We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long term "mild psychonaut", 2nd time with DMT Options

143Man
#1 Posted : 8/20/2016 10:19:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on the DMT Nexus but I've been reading it for quite some time over many years. I never had the opportunity to try DMT in my younger years (teens and early 20's) but was always interested in it. I believe that psychedelics have a spiritual component/connection with them, but they are not my sacrament or anything. I do believe they give one a window into the spirit world, even if some things, like pretty shapes and colors, might be manufactured by the mind. Because of this view, and how it fits with my religious upbringing and current beliefs, I definitely make sure to pray and mentally prepare myself before each entheogenic journey I take.

My first experience with DMT was through ayahuasca made from Syrian Rue and MHRB. I used 3.5g of Syrian Rue in tea and 7g of MHRB. The experience took a little while to come on but quickly escalated from "is this it?" to "OH MY GOODNESS I'm glad I didn't take a larger dose!" It was both figuratively and literally a heaven and hell experience, with a little bit of alienness thrown in at certain points. Despite mentally preparing as much as possible, I was somewhat taken back and unprepared to actually handle what came on.

Prior to trying DMT I had tried Marijuana, Hash, Synthetic Cannabinoids, LSA, and even got "LSH" to work for me one time (it was quite stimulating and nothing like LSA). In addition I did so much DXM I permanently burnt myself out from it where it won't work anymore even after many months or over a year of abstinence from it. I tried mushrooms twice but one time was too low and did nothing, the other was mild, like a 2 out of 5 intensity wise. I've tried a variety of stimulants, depressants and opiates, plus alcohol and tobacco of course during my college years, but never stuck with any of them due to fear of addiction. The closest thing to DMT I ever tried before Ayahuasca was snorted YOPO seeds that had been freebased, and this had a strong body buzz with some cool spinning geometric "lego" like fractals. I'd give that a 2.5 out of 5 over all.

My second time with DMT was earlier today (first time was last weekend). Today I tried a recipe I'd seen around the internet with very little discussion (and a lot of skepticism of), which was creating DMT in-vivo from the combination of an MAO-A inhibitor, MAO-B inhibitor, 5-htp, l-tryptophan, and trimethylglycine. Despite many people's skepticism, it worked! It was not as strong as I hoped, and I vomited about 10 minutes after my first dose of l-tryptophan and it looks like I lost half of it. Redosed more tryptophan 30 mins later, which wasn't thrown up but only boosted the strength of the effects a little bit, more so extended the duration. I took what I thought would be a medium dose, but because of vomiting early (about the same time that I vomited from ayahuasca with the MHRB tea), I only absorbed a "light" amount. The body buzz felt JUST LIKE ayahuasca but with a little less drowsiness and a little more stimulation. I had both mild OEV's and CVE's, and at one point saw an eagle, who's left eye became my 3rd eye, and then I saw through the eagle's eyes as it flew over a beautiful canyon. I was listening to a native american flute recording during this time so that could have influenced it. Total duration about 4 hrs but stayed kinda sleepy the rest of the day. From further research I hypothesize that what I experienced was both NMT and DMT both forming in vivo which would explain the stronger buzz with only mild visuals. Today's experience was half as strong as my ayahuasca experience (visually) but I think if I try 500mg of l-tryptophan all at once next time, parachuted rather than in pill form I might be able to get a medium strength DMT trip, perhaps a little stronger than my ayahuasca experience (but hopefully less hellish visual/mental activity).

Considering the potential legal consequences if I got caught with DMT, I decided it'd be better if I could find an in-vivo way to produce it that used only legal ingredients, and I believe that if I do a little more fine tuning I'll have it perfected.

Well I hope that gives you a good idea of my background and mentality, I look forward to being a part of this community and learning a lot. Once I get permission to post outside the welcome area I'll make full trip reports from my first and second oral DMT experiences.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 8/21/2016 3:22:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus.

You don't have to wait to type up a trip report! And it will only improve your chances of becoming a full member. We like reading reports when they are willing to be shared.

Enjoy the community, safe and happy journeys Smile

Peace
SO2

143Man
#3 Posted : 8/21/2016 5:22:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, well... first I'll share the Syrian Rue and MHRB experience, my first time trying NN-DMT (since snorted yopo doesn't really count as it's mostly Bufotenine).

But anyway:

Male
26 Years Old
Considerable experience with many types of drugs, but mostly only getting really stoned, only mild visuals or tripping for the most part. Synthetic Cannabinoids, high dose diphenhydramine and one Belladonna experience were the only strong hallucinations (semi-delerious) that I ever had. Marijuana sometimes gave me cool visuals at higher dosages but they were still mild in vividness. Even large amounts of LSA and LSH gave me low-intensity visuals... pretty, but faint, on par with high dose marijuana.

Despite having had some traumatic experiences in my personal life recently (marital/child issues), I wanted to do an ayahuasca analogue for inner healing and to just see some of the wonder of the universe with an expanded consciousness further than I've obtained in the past. I know what they say about "set and setting" but I was prepared to face any tough issues that arose. I was prepared to deal with what I thought would come up, but I was not prepared for what ACTUALLY came! I was dressed in all white (something some of the ayahuascero's and members of Santo Daime, UDV and Native American church do during ayahuasca ceremonies), and had a Bible sitting on the bed, with a cross hanging up on the closet door next to my bed. I had a trashcan next to the bed and I was ready to go.

Dosage was 3.5g Syrian Rue in tea and 7g MHRB (inner root bark which is supposed to be more potent).
I prepared the teas standard so I won't go into detail on the brewing process, used Vitamin C and Vinegar as acids. Brewed each for about 2 hrs, and drank the rue tea 30mins before the MHRB tea.

I purged after 10 minutes, so I think I lost a good bit of the DMT, but considering what came next, maybe that was a good thing LOL!

I laid down, and it took about 15 minutes after the purge before I felt much more than a tiny buzz. Even though the buzz was nice throughout the whole experience, I've experienced much stronger from other drugs. As I was waiting, I got very very faint visual expansion with my eyes closed, expansion of the empty space behind our closed eyelids. It started to have a lot of orange-red static, quickly moving, so I knew something was coming. At probably T+35, I finally started getting some CEV's. First, I saw a flash of light happen right over my third eye, and a sideways eye-shaped hole opened up glowing with bright white light. After it briefly flashed, I started getting visions. Strangely, my first CEV after the 3rd eye opening started in the bottom left corner of my field of vision with closed eyes. It was at first just an eye-shaped form sitting there, then it developed into a sunflower-like plant, but the eye was the flower part. It was a giant eye, which then started looking down. It then had a bunch of glowing dots form around it in a perfectly curved line, just a little above it covering the middle-left side of my field of vision. The right side of my vision was still blank. At this point everything felt very alien, like I was on an alien planet or something. Then I realized that it was ME laying underneath this eye-plant and that my consciousness was viewing everything from afar.

I then floated around in this space for a while, listening to the bugs outside my bedroom window making their noises, and feeling that buzz/lightheaded feeling that I assume is standard with DMT. There were some standard Alex Grey style floral geometric patterns and shapes appearing before me, now turned a little away from the whole eye-plant scene. I remember thinking "wow this really IS good medicine!"

Right after that, everything turned red. Blank field of red. A black door appears before me in the midst of this red space. Somehow, I could see around the door, and see that there was a figure on the other side of it. A black figure (not african american but actual black color) with some red on him. When he tried to open the door and it opened just a little bit, I realized it was SATAN! He had an evil grin on his face that still brings me brief chilling flashbacks when I bring it up. He looked really similar to Darth Maul from Starwars, but I'm not that much into Starwars and hadn't watched anything related to it in years so I doubt that was an influencing factor. When I saw the Devil trying to open the door I shouted "Oh NO you don't!" and slammed the door shut. At this point, the Devil turned into this dark grey colored light and began to seep through the tiny crack at the top of the door, where a door would close into the top part of the frame. When I saw the Devil, while I was kind of afraid, a part of me, my spirit I guess, was fearless before him, viewing him as an enemy who could try to scare the living crap out of me through sight but couldn't touch me. I felt that I was covered by an invisible bubble that shielded me from being able to be touched by Satan or any other evil entity.

After this, the scene changed again, and I began seeing beautiful geometric patterns and the stereotypical "multi-pillared arched room" with Alex Grey style patterns all over the columns, arches, and dome shaped ceiling. This then switched to a scene with a plain yellow field of emptiness, and in the upper left portion of this field, from what appeared to be a far off distance, I saw a figure coming, this time a female, but it looked a lot like Predator. As it got closer to me, I could see it's demonic eyes staring me down ferociously, like it despised every last piece of me. It got a little closer, to what would appear in human terms to be about 10 ft away from me. It then flared it's mouth open wide the way Predator does in the movies, roaring at me, but it wasn't a roar as much as it was like a cat hissing. I faced it fearlessly and it backed away, repeating this mouth flaring and hissing a second time but further away, then it disappeared.

After this, I saw some more beautiful geometric patterns, don't really remember what they were like specifically, but then everything turned blue, like a medium blue, and I saw all these tiny little light blue colored crosses... of a french "fluer de li" style. I was laying on my side at this point, and it appeared that these were appearing to my side as well, so as to be in front of my field of vision (still with closed eyes). While still laying on my side, my spirit/consciousness and vision turned right side up, as if I was laying on my back, but I was still physically on my side. At this point I saw a bright blue sky, with white clouds, and much to my astonishment, GOD, sitting on a throne! This wasn't some blinding white light however, as many people including myself believe that God actually looks like in His truest form (too intense for a human to see without dying) so I knew that God had chosen to reveal Himself to me in a symbolic form. He was a golden colored lion, but wearing a white robe, and sitting upright in the throne like a human. The white robe had these blue shapes on them (I can't even recall what the shapes were, I think they were shapes I've never seen on earth before). He wore a golden crown on His head with blue jewels in it.

The scene literally switched from the blue crosses everywhere, to seeing God in like a split second, and I was so shocked by what I saw that it took me a second to realize "Oh man, this is GOD!" The whole atmosphere of the trip changed at this point, and the previously fearful, demonic terrorizing "air/feeling" was gone, and I now felt a sense of peace and joy and LOVE that far surpasses anything that I've ever felt on earth before, far beyond what I've felt from any drug/chemical before either. I want to stress the LOVE part because that was the most profound feeling, the love that I felt from God had characteristics that I can't even fully describe with human language. Deep down inside, I knew this really was God, but my human side kicked in and said "God, I really think this is You, but I'm just gonna take this with a grain of salt because this could just be a cleaver deception and this may not really be You" to which God chuckled, and replied with a deep but loving, fatherly voice "It's ok, I understand. That's smart thinking, using what I've taught you." That's a pretty close paraphrase, covering the gist of what He said.

At this point, I had to purge again, and I jumped up, grabbed the trashcan, and after vomiting severely a couple times (causing abdominal aching like from a good ab workout), took it with me to the bathroom, where I sat on the toilet with the trash can between my legs while wiping my face and blowing my nose with toilet paper. As I sat on the toilet, I just had the realization just how hard I was really tripping. I had this sort of glowing tunnel vision/hyperspace warp tunnel in front of me with my eyes open while starting down at the bathtub, floor and trashcan. It was faint, but noticeable and made of blue light. I had one of those "Oh God I'm so sorry I'm never going to do this again" moments, but of course, about 3 days after my trip, I had changed my mind, just with a much more cautious attitude going forward.

So after I went and laid back down on the bed, I had more standard DMT patterns and scenery with eyes closed, alternating with more demonic attacks, but this time more of like a "trying to trick me into believing a lie" kinda thing, which I fought off and succeeded in resisting. I know many of you here aren't Christian and may scoff at this, but during the demonic attacks, I played Christian music on youtube and clutched my Bible to my chest while laying there letting the trip run it's course, and this helped me a lot. I felt protected from what the demons were trying to do to me. After a little while of this, God came back (but only in felt presence this time, not in visual form) and showed me an extraordinary array of spiritual insights, (seeming) truths, ways in which the Devil has tricked people all over the world in this and that area of their life, showing me some behind the scenes stuff about corrupt government officials around the world, etc etc. God also showed me things both wrong and right in my life, and showed me the same thing about my wife (who I am separated from at the moment) and I saw her in an evil way, and then in a very pure way. I was shown how to be more gentle and patient with her and how to love her even when she insists on making bad choices (i.e. money, nutrition, employment decisions, etc). I definitely learned how to love her and let the pain and anger go despite how evil she had been in the previous several months. The healing I had been searching for had come after all.

After this, the trip started wearing down and I was left with a good buzz but minimal visuals, just little flickers of different colored swirls and lines and shapes here and there behind closed eyes, and I didn't fall asleep until the physical buzz was nearly gone.

The next few days afterwards I had a wonderful afterglow, and a trip to the mountains that weekend was a beautiful sight, as the mountains and sky and clouds and everything had a very bright, vivid, almost psychedelic majesty about them. My relationship with God felt strengthened and much closer after that night of the trip, a sense of thankfulness for protecting me and rescuing me from the Devil. Strangely enough, the day of the trip, but prior to taking it, while STONE COLD SOBER, I was visited by an Angel. I couldn't see it with my human eyes, but my spirit must have because my head instantly looked up from where I was sitting, straight ahead, as if there was a being about 7 or 8 ft tall in front of me. The only way I know this is because there was this instant "knowing" that came into every fiber of my being, which made me KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was an angel before me. Anyways, the angel telepathically communicated to me that God had heard my earlier prayers for protection going into this and that he (the angel) would be there with me to guard and protect me "tonight". I was very surprised, as that sort of thing had never happened to me before, sober or stoned. I knew it could have been my imagination but it felt too real to be made up, so I took it with a grain of salt and said "ok later tonight we'll see if that comes true" and it sure enough did (i.e.. the invisible shield/bubble I was surrounded by the whole time).

A few notes about the physical side effects from the Ayahuasca analogue:

- Severe dry mouth during the peak and later phases, just like with Marijuana
- Arms kept going to sleep if I left them crossed over my stomach or chest, had to constantly move them.
- Noticed my breathing had slowed down a LOT (or maybe time slowed down) and it felt like I had to make myself breathe, and I had this fear that if I didn't make myself breathe I would just lay there not breathing until I died.
-Not sure if other people have felt this way, but the physical buzz of DMT seems pretty similar to that of Marijuana, and I'm beginning to wonder if MJ doesn't share some of the same serotonin receptor subtype stimulation that DMT does.

I'll post the trip report for today's experience sometime soon, this experience with Ayahuasca analogue was about 10 days ago.

Sorry it's so long but dang this was a heavy experience with a lot of detail I somehow managed to recall (though still forgot a good bit too).

Please chime in with thoughts, and with tips for my future explorations with higher dosage levels (i.e., how to mentally prepare, and what kind of common things I could experience at the medium to high dosage range with either oral or (one day) smoked DMT).

Thanks!

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 8/21/2016 7:09:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report, thanks for sharing!

One thing to remember is, it doesn't really matter what any of us think as far as your beliefs go, all that mattered is that your belief system helped you through a tough part of the trip, and it sounds like it worked for ya.

During my changa sessions I too get to a point where it pops into my head "am I breathing", "when was the last time I took a breath", then proceed to take a giant one at that point, Laughing I'm sure its a common occurrence.

You did great with the details by the way, all the fine details are hard to hold on to and recall, most of us understand this and have the same problem.

Look forward to hearing about the next trip.

In the meantime you have my thumbs up Thumbs up

Peace

143Man
#5 Posted : 8/21/2016 5:19:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2,

Another thing I have noticed from both my first and second DMT experiences is that somewhere toward the end of the trip, when the buzz is light and visual effects are almost gone, I recognized a DISTINCT feeling, a familiar feeling which I recognized was how I feel right after waking up from sleep, especially if it was a deep sleep. Whether DMT is produced in the pineal gland, lungs, or somewhere else, I DO believe it must be released during sleep, because I have felt this way a few times since my 2 trips, upon waking up. I wonder if perhaps the blanked out period of our sleep (NREM) or maybe even the scattered bits and pieces of dreams that we do remember that still fade quickly after waking up, that those may be the periods when DMT is the highest in our bloodstream or inside the brain, and that the fleeting nature/memory block from higher dose DMT could explain that.

143Man
#6 Posted : 8/23/2016 5:32:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OK here it is, my 2nd DMT Experience

I tried a recipe which I had seen mentioned online in a few different places, but which it seems few had actually tried, and most people were skeptical that it would work at all. This was a recipe for forming DMT IN-VIVO by the combination of an MAO-A inhibitor, MAO-B inhibitor, 5-HTP, L-Tryptophan and either L-Methionine or Trimethylglycine. After finding two reports of it having worked for people, I decided to give it a go.

Before I go any further, let me stop and say: I don’t want to hear anyone scream “SEROTONIN SYNDROME” about taking L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP with an MAO-A inhibitor. Alexander Shulgin, in TIHKAL, mentions a medical study where schizophrenic patients where given 15 GRAMS of L-Tryptophan daily with an MAOI and most of them showed no symptoms of Serotonin syndrome even at that high of a dosage. The in-vivo DMT recipe calls for dosages of L-Tryptophan of usually 500mg or less, and 200-500mg of 5HTP. I can assure you, other than nausea like what anyone gets from ayahuasca, there were no symptoms of serotonin syndrome present in myself and I highly doubt anyone else would get those effects either, but if you chose to replicate this experiment, you do so at your own risk.

Now, I took 3.5g of Syrian Rue, brewed in tea, but I prepared it a little different than most people. After grinding the seed and brewing for 45 mins at nearly boiling (light bubbling), with 1g of ascorbic acid, I filtered it, then rebrewed the seed powder with an additional bit of water and another approx. 300mg of ascorbic acid. After brewing and filtering this, I combined and reduced both liquids to about 4 oz. I then poured this into a 4oz glass jar (right up to the top) and screwed the lid on. I set this outside in my backyard on a full moon night, and sent my intention to the Rue tea that I wanted it to absorb all of the positive energy that the full moon would have to offer it that night. I had also spoken and thought good intentions toward the tea while brewing it. The next morning, I got the tea, added it to a larger bottle, and made sure to avoid pouring off the dark sediment that had settled to the bottom of the jar. Once in the new bottle, I added about 1g of baking soda and shook vigorously to bring the drink’s pH as close to 7 as possible, to try to reduce it's harshness and nasty taste in the hopes of reducing nausea. After taking a tiny sip, it tasted like it had a pH of between 5-6. I placed this in the fridge and waited until the next morning to take my trip.

The following day, a Saturday, I arose early in the morning, around 7:30 to drink my rue tea along with half a teaspoon of Trimethlyglycine which I didn’t weigh, but I assume is between 1-2g. You can have up to 6g a day of that stuff so I wasn’t worried about overdosing with eyeballing it. I also took 5mg of Selegiline Hcl as my MAO-B inhibitor (I take this daily anyway so my MAO-B is irreversibly inhibited anyway but the selegiline adds a mental clarity to the experience). 30 mins after this, I took 300mg of 5-HTP, as I was feeling the rue tea by this point. The 5-HTP kicked in about 10 mins later, and I waited another 15 mins or so before taking the L-Tryptophan, because I wanted to make sure that the 5-HTP had a chance to fully convert into serotonin before taking the L-Tryptophan (a necessary step for the L-Tryptophan to be converted into Tryptamine in the body.) Just the combination of the 5-HTP and the MAOI’s alone felt pretty good, a mild buzz, but still with the little bit of nervousness and shakiness that comes from harmala alkaloids.

So at 8:15 am (T+45 from the MAOI’s and TMG), I took 250mg of L-Tryptophan in pill form. I believe this was a mistake, because when I puked about 10 mins later, I saw that only half of the L-Tryptophan had been absorbed and the other half was still in the capsule. I believe I probably absorbed about 100mg of L-Tryptophan before purging, but it was still enough to get the effects of a light DMT dose. After I puked, I started feeling the buzz coming on, pretty mild at first, but about 20 mins after my purge, it was fairly strong, like a 3 out of 5 on the intensity scale. I laid down, listening to trance music and waited for the visuals to come on. While I was waiting, I did notice an “expanding” feeling and visual effect behind closed eyelids, even though I had no visuals beyond the usual static that I see when sober. There was definitely a connection with the music, getting lost in it and taken into a deep trance while listening, though I noticed some songs brought on a stronger trance effect than others. Eventually, about 45 mins after the purge, I started getting mild CEV’s, and everything in the room with eyes open had a soft, fuzzy glow to it like I often get from Cannabis (I don’t use Cannabis anymore but would if it were legal where I lived).

Anyway, I took a break from the music for a little bit at this point and placed the north side of a magnet on my 3rd eye region, and meditated for a little bit with eyes closed, just listening to the birds chirping outside. The buzz was still going strong at this point, and I was having slightly more intense visuals due to the effect of the magnet on my 3rd eye. After a little bit, I turned on some native american music and played it through my computer speakers while lying with the magnet on my forehead. At this point I started having visions
 like, not geometric patterns and rainbow colored swirls but actual scenes. I don’t remember all of them, but the most memorable one was when I saw an eagle, up close, like I was staring it in the face. After looking at me for a second, it came closer and closer to me until it’s left eye merged with the middle of my forehead and became my 3rd eye! At this point I was the eagle, or at least I saw through his eyes, as I flew over a beautiful canyon with lush mountain trees and a river.

I don’t have much memory of the rest of the trip from a visual standpoint, other than after the eagle scene, I turned the music off, and laid on my side to rest because I was feeling sleepy, and just kind of drifted in a semi-conscious state until the buzz wore off. I was quite sleepy at this point, but I believe it was from the trimethylglycine because glycine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter with a function similar to GABA, and after giving up it’s methyl groups to form DMT and possibly NMT with the tryptamine that had formed in my bloodstream, I believe the leftover glycine began to take effect.
I forgot to mention that in both this experience and my first time (with regular ayahuasca) I was at home, alone. I do not have any friends or people in my community that I know who are friendly and open minded when it comes to tripping (although I have a hippy neighbor who might be cool with tripping but I don’t know for sure so I’m still kind of afraid to ask in case he’s straight edge), so I knew that all I could do was prepare myself the best I could to trip alone. When I had such a strong closed eye visual experience with the ayahuasca (which was possibly only 50-75mg of DMT) that included realistic looking demons and Satan, I began to rethink how wise or safe it would be to continue using DMT alone except in lower dosages. I have gone through other difficult trips in the past while alone but still I’ve heard of people freaking out and hurting themselves while tripping hard on DMT and not knowing about it until they came down and their sitter told them about it, so I want to avoid that as much as possible, as I do have a gun and knives in my home.

For my next experience, I plan to try 500mg of L-Tryptophan all at once, in powder form, parachuted, rather than in a pill, that way hopefully much more will absorb before I puke, if I puke at all. I will also be consuming some ginger beforehand, maybe along with the harmalas to help minimize or prevent nausea. That’s the other thing. Next time I plan to do a vinegar and salt extraction on Syrian Rue to get some pretty pure hamala alkaloids in Hcl form, to take in a shot glass or just swallowed as is, to further reduce the nausea potential. I speculate that 500mg of L-Tryptophan at once should give me an experience on par visually with my first experience with Ayahuasca, but if the experience is less powerful than I hope then I will still learn to appreciate and enjoy it and not let myself become disappointed. I believe that soon enough I will find the perfect combination of L-Tryptophan dosage, as well as nausea minimizing techniques to make this procedure a powerful, legal means of experiencing DMT, since harmalas aren’t illegal to consume and all the other ingredients are OTC supplements.

I will continue to update with future experiments, experiences and what I learn along the way.

143Man
#7 Posted : 8/23/2016 5:55:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

One other thing I'd like to add is that I have tried this combo before without the Trimethylglycine, L-Methionine or Choline (which is key to making DMT or similar visual tryptamines form), and all it did was give me a nauseated body buzz, with drunk feeling and slight brightening of colors. A slightly psychedelic headspace was there but no visual effects other than brighter colors. Without the methylating agent, I believe that just plain old Tryptamine is formed, which has reportedly only physical effects, and would make sense considering what I felt from that experiment. The intoxicating effects also only lasted about 1 hour and then disappeared, with slight waves of on and off for another hour. Not something I would care to repeat again, felt more just generally messed up rather than enlightened or anything.

DomSpirit
#8 Posted : 8/27/2016 4:30:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

143Man, that was awesome! Such a detailed report too! Absolutely loved it!

Welcome mateSmile

143Man
#9 Posted : 8/27/2016 10:07:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DomSpirit wrote:
143Man, that was awesome! Such a detailed report too! Absolutely loved it!

Welcome mateSmile

Thank you DomSpirit, glad you liked the trip reports. I actually have a friend who goes by the nickname of Dom and he has an amusing story of when he used to take Depakote (Valproic Acid) for seizures, and the doctor gave him too much at the beginning and he said he saw purple dragons and clouds and sky and stuff on his living room ceiling for about 2 weeks until his body normalized. He said all of it was 3D and he could smell the smoke, feel the heat from the dragon's flames, etc. It was wild.

I have some other pretty cool detailed trip reports from years ago I can share on here sometime. Those involve LSA, LSH, DXM, snorted FB Bufotenine, MJ and synthetic cannabinoids (even self made blends that ended up being too strong lol). Only had one mushroom experience with visuals but while mild, the content of the CEV's was CRAZY!!!! (Like, as a teaser, a 30ft tall Red Fire Truck with bull horns on the front of it barreling down the interstate running over and crushing all the cars around it, with the words "United States Government" written on the side of it, with the cars representing ordinary citizens).

I'm not an anarchist btw, just believe there needs to be reform in different areas.

I'm glad to be here, excited to learn and grow in my knowledge of entheogens and science Smile

143Man
#10 Posted : 8/28/2016 3:39:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok guys so... for science's sake, I ran a little experiment tonight.

I've been doing a harmala alk extraction on 14.2g of Rue seed, and after filtering and salt precipitating, I took a small portion of my unrefined harmala alkaloids (eyeballed between 30-50 mg), which are probably 50% purity (quite brown still, a little yellow but it still has white sparkles in the light). I then snorted this 30-50mg of crude extract. I knew it probably wouldn't be pleasant, but DANG it burned so freakin bad!

I knew it probably had a little salt residue in it but a tiny bit under the tongue had minimal saltiness so I know most of it stayed in the water. Anyways, the burning was intense (only did it in the right nostril) but after about 10 mins the burning was almost gone, and surprisingly, a light but nice feeling buzz came on. Light visual enhancement, mostly all in the head feeling buzz though, minimal body feel. However, there was still slight wobbliness when I walked around but overall a pretty clear headed high (no brain fog) but I did find myself zoning out sometimes only to forget what I was intending to do before zoning out lol, similar to the memory issues with weed. I guess you could say the headspace I got felt like a mix between weed and tryptamines, but I just mean the "atmosphere"/mood aspect. This was a light effect but still stronger than I expected considering how small of a dose I insufflated. I assume that there was probably only 15-30mg of a harmine/harmaline mix in there.

Later when I blew my nose I noticed some tannins that it seems my mucus captured, but it seems the harmine and harmaline Hcl absorbed pretty well.

I may try insufflation again after having refined the extract several times using A/B back and forth, but after that it probably will not be a common route of administration, though I will try smoking some since snorting gave a distinct type of non-foggy high feeling that I didn't get from unrefined oral Rue (powdered seeds or tea). I suspect the strength of the high might be equal or stronger than snorting but require the same basic dosage.

143Man
#11 Posted : 8/29/2016 3:25:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I didn't wait as long as I thought I would to try insufflation again. After basing out my harmine, I was left (when dry) with light tan colored crystals, which were actually a little sticky to the touch. I mean very light tan, almost white. I was surprised at how pure they looked, though they could have had a bit of sodium bicarbonate in there. A tongue test proved mild saltiness and mild bitterness but nothing major. Snorted about 25-30mg of this nearly pure harmine freebase, and this time it burned but not nearly as bad as the crude mixed extract.

Effects came on within 2-3 mins but were pretty mild. Slight buzz but not nearly as strong as the crude extract. Mostly a very calm mental state with a little bit of laziness (i.e. really finding it hard to make myself get up off the couch). But there was virtually no dizziness and the buzz mostly went away after about 15-20 mins but the mental effects have been going still for the last hour since I did it so we'll see how long it lasts total. It produced a similar feeling to how most people feel right after waking up, but just not as wobbly. A little zoned out but at the same time no brain fog. Not enjoyable enough to repeat again except to try a much higher dose, but happy to see what it did for experimentation/science's sake.