We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Too much HCL in salting, Kash tek. Can it destroy the alks? Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 9/12/2016 4:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am doing Kash's A/B. I am at the salting stage and I added to much HCL on my toluene pulls. Will this destroy my work? I went down to below ph2 Sad

mesc noob mistake, ugh
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 9/12/2016 5:33:55 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

It shoujd not be a problem. The only thing is that more "things" will migrate in the water which lead to a less pure mescaline.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

skoobysnax
#3 Posted : 9/12/2016 6:02:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
It shoujd not be a problem. The only thing is that more "things" will migrate in the water which lead to a less pure mescaline.

Thanks much! You are one one my best friends here Smile I was panicking that all my worked was for nought lol. Some aspects of less pure may be OK by me if it in terms of other alks but I will be washing this well.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 9/12/2016 8:58:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once i added too much hcl after a calculation mistake and the mesc came out black. I tried washing but it was too dirty, so it stayed too dark. I redissolved it in water, re-based and re-extracted, and then the results were perfect.

So yes as said before no worries, it will just come out more impure but you can clean it no problem

1ce
#5 Posted : 9/13/2016 1:46:53 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

skoobysnax wrote:
I am doing Kash's A/B. I am at the salting stage and I added to much HCL on my toluene pulls. Will this destroy my work? I went down to below ph2 Sad

mesc noob mistake, ugh

No problem mate. Boil to a very small amount and evap in a wide dish. Excess hcl will evap as well. Then just redissolve in hot alcohol to recrystallize.

skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 9/14/2016 3:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
skoobysnax wrote:

mesc noob mistake, ugh

No problem mate. Boil to a very small amount and evap in a wide dish. Excess hcl will evap as well. Then just redissolve in hot alcohol to recrystallize.

Cool, I placed my tray in the oven at 200F and watched it closely until it was a thin layer of solution. The slow evap is needlepointing on the edges now. looks a dirty brown but all is well. Thx everyone!! Hat tip to Kash. This is my go to tek now.

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 9/24/2016 2:42:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

100% pleased with the results Very happy Big grin Cool

Why am I here?

Kash
#8 Posted : 10/11/2016 8:19:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Congratz on the success! Yeah a little bit extra hcl is generally no big deal and evaporating with a fan should still give crystals. Doing a cold acetone or MEK wash usually cleans them right up.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Morbidbystandard
#9 Posted : 11/30/2019 5:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My buddy ran into the same problem but faced with golden brown tar. Can someone explain in detail where to go from here?

DansMaTete
#10 Posted : 11/30/2019 6:00:43 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Morbidbystandard wrote:
My buddy ran into the same problem but faced with golden brown tar. Can someone explain in detail where to go from here?

Use purification step (from Kash's tek)

Or, as endlessness said post #4
endlessness wrote:
I tried washing but it was too dirty, so it stayed too dark. I redissolved it in water, re-based and re-extracted, and then the results were perfect.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Cactus Man
#11 Posted : 12/2/2019 9:03:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just going to be a bit more of a clean up for you to do after, but no it not ruined in any way.

Wash dat tang mang!

Thumbs up

Morbidbystandard
#12 Posted : 12/3/2019 12:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After looking over the tek it was discovered that the statement concentrated hcl in the body of the text did not mean 32 to 36%. The ingredients list states hcl muriatic acid which is usually around 10.Confused

Still the skills are really lacking and some considerations are going towards not enough NaHO