We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Adding yopo into changa--a couple concerns Options

Godsmacker
#1 Posted : 9/18/2016 10:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am preparing to cook up a new batch of changa (1g of harmine, 2.something grams of MHRB extract & 3 grams of caapi leaf), and was wondering if the addition of the acetone-ic extract of yopo snuff would effect the experience. I currently have ~11 yopo seeds in my collection to spare (aside from the other 13 which are destined for the soil), and am interested to know what would happen if I ground them up, washed them with acetone, and then added said acetone into my changa evaporation jar and then proceeded to smoalk said changa once dried & cured.

I would like to know if anyone else out on the nexus has sampled such a blend, and if so, how did it alter the effects? Should I go about making the snuff in the traditional way (i.e. heating, grinding up the inner flesh, adding & evaporating some aqueous sodium carbonate over the seed meat, and then kneading into a ball) before washing with acetone, or would it be kosher if I just ground up the seeds and washed them with acetone at that point in space-time? Is sodium carbonate an acceptable substitute for Calcium Oxide, or would it be best if I just used lime whilst processing the seeds? My main concerns revolve around how to process the seed before pulling the alkaloids with acetone, how the presence of yopo alkaloids would alter the effects of a changa blend consisting of 3g caapi leaf, 2.something grams of DMT & 1g of harmine, as well as how much (mass and/or number of seeds) I should add to said blend in order to get optimal effects from the yopo-inated changa. I appreciate your help and assistance concerning these inquiries of mine.

Selah,
-God
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 9/18/2016 10:53:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A major concern of mine is the amount of yopo seed mass in the changa blend; without the seeds involved, I would theoretically have 6.something grams of the good-good to play with and would want to know how much yopo extract I should add in order to achieve optimal effects without overshooting or undershooting that sweet spot.
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said

Ulim
#3 Posted : 9/18/2016 10:58:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Godsmacker wrote:
I am preparing to cook up a new batch of changa (1g of harmine, 2.something grams of MHRB extract & 3 grams of caapi leaf), and was wondering if the addition of the acetone-ic extract of yopo snuff would effect the experience. I currently have ~11 yopo seeds in my collection to spare (aside from the other 13 which are destined for the soil), and am interested to know what would happen if I ground them up, washed them with acetone, and then added said acetone into my changa evaporation jar and then proceeded to smoalk said changa once dried & cured.

I would like to know if anyone else out on the nexus has sampled such a blend, and if so, how did it alter the effects? Should I go about making the snuff in the traditional way (i.e. heating, grinding up the inner flesh, adding & evaporating some aqueous sodium carbonate over the seed meat, and then kneading into a ball) before washing with acetone, or would it be kosher if I just ground up the seeds and washed them with acetone at that point in space-time? Is sodium carbonate an acceptable substitute for Calcium Oxide, or would it be best if I just used lime whilst processing the seeds? My main concerns revolve around how to process the seed before pulling the alkaloids with acetone, how the presence of yopo alkaloids would alter the effects of a changa blend consisting of 3g caapi leaf, 2.something grams of DMT & 1g of harmine, as well as how much (mass and/or number of seeds) I should add to said blend in order to get optimal effects from the yopo-inated changa. I appreciate your help and assistance concerning these inquiries of mine.

Selah,
-God

Yopo effects are quite strong on the body. Sweating, high heart rate, tremors.

Best way woud just be to prepare the snuff with CaOH. Which can be easily made by burning crushed sea shells or other sources of limestone over 900°C.
Then add water to the CaO to make CaOH. Or just use NaOH or KOH. NaHCO3 or NaCO3 do not work as well. Bufotenine needs more basic conditions.

Then prepeare the snuff and add it to your changa. Make sure the snuff is dry before you try to take it.

You could also just use the seeds as is or crushed. Make sure to roast them in their shell to drive the water out of them.

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/19/2016 12:01:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Smoking whole snuff powder was never a pleasant experience for myself. I resorted to extracting prepared snuffs with 99% iso, which was then evaporated to yield a dark brown or black goo. I was adding that goo to leaf mixtures, both with and without DMT.

Bufotenine on it's own can produce full blown visionary experiences that are comparable to DMT. The psychological aspect of the trip however, is much less interesting than that of DMT. Mixing the two is more interesting, but I would experiment with bufotenine on it's own first if you have not already done so.

It's not hard to precipitate bufotenine fumarates from iso or acetone, and then convert to freebase. This was my preference.

Make sure you are smoking freebase bufotenine. The somatic effect of smoking bufotenine salts is heavier, and the freebase already produces some alarming side effects at visionary doses.
Long live the unwoke.

Godsmacker
#5 Posted : 9/19/2016 3:48:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm

Welp, I was planning on adding a rather small-ish amount to my blend (1-7% of total mass), and was wondering if anyone had a suggested # or mass to extract from.

Would it be better to use acetone to pull from whole powdered/shredded seed, or from the yopo (freebase) snuff? Since I would be using an acetone extract of yopo to evap over changa blend, I would like to know more about how unbasified yopo shreddings/powder differs from basified yopo when smoalked. Considering that I would be adding it to changa, it would most likely have to be in the form of a freebase as amine salts aren't as vape-friendly as their freebased friends. Ideally I would like to have just a hint of bufo in the changa blend; not enough to steal the show, but just enough to season the experience with its spirit. At one or another point in spacetime, I plan to explore insufflated & vaped versions of just yopo (nothing else), but the nearest encounter would likely be many many years off as I tend to not like the more painful psychedelics, nor do I like to be in a state of intense irritation and/or pain during a psychedelic experience. The addition of the freebased acetone extract of these seeds would be a means of getting my feet moist before I slip into that sea. Considering the unfriendly-seeming effects Yopo tends to induce, I would want to keep the presence at a whisper, not screaming like a banshee sent straight into entorhinal hell.