We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What are you growing (aside from entheogens)? Options

Psychelectric
#1 Posted : 8/22/2016 5:09:17 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

On this site, members are always eager to talk about the mushies they're growing, or the San Pedro or even some good bud, but I'm curious what else do you grow?

Are you growing anything for food? For research? For other lifestyle properties?

I have Magnolias growing and I found there are antidepressant chemicals in the bark that the Japanese have been researching. There are also some antimicrobial properties in magnolia bark which some people steep into a tea and use instead of toothpaste from what I've read and I'm looking into that.

I'm also looking to grow some flowers to distill oils from to make essential oils for the purposes of soap making.

I have an herb garden, a fig tree, a pepper plant and a fruiting Peruvian cactus.

With so many things out there that can enrich our lives, (besides visionary plants), what else do you grow? ( Pics would be cool Smile )
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 8/22/2016 7:43:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychelectric wrote:
On this site, members are always eager to talk about the mushies they're growing, or the San Pedro or even some good bud, but I'm curious what else do you grow?

Are you growing anything for food? For research? For other lifestyle properties?

I have Magnolias growing and I found there are antidepressant chemicals in the bark that the Japanese have been researching. There are also some antimicrobial properties in magnolia bark which some people steep into a tea and use instead of toothpaste from what I've read and I'm looking into that.

I'm also looking to grow some flowers to distill oils from to make essential oils for the purposes of soap making.

I have an herb garden, a fig tree, a pepper plant and a fruiting Peruvian cactus.

With so many things out there that can enrich our lives, (besides visionary plants), what else do you grow? ( Pics would be cool Smile )

Other enthenogens. Kanna. Passiflora. For effects ofc.
Kitchen spices for food. Bonsai for looks and practice. Spicy and fragrant herbs.
Then distill oils out of them. Flowers for bees

ijahdan
#3 Posted : 8/23/2016 12:23:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I grow fruit and vegetables. Beans, peas, kale, chard, pumpkins, beetroot, rhubarb, blackcurrants, strawberries...Theres different stuff in season each month, except over winter. Its only a small plot, about 10 raised beds, each about 10'x 4', not enough to provide all my fruit and veg needs but a nice supplement, and homegrown food always feels more nourishing than the bought kind, in more ways than one.

I like to try out old or obscure varieties and save the seeds for planting the following year. I also leave patches of wild flowers to attract bees and grow comfrey to fix nitrogen in the soil and to enrich the compost. Got a few herbs too, and always add some homegrown mint to changa blends.

I hope to have more time and space in the future to grow a lot more stuff, including entheogenic and medicinal plants.

Oh yeah and my avatar is a homegrown lettuce which looked suitably fractal and trippy. The photo doesnt really do it justice tho.

Handel
#4 Posted : 8/24/2016 6:20:34 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

In our new home, we have a large backyard, so I grow kale, chard, savory, parsley, arugula, mint, celery. The house also came with 12 fruit trees, which I'm enjoying. The fig tree is my favorite. I'm thinking of removing all though, and planting new ones (up to 20 trees), since the current ones are too old. I'll probably do that the year after next year, as it would cost me a lot to redo the whole backyard and fences. This coming year we will be putting our money towards solar panels instead (waiting for SolarCity/Tesla to announce their new roof+battery products first).

Muskogee Herbman
#5 Posted : 8/24/2016 11:43:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I grow all kinds of citrus, mangos, carambola, peppers, tomatoes, monstera fruit, bananas, chaya, peruvian apple, passiflora, kumquats, avacado, jacaranda, tababeua, so many things i can't name em all lol.

I pretty much live in a jungle. Razz

Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Ulim
#6 Posted : 8/24/2016 11:44:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Handel wrote:
In our new home, we have a large backyard, so I grow kale, chard, savory, parsley, arugula, mint, celery. The house also came with 12 fruit trees, which I'm enjoying. The fig tree is my favorite. I'm thinking of removing all though, and planting new ones (up to 20 trees), since the current ones are too old. I'll probably do that the year after next year, as it would cost me a lot to redo the whole backyard and fences. This coming year we will be putting our money towards solar panels instead (waiting for SolarCity/Tesla to announce their new roof+battery products first).

I wouldnt change the fruit trees unless they are ill.

Old trees are nice.

Young fruit trees are a real hassle you know.

Cognitive Heart
#7 Posted : 8/24/2016 4:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right now I got some morning glory(flying saucer variety), basil lime and cinnamon, green/red romaine lettuce and celery growing. Picked up a cat palm not too long ago, too. I also live in an area where a moderately sized blackberry bush resides just outside my front door, so harvesting a jar of that was easy-going this year. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

smoothmonkey
#8 Posted : 8/24/2016 4:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just started my garden in my new home, and along with my 2 pedros, 2 grandifloras, 2 torch, and 2 peyote I am growing a variety of herbs (Mint, Rosemary, Basil, Chocolate Mint, Marshmallow, Lavender), hot peppers (Jalps, Cayenne, Jamaican Hot Pepper), Sunflowers, Kale, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Winter Peas, Blackberries, Raspberries, Cannabis, Ginger...

Our yard is turning into more of a permaculture garden rather than a yard! Which is exciting and inspiring every day Smile We are preparing the earth and several garden boxes for the spring with the goal of being as sustainable as possible!

Happy growing fellow humanoids! Smile
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

skoobysnax
#9 Posted : 8/28/2016 7:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli, kale, arugula,Butternut squash and zucchini, several tomato vareties, swiss chard, sweet potato, cucumber, eggplant, basils, mints, okra, long bean, bush bean, and snow peas corn, passiflora, echinachea garlic. All these this year in different successions as the seasons change. I grow all year. I make ghetto coldframes for winter gardening.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Ringworm
#10 Posted : 9/8/2016 7:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 9/9/2016 12:34:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone once told me to grow a brain. Never realy got to it though. I mean...where do you find some good brainseed these days?

OrionFyre
#12 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ringworm wrote:

*JEALOUS*
<3 woodchips

Personally I use to grow quite a few tomatoes, cukes for pickling.

And lots and lots of lettuces and greens. Those are the expensive things in the grocery store pound for pound. A bag of lettuce might have 6-8oz in a bag for $2.39, but I can eat one bag in a single sitting.

Indoors I grow about 15 different potted plants. 6 are philodendrons that are beyond gangly and needed three people to move each one when I moved. My dad smokes like a chimney and the plants inside really help keep the air cleaner.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Nathanial.Dread
#13 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A hodge-podge of different plants, most of which I've rescued from friends, or local stores like Trader Joes that don't treat their plants very well.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Ringworm
#14 Posted : 9/15/2016 7:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*JEALOUS*
<3 woodchips

Not woodchips, just junk we pulled outta the woods.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Cognitive Heart
#15 Posted : 9/21/2016 5:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful basil and lettuce. Smile

Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
IMG_1345.JPG (463kb) downloaded 48 time(s).
IMG_1352.JPG (584kb) downloaded 48 time(s).

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#16 Posted : 9/21/2016 11:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heavenly saucers. Almost 100 blooms this year. Pleased
Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
IMG_1354.JPG (291kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
IMG_1352.JPG (616kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
IMG_1353.JPG (387kb) downloaded 45 time(s).