We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How much vinegar is enough to properly acidify water for an ayahuasca brew? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 10/19/2016 12:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been previously using a lemon for a liter of water and it has worked great, but tasted horrendous even when diluted so I decided to switch to vinegar since it's less obvious.

I remember reading somewhere that one teaspoon of vinegar is enough for a liter of water, but that seemed to not be enough. There still was a bit of vinegar smell, no vinegar taste at all but the brew was noticeably weaker than the one I used the lemon with.

I figured that since it wasn't acidic enough, that the DMT merged to the plant tannins which I filtered quite a bit out.

So in conclusion, how much vinegar should be enough to lower the pH of tap water enough to form DMT acetate in it instead of binding to the plants tannins? I was thinking four table spoons per liter? Does vinegar work at all too or should I stick to lemons? I don't want it to vaporize off. I can't afford doing more test and trials I need to find something that works every time.

Side note; I also like my brews concentrated, so I can drink a dose in one shot glass. For some reason, this way made the stomach less upset and had a gradual buildup in effects instead of hitting in waves (I drink the MAOI and DMT together, always works). Using vinegar even though still disgusting is possible to get down. The downside was that it sacrificed a bit of potency for a slightly better taste.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:00:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5โ„… vinegar in a litre of water I would say at least 150-250ml but I could be wrong many teks around with ratios. Get some pH paper, you need to get it to pH 3-4.

Forget that just seen you mean for an aya Brew..

โ—‹
#3 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:09:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've never used an acid, whether it was with mhrb, caapi, acrb, chacruna, chali, rue, etc.

Has worked every time. Twisted Evil

Jees
#4 Posted : 10/19/2016 12:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
I've never used an acid, whether it was with mhrb, caapi, acrb, chacruna, chali, rue, etc. Has worked every time. Twisted Evil
I know of only 1 case, a person living faily high, in a mountain region (that does make sense right?), his tap water was like 8 IIRC, and complained about repetitive dulls, and all changed for the better when starting using bottle water. But this is an extreme situation not to be generalized Wink

AwesomeUsername
#5 Posted : 10/19/2016 10:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
I've never used an acid, whether it was with mhrb, caapi, acrb, chacruna, chali, rue, etc.

Has worked every time. Twisted Evil

Works for me too, but I'm not brewing ayahuasca in the traditional way.

I use mimosa/rue mixture because it is the most potent and cheap way to brew it. I do not care too much about tradition as bad as it sounds. For me the most important part about is efficacy. My goal is to make the brew as potent as it gets in a shorter period of time with filtering out as much tannins I can without potency loss.

Using an acid makes the brew more potent, less cooking time is needed and eradicates the purge because the DMT binds to the acid instead of the tannins. This means; less water used, less material used, less electricity wasted and overall less mess to be cleaned afterwards.

I usually don't mind doing some work, but I do mind doing more work for poorer results.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/20/2016 10:58:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I find vinegar brews to taste worse. My strategy is to brew without an acid, do the typical 3x boils, filter and reduce that to drink.. Then what I do is soak the 'mostly spent' brew in vinegar water for a couple of days, and then do one last boil with that, and I keep that separate and extract the alkaloids instead. That way I get the best of both worlds, I get all the alkaloids but dont have the bad taste from the vinegar.

When you say

AwesomeUsername wrote:
eradicates the purge because the DMT binds to the acid instead of the tannins

Do you have any source for that claim?

Purging can happen even with purified alkaloids, I don't think it's only a matter of tannins. And even if DMT would bind to the tannins as you are suggesting, you'd still be drinking the tannins that are in the brew, so what difference would it make for the body?

Lastly, regarding the original question, I have not myself nor have I heard of anyone testing different amounts of vinegar and comparing the results. I do know that Snozzleberry tested a THP extraction with and without vinegar, and the vinegar one had higher yield, but he didnt test different amounts of vinegar AFAIK. So maybe you could do that experiment and share the results, if you are so inclined? Smile

AwesomeUsername
#7 Posted : 10/21/2016 3:28:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it today, unfortunately I can't know for sure how much vinegar I used since I didn't measure it. I didn't go easy on it anyways.

Even though it tasted pretty bad I made it without puking. This was my strongest aya experience I had so far. A right level 5.

I'm writing this as I'm coming down from it. I drank it at roughly 1:30am, the effects are still present to some degree but not nearly to the amount it used to be. Today I managed to have complete ego death and facing my own death and now I'm finally feeling great again and so grateful to be alive.

I'm getting way off topic here but I hope you get the point. Vinegar works great! Very happy

Jees
#8 Posted : 10/21/2016 5:41:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
...Today I managed to have complete ego death and facing my own death and now I'm finally feeling great again and so grateful to be alive...
Love

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#9 Posted : 10/31/2016 12:54:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i find that acidifying the water a bit is really important.

in this topic https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=69741
i raised the question on how would one do a perfect brew, because i knew i have done everything right, the brew was really good, but for the amount of materials used, not good enough.

after analizing and re analizing, i came to the conclusion that it was due to ph of the water, traditional brews dont use any acid, but the water in the amazon is quite acidic by itself. so i started to use the most acidic water i could find, so that i dont have to add to much acid. it made all the diference. so i would say, put enough vineager to have your water in a ph between 4 and 5.
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?