We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Simplex Options

bigtdotcom
#1 Posted : 4/11/2015 6:17:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been researching the Acacia species lately and have come across Acacia Simplex from New Caledonia . Through my research it is said to produce a much more concentrated dye then Mimosa hostilis and Acacia Confusa. By dye I'm sure they mean spice. Just wondered if anyone here as had any experience with Acacia Simplex? It appears to be twice as valuable as ACRB. If this is a species I choose to work with, what would be a good extraction path to use? Currently I am extraction with ACRB.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wearepeople
#2 Posted : 4/11/2015 8:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bigtdotcom wrote:
If this is a species I choose to work with, what would be a good extraction path to use? Currently I am extraction with ACRB.

I would guess something similar to ACRB.

Grow more plants,
wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 9/26/2016 9:17:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bigtdotcom wrote:
I've been researching the Acacia species lately and have come across Acacia Simplex from New Caledonia . Through my research it is said to produce a much more concentrated dye then Mimosa hostilis and Acacia Confusa. By dye I'm sure they mean spice. Just wondered if anyone here as had any experience with Acacia Simplex? It appears to be twice as valuable as ACRB. If this is a species I choose to work with, what would be a good extraction path to use? Currently I am extraction with ACRB.

Any tek for MHRB/ACRB would be applicable to Simplex. although it's trunk bark contains ~3.6% alkaloid content, approx 2/3 of it is NMT whereas ACRB has ~50:50 ration of DMT:NMT

I find that the extract produces a much moar meditative and spacious experience than other extracts; if you ever get the chance to try or make simplex extract, jump on that pony and ride it to the restaurant at the end of the universe and back and tell us how the ride went!
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

acacian
#4 Posted : 9/27/2016 7:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With something as rare and special as Simplex I would be doing an extraction method that will pull as many of its alkaloids possible, as its complex profile is what makes it a particularly unique tree.

its up to you what tek you use, though keep in mind some won't be great for pulling a wide range of alkaloids and may more specialize in extracting just dmt (a total waste of extracting from simplex if that is the case)

if it was me I would probably do an initial cold soak with a mix of ethanol, water and acid for a few days.. strain that liquid and reduce a little before basing with NaOH and pulling the alkaloids with non polar solvent. this could possibly pull alkaloids that excessive use of heat might degrade

and I'd then put the solvent aside before simmering the plant material in an ethanol/water/acid solution for an 45 (x2), straining, reducing and basing with NaOH and then pulling with either the same or a new lot of non polar solvent.. wash solvent with salty basic solution (NaOH with water and salt works well)

I wouldn't be using naptha as it won't pull the range of alkaloids that something like dcm, toluene, xylene, or limonene will be able to..