We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it folk magick? Options

Pontos
#1 Posted : 9/13/2016 1:01:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I haven't been on here in ages, and to honest, I was a little surprised I was able to remember my login ;-)

Anyway... So I started a new job about two weeks ago and when I got my desk I scrubbed it from top to bottom, moved everything and thoroughly sanitized it. Anyway, the other day, I move my keyboard - lo and behold, underneath it there is a neat little pile of clipped women's hair (I assume, the texture was very fine and it smelled of floral conditioner).

Now, I haven't studied, nor am I a practitioner of magick, but it used to be an interest of mine. That is, I read a couple books probably fifteen years ago, and I remember fingernail clippings, hair, skin, and various other bodily fluids playing a role in certain folk magick rituals, especially of the love variety, but to be honest I don't remember a lot of the details. Can anyone shed a little light on what this might have been? It was just so curious that I simply have to know!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/13/2016 7:33:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the woman who has used your desk before trimmed her hair at work and was too lazy to get up and throw her hair in the bin.

strtman
#3 Posted : 9/13/2016 11:21:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say ‘don’t try to make sense of it all’. It occurs to me as voodoo or superstition.

But what I do appreciate is that you appear on the Forum after all these years.

I have read many posts from people that vanished from the Forum after a few years writing and being active. Some of their posts really impressed me and I always wonder what made them decide to stay away.

Good you are back Smile .

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

BecometheOther
#4 Posted : 9/15/2016 12:22:47 AM

metamorhpasizer

If someone were trying to curse you they would take your hair not leave someone else's hair in your space. The only other thing I can think of is it could be a love spell of some kind. Do you have a newfound attraction for any coworkers?

Then of course it could just be unintentionally left.

Cheers!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever