We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
'soft ionization' Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 9/16/2016 6:15:18 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Big grin

the multipole voltages were low enough to transport intact, unfragmented molecules of tryptamine hcl standard.

benzyme attached the following image(s):
IMG_3039.JPG (1,148kb) downloaded 104 time(s).
IMG_3037.JPG (2,221kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
IMG_3044.JPG (2,345kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mindlusion
#2 Posted : 9/18/2016 8:02:59 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Cool Cool Cool

Is this spectra (peak 196.7 for example) properly calibrated? Still getting any of that mysterious MIPT signal? What was the mobile phase used for this sample?

Is the X-axis m/z? I am not familiar with those units, I am trying to compare with spectra found in online database
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 9/18/2016 8:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uhmmmm.... Why are you still running on Windows XP, n00b?
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

benzyme
#4 Posted : 9/18/2016 9:04:39 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Mindlusion wrote:
Cool Cool Cool

Is this spectra (peak 196.7 for example) properly calibrated? Still getting any of that mysterious MIPT signal? What was the mobile phase used for this sample?

Is the X-axis m/z? I am not familiar with those units, I am trying to compare with spectra found in online database

yes, and none of the other signal. the mobile phase was 50:50 MeOH:H2O.
*edit* I found out what that signal really was: M + Na. tryptamine hcl with sodium adduct (common anomaly in LCMS).

m/z is mass/charge. in this case, the charge was +1. the compound is tryptamine hcl.

Godsmacker wrote:
Uhmmmm.... Why are you still running on Windows XP, n00b?

uhhhmmm, it's Windows 2000 Pro...and you're calling me a n00b..

the instrument is a 2001 model, MSRP $260,000 at the time. it'll still detect/identify nanograms of material. I'm not using the comp to play Starcraft, ffs.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck