We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
What do you hope to get out of Psychedelics? Options

strtman
#21 Posted : 4/16/2016 6:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the beginning it was only curiosity, the most powerful force in my life to do something.

But after some experiences I begin to realize that they are trying to tell me something. I take my trips serious but most important, it is all pure fun. The most sensational thing I have ever encountered.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

JDSalinger
#22 Posted : 4/26/2016 4:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PH0Man wrote:
Fellow Nexians,

I'm curious as to what a few of your goals are for psychedelic use? Self-improvement/psychoanalysis, understanding of the universe, seeking an answer to that Question, just plain fun, what? Have any of you achieved your goals, and how do these goals relate to your worldview/ the meaning your attribute to life?

Have psychedelics been able to turn your pessimism into enthusiasm,your atheism into deism, your depression into a realization of repression and a will to break free...

Has anyone been left vaguely bemused by psychedelics, unable to find a greater meaning for which they yearned, or just generally unable to feel like they change anything? Is it because you consider yourself too skeptical or a realist?

What would you say to convince a someone who doubts the utility of psychedelics? Which psychedelics are particularly useful for you, or not so much?

Looking forward to your answers, hopefully this turns into a long thread Smile

My goals: Try and dissolve my ego. I believe I have found my own answer to the meaning of life, there is none, true acceptance of this will lead to freedom.

I think as a result of psychedelics I am happier.

Change comes for the self, I no longer eat meat, I cut out all fast food, buy organic whenever possible, pick up rubbish, go barefoot more, aren't our feet make to walk on?

I find that a hard answer, people are brought up to believe illegal drugs bad, a life time of feed false information is hard to break. For me LSD and DMT. I would like to become more familiar with psilocybin.

Love
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

Khronos
#23 Posted : 7/1/2016 9:59:33 AM

\m/

• High Doses

To know My/Thyself and put my nondual wonderings to rest

• Medium Doses

To escape my conditioned mind (for fun, insight, healing, wonder, joy etc.)

• Micro Doses

Supplemental aid for specific activities (focus, exercise, problem solving etc.)

Your pain is the pain of the world.
    Heal yourself, heal the world.
    Heal the world, heal yourself.
  •  
    #24 Posted : 7/1/2016 12:47:20 PM
    DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I never wanted anything concrete from psychedelics. They don't owe me anything. I just wanted these plant compounds to do their thing, be themselves around me. I was always just curious, very curious. The curiosity payed off.

Valmar
    #25 Posted : 7/1/2016 12:52:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope to find healing for the negative energies and trauma I have accumulated throughout life, to discover more about myself and my purpose for being here in this life, to discover more about the nature of the physical, mental and spiritual realms, whatever they might be, and to just have a great time learning whatever psychedelics and the mysterious beings who inhabit the psychedelic realms wish to teach me. Smile
    “The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
    ~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
    ~ Carl Jung

WisdomTooth
    #26 Posted : 9/20/2016 3:46:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Re-connection to my inner-child, the pure energy, the infinite being within, re-connection to source consciousness and destruction of illusion and separation.

Too me its the quickest, most powerful reminder of remembering who we are and why we are here and whats important in life ect.. Unconditional love & Eternal Bliss <3

We are here to play, we are creators!
    Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

3rdI
    #27 Posted : 9/20/2016 11:19:19 AM

veni, vidi, spici

i hope my psychedelic experiences create awe, i want it to be awesome.
    INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Nathanial.Dread
    #28 Posted : 9/20/2016 5:25:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
    i hope my psychedelic experiences create awe, i want it to be awesome.

Hopefully it's not awful Wink

Blessings
    ~ND
    "There are many paths up the same mountain."

Swarupa
    #29 Posted : 9/20/2016 7:55:12 PM
    DMT-Nexus member

What do I hope to get out of psychedelics? Nothing!

Sure I enjoy some of the temporary effects, altho my favorite part of it is a way to transcend the fleeting, leaving what is always here as it is. That may seem like I do want something out of it, the thing is what remains is already here, it's not some thing I can 'get' or extract out of an experience, it's that in which all experience itself arises, awareness... present prior to come-up, throughout peak, and here long after the comedown.

There's no object that psychedelics have ever shown me, no matter how cosmic, pretty or insightful, that can eclipse the extraordinary presence of the subject. IME, the essential nature (although it may be revealed during a process) isn't gained at the end of a process.

/maya

dragonrider
    #30 Posted : 9/21/2016 6:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people would say that it's superficial if all you're looking for is entertainment or pleasure. But then...what if you would say that pleasure could not ever realy be true pleasure if it would be void of meaning? To me, psychedelics remind me of the beauty of life. The psychedelic experience is an experience of grattitude.

PH0Man
    #31 Posted : 9/22/2016 7:25:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WisdomTooth wrote:
    Re-connection to my inner-child, the pure energy, the infinite being within, re-connection to source consciousness and destruction of illusion and separation.

Too me its the quickest, most powerful reminder of remembering who we are and why we are here and whats important in life ect.. Unconditional love & Eternal Bliss <3

We are here to play, we are creators!

I really love this response, thanks for sharing Smile

universecannon
    #32 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:12:58 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Superpowers

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Cognitive Heart
    #33 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awe and wisdom.
    'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

DmnStr8
    #34 Posted : 9/27/2016 4:52:00 AM

Come what may

My hope is to merge the darkness and the light.
    "In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Jees
    #35 Posted : 9/27/2016 11:21:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you hope to get out of Psychedelics?

Nothing, really.

What do I get out of of Psychedelics?

Ohh, that's another question all together, but off topic in a 'hope' thread.

Razz Big grin

3rdI
    #36 Posted : 9/27/2016 11:31:28 AM

veni, vidi, spici

universecannon wrote:
    Superpowers

i changed my mind, bobbins to awe, i want superpowers too.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Jees
    #37 Posted : 9/27/2016 10:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nexians

kaaos
    #38 Posted : 9/28/2016 6:59:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with Strassman on this one. It doesn't really matter what you're looking to achieve or uncover because in the end of the day, you'll get the trip you need and not the one you're consciously looking for.
    "..undisturbed by order, chaos creates balance. it is not the artifical balance of scales and weights, but the lively, ever-changing balance of a wild and beautiful dance. it is wonderful; it is magickal. it is beyond any definition, and every attempt to describe it can only be a metaphor that never comes near to its true beauty or erotic energy."

"the angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. between the two remains the son of man to struggle."

GMM
    #39 Posted : 10/5/2016 8:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When i started doing psychedelics(early 90s) i was hoping to get some awesome visuals and a good high.
    But that changed when i started upping the doses, and changing my set, from partys to at home or in nature.

Nowadays i trip at home (LSD and/orDMT) maybe 3 times a year at most .
    What i get out of it now ?

self researchConfused
    universal adventuresSurprised
    laughLaughing
    crySad

and awesome visuals and a good highThumbs up

brilliantlydim
    #40 Posted : 10/24/2016 11:03:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brining consciousness to the unconscious, or maybe its vice versa.
    Help breaking down internal barriers.
    Help facilitating change with in.
    Growth through novel experience.
    Knowledge and understanding of self, and through that the universe.

Once in a while, purely for recreation. Way better than watching the crappy movies they put out there these days.

PREV123NEXT