We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV126127128129130NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

MrDistractible
#2541 Posted : 9/21/2016 8:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! I keep having a problem with a white layer covering the bottom of my dish when freezing it. When i remove the exess naphtha it stays and dries up nicely. When i use a straight razorblade to scrape it flakes. I have scraped it up and when i try to recrystalize it it just does not dissolve. No matter temprature or if i use heptane or Naptha.

The naptha was yellowish clear when i put it in the dish, after a few hours in the freezer (no lid) this layer starts covering the bottom of dish with small bubles from bottom.
What is this substance i am finding?

Bark is MHRB, using destilled (battery) water, lye and naptha. Also added a tiny bit of salt (non iodyne added)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MrDistractible
#2542 Posted : 9/22/2016 8:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It really feels like i am throwing away alot of dmt.. but then again, if it does not dissolve in heptane it must be something else, right? It has a much more fiberous quality then crystals.. And sortif just hugs the bottom of the glass when trying to dissolve in warm heptane.
I tried adding water to the residue after pouring the naptha into a dish for recrystilisation and the water made it clumpy and it floats. *scratches my head*

Psilosopher?
#2543 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:28:55 AM

Don't Panic

A pic would be nice.

When you say layer, was it an even layer across the entire bottom?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

MrDistractible
#2544 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:42:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
A pic would be nice.

Yes, it looked like a thin layer of flour. Covering the entire bottom of the dish in some of the pulls. Someplaces there would be big shallow bubles in the layer. After removing excess naptha and drying it became like a hard shell. Scraping it off it came of in hard flakes that i chopped up as finely as i could and used heptane to try to salvage as much DMT as i could from the flaky residue.

I did not take any pictures but will upload a picture of the dried up heptane with the dmt sollution in it and the (now) clumpy goo i added to water to see the effects.

MrDistractible
#2545 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:52:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MrDistractible wrote:
[quote=Bodhisativa]A pic would be nice.

https://www.dropbox.com/...20160922_103627.jpg?dl=0
This is what it looks like with redried naptha.

https://www.dropbox.com/...20160922_103703.jpg?dl=0
This is the non-naptha solvable layer matterial. I added water into the glass after pouring the naptha into the dish above to see how it behaved. It clumped up and was floating.

aqh
#2546 Posted : 9/22/2016 5:14:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

aqh wrote:
Standard AB using vinegar, lye, toluene and Muriatic.
Washed twice with ice cold MEK.
Starting material was fresh Trichocereus Pachanoi.

Does it look okay?

Anyone?

MrDistractible
#2547 Posted : 9/23/2016 5:39:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is with the extremely red color? Did i catch some junglespice as well?
This is what is left of the strange flaky substance that i tried desolving in heptane. Then i dried it on a hot bathroom floor.

It is still kinda sticky. How did i mess this up so badly :/ I followed a simple recipe.

aqh
#2548 Posted : 9/26/2016 5:12:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had better luck getting help at the Nook.
You might try there if you're still looking for help.

benzyme
#2549 Posted : 9/26/2016 6:06:53 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Laughing the nook.

for the panachoi extract: redissolve in 60:40 acetone(or MEK):water, freeze precipitate. vac filter, while rinsing with cold vm&p naphtha.

for the jungle spice, redissolve in warm vm&p. there may be a reddish/orange oil at the bottom. decant off the naphtha to separate it from that oil, and freeze precipitate that.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MrDistractible
#2550 Posted : 9/27/2016 9:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Laughing the nook.

for the panachoi extract: redissolve in 60:40 acetone(or MEK):water, freeze precipitate. vac filter, while rinsing with cold vm&p naphtha.

for the jungle spice, redissolve in warm vm&p. there may be a reddish/orange oil at the bottom. decant off the naphtha to separate it from that oil, and freeze precipitate that.

Thank you for the reply! Smile
Is the red oil harmfull in any way?

benzyme
#2551 Posted : 9/27/2016 3:42:50 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

no.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MrDistractible
#2552 Posted : 9/28/2016 1:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
no.

Thanks! Smile

CouchLove
#2553 Posted : 10/5/2016 6:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I will preface this with the statement: I should have taken pictures.

I seem to have run into a slight problem.

50g A/B ACRB extraction. Followed the measurements as best as possible.

Everything was going fine, however, I think that I mistook the warm water bath, for a hot water bath, and cooked the hell out of the basic soup, which caused the Naphtha to strip out way more fats that it well should have. Pretty sure I killed it.

During each pull (I did about 4) the NPS would separate with in a few minutes after agitation.... The NPS was placed into jar, where it became very cloudy and yellow. I placed the jar in a warm water bath to see if what every content would dissolve back into the NPS. It became see through, and there were these odd little oil bubbles at the bottom of the container...

I placed the NPS into a pyrex dish. It was still clear (yellowed, but with nothing suspended), but the oil bubbles remained. I thought these were some odd impurities at first...

I threw everything into the freezer, and let it sit for 18 hours. I come back from work the check on it and I have found that the NPS has tons of white particulates floating in it, and is still piss yellow. The little oil bubbles turned out to be active. Got a tiny amount, that was good for just a taste.

I threw it back into the freezer to see if it would deposit more. Came home today to find the same results, but this time with a tiny amount of goo...NPS is still super yellow, with what I assume to be fats/oils settling at the bottom.

I know it is hard with out pictures, but does this sound familiar to anyone? Am I right to think I probably cooked it too high, and the NPS stripped a shit ton of unnecessary plant matter, which is keeping the goodies locked inside, and forming crystals? Might it be wise to try to clean the NPS up?

I am going to try again, but this time be way more mindful with the temperatures...

Psilosopher?
#2554 Posted : 10/5/2016 7:08:30 AM

Don't Panic

CouchLove wrote:
So I will preface this with the statement: I should have taken pictures.

I seem to have run into a slight problem.

50g A/B ACRB extraction. Followed the measurements as best as possible.

Everything was going fine, however, I think that I mistook the warm water bath, for a hot water bath, and cooked the hell out of the basic soup, which caused the Naphtha to strip out way more fats that it well should have. Pretty sure I killed it.

During each pull (I did about 4) the NPS would separate with in a few minutes after agitation.... The NPS was placed into jar, where it became very cloudy and yellow. I placed the jar in a warm water bath to see if what every content would dissolve back into the NPS. It became see through, and there were these odd little oil bubbles at the bottom of the container...

I placed the NPS into a pyrex dish. It was still clear (yellowed, but with nothing suspended), but the oil bubbles remained. I thought these were some odd impurities at first...

I threw everything into the freezer, and let it sit for 18 hours. I come back from work the check on it and I have found that the NPS has tons of white particulates floating in it, and is still piss yellow. The little oil bubbles turned out to be active. Got a tiny amount, that was good for just a taste.

I threw it back into the freezer to see if it would deposit more. Came home today to find the same results, but this time with a tiny amount of goo...NPS is still super yellow, with what I assume to be fats/oils settling at the bottom.

I know it is hard with out pictures, but does this sound familiar to anyone? Am I right to think I probably cooked it too high, and the NPS stripped a shit ton of unnecessary plant matter, which is keeping the goodies locked inside, and forming crystals? Might it be wise to try to clean the NPS up?

I am going to try again, but this time be way more mindful with the temperatures...

There is a chance that a lot of your freebase DMT turned into vapour when you cooked the hell out of it. Do you know what temp you cooked it for and how long?

The boiling point of DMT is still a bit vague. This thread might shed a little light. But yeah, it is possible you killed it. I've done that once before, and got zero yield.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=147283
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

CouchLove
#2555 Posted : 10/5/2016 7:23:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:

There is a chance that a lot of your freebase DMT turned into vapour when you cooked the hell out of it. Do you know what temp you cooked it for and how long?

The boiling point of DMT is still a bit vague. This thread might shed a little light. But yeah, it is possible you killed it. I've done that once before, and got zero yield.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=147283

I did 4 pulls. mixing the bottle every few 5-10 minutes. They sat in the warm water bath for 45 minutes each time. No idea what temperature it was, but I know it was way hotter than it should have been. I kept reheating the bath, and at one point, it started boiling

At one point when I was pulling, some of the NPS hit the side of the bottle, and I could smell the spice.

This next time, I am going to just use a kettle. Get the water to a boil, and then add to the pot the bottles will be in. No direct heat... Hopefully it works.

CouchLove
#2556 Posted : 10/6/2016 5:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So -- I was just here with a question, and now I have another question:

Last night, I did 2 batches of cybs 50g hybrid ATB with ACRB

Followed every step to a T, made sure to keep the temperatures stable, and in an optimal range (as I over cooked the shit out of them last time). Combined all the pulls, and put them into the freezer for 14 hours and wait.

The NPS was hardly yellow when I placed it in the dish, and completely clear.

I pull it out, and it is darker, with sediments floating around. I only got a spek of product, and the NPS is now in a jar.

I took pictures this time. What should I do with the NPS -- are there still actives in it? Should I try air drying it? Would it be possible to take these pulls, and try to clean them up, as EW recommends in this tek?

And I took a picture of my product too...

Thanks for the help!

BreakonThrough1
#2557 Posted : 10/6/2016 6:09:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Guys,

I hope i don't disturb anyone while i am asking!

I got a little problem with my DMT extraction i did a couple of days ago.

I did a STB Tek and got a nice looking/yellow naphta as a result.

However there aren't any crystals forming in my freezer "which is really cold like -25 degrees"

I let it sit for at least 24 hours in the freezer, after that i take out the naptha and i can't see any crystals on the bottom of my pyrex dishes.

However when the temperature rises from -25 to room temperature, i can see DMT like material floating in the Naptha, but it dissapears very fast and doesn't form any crystals on the bottom when i place the dish back in the freezer.

This is very strange, because the yellow color should suggest that there is DMT in my naptha.

What am i doing wrong?

The Mimosa Hostilis is from a good/trustworthy supplier, which is normally giving the best yields.

I got a total 650ml "500 gram MHRB used" naptha fluid, seperated in two pyrex dishes.

Can anyone help me with this problem that i am facing?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

BreakonThrough1

jiva
#2558 Posted : 10/6/2016 7:15:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BreakonThrough1 wrote:

This is very strange, because the yellow color should suggest that there is DMT in my naptha.

i have never heard that a yellow color indicates DMT in the naphta, if you blow on the naphta and it turns foggy it is usually a good indication for saturated naphta

what kind of naphta are you using?
how long have you had the base sitting before you did a pull?

BreakonThrough1
#2559 Posted : 10/6/2016 7:50:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@jiva,

When i blow on the naptha it doesn't turns foggySad

When i let it sit in the freezer i can see that fog appear after a couple of hours, but nothing appears on the bottom though.

I am using White Spirit as the naptha, this turned out good earlier, but know i really have my doubts.

The base and naptha were sitting for at least a day.

jiva
#2560 Posted : 10/6/2016 8:23:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how many pulls have you done on this batch?

«PREV126127128129130NEXT»