We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
spice seems to be burning in glass vaporgenie Options

acacian
#1 Posted : 9/29/2016 11:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a few misfires lately with what should have been powerful experiences - and the vapor has been tasting a little harsh on the back of my throat, as if its being overheated. So I am wondering whether it is possible that when the filter loosens in the lid over time (which has been the case with both my GVG's) that it may let too much heat in? recently gave a friend some dmt infused leaf and it seemed to burn and glow red.. even with the ceramic filter lid on top. the product that came out was smoke rather than vapor..

the other night had around 60-70mg of spice melted into the vaporgenie liquid concentration pad.. the ceramic filter lid was on.. but it still seemed to be burning. effects were threshhold and my throat felt quite sore afterwards..

Has anybody had similar experiences?

[edit: the "spice" could in fact be something else.. it was presumed to be dmt due to forming flat circular crystals after evap.. was from floribunda which I usually find pretty fruitful but it could be variable in alkaloid composition.. this issue with the genie still persist when using infused leaf preparations though]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

1ce
#2 Posted : 9/30/2016 4:12:12 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Is it possible you had left over basic media such as sodium carbonate?

acacian
#3 Posted : 9/30/2016 11:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Is it possible you had left over basic media such as sodium carbonate?

Not really..I'm always very careful to separate the polar and non polar fractions.. And its happened a number of times especially when there is leafy material being used.. it seems to get way too hot

3rdI
#4 Posted : 9/30/2016 12:02:02 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ive set fire to enhanced mullien a few times in my GVG, and it has a pretty snug/perfect fitting top piece. its defo possible to over heat with a GVG.

maybe you were just unlucky, were you using the same lighter?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/30/2016 1:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of a lighter are you using?

If using a torch, set it to minimum.

And just be more careful bringing the lighter close to the GVG, keep it further away, and regulate the proximity by the vapor density.. Start far away, gradually bring it closer, until you see the vapor getting denser, then already bring it further away again...

acacian
#6 Posted : 10/1/2016 12:47:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Been using a jet lighter with the flame on max so therein probably lies the problem.. thanks for your replies Smile