We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
new traveller Options

DomSpirit
#1 Posted : 8/20/2016 11:27:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, long time reader, first time posterBig grin
Im pretty new to the world of dmt, a good friend of mine recently shared his experience with me and sparked my interest in this remarkable compound. This has since snowballed into months of research(mostly from this great forum ) and a fascination with this profound entheogen . Im lucky enough to live in a great part of this world surrounded by acacias and happen to be a keen gardener too, which had led me to identify a few acacias in my area that have a good amount of dmt. Now been a gardener it pains me to destroy a beautiful healthy tree, so sustainability has been paramount in my quest. I was lucky enough to find a medium sized obtusifolia, that had been cut down by a neighbour in amongst a pile of trees he had removed from his property. He seemed quite confused as to why i only wanted the one tree amongst the 10 or so lol but was kind enough to let me take it. Now Im no chemist lol but have gained a fair understanding of a few teks as well as trying to understand the chemical process that is taking place. So in the coming weeks id like to further my knowledge aswell as contributing to this forum that has already given me so much. Thanks for having me guys and i look foward to hearing from some of the best minds in the business.

Peace and love.
Dom

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 8/20/2016 1:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome DomSpirit

Glad to have you join the nexus. Sounds like DMT was all around you and you didn't even know it, niceThumbs up . Sustainability is definitely a good thing to practice.

Enjoy being a part of the community friend.

Peace
SO2

DomSpirit
#3 Posted : 8/20/2016 1:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks SO2, its a pleasure been here after lurking for so long.

Haha under my very nose mate. Thanks again for the warm welcomeSmile

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 8/20/2016 4:40:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good news for sustainability is:

The phyllodes of Acacia phlebophylla contain DMT, so it would not be necessary to remove roots or to harm the plant to obtain a useable part of it.

Acacia obtusifolia is said to contain 0.45% dimethyltryptamine in the bark and 0.3% in the dried young leaves, so it's possible to harvest leaf or possibly bark without harming the plant...

You are quite lucky to live in an area where's these plants are prominent. I have heard some amazing things about Acacia phlebophylla, https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=1769 the report in this link was reproduced in shorter firm in TIHKAL...every anecdote regarding his species involves something near a peak experience.

Your very luck to receive the cutdown tree, which can be used for extraction or brewed into a tea and taken with an MAOI, honor it's life by learning and experiencing all that you can.

I wish you the best of luck, it seems the gods have placed this plant in your possesion, and I can only imagine that you will have quite an adventure in your future.

-eg

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 8/27/2016 3:16:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome 2 the nexus DomSpirit! Hope you find what you're looking for.

DomSpirit
#6 Posted : 8/27/2016 4:08:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats awesome to hear eg! Although i don't think ill need any more plant material for some time, as i have more than enough for my needs. But is good to know a tree doesn't need to be killed in order to obtain dmt. Loved the link in the story too mate! Got me thinking a brew may a very good alternative to the extraction. Thanks for your wise words eg, it really does seem like this beautiful acacia has been gifted to me, i consider myself extremely privileged and wil l continue learn and experience all there is to know about it.

Thank you Running Bear, ive found it and so much more.

Peace and love all.

Ulim
#7 Posted : 8/27/2016 12:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DomSpirit wrote:
Thats awesome to hear eg! Although i don't think ill need any more plant material for some time, as i have more than enough for my needs. But is good to know a tree doesn't need to be killed in order to obtain dmt. Loved the link in the story too mate! Got me thinking a brew may a very good alternative to the extraction. Thanks for your wise words eg, it really does seem like this beautiful acacia has been gifted to me, i consider myself extremely privileged and wil l continue learn and experience all there is to know about it.

Thank you Running Bear, ive found it and so much more.

Peace and love all.

If you really want to be sustainable you could look into getting a Psychotria Viridis.
You just need to use the leaves on this one. And any plant that is treated well can spare some leaves. Thumbs up

DomSpirit
#8 Posted : 8/29/2016 4:00:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Ulim, will look into it.

For future extractions i will most definitly be using leaves and twigs. For now im trying to get my head around the extraction process lol alot of information regarding confusa teks for the beginner but when it comes to obtusifolia, lextek seems like the best option. Although thick lights tek does seem easier, the defatting process seems a bit inadequate for an obtusifolia that contains a fair amount of fats and oils. Any suggestions for a newbie guys? Go easy on meEmbarrased Razz