We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
acetone extraction of caapi leaf Options

Dorge
#1 Posted : 8/25/2009 3:53:37 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

SWIM is curious of the pros and cons of just a simple acetone extraction of caapi leaves. SWIMS preffered method is ethanol but acetone is much less exspensive and easily available. So SWIM is curious, any thoughts?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Dorge
#2 Posted : 8/25/2009 5:11:30 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

any one?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

69ron
#3 Posted : 8/25/2009 8:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think it's good to use acetone. SWIM once dissolved some harmine and harmaline in acetone and dried it and they turned red, so it seems to cause some sort of reaction with the alkaloids. A typical rue style extraction using salt and water is probably your best bet.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#4 Posted : 8/25/2009 3:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Did you test them 69ron?..I did that tek with the salt, but I like to mix my maoi's with spice and dissolve onto a smoking mix..I usually use 99%iso, but mine goes reddish as well. Still seems active though..maybe I am losing activity though..what solvents would you recomend that I use to ensure they wont turn into those red crytals?
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#5 Posted : 8/25/2009 9:07:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM never tried the red crystals. He looked at them under a microscope and was seriously grossed out by their appearance.

SWIM found IPA and acetone both cause red crystals to form. I don’t know what this stuff is. SWIM only used the standard tech which relies on water and salt to get decent result. SWIM has not done this kind of extraction in a long time though. It’s very time consuming and SWIM just doesn’t have the time to devote to it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dorge
#6 Posted : 8/26/2009 2:16:11 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

sorry i dont think i was clear... the goal is not to extract the alkaliods from the leaves so much as bring them into the solvent for evaping into more leaf for further concentration.

69ron
#7 Posted : 8/26/2009 4:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Either way, acetone seems to permanently alter the alkaloids when they are evaporated in it.

Dorge
#8 Posted : 8/26/2009 4:42:42 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

any idea of whats happening there?
any qualitative differences?

69ron
#9 Posted : 8/26/2009 8:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think they are oxidizing. SWIM never tried the red stuff. Under a microscope it looks gross and SWIM just can't stomach the idea of ingesting it. Take a look:

69ron attached the following image(s):
Batch-2-Dry-Hcl-16-400x400.jpg (264kb) downloaded 101 time(s).

Garulfo
#10 Posted : 8/26/2009 11:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice ! At least it looks vaguely crystaline.
Looks much better than bufotenine extract anyway Rolling eyes.
SWIM would probably dare to test few mg of something like this under the tongue. Sublingual form is very interresting because you can quickly spit if something goes wrong.

Dorge
#11 Posted : 8/27/2009 4:47:54 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

well from that angel no one looks flattering...
lol
very interesting... thanks for the pic thats great.