We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia id Options

Sillycybe43
#1 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:00:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone! This is growing out the front of my house and was wondering what it is?! I'm located in south east Australia and its presently winter here. Thankyou very much in advance.

Choose not of the eyes that lead, but of the eye that guides.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:11:47 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I'm no expert in Acacia identification but I don't see a picture at all. Just thought I'd let you know seeing as it is hard to identify an invisible tree!

Very happy

Thumbs up

(to attach a pic, you can write your post, check the "attach files to post?" box, and that will take you to the upload screen. Or you can upload your pic to some other site and copy the image url between (img)url(/img). I used parenthesis to demonstrate but you'll have to use brackets [ ] for it to work ...) Hope this helps!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Sillycybe43
#3 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:22:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Photos are really helpful too. Also tried to post this in the acacia id thread but started a new topic too :/ seems i need to brush up on my computing skills...

post images

Sillycybe43
#4 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
I'm no expert in Acacia identification but I don't see a picture at all. Just thought I'd let you know seeing as it is hard to identify an invisible tree!

Very happy

Thumbs up

(to attach a pic, you can write your post, check the "attach files to post?" box, and that will take you to the upload screen. Or you can upload your pic to some other site and copy the image url between (img)url(/img). I used parenthesis to demonstrate but you'll have to use brackets [ ] for it to work ...) Hope this helps!

Thankyou for that. I soon realised what I'd done soon after posting up.. Also had to obtain a url from the pictures as I can't upload .jpeg files. Thanks again, I'll get the hang of this computer business one of these days! W

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:40:40 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Sillycybe43 wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

Very happy

Thumbs up

Thankyou for that. I soon realised what I'd done soon after posting up.. Also had to obtain a url from the pictures as I can't upload .jpeg files. Thanks again, I'll get the hang of this computer business one of these days! W

No problem friend, just trying to lend a helping hand! Now that your pictures are up, I'm sure one of the experts in this field will be able to chime in. I wish I could be of more help but, as I mentioned, I'm no Acacia expert unfortunately...

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Sillycybe43
#6 Posted : 7/7/2016 1:54:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much appreciated. Your wonderful example of a human being Smile hope to keep seeing you around as I'll be using this forum a lot more now on.

Peace.

acacian
#7 Posted : 7/9/2016 11:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sillycybe43 .. your tree is acacia floribunda.. dmt present in reasonable yields, a nice smoke.. a bit slower than some of the purer extracts from other acacias.. definitely has its own character. a lot of people find the ones growing in urban areas to be inactive.. may be a soil thing. phyllodes are perfectly active .. I would use a solvent other than shellite for floribunda.. i always get wierd beads of moisture in the extract when i use shellite with it. toluene, xylene, limonene or dcm would be preferable

Sillycybe43
#8 Posted : 7/10/2016 3:08:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers man! Much appreciated. Very interested in learning about acacias so it's awesome to be a part of such a knowledgeable community. Thanks again man!!

Sillycybe43
#9 Posted : 7/10/2016 8:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
sillycybe43 .. your tree is acacia floribunda.. dmt present in reasonable yields, a nice smoke.. a bit slower than some of the purer extracts from other acacias.. definitely has its own character. a lot of people find the ones growing in urban areas to be inactive.. may be a soil thing. phyllodes are perfectly active .. I would use a solvent other than shellite for floribunda.. i always get wierd beads of moisture in the extract when i use shellite with it. toluene, xylene, limonene or dcm would be preferable

How about this one?? Can't find a match for it, closest one I can find is acacia longissima because it has long leaves and the flowers look similar but I don't think it grows south of NSW. Looks interesting though.

uploading images

acacian
#10 Posted : 9/4/2016 1:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i know that it is either acacia saligna or acacia retinodes.. i have trouble distinguishing the two. i should really study the differences a bit.. I think saligna may have more acute tips to the phyllodes whilst retinodes a little more obtuse? acacia saligna in flower is a sight to behold

Sillycybe43
#11 Posted : 9/7/2016 11:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely magnificent! I do believe that's what I have found, they are just coming into flower now and are a perfect embodiment of beauty. Would love to have these growing at my place. Still, awfully lucky to have a beautiful floribunda out the the front Big grin thank you again acacian.

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 9/7/2016 3:04:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sillycybe43 wrote:
Absolutely magnificent! I do believe that's what I have found, they are just coming into flower now and are a perfect embodiment of beauty. Would love to have these growing at my place. Still, awfully lucky to have a beautiful floribunda out the the front Big grin thank you again acacian.

Some of the most interesting acacia species grow in Australia... Acacia phlebophylla in particular was one I was interested in...you're very licky

There's a chapter in TIHKAL where shulgin writes about his book being banned in Australia, I honestly hope that this is not the case, regardless, the book TIHKAL by Alexander shulgin May be very useful to you, the thing is, only the chemistry sections are available for free online, to read the sections I'm referring to, like the "DMT is everywhere" chapter you must purchase the book.

-eg

acacian
#13 Posted : 9/7/2016 10:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure whether that is the case as I haven't bought the book but I am sure it is legal to buy online - probably not stocked in your average bookstore though.

i'm sure it is a very useful book, but I have no doubt that nen's "trying to improve acacia info" thread is now probably the most useful and up-to-date resource as far as acacia's and alkaloids are concerned. its the largest database of anecdotal reports on acacia research I'm aware of - and it is also full of good information regarding ethics, other uses of acacia, spiritual/cultural traditions etc etc .. we are very blessed at the nexus to have such a good info resource at our fingertips..and it is ever expanding, free for all to contribute.. not confined by any number of pages as is the case with books...thankyou nen (and all other contributers)for such a great resource Love

yeah we have lots of beautiful acacia's over here.. its spring here now and the place is just lit up with little golden balls... they have a unique scent that pervades the air.. most people I know over here associate it with a feeling of nostalgia. also interesting is the transient nature of their fragrance... one moment you'll smell it woft through the air.. the next moment its gone.. left pondering .. the elusive acacia Cool

Sillycybe43
#14 Posted : 9/10/2016 1:51:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed eg, I love the colour of Phlebophylla. Those red tips are so beautiful to see, although I am yet to see one in their natural habitat they are a splendid looking plant. I think I'm in love with Acacia Simplex, even though I've never even seen one in person, it's just those spiralling rounded leaves and I just get such a gentle natured feeling from it. Will be one to grow after my Mimosa's and Acuminata's are past seedling stage. Yea I would like to track down a copy of TIHKAL, I've came across some bits and pieces quoted from it during my research and seems to be revered as a bible for our Tryptamine friends. Would be an awesome read and thank you for that information, will be sure to find the chemistry section this afternoon and have a good read through it. Much appreciated.

And I agree acacian, I've read through the whole lot of nen's thread and am yet to find a better resource for acacia info. He's a true pioneer of this field of work that's for sure. And I also know exactly what you mean, just on my road which is only about 5 K's long there's at least 6 different types of Acacias and there's plenty of those up the road, there's a plantation of around 12 floribunda's and I occasionally pull over and have a chat to them whilst bathing in there presence and aroma, there's one there that almost has maroon/ burgundy flowers it's such a unique tree it's amazing, will be collecting plenty of seeds from that one after flowering. I'll have to take a photo after this weather passes. A very beautiful specimen.

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 9/15/2016 2:40:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
I am not sure whether that is the case as I haven't bought the book but I am sure it is legal to buy online - probably not stocked in your average bookstore though.

i'm sure it is a very useful book, but I have no doubt that nen's "trying to improve acacia info" thread is now probably the most useful and up-to-date resource as far as acacia's and alkaloids are concerned. its the largest database of anecdotal reports on acacia research I'm aware of - and it is also full of good information regarding ethics, other uses of acacia, spiritual/cultural traditions etc etc .. we are very blessed at the nexus to have such a good info resource at our fingertips..and it is ever expanding, free for all to contribute.. not confined by any number of pages as is the case with books...thankyou nen (and all other contributers)for such a great resource Love

yeah we have lots of beautiful acacia's over here.. its spring here now and the place is just lit up with little golden balls... they have a unique scent that pervades the air.. most people I know over here associate it with a feeling of nostalgia. also interesting is the transient nature of their fragrance... one moment you'll smell it woft through the air.. the next moment its gone.. left pondering .. the elusive acacia Cool

Oh, by no means was I trying to imply that the resources here are not fully sufficient.

However TIHKAL is a must have, in my opinion, for any person interested in tryptamine compounds and/or botanical sources of these tryptamines.

TIHKAL goes beyond acacia species as well, and shulgin is an accredited organic chemist and renowned expert on psychedelic compounds (he was responsible for inventing many of them)

In the "DMT is everywhere" chapter shulgin talks about his time in Australia perusing acacia trees...and also outlines other sources of DMT. In the chapter "who is this John jones" shulgin outlines his reasons for being in Australia. He was the guest of the attorney for a defendant in the crown court case involving some allegedly improper activity with 2C-B, a compound which shulgin was the first to synthesize, explore and publish on...

Regardless, I feel TIHKAL/PIHKAL are essentials, and I highly recommend them.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 9/15/2016 2:49:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sillycybe43 wrote:
Indeed eg, I love the colour of Phlebophylla. Those red tips are so beautiful to see, although I am yet to see one in their natural habitat they are a splendid looking plant. I think I'm in love with Acacia Simplex, even though I've never even seen one in person, it's just those spiralling rounded leaves and I just get such a gentle natured feeling from it. Will be one to grow after my Mimosa's and Acuminata's are past seedling stage. Yea I would like to track down a copy of TIHKAL, I've came across some bits and pieces quoted from it during my research and seems to be revered as a bible for our Tryptamine friends. Would be an awesome read and thank you for that information, will be sure to find the chemistry section this afternoon and have a good read through it. Much appreciated.

I feel TIHKAL/PIHKAL are essentials for any person interested in psychedelic compounds.

The chemistry section is great, as a chemistry student it was my initial interest in PIHKAL\TIHKAL, however, there is a good deal of crucial information laced through the biography section as well.

https://erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/
Here's the chemistry section

-eg