We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Amazed with this tek! Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B Options

cannabacchus
#1 Posted : 8/28/2016 8:37:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Check it out on the nexus-wiki: Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B

After seeing a post last night about the success with this TEK, man decided to give it a shot. since working with lye has been a setup, suit-up, clean-up hassle. Man Found it really easy to work with Lime with great results. spent a relaxed 3hrs on this project.

100g ACRB powdered
mixed with 100ml 5% vinegar
120ml almost boiling water slowly added
stirred often, waited 30min to base
Based with 75g of 100% (calcium hydroxide)Lime (mr wages pickling lime)
---- lime is safe, but inhaling the air born particals from the bag is not good!------
mixed well, and often for 45min
Non-polar pull with cool naptha (ronsonol lighter fluid) into collection plate. with ample ventilation.

-----since ronsonol has a little more fire than clean-strip, cool is fine.---------

Froze for 8hours
drained naptha from collection plate for re-use.
NN-DMT is now drying.

This Is A Really Casual, BEGINNER FRIENDLY TEK with impressive results.

although safety equipment is always a good plan, this is a food-safe TEK. Most of this can be done from the couch (other than naptha steps, of coarse)

Thanks for checking it out Family.

BE WELL,
-Cannabacchus

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 8/29/2016 2:06:47 AM

Don't Panic

What was the yield?

I've had similar looking yields, but unfortunately it melted at room temp.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Cannabaccus
#3 Posted : 8/29/2016 4:19:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
What was the yield?

About 0.6 for that first pull. I expect to get a bit more out tonight.

melting at room temp you say? did you find out why? maybe from water, humidity perhaps? I have not had that issue.

Psilosopher?
#4 Posted : 8/29/2016 5:29:32 AM

Don't Panic

0.6 is a little low, but there might be more in subsequent pulls. I typically use warm solvent. In fact I do warm everything.

Does your precipitate smell like DMT? The reason I ask is because the melted precipitate I had was unlikely to be DMT. The smell was suspicious, but not distinctively DMT.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Cannabaccus
#5 Posted : 8/29/2016 5:09:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
0.6 is a little low, but there might be more in subsequent pulls. I typically use warm solvent. In fact I do warm everything.

Does your precipitate smell like DMT? The reason I ask is because the melted precipitate I had was unlikely to be DMT. The smell was suspicious, but not distinctively DMT.

I'll add pictures when I get home.

Mine is good ol' tested DMT. thank you for the concern.

1. .6 is fine for the 1st pull immediate after base. READ THE WIKI on this tek.
2. man, sorry your stuff melts. if you dont mind, dont bring your pics of (NOT THIS TEK) yellow on my thread.
3. I used ronsonol if you are familiar. VERY FLAMMABLE petroleum distillate you do not need to heat this.
4. did you even read the post? go Hijack someone els's thread. or please keep post Relative.

WookieStardust
#6 Posted : 8/29/2016 5:15:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
What was the yield?

Excess naphtha? I've found that if my freeze precips don't dry while they're still cool, they'll dissolve back into excess naphtha really easily. My only solution to this is to (quickly, after pouring off naphtha) put my dish upside down on a paper towel in the freezer for a couple of hours, then move to the fridge for an hour or so, then I finally ditch the paper towel and chuck my jar in front of a fan.

Also nice work to the op. I'm a day or two away from doing the exact same tek. It's my 3rd attempt, the first two failed due to cracking jars and melting crystals. Seeing your success fills me with good vibes Very happy

Cannabaccus
#7 Posted : 8/29/2016 5:34:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Big grin I make sure that freezer is (COLD) for nice quick xtal precip!!!

Good luck to you in a couple days!
sounds like you got it figured out though.

Cannabaccus
#8 Posted : 8/29/2016 5:58:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher?
#9 Posted : 8/30/2016 2:29:29 AM

Don't Panic

Cannabaccus wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:

2. man, sorry your stuff melts. if you dont mind, dont bring your pics of (NOT THIS TEK) yellow on my thread.
3. I used ronsonol if you are familiar. VERY FLAMMABLE petroleum distillate you do not need to heat this.
4. did you even read the post? go Hijack someone els's thread. or please keep post Relative.

You won't get far in life with such a hostile attitude. No one owns a thread. I just wanted to compare yields.

You can still warm a solvent without applying direct heat. No open flames.

Cannabaccus
#10 Posted : 8/30/2016 2:38:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
Cannabaccus wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:

You won't get far in life with such a hostile attitude. No one owns a thread. I just wanted to compare yields.

No sir, you wanted to pessimistically critique my work with a juvenile response and attitude.
You had no plan or direction with your question. Or i would gladly welcome a hypothesis or researched conclusion with the topic in question.

Stating a memorized step, as a standard, or in your case advise? after I explained the opposite in the original post is a bit counter-productive in this great place of knowledge.

And again with the solvent comment
Shocked heating (A SOLVENT) is not in questionShocked ........

I HAVE NOTICED NO IMPROVEMENTS by heating "RONSONOL" in comparison to Hardware store naptha like "VM&P Naptha" where it needs to be warm for improved pulls.

The only thing that significantly happens by heating "ronsonol" is your lighter fluid evaporates extremely fast.

Be well,
-Cannabacchus

Cannabaccus
#11 Posted : 8/30/2016 3:07:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for removing unrelated TEK image Cool

null24
#12 Posted : 8/30/2016 7:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Cannabaccus wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:
Cannabaccus wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:

No sir, you wanted to pessimistically critique my work with a juvenile response and attitude.
You had no plan or direction with your question. Or i would gladly welcome a hypothesis or researched conclusion with the topic in question.

Stating a memorized step, as a standard, or in your case advise? after I explained the opposite in the original post is a bit counter-productive in this great place of knowledge.

And again with the solvent comment
Shocked heating (A SOLVENT) is not in questionShocked ........

I HAVE NOTICED NO IMPROVEMENTS by heating "RONSONOL" in comparison to Hardware store naptha like "VM&P Naptha" where it needs to be warm for improved pulls.

The only thing that significantly happens by heating "ronsonol" is your lighter fluid evaporates extremely fast.

Be well,
-Cannabacchus

If you're just showing off your prowess in the kitchen, post to one of the existing threads for that purpose, otherwise, you have invited the community to engage in discourse.

You may have adopted such a antagonistic attitude because it serves you well in whatever it is you do in life, but it won't here. You need to chill with the attitude.

See, nothing about your pics, the tek, or your results. Whatever, it's standard.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cannabaccus
#13 Posted : 8/30/2016 10:01:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Confused what value that comment has. thanks for self involved advice that ended extremely contradictory to your statement about my attitude. no one is getting hurt here, compassionate soul... I am admittedly honest and direct. not derogatory. Nothing in the rules about that.

This post is to encourage NEW to nexans give simple extraction a try. You may not realize how many people are browsing that may have no experience.

This tek is simple, safe, minimalistic, and extremely forgivable. Just bringing it to light.

BE GOOD FAMILY,

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 8/30/2016 10:25:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

cannabacchus wrote:
although safety equipment is always a good plan, this is a food-safe TEK. Most of this can be done from the couch (other than naptha steps, of coarse)

Can you explain the rationale behind implying that safety equipment may not be necessary because this is a "food-safe TEK"? Or the merit to encouraging people to extract on their couches (other than the naphtha step, of course)?

Food safe doesn't mean it's objectively "safe" or safe to eat. Lye can be food safe, such as the lye that's used to make pretzels. Food safe just means that the chemicals in question can come in contact with the food you eat and you will be safe. Food safe lye can burn you just as bad as "regular" lye.

CaOH can also burn you, and burn you pretty badly. The suggestion of doing an extraction while sitting on your couch is a pretty bad one, and there are actually a couple of old threads here that demonstrate why doing living room or couch extractions is probably not wise.

Your mannerisms come across as quite hostile to me as well. That's just an observation, but one that has become more apparent in reading through the posts in this thread. Consider us (the community members) as mirrors...you don't have to believe what we are telling you, but from our perspective, we're just reflecting you back to you, whether or not you choose to see it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Cannabaccus
#15 Posted : 8/31/2016 7:00:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Big grin young minds... you bored? man you looking for an argument as well? you are Self involved, and also extremely hostile and antagonistic. I like that you feel it necessary to defend your fellow nexan. just leave it alone dude.

Jees
#16 Posted : 8/31/2016 9:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabaccus wrote:
Big grin young minds... you bored? man you looking for an argument as well? you are Self involved, and also extremely hostile and antagonistic. I like that you feel it necessary to defend your fellow nexan. just leave it alone dude.
Translation:
Yeah I was so wrong thank you very much for correcting me. Next time I'll tune down a notch before spreading nonsense like that, I hope you fine people forgive me spoiling the Nexus atmosphere for a sec, things will better I promise, thanks again Thumbs up

Laughing

Cannabaccus
#17 Posted : 8/31/2016 11:04:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the other side kid Twisted Evil

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 8/31/2016 11:12:27 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Cannabaccus wrote:
Welcome to the other side kid Twisted Evil

If you don't choose to communicate in a more mature manner, I don't think you belong here. Consider this a chance to reconsider how you interact with this community and rectify it.

Thanks Thumbs up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

#19 Posted : 9/1/2016 2:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am going to have to agree with SnozzleBerry, null24 & Bodhisativa about the attitude displayed by Cannabaccus.

Cannabaccus has opened a thread which has displayed results and enthusiasm towards a particular tek. I would say it is reasonable for another user to engage by comparing their own results.

Quote:

1. Bodhisativa was obviously comparing his own findings with the posted result. The more data we have on yields, the more accurate we can present an average yeild.
2. Bodhisativa posted a picture of his result of what Cannabaccus assumes is not this tek, but for all intensive purposes there is nothing to indicate it is not. What I find unreasonable, is demanding to take down a picture. Original poster does not own this thread, once it is posted it becomes public domain.
3. The claim by Cannabaccus that Ronsonol does not need to be heated vs other solvents is reasonable, how ever it becomes nonconstructive by shutting down conversation around this topic and dictating 'facts'.
4. Simply condescending.

The response put forward by Cannabaccus to this is very condescending to say the least, which leads me think they didn't really want any feedback unless it was praise.

Cannabaccus
#20 Posted : 9/11/2016 9:07:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My apologies to all for the condescending attitude. It was indeed very defensive and aggtressive sounding. I was rude about the whole thing, and should of welcomed all input and questions with-out quick defensive responses.

12NEXT