We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV101112
Psychoactive Lichen!!!...Novel Entheogen needs Research! Options

downwardsfromzero
#221 Posted : 9/30/2016 10:09:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

PsilocybeChild wrote:
Collema flaccidum purportedly contains bufotenin.

That one species that is reported as like a psychedelic that gets icelanders high is also available from a site or two online.

Bufotenine also occurs in several species of Amanita - which gave rise to one of its alternative names, mappine (from A. mappa syn. A. citrina - the false death cap) - so it's not entirely surprising to find it in assocation with another fungally related species.

Looking at that Collema flaccidum, there was a huge patch of something very similar outside the gates of a place where I used to work! (May be it would be fruitful to go back and have a look...)

Do we have an ID on that Icelandic species? Otherwise it still seems a bit anecdotal and I wouldn't be surprised to find it turns out to be an elaborate Icelandic prank Laughing The article suggests that it is Parmotrema menyamyaense although subsequent follow-up still leaves this somewhat unclear to me: "the mid slopes of the Eastern Himalayas" are claimed by some to be its endemic region, rather than the Arctic. What am I missing? (A higher degree in biochemical lichenology, by the looks of it!)

http://bluelight.org/vb/printthread.php?t=519823
http://www.hipforums.com...794-psychoactive-lichen/ (have we come any further than this since 2009?)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PsilocybeChild
#222 Posted : 9/30/2016 10:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Bufotenine also occurs in several species of Amanita - which gave rise to one of its alternative names, mappine (from A. mappa syn. A. citrina - the false death cap)

Has this been used safely, recreationally?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

downwardsfromzero
#223 Posted : 9/30/2016 10:57:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I think we're talking trace amounts. A. citrina is considered sort of edible. Its name suggests extreme caution as it would be easy to mix it up with the true death cap!

Information about bufo-containing amanitas is eminently findable, I don't have it to hand and would rather be getting on with something else right now Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsilocybeChild
#224 Posted : 10/1/2016 5:03:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone please ID the lichen species I posted!! Second time smoking it out of a brand new bong, and I can def confirm it gives a nice cannabis-like high. Wonder If it could be easy to grow and extract.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

MaNoMaNoM
#225 Posted : 10/1/2016 8:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@PsilocybeChild iam no lichen expert, but the pictures posted look like Parmela Conspersa.
No need to grow it (besides for fun) because it's already growing wild almost EVERYWHERE.
Several people reported similar experiences... That is very exciting, and deserves research.

*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

PsilocybeChild
#226 Posted : 1/22/2017 4:59:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

twitchy
#227 Posted : 9/24/2019 11:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I poked around and looked at a couple samples growing locally and it dawned on me how difficult it is to differentiate between types of lichens, but wow what an interesting discovery. Was surprised to see this topic fade into obscurity, but I guess folks don't generally lichen new things. The surface of the earth is pretty much carpeted with the stuff though, just be mindful if you go collecting samples to ID, some of these take centuries to grow to any size and some of them are pretty toxic.
In the case of Iceland's mystery active lichen, if it's Cetraria islandica or similar in appearance, it could be easily mistaken for moss and overlooked.

Edit:
Customs Agent: Do you have anything to declare?
Twitchy: Just this rotten log from Ecuador.
Big grin
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

«PREV101112