the one above I have hade an urge to lick my self around the lips, and I can feel I am in the body of some other being with a reptilian tongue, though, when I look down I have no visible body.

I have discovered that ones mood effects the trip immensely! A couple of time I have had a negative energy/mindset when entering hyperspace. One time everything suddenly turned black. I was of course thinking "what the Hell is this" and from the shadows a demonic entity appears getting right up in my face studying me for a few seconds. That was the first entity I met in hyperspace!
But I told him; "I am not scared of you, leave me alone" and at the same time a bright crack appeared in the distant tearing up the darkness and there appeared a fairy like entity. She was radiating of light and femininity, bright pastel colors of yellow, pink and green. She was both sexy and innocent and she protected me sprinkling tiny stars around with her wand spreading the light in the black nothingness until I was back in the "normal" space of light and colors.

Unfortunately I have had a hard time to break through these last couple of months, I think it's my freebase DMT that has degraded. I'm purifying some of it right now, and I'm going to make some DMT fumarate too.

Anyway, my explorations of hyperspace have just began, I'm so grateful and happy I have discovered DMT! Even though it has raised more question than answers, it gives me a sense of being a part of the Universe like I have never felt before! Maybe that sounds corny!?

Sorry for the wall of text Smile
Have a nice day!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 10/21/2016 2:27:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been very occupied with using the bardo thodol as a guide to the DMT flash. Demons and other beings are frequently mentioned through out Tibetan Buddhism, as well as shamanic practices from across the globe, seriously from Siberia to the Amazon shamanism is more the same than it is different...

Back to the bardo thodol, and eventually demons:

The chikhai bardo* is analogues to the initial DMT flash, the "primordial clear light" or the "clear light at the moment of death" is always the starting point, it is the essence of the DMT flash.

Quote:
The Chikhai Bardo is the after death state described in the Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead) wherein the consciousness of the dead person fully enters into the light of the dharmakaya or "truth body." (explained in the first part of this series).

In this state, the person temporarily experiences for the first time the state of awareness without a second, that is to say, a state of pure consciousness.

This is the state of non-duality. The first experience here is the sight of the Primordial Clear Light or the "Clear Light of Reality." This is the pure mind of the Buddha, Christ, and all the perfected saints and mystics.

It is generally accepted among various spiritual traditions that the total amount of time it takes to transition between two consecutive earthly incarnations is 49 days. During this period, the first 3 to 4 days are spent in the Chikhai Bardo wherein the Awareness-body is formed. The formation of the awareness-body is a significant point in this process since it will carry one’s consciousness when it travels the path through the afterlife.
http://www.chinabuddhism...i_Bardo:_The_Primordial_(Clear_Light)_and_the_Awareness-Body

However, this is short lasted, and most will regress to lower states:

Quote:
1. The First Bardo Afterlife Realm

The first bardo comes at the very moment of death, when there dawns the Clear Light of the Ultimate Reality. This is the very content and substance of the state of liberation, if only the soul can recognize it and act in a way to remain in that state. The instructions intended to be read at the moment of the person's death are designed to help him do this. He is told, first of all, to embrace this supreme experience not in a selfish and egoistic way but rather with love and compassion for all sentient beings. This will aid him in the second step, which is to realize that his own mind and self is identical with the Clear Light, implying that he himself IS the Ultimate Reality, "the All-good Buddha", transcending time, eternity, and all creation. If he can recognize this while in this supreme state at the moment of death, he will attain liberation-that is, he will remain in the Clear Light forever. This condition is called the "Dharmakaya", the highest spiritual body of the Buddha.

Most souls, however, will fail to do this. They will be pulled down by the weight of their karma into the second stage of the first bardo, called the Secondary Clear Light seen immediately after death. At this point, there are separate instructions to be read according to the spiritual condition of the person while in life. For an individual advanced in meditation and other spiritual practices, there is repeated over and over the same instructions as at the moment of death, enjoining him to recognize himself as the Dharmakaya.For a person who was still at a student-level on the spiritual path, there is the injunction for him to meditate on his "tutelary deity", that is, the particular god for whom he performed devotional practices while alive. Finally,"if the deceased be of the common folk", unpracticed in any spiritual disciplines, the instruction is to "meditate upon the Great Compassionate Lord", which is to say an "Avatar" worshipped by the multitude, equivalent to Jesus as conceived by the average Christian. http://www.near-death.co...an-book-of-the-dead.html

As regression through lower states occurs , deities are encountered, and most, in fear, will want to run and hide, they see caves or hiding spaces, which are actually wombs, your hiding in these spaces cements your path to physical incarnation, the advice is to focus on "the clear light" rather than run and hide.

Quote:
The soul is still experiencing the frightening apparitions and sufferings of the third bardo, and he feels that he will do anything to escape from this condition. He will seek shelter in what appear to be caves or hiding-places, but which are actually the entrances to wombs. He is warned of this by the text of the Bardo Thodol, and urged not to enter them, but to meditate upon the Clear Light instead; for it is still possible for him to achieve the third degree of liberation and avoid rebirth.
http://www.near-death.co...an-book-of-the-dead.html

Throughout the Bardo Thodol it describes encounters with demons and wrathful deities, however it ultimately states that these are manifestations of negative human emotions and karma, and are ultimately products of your own consciousness.

Quote:

·the dead person is told that this entire scene unfolding around him is a projection from his own mind

·Furthermore, he is told to awaken to the fact that all these fearsome creatures are not real, but are merely illusions emanating from his own mind

·Etc...

-Bardo Thodol

Now to touch on shamanism:

Experiencing death, Being dismembered, having the body filled with magical stones or objects, and then resurrection** are the key features of "shamanic initiation"*

Quote:
Shamanic abilities are generally brought on by a personal crisis, such as illness or sudden shock. Where this is not naturally forthcoming, initiations designed to produce the effects of such a state are used to bring about re-birth as a shaman. The shaman sees through everything, dies and is reborn, suffers the pangs of the world, and sees into its darkest corners. The near-death of initiation is common to shamans the world over and a metaphor for their experiences. Afterwards, they are never the same; everything has changed for them. They have known total knowledge and, to a degree according to their skills and strengths, have permanent access to it from that moment on.
( -shamanism bible; mathwes )

Quote:
*in reference to Siberian shamanic initiation*
Often these initiations by either another shaman or the spirits involved a traumatic visionary death and rebirth experience. Sometimes this included a journey to the underworld, meetings with deities and the would-be shaman’s body being dismembered and then put together again. http://www.newdawnmagazi...ts-of-siberian-shamanism

Quote:
The actual initiation can be equally excruciating. Most initiations in most cultures involve a symbolic death and rebirth: the candidate 'dies' to his old identity and is reborn to a new one. Shamanic initiates often experience this resurrection in gruesome ways. When the rai (spirits) make a shaman in western australia, they take him to their home.
'There they cut him up and hang up his insides...his body is dead, but his soul remains there, and on the order of the rai to look steadily at the part hanging up, he recognizes [his organs]. His body is put over a hot earth-oven, with magic cooking stones in it, and covered with paper-bark. The perspiration streams down. The rai replace his insides and close up the flesh. He is told that he can henceforth travel in the air like a bird or under the ground like a goanna...
Stories of disembowelment, dismemberment, and reassembly ( usually with magic stones or crystals inserted into the shamans frame) are best understood in this light.

-Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions
By Richard Smoley, Jay Kinney; page 161

Quote:
The initiation is understood as a process of death and rebirth: “first, torture at the hands of demons or spirits, who play the role of masters of initiation; second, ritual death, experienced by the patient as a descent to hill or an ascent to heaven; third, resurrection to a new mode of being – the mode of ‘consecrated man,’ that is, a man who can personally communicate with gods, demons and spirits. For initiatory death is always followed by a resurrection; that is, in terms of psychopathological experience, the crisis is resolved and the sickness cured. The shaman’s integration of a new personality is in large part dependent on his being cured

-Written by Mircea Eliade, the entry for Shamanism in vol. 19 of Man, Myth and Magic

Personally, I would say Entheogenic shamanism is my primary spiritual influence, however Tibetan Buddhism, and several of the eastern philosophies touch in these very same areas.

Even psychedelic promoters seem to eventually have to come to terms with non-physical conscious states and the relation of psychedelics to death...

Quote:
The metaphor of a vehicle--an after-death vehicle, an astral body--is used by several traditions. Shamanism and certain yogas, including Taoist yoga, claim very clearly that the purpose of life is to familiarize oneself with this after-death body so that the act of dying will not create confusion in the psyche. One will recognize what is happening. One will know what to do and one will make a clean break. Yet there does seem to be the possibility of a problem in dying. It is not the case that one is condemned to eternal life. One can muff it through ignorance.

Apparently at the moment of death there is a kind of separation, like birth--the metaphor is trivial, but perfect. There is a possibility of damage or of incorrect activity. The English poet-mystic William Blake said that as one starts into the spiral there is the possibility of falling from the golden track into eternal death. Yet it is only a crisis of a moment--a crisis of passage--and the whole purpose of shamanism and of life correctly lived is to strengthen the soul and to strengthen the ego's relationship to the soul so that this passage can be cleanly made. This is the traditional position...What psychedelics encourage, and where I hope attention will focus once hallucinogens are culturally integrated to the point where large groups of people can plan research programs without fear of persecution, is the modeling of the after-death state. Psychedelics may do more than model this state; they may reveal the nature of it. -terence mckenna

Ok, I'll stop rambling on, though "demons and fairies" are very common place in the conscious dimensions which I'm discussing...

...and isn't it interesting to see that Buddhists and shamans have been exploring similar conscious states and have been finding similar things for thousands of years? It's always fun to relate personal experiance to these accounts, with shamanism it's easier, because entheogens are incorporated, with Tibetan Buddhism, I'm not sure how they managed to perfectly map the DMT flash as well as the after death, but they did a through and detailed job.

Ok, I'll seriously stop now.

-eg

strtman
#3 Posted : 10/21/2016 6:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer, that's a long report but worth reading. Your DMT has degraded? How old is your stuff?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Noxulifer
#4 Posted : 10/21/2016 6:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for all this input! I will take a closer look at those links you posted! All possible theories are welcome to explain anything one discovers!
I have frequently given it some thought; near death experiences in relation to DMT. Some say that DMT is released in the pineal gland at the moment of death, but to my understanding this is just a theory, we don't even know if we have endogenous DMT for sure. They found it in rats. But please correct me if I'm wrong?

I would really like to to see evidence some day that confirms DMT as some kind of molecule connected to death! That would confirm, at least in part, some of my thoughts about it. Because I truly wanna believe everything I have experienced in hyperspace, but I guess I struggle with my western skepticism towards everything spiritual while at the same time I have had these experiences which I can't dismiss as mere hallucinations.

Most importantly, evidence or not, it don't change my experiences nor my lust to venture out in hyperspace! And we probably shouldn't have the answers to everything.
As you say, it's very interesting to experience the "same" things as ancient humans and shamans before us did! I wonder how the world would be like if our leaders had shamans instead of advisors and used DMT and mushrooms?

About the demon I came across, I had a theory that it could be an aspect of my self. It's not uncommon for the initial minute after smoking DMT to be very unpleasant for me, dark and painful in some way. It almost feels like some kind of cleansing!? And that keeps me from smoking it too often.

Noxulifer
#5 Posted : 10/21/2016 6:43:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
Noxulifer, that's a long report but worth reading. Your DMT has degraded? How old is your stuff?

Thank you! I don't know if it has degraded, it's about 5 months old now. I have had it in a plastic zip bag opening it each time I was making a trip into space! I didn't think about the possibility of degradation. I will handle it more carefully in the future! I am actually going to make some DMT fumarate, and will try different ROA.

turmeric
#6 Posted : 10/22/2016 10:14:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I found a stone yesterday, in some kind of a present shop, it was semi-transparent with some traces of other material, foggy and other golden-like threads inside. Depending on the angle I could see through, light passing and breaking...

Noxulifer wrote:
A couple of time I have had a negative energy/mindset when entering hyperspace. One time everything suddenly turned black. I was of course thinking "what the Hell is this" and from the shadows a demonic entity appears getting right up in my face studying me for a few seconds. That was the first entity I met in hyperspace!
But I told him; "I am not scared of you, leave me alone" and at the same time a bright crack appeared in the distant tearing up the darkness and there appeared a fairy like entity. She was radiating of light and femininity, bright pastel colors of yellow, pink and green. She was both sexy and innocent and she protected me sprinkling tiny stars around with her wand spreading the light in the black nothingness until I was back in the "normal" space of light and colors.

I think these "demons and fairies" can catalyse burning of that non-transparency by loving, shaking, cracking, surprising... and thicken your (life) plot along the way.

Noxulifer wrote:
I'm soon to be forty with three kids!

For us humans, at least, simplicity of resolution of a child is mandatory (to get anywhere).

Like in the story of Siddhartha's cousin who was denied to attend the First council on the grounds of not being enlightened (Buddha's closest and most learned!), drove him to such determination, to sit immovable - until his mind stepped aside. I've seen this determination in children but rarely in grown people... at least until they get old enough to experience structures falling apart, regressing their minds (from fantasy world) back to this state of semi-transparency - the soul's work/play-ground.

Thích Nhất Hạnh was still a small child when he saw some picture of the Buddha sitting peacefully - so he decided to become (like) him. In the end, entering the monastery, as soon as his parents allowed... turning into who/what he is (now).

Likewise, Ramana Maharshi, as a teenager went after Arunachala, a place of which he only heard of... and, as the story goes, arrived there to reach... "deep samādhi... unaware of the bites of vermin and pests".

Or, in words of Christ, "be as Children to enter the Kingdom of God...!"

And so many non-religious examples...
(simple) Resolution
makes one
a force of Nature
- who can stop that???

But how can one first align with Nature? Smile

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Throughout the Bardo Thodol it describes encounters with demons and wrathful deities, however it ultimately states that these are manifestations of negative human emotions and karma, and are ultimately products of your own consciousness.

I kind of feel the same (and share your hierarchy of spiritual inspirations). It appears that children (again my ramble, excuse me) already have the seeds (of wrong perception), they're where they've left off (human heritage, "rebirth"...) - naturally, it's "not the end of the story" to be "like children", as they're not "perfect" - it's actually the beginning (of turning lead into gold).

This play of words occurred to me yesterday night after talking to my mom (regarding an incident), and is (sort of) connected:

Semantically, at the root of the word patient (i.e. in a hospital...) is word pati (lat. to suffer). The recognition of that (in others and oneself) is what gives birth to - compassion and patience... My family lives far away with my (blood) brother who is suffering deeply... and (as it happens) causes my family to suffer alike. It is as if he (unconsciously) tries to make everybody feel as he feels (like some twisted sort of empathy, or rather: projection). So, my mother is telling me about his bad behaviour, and how he says very ugly things to my parents.... Then, my mother reacting (as a child!) cursing as well... And me, talking to my mother (on the other end of the phone)... and listening to this... sadness, tears... but strangely: in me non-reaction - myself, being a Mother, to comfort my mother, even though I'm her son. Later, comforting my brother, for who I know will (never really) forgive himself. What a dance, I think to myself, and how not serious this will be after a while. And the reconciliation will even enrich the whole event... and contribute to The Dance.

Noxulifer wrote:
I would really like to to see evidence some day that confirms DMT as some kind of molecule connected to death! That would confirm, at least in part, some of my thoughts about it. Because I truly wanna believe everything I have experienced in hyperspace, but I guess I struggle with my western skepticism towards everything spiritual while at the same time I have had these experiences which I can't dismiss as mere hallucinations.

Don't mean to be mean, but seems to me believing is your enemy. You can see what effect it has on your level of awareness, can't you? And you can (surely) apply your experiences? In my case, there's a lot more (often just surface) suffering thanks to spice: it permitted me to look deeper! I can't pretend the person next to me is not kin... If anything, with a little reflection, you may find you need less approval from the world (as I'm sure you do, otherwise you wouldn't be raising "more questions" which requires loads of courage). Cool

So, to finish the patient story, the cause (of the state of becoming a patient) are precisely these imperfections (misperceptions) which stand in the way of transparency... Seeing this condition... cracks through which the light flows... little by little, as Śākyamuni teaches, "chipping away" what is not... so that what is left (in the end) is what is.

And as a side note, where all sees All as it IS - there would be just light (boring, right?). That's why the Dance? Very happy

Hugs and kisses, passion, compassion... and please dance dear dears.

<345

yours,
turm(oil)

Innocence... show your face... and give me courage... to accept the unacceptable.
- little me.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 10/22/2016 12:49:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:
Thank you very much for all this input! I will take a closer look at those links you posted! All possible theories are welcome to explain anything one discovers!
I have frequently given it some thought; near death experiences in relation to DMT. Some say that DMT is released in the pineal gland at the moment of death, but to my understanding this is just a theory, we don't even know if we have endogenous DMT for sure. They found it in rats. But please correct me if I'm wrong?

Most importantly, evidence or not, it don't change my experiences nor my lust to venture out in hyperspace! And we probably shouldn't have the answers to everything.
As you say, it's very interesting to experience the "same" things as ancient humans and shamans before us did! I wonder how the world would be like if our leaders had shamans instead of advisors and used DMT and mushrooms?

About the demon I came across, I had a theory that it could be an aspect of my self. It's not uncommon for the initial minute after smoking DMT to be very unpleasant for me, dark and painful in some way. It almost feels like some kind of cleansing!? And that keeps me from smoking it too often.

We do for a fact have endogenous DMT in our bodies.

The issue is, we don't know where it's being generated...

Is DMT produced in the brain? This is a theory...

Is DMT produced in the body? Yes, This is a fact.

It shows up in human blood and urine.

Quote:
The presence of DMT in human blood and urine has been conclusively reported in a number of papers (Riceberg and van Vunakis, 197Cool. For many years, its presence in urine was tied to people with schizophrenia and psychosis (Jacobs and Presti, 2005). There is no question that DMT is naturally produced in the human body. -erowid

Here's how your body produces DMT:
When you ingest tryptophan, it has two pathways, first it could be 5-hydroxylated to 5-hydroxy-tryptophan, then decarboxalated to serotonin, 5-ho-tryptamine...

Or, tryptophan is decarboxylated (amino acid decarboxylase) to give tryptamine, this tryptamine is then methylated by the indole amine methyl transerase S-Adenosyl methionine (Sam), which becomes S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine as it donates the methyl group, giving N-methyl-tryptamine, which is again methylated by SAM (which becomes SAH) giving N,N-dimethyltryptamine...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 10/22/2016 6:27:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:

Sorry for injecting my DMT/Death hypothesis, and the Buddhism stuff...

Though I firmly believe DMT induces a state identical to death, at death your conscious-being and physical body fully separate, with DMT this happens as well, only you get pulled back to your physical body with DMT...

DMT is naturally produced in every human body...it just is uncertain as to where this occurs.

The pineal gland is fascinating, 5-hydroxy-tryptamine (serotonin) enters, and is converted to N-acetyl-5-methoxy-tryptamine (melatonin) (with an N-acetyl-5-hydroxy-tryptamine intermediate), this N-acetyl-5-methoxy-tryptamine is then further converted to 6-methoxy-tetrahydro-beta-carboline (pinoline)*

So, due to all this tryptamine chemistry going on there ( as well as some other contributing factors ) it was thought to be more conjecture than speculation that DMT was being produced in the pineal gland.

*Pinoline is an endogenous beta-carboline, related to the harmala alkaloids present in the ayahuasca vine as well as peganum harmala seeds.

The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at 49 days...
And:
Quote:
t is generally accepted among various spiritual traditions that the total amount of time it takes to transition between two consecutive earthly incarnations is 49 days.http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Chikhai_Bardo:_The_Primordial_(Clear_Light)_and_the_Awareness-Body

This led some, like Dr. Rick strassman, to assign an ever deeper mystical connection to the pineal, and to DMT if that is in fact where it is being produced.

In Rick strassman's book "DMT and the Soul of Prophecy: A New Science of Spiritual Revelation in the Hebrew Bible" he takes his theory even further, suggesting endogenous DMT induced the spiritual experiences of Moses and others in the bible.

DMT was discovered in the pineal gland of live rodents:

Quote:
Abstract
We report a qualitative liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) method for the simultaneous analysis of the three known N,N-dimethyltryptamine endogenous hallucinogens, their precursors and metabolites, as well as melatonin and its metabolic precursors. The method was characterized using artificial cerebrospinal fluid (aCSF) as the matrix and was subsequently applied to the analysis of rat brain pineal gland-aCSF microdialysate. The method describes the simultaneous analysis of 23 chemically diverse compounds plus a deuterated internal standard by direct injection, requiring no dilution or extraction of the samples. The results demonstrate that this is a simple, sensitive, specific and direct approach to the qualitative analysis of these compounds in this matrix. The protocol also employs stringent MS confirmatory criteria for the detection and confirmation of the compounds examined, including exact mass measurements. The excellent limits of detection and broad scope make it a valuable research tool for examining the endogenous hallucinogen pathways in the central nervous system. We report here, for the first time, the presence of N,N-dimethyltryptamine in pineal gland microdialysate obtained from the rat.
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Quote:
We’re excited to announce the acceptance for publication of a paper documenting the presence of DMT in the pineal glands of live rodents. The paper will appear in the journal Biomedical Chromatography and describes experiments that took place in Dr. Jimo Borjigin’s laboratory at the University of Michigan, where samples were collected…

The pineal gland has been an object of great interest regarding consciousness for thousands of years, and a pineal source of DMT would help support a role for this enigmatic gland in unusual states of consciousness. Research at the University of Wisconsin has recently demonstrated the presence of the DMT-synthesizing enzyme as well as activity of the gene responsible for the enzyme in pineal (and retina). Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal.

The next step is to determine the presence of DMT in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), the fluid that bathes the brain and pineal. CSF is a possible route for pineal-synthesized DMT to effect changes in brain function. Successfully establishing DMT’s presence in this gland adds another link in the chain between the pineal and consciousness and opens new avenues for research.
http://psychedelicfronti...pineal-glands-live-rats/

http://www.google.com/ur...ZgrFxk42nGErAND_VEIXRuiA
The PDF in this link is titled A critical review of reports of endogenous psychedelic N, N-dimethyltryptamines in humans: 1955-2010.
Here is the abstract:
Quote:
Abstract
Three indole alkaloids that possess differing degrees of psychotropic/psychedelic activity have been reported as endogenous substances in humans; N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 5-hydroxy-DMT (bufotenine, HDMT), and 5-methoxy-DMT (MDMT). We have undertaken a critical review of 69 published studies reporting the detection or detection and quantitation of these compounds in human body fluids. In reviewing this literature, we address the methods applied and the criteria used in the determination of the presence of DMT, MDMT, and HDMT. The review provides a historical perspective of the research conducted from 1955 to 2010, summarizing the findings for the individual compounds in blood, urine, and/or cerebrospinal fluid. A critique of the data is offered that addresses the strengths and weaknesses of the methods and approaches to date. The review also discusses the shortcomings of the existing data in light of more recent findings and how these may be overcome. Suggestions for the future directions of endogenous psychedelics research are offered. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22371425
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

I'll save you some suspense, the study indicates that DMT certainly is an endogenous compound.

DMT is said to be the endogenous ligand for the sigma-1 receptor, I had a bunch of posts regarding this, though they appear to have been largely deleted in clean up, any way:

Quote:
The hallucinogen N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is an endogenous sigma-1 receptor regulator.
Abstract
The sigma-1 receptor is widely distributed in the central nervous system and periphery. Originally mischaracterized as an opioid receptor, the sigma-1 receptor binds a vast number of synthetic compounds but does not bind opioid peptides; it is currently considered an orphan receptor. The sigma-1 receptor pharmacophore includes an alkylamine core, also found in the endogenous compound N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT acts as a hallucinogen, but its receptor target has been unclear. DMT bound to sigma-1 receptors and inhibited voltage-gated sodium ion (Na+) channels in both native cardiac myocytes and heterologous cells that express sigma-1 receptors. DMT induced hypermobility in wild-type mice but not in sigma-1 receptor knockout mice. These biochemical, physiological, and behavioral experiments indicate that DMT is an endogenous agonist for the sigma-1 receptor.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19213917

This site on the pineal body may interest you as well:
http://arbl.cvmbs.colost...ne/otherendo/pineal.html

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
melatonin-1.gif (3kb) downloaded 220 time(s).

turmeric
#9 Posted : 10/22/2016 11:37:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could you please link the source of this? I tried finding this information previously, and now again after reading your interesting responses, to no avail.

And, what do you think would happen with very high doses at extended periods of time (since it's not very toxic)? I'm guessing it would be a chemically-induced state of forming the "Awareness-body", or is that a bit far fetched?

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 10/23/2016 2:15:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turmeric wrote:

Could you please link the source of this? I tried finding this information previously, and now again after reading your interesting responses, to no avail.

And, what do you think would happen with very high doses at extended periods of time (since it's not very toxic)? I'm guessing it would be a chemically-induced state of forming the "Awareness-body", or is that a bit far fetched?

It's very hard to find a credible source for the "The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at 49 days" statement. There are many places making this claim, however none leave a reference outlining where this information was sourced from.

Rick strassman I believe was the initial source:
Quote:
The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or 49 days, after conception. Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender. Before this time, the sex of the fetus is indeterminate, or unknown. Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male & female gender, appear at the same time. DMT: The Spirit Molecule; strassman

This was the close thing I could find to a credible research article involving fetal development of the pineal gland:
Quote:
At around 30 days of prenatal life, according to topographic criteria, the pineal outline begins to differentiate into a dorsal evagination of the diencephalic medium line, close to the anterior and posterior commissures. The growth of the pineal is biphasic. The ontogenic-proliferative phase begins at 30 days and includes the invasion of ependymal cells and the proliferation of the pineal parenchyma cells. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9885992

As for your last inquiry, very high doses of what?

-eg

turmeric
#11 Posted : 10/23/2016 5:43:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well... spice. Smile
What I mean exactly is, as DMT can force separation into a state of "being awareness", would it not drastically change the body (or the overall level of awareness) if the period of this time is extended with dosing DMT at length. This sounds a bit tricky to me, but interesting.
And thank you for... on the pineal body answer. Smile

Noxulifer
#12 Posted : 10/26/2016 5:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More useful information, thanks guys!

I didn't know DMT was actually proven to be produced in the human body! It seems to be so much fact and wishful thinking mixed together regarding DMT it's hard to distinguish what is what sometimes. But in the end it's not that important, the experiences are there and I think most of us know it's real, what ever that means!

If the pineal gland is developed in the fetus after 49 days, Tibetan monks believe the soul or the awareness enters the body after 49 days, which is quite interesting.

I read something interesting about the pineal gland and sodium fluoride. Sodium fluoride very negatively affects the pineal gland and disrupts it's ability to balance our hormonal processes. It is present in drinking water, many different processed foods and beverages. It's been used to make prisoners compliant and less critical. Imagine what it will do to an entire population getting this stuff into their bodies their entire lives? Maybe this is a major contributor to the modern humans getting lost in pizzaMcDonaldsCocacolaHillaryTrump land?!

I have always felt DMT to be closely related to "death" and the afterlife, my first breakthrough felt like a NDE, and many more after that! The spirits or entities are telling me I am visiting the afterlife when I'm on the other side sometimes. It is the spirit world, a common plane of existing for all life in the Universe, or something like that Smile

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 10/27/2016 2:48:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turmeric wrote:

Well... spice. Smile
What I mean exactly is, as DMT can force separation into a state of "being awareness", would it not drastically change the body (or the overall level of awareness) if the period of this time is extended with dosing DMT at length. This sounds a bit tricky to me, but interesting.

To extend the duration of the DMT experience, all that is needed is consumption with a mono amine oxidase inhibitor.

-eg

turmeric
#14 Posted : 10/28/2016 5:52:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

turmeric wrote:

Well... spice. Smile

To extend the duration of the DMT experience, all that is needed is consumption with a mono amine oxidase inhibitor.

-eg

Uhm... Anyone tried? Is there a point of no return? Smile
(Thanks eg.)

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 10/28/2016 1:52:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:
More useful information, thanks guys!

I didn't know DMT was actually proven to be produced in the human body! It seems to be so much fact and wishful thinking mixed together regarding DMT it's hard to distinguish what is what sometimes. But in the end it's not that important, the experiences are there and I think most of us know it's real, what ever that means!

If the pineal gland is developed in the fetus after 49 days, Tibetan monks believe the soul or the awareness enters the body after 49 days, which is quite interesting.

I read something interesting about the pineal gland and sodium fluoride. Sodium fluoride very negatively affects the pineal gland and disrupts it's ability to balance our hormonal processes. It is present in drinking water, many different processed foods and beverages. It's been used to make prisoners compliant and less critical. Imagine what it will do to an entire population getting this stuff into their bodies their entire lives? Maybe this is a major contributor to the modern humans getting lost in pizzaMcDonaldsCocacolaHillaryTrump land?!

I have always felt DMT to be closely related to "death" and the afterlife, my first breakthrough felt like a NDE, and many more after that! The spirits or entities are telling me I am visiting the afterlife when I'm on the other side sometimes. It is the spirit world, a common plane of existing for all life in the Universe, or something like that Smile

When it comes to separating myth from fact regarding DMT, credible research articles and credible sources are all that's needed, never just accept a statement, question it a billion times over and demand empirical evidence.

Fluoride and the pinael body...

Hmmm...

I remember reading about this.

Corpora arenacea, or "brain sand" is very real, this is where the pineal body becomes calcified, it can even be seen on x-Ray! Picture attached.

The chemicals in our water supply were supposed to contribute to this, however, things get murky, things are hard to prove, though I believe it's been shown that fluoride in water does not improve dental health, and that there may be many adverse effects.

I'm firmly convinced that DMT gives one access to a state which is after death, but before whatever comes next, Tibetan Buddhists call this space the "bardo" or the "between"

Quote:
The metaphor of a vehicle--an after-death vehicle, an astral body--is used by several traditions. Shamanism and certain yogas, including Taoist yoga, claim very clearly that the purpose of life is to familiarize oneself with this after-death body so that the act of dying will not create confusion in the psyche. One will recognize what is happening. One will know what to do and one will make a clean break. Yet there does seem to be the possibility of a problem in dying. It is not the case that one is condemned to eternal life. One can muff it through ignorance.
Apparently at the moment of death there is a kind of separation, like birth--the metaphor is trivial, but perfect. There is a possibility of damage or of incorrect activity. The English poet-mystic William Blake said that as one starts into the spiral there is the possibility of falling from the golden track into eternal death. Yet it is only a crisis of a moment--a crisis of passage--and the whole purpose of shamanism and of life correctly lived is to strengthen the soul and to strengthen the ego's relationship to the soul so that this passage can be cleanly made. This is the traditional position...
What psychedelics encourage, and where I hope attention will focus once hallucinogens are culturally integrated to the point where large groups of people can plan research programs without fear of persecution, is the modeling of the after-death state. Psychedelics may do more than model this state; they may reveal the nature of it.
http://deoxy.org/t_ondeath.htm
-terence mckenna

These two links touch on the topic of death as well, and in my opinion in a manner that should be very relatable to one who has experienced death through DMT.

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
363.jpg (30kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 10/28/2016 2:17:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turmeric wrote:
turmeric wrote:

Well... spice. Smile

-eg

Uhm... Anyone tried? Is there a point of no return? Smile
(Thanks eg.)

ayahuasca is a DMT/MAOI combination.

DMT/MAOI combinations are ancient...

Read chapter 31 of "true hallucinations" by terence mckenna, it describes "The Experiment At La Chorrera", this may be a description of something similar to what you are describing...

-eg

turmeric
#17 Posted : 10/28/2016 11:04:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Read chapter 31 of "true hallucinations" by terence mckenna, it describes "The Experiment At La Chorrera", this may be a description of something similar to what you are describing...

-eg

I knows, cool story. The question was about overdosing and staying with the light longer, so I suppose you're implying I would end up spaced out for a while like Dennis Mckenna. Won't take that chance. Embarrased Thanks though.

entheogenic-gnosis
#18 Posted : 10/29/2016 2:16:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

turmeric wrote:

-eg

I knows, cool story. The question was about overdosing and staying with the light longer, so I suppose you're implying I would end up spaced out for a while like Dennis Mckenna. Won't take that chance. Embarrased Thanks though.

I really was not sure what you were saying...

-eg