We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Extraction (with NaOH and Petroleum Ether) Results Options

Complexity
#1 Posted : 8/14/2016 11:49:26 AM

Being & Becoming

So, that's the followed process (with 100g acacia confusa)

- 3 acid cooks;
- basification with NaOH (the solution turned greyish than black);
- 3 pulls (the first with 100ml petroleum ether, the second and third with approximately 50-70 ml)
- ether volume was reduced to approximately a third.
- left in the freezer for about a week;
- filtered ether.

Then a bit of what was left in the container was scraped

but since it seems too gooish it's now drying outside. It seems to change quite quickly

Is everything going well? Should something different be done or it's enough to wait until it's dried and then scrape it?

Thanks for the attention
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#2 Posted : 8/17/2016 4:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how thick do you estimate that clear-ish goo layer to be?
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

PH0Man
#3 Posted : 8/17/2016 7:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first pulls looked like yours. Here' a few tricks I've learned, and may want to try if you aren't already:

1) Heat the all the liquids as much as possible (but be careful)
2) Add lots of salt prior to and during your petroleum ether pulls.
3) Make sure that you leave the petroleum ether in contact with the Acacia brew for a good long while so that the DMT exchange can occur. Stir it occasionally, shake it very gently etc. Take your time here, it's the vital step.

If you're not seeing fallout in the freezer after 6 hours, you won't see much more after a week.
To test if your pulls are really good, place a small amount of one it a glass, and blow on it. If it turns milky white, there's lot of DMT in it!

Good luck to you!

sbc1
#4 Posted : 8/18/2016 8:29:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You need less heat with petroleum ether especially 40-60 as that's it's boiling point, it'll start to boil off and your layer will dissappear

Complexity
#5 Posted : 8/18/2016 10:55:14 AM

Being & Becoming

Quote:
how thick do you estimate that clear-ish goo layer to be?

Well, after the drying process I put again everything in the freezer, but upside down (hoping the petroleum ether was going to fall down leaving only the good stuff at the bottom).

When I took it outside the freezer the bottom was much more brown-yellow, and it was a bit thicker than the average honey. If poured on a surface it took something around, I guess, a minute to expand all over.

It looked like regular goo. I drop a little on some tobacco and put it in my vaporizer, then I did some tokes. At a certain point I felt my body heavy, my knees vibrating and while I was looking to my vaporizer I perceived its steel as liquid. It lasted about 1 hour. It was pleasant.

Probably I've been a little reckless, I still don't understand if the effects I felt where the effects of a very little dose of dmt (it was really little, and my smoking gear is also not optimal btw) or the nasty effects of the solvent.

Quote:
My first pulls looked like yours. Here' a few tricks I've learned, and may want to try if you aren't already:

1) Heat the all the liquids as much as possible (but be careful)
2) Add lots of salt prior to and during your petroleum ether pulls.
3) Make sure that you leave the petroleum ether in contact with the Acacia brew for a good long while so that the DMT exchange can occur. Stir it occasionally, shake it very gently etc. Take your time here, it's the vital step.

If you're not seeing fallout in the freezer after 6 hours, you won't see much more after a week.
To test if your pulls are really good, place a small amount of one it a glass, and blow on it. If it turns milky white, there's lot of DMT in it!

Good luck to you!

1) Good to know, I didn't heat the petroleum ether indeed;
2) I also didn't do this. What's the aim of salting? I've googled a bit but I've not found an answer actually.
3) This step was done correctly Pleased

Actually it already showed fallouts after 6 hours, but it was left much more due to logistics.
In the end I don't think too many errors where done. Surely your advices will help me improve my techniques, but at the very least I should have respected the basics well enough to get something.

Quote:
You need less heat with petroleum ether especially 40-60 as that's it's boiling point, it'll start to boil off and your layer will dissappear

There are many brands of petroleum ether, and some have a different boiling point. But now I don't remember what was the boiling point of mine, sorry.

That's how I reduced petroleum ether. It was inside a glass jar. I made a pot of boiling water. I powered off the stove, took the pot and the jar outside and then kept the open jar inside the warm water, until the volume got to a third.

By the way I also kept the ether I used for this extraction, poured it throug a coffee filter and placed it back in the freezer. In something like an hour, that's what happened:

see attached image, tinypic didn't work

The big solid liquefies when outside the freezer, while the little ones don't. What's this stuff? Is it spice?

I hope the photo is not too far away from the white stuff. I can't make a better photo in this moment, but if it's needed just ask Smile

Thanks everyone for all the answers so far Smile

Complexity attached the following image(s):
DSC_0174.jpg (2,048kb) downloaded 185 time(s).
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

PH0Man
#6 Posted : 8/18/2016 1:35:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That last picture is great, and yes that's spice! And quite a bit it seems. You seem to have some little crystals growing, and the large mass in the middle is a fix of plant fats and spice (mostly spice). Carefully pour of the solvent and let the white stuff dry, et voilà!

The idea behind salting has something to do with increasing the ionic charge of the non polar solvent (I'm very fuzy on what the idea is). But it makes a big difference for me Smile

Nice going!

Complexity
#7 Posted : 8/18/2016 3:32:28 PM

Being & Becoming

PH0Man wrote:
That last picture is great, and yes that's spice! And quite a bit it seems. You seem to have some little crystals growing, and the large mass in the middle is a fix of plant fats and spice (mostly spice). Carefully pour of the solvent and let the white stuff dry, et voilà!

The idea behind salting has something to do with increasing the ionic charge of the non polar solvent (I'm very fuzy on what the idea is). But it makes a big difference for me Smile

Nice going!

Your post made my day! Thanks Smile

PH0Man
#8 Posted : 8/18/2016 5:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Complexity wrote:
Your post made my day! Thanks Smile

Haha no problem Pleased

If you can, upload some pictures of the final product?

Complexity
#9 Posted : 8/19/2016 12:09:18 PM

Being & Becoming

I'm a bit busy the next few days, but next week I'll probably do it

EDIT (10th Sep 2016): sorry if I still haven't shared any image, but I have no access to the spice at the moment

Complexity
#10 Posted : 9/25/2016 10:58:16 AM

Being & Becoming

Ok, finally I've completed the process! Unfortunately I don't have any photo to show Sad

I ended up with just a little more than 0.1 g, could it be that the acacia lost the active compund since it stayed in a wardrobe for something like 1 year? I couldn't store it in a freezer...

Btw the effects of the product were amazing Big grin