We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MDMA trippy experience - The Comedown Options

WisdomTooth
#1 Posted : 8/22/2016 8:01:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A few weeks ago i had the most unusual MDMA experience which i have been eager to share for some time because i never felt anything like that before besides in dreaming/lucid state.

Now i have only been into psychedelics for the last 1-2 years and only had experience with MDMA about 10-15 times. I would usually group with friends I've known since childhood and explore together in one of our homes. We would usually take anywhere from 0.5g - 1g within a 12 hour period between 3 - 4 of us.

This time i had some MDMA that was apparently pure as usual but i remember someone saying 85% was the purest it can be or something alone those lines which had me hesitant at start but it smelled and looked like the real deal as usual we tested 50mg as a first dose. Shortly after confirmation we added another 100mg.

It was good stuff, kicked in within 20 minutes and the mind-expanding and euphoric feelings started to kick in and i usually unload about the universe and life as when i am on this substance everything that i want to share with the world comes out all at once like some sort of MIND-FIRE!

2-3 hours pass and we decided a 50mg booster would be nice and lastly after another 1-2hours followed by another 50mg. During the whole process we like to smoke/vape some cannabis to enhance the feeling and lengthen the experience as we believe. It (in a sense) amplify's the experience.

Now here is where it became really weird, it was now about 4-5am in the morning which was about 6-8 hours after we started and we decided no more and just continue with the cannabis although i was not getting high anymore from the cannabis so i thought i would have a cone. Boy i was in for a trip..

I usually only have small joints and light vapes during the experiences or after during the comedown but this time i wanted to make the most out of the comedown so i packed myself up a large cone of my most potent herb. Within 5 minutes i was literally tripping..

I started seeing fractals and sacred geometry patterns both CEV and OEV were hitting me quite hard and i felt as i was going to pass out and felt quite uncomfortable and it felt like i was in a semi-dream state. I could hear what my friends where saying in my head about a split second before they said it and i could feel everything before it happened(Some sort of enhanced telepathy?), it felt like i was slightly out of my body and 1% of me is floating outside of time/space and this 1% felt like a huge difference.

I couldn't do nothing about this as my friends weren't going through the same thing and claiming that they understood it happens sometimes and they didn't seem to worry much but inside i felt very strange. I decided not to panic and make it worse and just breath and let go, 5 minutes of semi-meditative breathing i was actually enjoying what i was experiencing, i was also seeing little dancing jesters everywhere at one point flowing in and out of reality similar to the ones on DMT i seen although it was more visual then telepathic at the time.

I mean if i were to expect something like this happening it would of probably been more comfortable and smooth but i was not. I never thought you could literally trip on M.

I woke up 3-4 hours later from a nice deep sleep on the ground, there is no better place to be when you are feeling any anxiety/fear or nausea then the ground as you always end up there when sick or too drunk haha, it must be a natural instinct to ground ourselves when we are not feeling balanced.

Anywho.. i was curious if anyone else had this experience with just MDMA and Cannabis or is it possible my MDMA had something else in it and wasn't entirely pure. I have heard it could have something to do with 2-CB or MDA although i am not too sure on these.

Thanks Smile

Safe Travels

Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/22/2016 6:13:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

First of all, 250mg and up is a rather hefty dose of MDMA. MDMA for myself, is first an empathogen and second a light psychedelic. I do get some psychedelic effects with MDMA but it wont push me into the same sort of spaces as the other psychs(esp the tryptamines) do. It can at times share aspects of the psychedelic realm with mescaline and 2cb in my experience.

Having both closed eye visuals(patterns, fractals..) and visions(realistic scenes sometimes with a plot) has been common for myself with a 200mg dose of MDMA, combined with cannabis.

If I smoke too much cannabis alone I often experience powerful psychedelic effects, with noted shift in the way I experience time(like time dilation).

I think the MDMA and cannabis combo can explain the level of effects described in the op...but the possible MDA connection is still relevant.

If you had taken 2cb, you would likely know that you at least had not taken MDMA fairly soon. While both MDMA and 2cb are empathogenic phenethylamines, and share a few specific qualities, 2cb is also more of a true classic psychedelic, and both in effects and structure is much closer to mescaline. This has been my experience of 2cb. 2cb is also quite visual.

MDA...you could have taken a mix of MDA/MDMA in ratio. It is not uncommon. MDA feels close enough to MDMA. It is more visual, and more speedy. Comedown was horrible. Only way to know is to test it.
Long live the unwoke.

Ulim
#3 Posted : 8/22/2016 8:15:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis seems always to "trigger" visuals. So dont worry to much about it. Just try to evade the CBD if you dont want it. Vape the herb at lower temperatures to evade the CBD.

If you tested it it probably was something closely related to MDMA but not to far to get a different test result.

Check here to see what it could have been http://verbinding.110110...le.html?counterfeit=MDMA

But my guess it could only have been either MDA or MDAI.
MDAI is too weak to trigger visuals and MDA could be the culprit.

Or its just the cannabis alone that did it for you.

Did you take any other psychedelics before this experience?

Some people report that LSD "breaks" or "changes" something in the brain that cause cannabis to be way stronger and often visual.

WisdomTooth
#4 Posted : 8/23/2016 1:39:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Cannabis seems always to "trigger" visuals. So dont worry to much about it. Just try to evade the CBD if you dont want it. Vape the herb at lower temperatures to evade the CBD.

If you tested it it probably was something closely related to MDMA but not to far to get a different test result.

Check here to see what it could have been http://verbinding.110110...le.html?counterfeit=MDMA

But my guess it could only have been either MDA or MDAI.
MDAI is too weak to trigger visuals and MDA could be the culprit.

Or its just the cannabis alone that did it for you.

Did you take any other psychedelics before this experience?

Some people report that LSD "breaks" or "changes" something in the brain that cause cannabis to be way stronger and often visual.

Thanks for the replies guys was quite informative.

I have done DMT several times and had visions through meditations in the past which could be a result of this tbh. Although i think the change to a raw-superfood diet in the past and extreme fasting/detox spiritual phases of my life made my cannabis use much more visual and powerful than ever before.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 8/25/2016 3:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
First of all, 250mg and up is a rather hefty dose of MDMA. MDMA for myself, is first an empathogen and second a light psychedelic. I do get some psychedelic effects with MDMA but it wont push me into the same sort of spaces as the other psychs(esp the tryptamines) do. It can at times share aspects of the psychedelic realm with mescaline and 2cb in my experience.

Having both closed eye visuals(patterns, fractals..) and visions(realistic scenes sometimes with a plot) has been common for myself with a 200mg dose of MDMA, combined with cannabis.

If I smoke too much cannabis alone I often experience powerful psychedelic effects, with noted shift in the way I experience time(like time dilation).

I think the MDMA and cannabis combo can explain the level of effects described in the op...but the possible MDA connection is still relevant.

If you had taken 2cb, you would likely know that you at least had not taken MDMA fairly soon. While both MDMA and 2cb are empathogenic phenethylamines, and share a few specific qualities, 2cb is also more of a true classic psychedelic, and both in effects and structure is much closer to mescaline. This has been my experience of 2cb. 2cb is also quite visual.

MDA...you could have taken a mix of MDA/MDMA in ratio. It is not uncommon. MDA feels close enough to MDMA. It is more visual, and more speedy. Comedown was horrible. Only way to know is to test it.

There was a time when virtually everything that was sold as MDMA actually was MDMA. But most pills in those days did have 100 to 120 milligrams of MDMA in them.
Then MDMA got banned and manufacturers en masse started to produce MDMA analogue's of wich MDEA was the most dominant one.

These analogues where being produced with the same chemical precursors and eventually both these analogue's as well as the precursors like safrole got banned or monitored very stricktly.

Then there was a period where most of the pills contained legal RC's that would mimic the effects of MDMA.
Now MDMA seems to be back again, and over 90% of what's being sold as MDMA actually is MDMA.

But there's something funny...pills today often contain more than 200 milligrams.

This makes me think that benzyme's explanation for the subjectively experienced differences
in quality between different batches of LSD, different isomeric mixtures, could also apply to MDMA.

Maybe different batches of MDMA contain different isomeric mixtures. Maybe the use of different precursors leads to different mixtures of isomers.

That could help explain three things.
1-why people experience differences in quality between different (tested) batches of MDMA.
2-Why today's pills contain twice as much MDMA as pills in the 90's used to.
3-Why MDMA is back, replacing legally available and often cheap RC's.

Maybe some of the MDMA is simply more potent and more psychedelic than other batches of MDMA.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/6/2016 2:45:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

High dose of MDMA followed by high dose of MJ - I'd be more surprised if you didn't get visuals.

Talk of MDMA 'isomers' - presumably you are referring to the two optical isomers - enantiomers (which are basically mirror images of each other). These do have differing effects and potencies. It would be very unlikely (but not impossible) that somebody had gone to the trouble of separating the two enantiomers.

A comparison of the enantiomers, here:

PIHKaL wrote:
(with 100 mg of the “R” isomer) “There were the slightest of effects noted at about an hour (a couple of paresthetic twinges) and then nothing at all.”
(with 160 mg of the “R” isomer) “A disturbance of baseline at about forty minutes and this lasts for about another hour. Everything is clear by the third hour.”
(with 200 mg of the “R” isomer) “A progression from an alert at thirty minutes to a soft and light intoxication that did not persist. This was a modest +, and I was at baseline in another hour.”
(with 60 mg of the “S” isomer) “The effects began developing in a smooth, friendly way at about a half-hour. My handwriting is OK but I am writing faster than usual. At the one hour point, I am quite certain that I could not drive, time is slowing down a bit, but I am mentally very active. My pupils are considerably dilated. The dropping is evident at two hours, and complete by the third hour. All afternoon I am peaceful and relaxed, but clear and alert, with no trace of physical residue at all. A very successful ++.”
(with 100 mg of the “S” isomer) “I feel the onset is slower than with the racemate. Physically, I am excited, and my pulse and blood pressure are quite elevated. This does not have the ‘fire’ of the racemate, nor the rush of the development in getting to the plateau.”
(with 120 mg of the “S” isomer) “A rapid development, and both writing and typing are impossible before the end of the first hour. Lying down with eyes closed eliminates all effects; the visual process is needed for any awareness of the drug’s effects. Some teeth clenching, but no nystagmus. Excellent sleep in the evening.”

Maybe... maybe... maybe... you're speculating about an unknown substance that has already gone! Very happy

Without at least TLC you are only guessing. MDMA + MJ -> visuals is really nothing new. Just enjoy it - isn't that the overall idea?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

WisdomTooth
#7 Posted : 9/12/2016 3:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just had a memory of one part that was really interesting.

When i would put 2 index fingers close to each other or 2 points of my glasses for example they would buzz/vibrate between each other and not once was i able to make them stable with my mind. There was always a constant fizzy-vibration(the closest way i can put it) between 2 small points i focused on. This showed me i was literally tripping.

I've had this experience another time in my life but not sure if it was a dream or when i was really drunk or high or all mixed up.

DoingKermit
#8 Posted : 9/12/2016 10:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WisdomTooth wrote:

When i would put 2 index fingers close to each other or 2 points of my glasses for example they would buzz/vibrate between each other and not once was i able to make them stable with my mind. There was always a constant fizzy-vibration(the closest way i can put it) between 2 small points i focused on. This showed me i was literally tripping.

I've had this experience another time in my life but not sure if it was a dream or when i was really drunk or high or all mixed up.

Do you mean your vision would shake back and forth rapidly? If so, I've had that quite a few times on higher doses of MDMA. My friends have also experienced this many times. It seems like quite a normal reaction.

universecannon
#9 Posted : 9/12/2016 3:21:01 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I trip fairly hard on 150mg of clean mdma, especially if mixed with cannabis.

Speaking of vision on MDMA...Has anyone had difficulty using touchscreen phones on it? My near-sighted vision becomes horrific and i can barely manage to use a cell phone.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

WisdomTooth
#10 Posted : 9/13/2016 6:31:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
WisdomTooth wrote:

Do you mean your vision would shake back and forth rapidly? If so, I've had that quite a few times on higher doses of MDMA. My friends have also experienced this many times. It seems like quite a normal reaction.

I think so, it appeared as like i was in a video game or a dream when trying to focus on the 2 points and through my vision it looked as the two end points would vibrate in and out of existence. I couldn't keep the points stable to make a straight line besides physically doing it but through my eyes they would flicker in-between in each and flashes of disappearing and re-appearing constantly. Its hard to explain although the experience gave me a familiar feeling that it has happened before in my life.

WisdomTooth
#11 Posted : 9/13/2016 6:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
I trip fairly hard on 150mg of clean mdma, especially if mixed with cannabis.

Speaking of vision on MDMA...Has anyone had difficulty using touchscreen phones on it? My near-sighted vision becomes horrific and i can barely manage to use a cell phone.

Haha yeah using technology on psychedelics seems to be asking for trouble, Once took me 30minutes to get to one song that should of taken me 30seconds on LSD. It seems your mind is so expanded that modern-technology is too simple for the mind to focus on. Instead greater ideas and thought patterns occur. I sometimes drop Alan Watts-like life-changing quotes with ease Razz

I love the philosophical moments.