We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The power of the moon Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#21 Posted : 9/18/2016 2:34:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.livescience.c...truth-lunar-effects.html

I found this link to be very informative regarding the moon and some of the myths surrounding it.

-eg

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BecometheOther
#22 Posted : 9/21/2016 11:16:22 PM

metamorhpasizer

I don't think the best source of info on the mystical qualities of the moon is a scientific based article that is thick with reductionism. We are in spirituality and mysticism section, science be damned!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

entheogenic-gnosis
#23 Posted : 9/22/2016 3:07:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suppose you are correct.

however I don't think that understanding the science detracts from the mystical qualities of the moon.

Besides, if the science interferes with mystical notions, than perhaps the mystical notions were ill-founded, or founded on misunderstanding of the situation.

-eg

BecometheOther
#24 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:33:09 PM

metamorhpasizer

It's all good, but if I were to interpret that article into one phrase it would be, the moon has no influence over anything and people are making it all up.

For me the mystical qualities of the moon have nothing to do with the silly myths and half truths that surround full moons, like for instance that people go crazy during full moons, and more to do with being outdoors during a full moon and feeling directly what it has to offer. I don't consider those myths to be "mystical notions" of the moon.

If you want to feel the moon do a earth honoring ceremony during a full moon, there's no way I know of to do it better
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

entheogenic-gnosis
#25 Posted : 9/23/2016 2:35:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
It's all good, but if I were to interpret that article into one phrase it would be, the moon has no influence over anything and people are making it all up.

For me the mystical qualities of the moon have nothing to do with the silly myths and half truths that surround full moons, like for instance that people go crazy during full moons, and more to do with being outdoors during a full moon and feeling directly what it has to offer. I don't consider those myths to be "mystical notions" of the moon.

If you want to feel the moon do a earth honoring ceremony during a full moon, there's no way I know of to do it better

I understand what you mean, though I'm not sure that's what the article was saying.

...I saw the studies as fairly objective.

I'm a very spiritual person, with great interest in mysticism and mystery, however, I'm also a skeptic, and a very scientifically oriented person, my mysticism is always based around true mystery, true mystery can be found resting in these areas where science has to throw up it's arms and say "beats me".

True mysteries can stand up to the scrutiny of science, true mysteries will hold up even after being challenged.

-eg

BecometheOther
#26 Posted : 9/24/2016 10:44:23 PM

metamorhpasizer

A healthy level of sceptisism is defenetly a good thing to have. As well as a healthy amount of openness too.

Do you have an example of true mystery?

Cheers btw, hope your having a great day

entheogenic-gnosis
#27 Posted : 9/25/2016 3:21:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
A healthy level of sceptisism is defenetly a good thing to have. As well as a healthy amount of openness too.

Do you have an example of true mystery?

Cheers btw, hope your having a great day

There are many, The DMT experience/psychedelic experience being the most obvious.

There are certain types of clairvoyance, morphogenetic fields, NDE's, mystical experiences, impossible synchronicity, consciousness itself, conscious-being after death, and so on...

Here mckenna elucidates his method for sorting out the "shit" from the "shinola":

Quote:
"My method, my style, has always been to be open-minded, to be critical, to be rational, but to seek the weird. And to seek it seriously. Now, if you seek the weird without a critical intelligence, it will find you faster than you can lock your apartment behind you! The number of squirrelly ideas on the market these days is truly alarming. I coined a phrase (I hope), "the balkanization of epistemology". This is what we're dealing with now. You understand what I mean? It means people can't tell shit from Shinola, but they wanna talk about it, a lot! This is a place where you have to bring to bear what are called razors, logical razors. One is: hypotheses should not be multiplied without necessity. Another is: equations should not be multiplied without necessity. Razors always seek what is called the principle of parsimony. In other words, keep it simple, stupid. The simplest explanation is always to be preferred first."

So, my thing has always been, whether you present me with a diet, a social arrangement, a sexual conundrum, a work of art, my criteria is ‘is it shit, or is it Shinola?’"

- Terence McKenna

This is a reasonable way to proceed in these areas, you must be open, but you can't be foolish or gullible, you must have your intellectual razors and "healthy skepticism" in place, and you must test and challenge what you are presented with.

-eg

BecometheOther
#28 Posted : 9/25/2016 7:52:59 PM

metamorhpasizer

Nice, really like that quote makes a lot of sense to me. Surely amongst all the info out there much is bs, but if you apply logical razors it's pretty easy to see what holds up.

entheogenic-gnosis
#29 Posted : 9/26/2016 2:22:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
Nice, really like that quote makes a lot of sense to me. Surely amongst all the info out there much is bs, but if you apply logical razors it's pretty easy to see what holds up.

You can be scientific without being board.

Magic is alive and well.

-eg

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#30 Posted : 9/30/2016 7:53:01 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

I've felt the power of the moon directly on more than one occasion (especially while awakened by psychedelics).

Here is a recent experience I wrote. I think you'll find it very relevant :
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=759295#post759295

My first time taking Mescaline went like this : (If you read the whole thing you will get the point)

Took 250mg and walked up to my local graveyard to watch the sunset over the valley.
Sat next to my ancestor's graves and sang and poured my soul out in all directions.
Great energetic vibes. I felt they were pleased with my visitation.
Called a friend and told him about it.
As soon as I got off the phone with him I felt such an incredible darkness and sickness just flood my conscious field.
The Earth began to open up and the decaying corpses under my feet were bubbling up to the surface.
It felt like all the whole graveyard was coming to life and crawling up out of the ground.
Surrounded by a powerful impending dark earthy painful doom.
I felt all of the pain of all of the families and souls that mourned loss here.
It suddenly dawned on me that cemeteries are not happy places.
So needless to say I left as quickly and calmly as possible while repeatedly mumbling to myself "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" while dark spirits swarmed me and the dead rose from the ground.
Each barefoot step on the cold grass of the cemetery brought with it the feeling of walking in an endless ocean of decaying corpses and suffering.
When I finally reached the road at the top. I looked over the horizon of the mountains and BAM there it was.
The biggest full moon I can remember seeing reflecting and vibrating its energy right through and all around me.
Prior to the moon rise, everyone and everything in the world was very lighthearted, happy, and positive.
Passerbys would cheer me on. Smiles were everywhere. etc
Afterwards, not so much. People swerved and honked to scare me. Stuff was thrown at me.
I felt surrounded by chaos. Like I was going to die.

I can go much more in depth about this trip but that's the part that's relevant to your post.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

PREV12