We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Daily life just isn't the same anymore. Options

expandinguniverse
#1 Posted : 8/22/2016 5:42:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

A week ago I had a completely ego-shattering breakthrough. Day to day life just isn’t the same anymore. I’m slowly realising that I’m trapped myself inside an endless cycle of daily routine. Each new day feels like the one before it. Work, eat, work, go home, eat, sleep. I really want to break the cycle but work and responsibilities aren’t magically going to disappear. I want out of this mundane existence but I’m really not sure how.

DMT has also made me significantly more perceptive about my interactions with other people. It feels like I always have the same kinds of conversations with people. We talk about the same kinds of themes over and over again. It’s almost gotten to a point where I’m able to predict what my friends are saying. I also get this feeling that most people are fake. They’re always so concerned of what others think of them. Before DMT, I used to be the exact same way. I fitted in with everyone and was in with the current memes and trends but now… being aware of this, i don’t think I can live that way anymore. As a result I’m starting to feel rather isolated and lonely. I can’t relate to people and they can’t relate to me.

I’m not sure what to do about all of this? Have any of you guys experiences something similar. I’d love to hear back from you guys.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 8/22/2016 6:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can change it.

You say, "I can't relate to people," but what you really mean is, "I can't relate to the people I've been spending my time with."

Go out and find your people. You might have to make some changes in your life for that to happen, though.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

RAM
#3 Posted : 8/22/2016 7:28:59 AM

Hail the keys!

I have felt what you are talking about, and I sympathize with your struggle. First off, I think you would do well to look into the Buddhist concept of samsara and see how it applies to your everyday life. I am not a fan of religious ideology, but I have found selected concepts to be very useful in my own path.

Samsara in the overall sense is the mundane cycle of birth, life, death, and reincarnation that can only be overcome by giving up desire and reaching nirvana. While I disagree with the nature of this cycle, samsara can also be used to understand mundane routines in everyday life. By starting to see these routines, it seems as if you are realizing the presence of samsara in your own life, and you want methods to resolve the anxiety that arises with samsara.

From here you have multiple options. You can continue existing a dull existence filled with mundane routines and grow to hate those around you for being boring, uninteresting people. But because you posted about this situation at all, it doesn't seem like that is the route you want to take.

What exactly did you experience that you find life on Earth to be so mundane now? I used to joke that DMT was difficult because how could one see and interact with aliens and then have to go to work the next day?! However, for me, it is all about perspective. I no longer find aliens to be exciting and normal people to be boring. There is only what "is" and how I respond to it, and as hippy-dippy as that might sound, I think it can help in your situation.

Maybe you should endeavor to perceive those around you as amazing. The human body is an amazing mechanism, is it not? If what these people say bores you, look deeply into their eyes and imagine neurons firing off to deliver this speech to you. Study anatomy and work to see the true complexity that underlies our existence. Or ask more interesting questions. Ask people why they get out of bed every morning and what drives them to continue living. Find out these people's worst fears and greatest joys. Encourage people to be better. Start by living the example.

Alternatively, as Rhythm said, find new people. You can always try to make some sort of change in your life to meet newer, cooler people. You can get a pen pal, chat on the Nexus chat, etc. With the Internet there are no barriers to finding social interactions.

And you could also become okay with being a recluse! While it doesn't seem like you want to do this, I have found that having a few extremely good friends is much better than having tons of shallow friends. So you could pick out a select group that matters a lot to you, hang out with them for some time, and then just spend more time by yourself.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 8/22/2016 10:24:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"the wreckful siege of battering days"...Shakespeare

While this essay may not apply to your exact situation, it pretty much covers the territory of "the great forgetting". Welcome to "adult" life, and the Nexus.

http://realitysandwich.c...-collective-unconscious/

Peace

fathomlessness
#5 Posted : 8/22/2016 2:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RAM wrote:

Maybe you should endeavor to perceive those around you as amazing. The human body is an amazing mechanism, is it not? If what these people say bores you, look deeply into their eyes and imagine neurons firing off to deliver this speech to you. Study anatomy and work to see the true complexity that underlies our existence. \

Amen, brother. I love when this happens. All of a sudden your rational mind provides a new way of interpretation of everyday phenomena that just makes everything seem so damn right bizarree! Like, I'm made out chemical structures? WhAt? All my personality is a series of electricity running through different closed looped circuits? WhaAt?? We have absolutely no idea about what this place is, why we are here or what is beyond what we can percieve??? WHHAAAATTT?!?!?!

Better yet, YOU... whoever you are seem to be some random offshoot of a species known as "primates" which are a just an advanced form of bacteria or cells which have migrating in to bigger forms to perform more complex tasks.

OMG! Shocked How crazy is this fricken place?!?!

The whole thing is fucking weird, but if you don't actively look for it you wont see it. Everyone has pretty muched tuned out these days, especially with smart phones and social media, no one wants to think deeply and when you bring it up with them, majority of the time if not all the time they will respond as if you are pulling their hair, or as if you stink something proper. Sad but true. Dont be one of them bro... we have to god damn fricken many of em!

null24
#6 Posted : 8/22/2016 2:55:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

EDIT-OKAY, I'M NOT WITH IT THIS MORNING AND DID NOT MEAN TO POST THIS BUT SOMEHOW DID SO TRY TO MAKE SENSE OF IT IF YOU DO DESIRE(perhaps after mascafe ill re-approach:

Sounds like you got the punchline of at least part of the Great Cosmic Joke, but don't find it really all that funny in afterthought. You're here, you're society expects you to do 'this', but 'it' is meaningless and empty. There is more than consumption without the ability to produce.

What do you love?
Who do you love?

Answer those questions, it then you may find the clue you need.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

expandinguniverse
#7 Posted : 8/22/2016 9:04:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the wonderful responses Smile

RAM wrote:
The human body is an amazing mechanism, is it not? If what these people say bores you, look deeply into their eyes and imagine neurons firing off to deliver this speech to you.

That really resonated with me. You are absolutely right! This place is really wonderful and it is really amazing we get to call this big rock in outer space - home. I've always loved learning and in fact currently pursuing a degree in physics to better understand how the world around us works.

Again like you said
RAM wrote:
There is only what "is" and how I respond to it
. I think rather than having a feeling of triviality of everyday life, I should try and respond by cultivating a sense of wonder for it. I'll definitely be picking up some books that kindle my interest and the joy of learning.

I'm alive on this earth for so and so many years and can't while my life away feeling bored daily and complain about it. As cliché as it may sound, I have to find what I love and pursue it. And I think for me it's learning about the world.

But that being said, this way of life is hard. I often find that I don't have the resilience to keep this positive mentality and see the beauty and wonder in all things.
fathomlessness wrote:
if you don't actively look for it you wont see it
. Too often I forget to actively look for it and find myself caught back in the same cycle of existence that I'm trying to escape. I'm starting to get actively into meditation so I can have a better understanding of my mind and hopefully develop an ability to guide it permanently in to this desirable mindset. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to keep a positive mindset of curiosity and wonder in life?

Koornut
#8 Posted : 8/22/2016 10:43:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The next time you have a shower, look at the tiles in front if you. Pick one in particular. Widen your field of view and look deeply into the shape of it. Fall into it for as long as you can focus; and forget everything you thought you knew about bathroom tiles.
If you can play a binaural beat style track (bathroom speakers are a necessity for the renaissance human), quite loud too so you hear the resonance of the room; all the better.
Then slowly begin to reduce the hot water all the way and feel the temperature change in your body while still focusing on the shape in front of you.
Oh yeah, and breath.
It sounds goofy I know. But when executed correctly can give you a nice buzz when you get out of the shower. Colours brighter, infinite comsic comical beauty etc etc.
Also you end up learning the true value of water....the spice extends life.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Orbiting
#9 Posted : 8/23/2016 1:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rome wasn't built in a day

But your views on life can

This new perspective In The absence of real-life -metamorphosis (a change in activities, responsibilities, friends . ect) will almost certainly lend itself to some level of cognative dissonance. Don't dispair there are two ways out of this funk,
1 realign your idea(als) with your environment (unlikely hehe)

Take some steps to change your life twards what you would find ideal. Of course ATM your feeling it would be nice to press eject and jettison the current zeitgeist which surrounds you but you cannot. You have a while to be around and all that time you can go into a new direction

Good luck !
Accept and prrogresss

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 8/24/2016 4:41:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orbiting wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day

But your views on life can

This new perspective In The absence of real-life -metamorphosis (a change in activities, responsibilities, friends . ect) will almost certainly lend itself to some level of cognative dissonance. Don't dispair there are two ways out of this funk,
1 realign your idea(als) with your environment (unlikely hehe)

Take some steps to change your life twards what you would find ideal. Of course ATM your feeling it would be nice to press eject and jettison the current zeitgeist which surrounds you but you cannot. You have a while to be around and all that time you can go into a new direction

Good luck !
Accept and prrogresss

I agree. Now you need balance, get into nature when you can, do yoga, it's amazing, do something to unplug sometimes, or every day. Balance is key.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 8/24/2016 5:34:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Before tripping balls...

chop wood, carry water.

After tripping balls...

chop wood, carry water.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Jees
#12 Posted : 8/24/2016 5:54:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Expandinguniverse, it's all about perspectives, right?

While things look the same (like chop wood carry water) the experience in how it is perceived can vary like in a trillion ways. It's just some ways you know of that isn't really fulfilling for you right now. To know how-not-to is very valuable I think.

What Snozzleberry wrote is true, some things seem to be same before/after, but the way they are perceived, lived, felt, etc, can be so drastically different. For me the plants enabled me to discover those differences and to practice those as a result. Never before has same ole things be so differently. Never before I was able to love truly compassionately certain people, it was much more difficult before my experiences. Perception shift, dang, everything changes while being the same Pleased

expandinguniverse
#13 Posted : 8/24/2016 6:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow you guys are right. it's definitely all in perspective. I'm starting to mediate regularly and focus more of my effort into things that I enjoy doing! Thank all of you guys for all your awesome input. Were it not for this forum, i'd probably still be in a pretty bad mental state.

Thanks!! Big grin

#14 Posted : 8/24/2016 11:24:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Find activities that you really enjoy and do those, and do them often.

Take care of your body.

Laugh with others and yourself, don't take things too too seriously.

Try to push yourself to experience new things, create new memories.

**I know some of these might seem common sense and obvious; then again sometimes it's the things right in front of our face Razz I've been up and down over the years with these things, but they have undoubtedly worked the best for myself and in helping pull me from the lonely path of self exploration.

DmnStr8
#15 Posted : 9/4/2016 5:14:22 PM

Come what may

To OP

Cognitive dissonance is something that I experienced when I first started with DMT. It created a split in my thinking in so many ways. I was forced to see another perspective. Thrust into a new reality.

Not to be trite, but I felt like Neo first coming out of the matrix, or Truman from 'The Truman Show' learning about his cage.

The world will respond to your new perspectives. Cognitive dissonance will dissipate as you integrate these perspectives. Create what you want with your new awareness. Accept everything as it is at face value and go from there.

It is what it is.

Zen Gardner wrote:
There’s no looking for crowd validation. There’s no waiting for outside redemption. There’s no collective bargaining to rely on.

The awakening is you. Only you.

That’s what all this ruckus is about. The battle for your spirit and soul. And that’s the boat each of us is in. There is nothing more important in this life for you, or me, than waking up. Once that’s straightened out the rest will follow.

How we perceive the world around us creates and reinforces the world around us. Once we become conscious and aware that this existing matrix we’re witnessing is an arbitrary creation manipulated by power-crazed puppeteers, however you perceive them, that is when the change happens.

And the Universe will tell you what to do from there.

http://www.zengardner.com/the-battlefield-is-you/

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Sedrick
#16 Posted : 9/5/2016 6:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hm i personally was a little bit different my whole life. I never really was like all the other kids, well when i joined the army i kind of learned how to be around normal people. But when i took psychedelics years after i left the army it showed me that im starting to forget who i really am. So snapped out of the role and became me again, but now i knwo how to play the game.

What im trying to say is. Well find friends who accept you for who you are, no matter what you are. If you cant be you around somebody he's not your friend. All my friends know that i take psychedelics f.e. i can loan them hundreds of euro/dollars and they'll give it back without asking even if i already forgot i gave it to them (and trust me that happened b4). I dont have much friends, but the ones i have are real friends.

And for work, ye there are a lot of people you're never gonna meet in regular life, cause they're just too different. And i learned to not show them i my real self, cause many of them would use everything they know about me against me. So im just quiet but nice and friendly. I sometimes engage in regular boring conversations, but not too often it feels like they actually sucking the life out of me. Just know that you can play the game, you even must if you want your physical body too survive. Just dont take your act to serious, its all a game/play/joke just have fun on the way.

expandinguniverse
#17 Posted : 9/5/2016 10:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

Accept everything as it is at face value and go from there.

That's really great advice however I feel that easier said than done. How do I know what something is at its face value? For example, If i'm feeling anxious or distressed about something, how do I take that for what it is? The more I think about it, I never truly know what anything is at it's face value.

tseuq
#18 Posted : 9/5/2016 11:36:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

expandinguniverse wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:

Accept everything as it is at face value and go from there.

How do I know what something is at its face value? For example, If i'm feeling anxious or distressed about something, how do I take that for what it is? The more I think about it, I never truly know what anything is at it's face value.

Face and accept your in the presence unfolding experience, what ever is. Experience it (yourself) with all its physical and psychological qualities, as a whole, in this particular moment. This is what is.

Now stay and go from here.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Jees
#19 Posted : 9/6/2016 2:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

expandinguniverse wrote:
... If i'm feeling anxious* or distressed** about something, how do I take that for what it is?...
TBH I can't stop producing thoughts mostly, and instead of trying to stop it, I do more of it in a way that it produces many contradicting thoughts, and therefore criticizes/neutralizes itself. Since it cannot take itself 'serious' anymore (it contradicts itself) it ends like just some thoughts and hence the value of it declines/falls away. The remaining value is that of the event at hand, it's face value.

anxious* & distressed**
Same I do with emotions, after I let them be contradicting they make themselves look a bit stupid and their gravity or value drops way down to laughable levels.

It's funny to see one's own thoughts and emotions become peripheral. This gives more room and energy for just what is with it's face value.
I think it's all closely linked to identification. At face value directs identification with the situation at hand as is, whereas thoughts/emotions direct identification with the mere separated personal interpretations.

Quote:
...How do I know what something is at its face value?...
Things are at face value by default IMO. It only becomes more complex as thoughts & emotions try to add or change that value to their own terms. Therefore my technique to let them contradict and neutralize themselves. Rests the original face value of the enfolding moment.
Sort of Pleased

Amen Big grin

WENUS
#20 Posted : 9/6/2016 9:01:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

12NEXT