We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
I'm going to be injected with DMT in the name of science Options

_Arcane_
#21 Posted : 10/13/2016 10:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too am waiting in earnest to hear about how this goes
LamVamRamYamHamKshamOm

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Intezam
#22 Posted : 10/19/2016 1:35:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MRI can produce some frightening heavy metal loike sounds, lets hope you won't be peaking while you are in that tube.
Safe travels.

fathomlessness
#23 Posted : 10/19/2016 2:42:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
MRI can produce some frightening heavy metal loike sounds, lets hope you won't be peaking while you are in that tube.
Safe travels.

Yes, I recently had one done and I was feeling like I was going insane because of the noises. Just how bizarre the noises were and how loud, repetitive and powerful it was really shook me in to not understanding how to comprehend receiving the sounds. I became scared I wasn't going to be able to handle it, but I calmed myself until it was over.

I would say it would be good to practice with some loud MRI sounds before you go, just to make sure you are ok... then again, if your in hyperspace... will it matter?

endlessness
#24 Posted : 10/19/2016 2:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds kinda similar to hyperspace sounds Big grin

Bancopuma, that is most excellent, Im very happy you have this opportunity! Please do share your experiences here as much as you can Smile

hug46
#25 Posted : 10/19/2016 2:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:

I got loaded into a machine like that, i can't remember whether it was an MRI or a CT scan. I think i ended up vomiting while i was inside it but i was particularly mentally and physically traumatised at the time.

I am sure that you will be ok inside the scanner Bancopuma. My good wishes are with you.

smoothmonkey
#26 Posted : 10/19/2016 4:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Sounds kinda similar to hyperspace sounds Big grin

Big grin Big grin
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 11/15/2016 11:33:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexus! Smile

Today I completed the second of my study days...each a week apart. Last week was the placebo...today definitely wasn't!! Big grin

I'm not at liberty to divulge specific details until February time when all the data for the study is in, then I'll publish a piece for The Nexian on my experience.

To give y'all the short version, my experience today...while gentler than some previous...was really beautiful and positive, have to say I really do like the IV route...straight to the point, no messing!! Felt very wholesome and benign...although my dosage was lower than occasions I have experienced previously, a little goes a long way with this ROA. The blast off was powerful, but I felt very safe and secure in the setting I was in.

I felt very well looked after by the Imperial College neuroscientists and medical doctor overseeing the study. I was just wearing an EEG skull cap and undergoing surveys before, during and after the experience, as well as blood tests to check hormone levels (not beta-endorphin though like Strassman's research which I flagged them on!). So no MRI for this this study, that is the next one...this study was a pilot dosing and EEG study only.

I have been invited back though to take part in the MRI study, and definitely intend on doing so...I was considered a good participant as I did not move much with the EEG on (movement induces noise in the data...even more of an issue with MRI scans).

It was funny, my friend who is partly funding this study, paying for the MRI scans had a lysergic and nitrous induced vision at a music festival during the summer, and during this vision he got this powerful message to connect with me (we'd only messaged very briefly online before...he invited me to participate in the study) and also to connect and collaborate with Prof David Nutt (the Principal Investigator of this study). Well as I was nearing the research hospital, I just so happen to arrive at the same time as David, and he takes me into his office block an we have a good natter as we go in, and I mention briefly our connection through our mutual friend's lysergic-festival vision. On arrival, I chow down on my breakfast (same breakfast consumed at the same time previously last week to keep things controlled...which just so happened to be coco pops not something I've eaten for breakfast in many years)...then Dr Robin Carhart-Harris appears on the scene and say hello. I moved out of the room to allow them to set things up, and Robin came to see me to wish me all the best before he leaves. I also gave a book on 5-MeO-DMT to the study lead to try and inspire some interest (I think Imperial should do a 5-MeO study with an adapted DMT protocol), and he was very thankful for the book, and had been meaning to buy it...so watch this space!

I've probably said too much as it is!! All in all, a really positive and interesting experience, I feel really lucky to have had the opportunity to experience this and contribute to the science, it was a privilege. It also warmed my heart encountering such a high calibre bunch of humans working to carry the psychedelic torch forward into new realms of science.

Lots more to come from the Imperial team, and elsewhere...exciting times y'all!! Thumbs up

Cognitive Heart
#28 Posted : 11/15/2016 11:54:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Incredible and inspiring, thank you for sharing. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Macre
#29 Posted : 11/16/2016 12:09:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew about this study as we both know another participant. I didn't know you were participating though. Nice one man.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

starway6
#30 Posted : 11/16/2016 1:12:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brilliantlydim wrote:
What if there is no discernible difference between the placebo and the DMT?
Big grin

Its guarented!@Very happy he will notice the diference imeadiatlyBig grin blast off!!

DreaMTripper
#31 Posted : 4/24/2017 3:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great opportunity and study do you have a follow up Bancopuma?

Bancopuma
#32 Posted : 4/24/2017 4:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude, I've been meaning to drop a line to the lead researcher to see when some kind of research output can be expected from the study, will be sure to chime in when I hear back. A further study with an fMRI component is planned for later this year.

DreaMTripper
#33 Posted : 4/29/2017 7:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Hey dude, I've been meaning to drop a line to the lead researcher to see when some kind of research output can be expected from the study, will be sure to chime in when I hear back. A further study with an fMRI component is planned for later this year.

Excellent I will look forward to it!

Quetzal7
#34 Posted : 4/30/2017 12:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for these reports !
I think it's really interesting research than could definitly help to make these products "more acceptable". This could help understand the medicine, but.... of course i think there's way more to it, and we should be careful to not fall into reductionism.

That leads to my question :
You said you feeled safe. But i maybe would feel less safe with this limited freedom and "sterile" environement, than at home (as i know that DMT is phisicaly safe anyway) ; for me DMT is not just a drug i take, it's a sacret ritual, where anything can happen, such as chanellings (sounds, mouvements, etc). Also, it's something i do with dears friends, people i feel deeply connected with, that i can trust deeply. I feel the Set&setting i prepare for myself is quite better than a study. Do you share any of these feelings and ideas? How "their" set&setting influenced the experience? Does it allow the FULL experience to unfold freely, is it a ideal S&S? If not, could it actually affect the result of their studies?

I would really like a conversation about that, when you allow to speak about it Smile

Thank you
*Q*

ps: i got a IM injection from a doctor too. But it was unofficial, with "left overs" of a study, so the S&S was personalized. and it is amazing to be able to try that.

Jees
#35 Posted : 4/30/2017 1:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:
...How "their" set&setting influenced the experience? Does it allow the FULL experience to unfold freely, is it a ideal S&S? If not, could it actually affect the result of their studies?...

Hi Q,

You'll love this pdf read, all about what you say Wink :
Page 3/6:
Quote:
...Suppose now, that instead of a hospital room with beepers
and weird electromagnetic currents in the subliminal envi-
ronment and medical personnel with odd motivations and
curiosities, you were in a beautiful wooden house in the
woods with a stream outside making gurgling and tinkling
sounds. Inside there are friends in casual clothing—soft,
tastefully-colored robes. Men and women dressed for a cel-
ebration, seated on velvet cushions on oriental carpets with
candles and flowers, and beautiful music. Flowers in vases,
mandalas, and wondrous paintings on the walls, aestheti-
cally lit by natural and traditional lights, not fluorescents. A
fire glowing in the hearth, multicolored fish swimming in an
aquarium. Before you is a teacher who has decades of per-
sonal DMT experiences who is serving as your travel facilita-
tor. You’ve prepared for days with yoga, meditation, and pure
food. What kinds of trips do you think happen in this type
of environment?...

Bancopuma
#36 Posted : 5/1/2017 4:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:
You said you feeled safe. But i maybe would feel less safe with this limited freedom and "sterile" environement, than at home (as i know that DMT is phisicaly safe anyway) ; for me DMT is not just a drug i take, it's a sacret ritual, where anything can happen, such as chanellings (sounds, mouvements, etc). Also, it's something i do with dears friends, people i feel deeply connected with, that i can trust deeply. I feel the Set&setting i prepare for myself is quite better than a study. Do you share any of these feelings and ideas? How "their" set&setting influenced the experience? Does it allow the FULL experience to unfold freely, is it a ideal S&S? If not, could it actually affect the result of their studies?

Personally, I do not feel the clinical setting in any detracted from my experience. Firstly, the Imperial College research team had taken care to prepare a room in the research hospital to make it a comfortable and cosy setting (compared to Rick Strassman's original DMT research). Secondly, I had a good report with the guys...two neuroscientists and a medical doctor who administered the DMT (with the other guys doing the tests). We all got on, I trusted them and felt comfortable in their presence and if anything being in a medical setting and being administered a precisely measured dose of DMT by a doctor alleviated anxieties. I felt very lucky to be participating in such a study. The IV route in this setting was a good way to go, my transition to the DMT space was smooth and seamless, my pre-flight and launching jitters were minimal (compared to launching myself) and I had a beautiful experience. I had eye shades on with eyes closed (necessary for the EEG readings), so the setting itself really didn't matter, as the setting was behind my closed eye lids. I couldn't move around as this would mess up the EEG readings, but in the name of science I was very happy to remain still for the duration, this wasn't a chore. I don't think my dose was particularly high, but was still enough to induce impressive effects...furthermore my really deep end DMT experiences tend to be pretty far removed from my physical setting.

Interesting to hear you had an doctor administered IM DMT experience yourself...how was that experience for you?

Quetzal7
#37 Posted : 5/1/2017 8:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm more than glad to hear this! i'm happy things are being done better than i imagine it! Indeed i had a bit of the "strassman setting" in mind ^^

And i can relate, once launch the physical setting is not so important (well, better if it's quiet i guess).
And yes, for the good purpose of the experiment it worths it. I'm curious what we can learn from these experiments thou... ^^ suspens !

My IM was an AMAZING experience. I got a Trip Report somewhere, i will try to find it and post it (i didn't had an account at the time). The Doctor gave me IM as, from his experience (he tried IV and IM multiple time himself), IM is way more confortable and smoother, especially in higher dosage. He described the IV as way too fast, as a punch in your face or something like this ^^ . So i went for IM (50mg)

Love
Q

Metashaman
#38 Posted : 5/1/2017 9:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Way to go!
Please point us to the study afterwards!

~Fate
Creator of PS.. Home of the Jester and the Akashic Record (DMT Monster Manual).
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.

Bancopuma
#39 Posted : 6/10/2017 5:02:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a small update, the EEG data from this research is still being analysed, so a publication is a little way off yet although definitely in the pipeline, and there is an fMRI + EEG study currently under preparation. A short article here discussing DMT research by one of the Imperial College team I was with on my study days.

http://chacruna.net/dmt-...ience-of-conscisousness/

d*l*b
#40 Posted : 7/3/2017 1:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An article from Wired too…

The brain on DMT: mapping the psychedelic drug's effects

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/mapping-brain-dmt-psychedelic-drugs

The tone of the article seems rather oppositional, not really sure it is a useful addition!
D × V × F > R

PREV1234NEXT