We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The new GVG and the panic attack (?) Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 3/1/2016 9:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)SetRazzre-flight anxious
(physical condition) Set:good to great
Setting (location):bedroom in a comfy chair
time of day: (12 or 24 hour system, daylight? starlight? overcast?)noon
recent drug use: (list also any kind of medication)cannabis and sublingual harmala night before. Kombucha pre-flight
last meal: (Time and type)eggs and toast for breakfast

PARTICIPANT
body weight: (in kg pls)63KG
known sensitivities:
history of use: (experienced, novice, first timer - in general and for this specific substance/form) Exp

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): (list all taken substances)DMT Freebase
Dose(s): (in the same order as Substances pls, use metric system i.e. g/ mg/ �g)40mg
Method of administration: (dissolved in water, capsuls, insufflated, vaporized...)vaporised

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00 (expand this if you used delayed administration for multiple substances or the same substance with multiple doses. Use indices.)
Duration: (x hours)10min
First effects:
Peak: (estimate a time range and note as e.g. T=2:00-4:00 for a range of 2 hours beginning 2 hours after administration)
Come down:
Baseline:20 min

Intensity (overall): (use HRS-like scale i.e. 0-4: 0 = "Not at all;" 1 = "Slightly;" 2 = "Moderately;" 3 = "Quite a bit;" 4 = "Extremely."Pleased
Evaluation / notes:2.5 to 3

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: (0-4)2
Implesantness: (0-4)3
Visual Intensity: (0-4)3
I put my headphones on listening to Test Shot Starfish. Was fairly relaxed by the time I started after breathing through the pre-flight anxiety. i had a 30 min yoga session 1 hour prior so physically I felt pretty good and ready. Sipped a bit of my Kombucha tea. The batch was a little acidic so I had cut it with some water at 1:1 ratio.
This was my second run with the new GVG. Prior to this I have used the machine to great success. Yesterday I did a sub-breakthrough dose. It was refreshing so today I upped the anti and melted 40mg onto the oil pad.

The first hit was quite a lungful. I got my hands into position for the second. Funny because while the GVG stayed in clear focus the room started to double-triple vision. I blazed what remained hit and set the pipe on the TV tray next to the chair as the room began to become like a cartoon. I saw the pixie fairy goddess that oft visits me flutter past with her tiny wings. I am not sure why but I felt frustrated I wasn't going deeper. No entity contact per se. Maybe the music distracted me. Perhaps closing my eyes would help but I wanted to do this one open eyed. I decided to relax and enjoy the view. The new shapes and shapeshifts everything took was pretty interesting. But as the room started to morph back into normalcy I started feeling some anxiety. My head felt tingly and I felt like I was in someone else's body. Looking at my hands they swirled with patterns and I touched my face with hands that felt disconnected. I think I had some reflux that made my chest feel weird and I started to panic a bit more, checking my pulse with the same disembodied hands, touching my face as if to check to see if I was still alive. Alive, yep, check, breathe... relax. I coached myself to stay seated after trying to stand to quickly, still a hell of a body-load. Then finally some relaxation occurred and the afterglow began but my head tingled for a good while, which was not painful but a bit freaky. I wonder how much the strong Kombucha may have affected this? Perhaps the effects I normally feel from it were more pronounced?

All that said I think I need a little getting used to the GVG. I have gotten my machine method to 99% breakthrough success but thinking I will keep her for stealth trips when i need something pocket sized. The GVG does seem to vape everything whereas the machine probably still has a load or two left just from past journeys.

Has anyone else had a strange tingly reaction after ingesting Kombucha and DMT? I have read the threads here some time back that seemed to say it was OK.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hawaiigold
#2 Posted : 3/2/2016 1:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the report. I have vaped approx. 50 times with my GVG, most of them where breakthroughs. But a few times I ran out of breath due to pre flight anxiety and had to take a second pull. I don't breakthrough if I don't get the whole dose in at once. And the times I broke through, I would not have had the slightest chance of taking a second pull.

Just like you got frustrated, I always get frustrated when I don't break through, to a point that I just wanna get up and walk away and then I realize that although I didn't go as deep as I wanted to, I should not get up. For me it's rather unpleasant. From what I read, a lot of people enjoy DMT effects in light doses, I am always disappointed and don't really enjoy it and feel really strange if I don't enter hyperspace....

All I can do then, accept it, smile and wait it out ....

Love is all you need! And maybe some imagination....

Don't believe a word I say. None of it is true, all invented in my mind out of boredom.

anon_003
#3 Posted : 3/2/2016 2:18:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible that you didn't get the whole dose or maybe overheated things a bit? When I overheat the spice (which is DEFINITELY still possible with a GVG) , the resulting vapor can make my chest feel pretty uncomfortable.

It just sounds like one way or another, you did not get big enough of a dose in you to have a full experience. Speaking from my own personal experience, low doses are almost invariably pretty dysphoric for me. I frequently get feelings that I am "disrespecting the molecule" or "not taking it seriously enough" when I don't get a solid dose. Usually, these have been in instances where I was too scaredy-cat to smoke a breakthrough dose. However, this also happened as I was acclimating to the GVG and not applying enough heat to get sufficient vapor production as well.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 3/2/2016 4:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anon_003 wrote:
Is it possible that you didn't get the whole dose or maybe overheated things a bit? When I overheat the spice (which is DEFINITELY still possible with a GVG) , the resulting vapor can make my chest feel pretty uncomfortable.

It just sounds like one way or another, you did not get big enough of a dose in you to have a full experience. Speaking from my own personal experience, low doses are almost invariably pretty disphoric for me. I frequently get feelings that I am "disrespecting the molecule" or "not taking it seriously enough" when I don't get a solid dose. Usually, these have been in instances where I was too scaredy-cat to smoke a breakthrough dose.

I didn't overheat but def sooooo close to breakthrough space. Beyond that though I am still perplexed by the tingly skull feeling. I do agree that somehow I didn't get it just right though. 40 mg in the machine and I am gone baby gone. But I did use to put 60 mg until I figured it out just to be sure I could pass go. Allowing myself to get so anxious bugs me a lot though, affected my blood pressure etc... yesterday I stayed light on purpose and loved it. Expectations being the premeditated resentment I guess lol.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

brilliantlydim
#5 Posted : 3/2/2016 5:01:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also get dysphoric feelings when I get a less than ample dose. Instead of "wasting" it, I have found letting my mind wander in that state, and actively confronting those feelings and where they are coming from has served to be very therapeutic. I believe that state can have value, at least for myself.

skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 3/2/2016 7:23:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:
I also get dysphoric feelings when I get a less than ample dose. Instead of "wasting" it, I have found letting my mind wander in that state, and actively confronting those feelings and where they are coming from has served to be very therapeutic. I believe that state can have value, at least for myself.

I agree there wholeheartedly. So today I glanced at the GVG and saw that a bit of spice had recrystallized in the bend of the neck, pretty little iced window pattern, my guess is 10-15mg? Who knows but I need to get that thing to fit tighter maybe or just saturate it like I suspect the machine is. (the biggest breakthrough I ever had with it was just seeing if there was anything left. I dont remember exhaling lol) Maybe I pulled to hard or heated too fast I dunno. I will try again in a few after I get past a few days of multi-tasking. I need to avoid being too introspective for a few days lol. But yeah after 4 years I felt like a n00b again. i am glad for the feedback though so if i misfire again I will take it more in stride than feeling like it is about not respecting the molecule.

Why am I here?

brilliantlydim
#7 Posted : 3/3/2016 6:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
ehud wrote:

I agree there wholeheartedly. So today I glanced at the GVG and saw that a bit of spice had recrystallized in the bend of the neck, pretty little iced window pattern, my guess is 10-15mg? Who knows but I need to get that thing to fit tighter maybe or just saturate it like I suspect the machine is. (the biggest breakthrough I ever had with it was just seeing if there was anything left. I dont remember exhaling lol) Maybe I pulled to hard or heated too fast I dunno. I will try again in a few after I get past a few days of multi-tasking. I need to avoid being too introspective for a few days lol. But yeah after 4 years I felt like a n00b again. i am glad for the feedback though so if i misfire again I will take it more in stride than feeling like it is about not respecting the molecule.

I get the recrystallization in the bend as well. Could probably heat that up and smoalk it right from there.

DmnStr8
#8 Posted : 4/9/2016 2:44:05 AM

Come what may

Existence and non-existence

The basic misconception is that it is only the form qualities of being that have the capacity to validate existence. Dualistic vision takes existence and nonexistence to be mutually exclusive—and in so doing strays into unending cycles of dissatisfaction and painful confusion. Because we grade what we perceive in terms of its referential value, we are capable of only three responses: attraction, aversion, and indifference. If what is perceived substantiates our personal definitions, attraction arises. If our personal definitions are threatened, aversion manifests. If the phenomena of perception neither substantiate nor threaten our personal definitions, there is indifference. What cannot be manipulated referentially is ignored. We never actually experience anything as it is—we only experience according to our need for definitions, and consequently everything is graded as to its suitability as a possible reference point.

There is nothing wrong with thought, even though some categories of meditation instruction would have you accept that there is. According to Dzogchen, thought is a natural function of Mind. Just as the other sense faculties are natural to our physical existence, so is thought. Finding Mind to be a referenceless ocean of space allows the dualistic knot of panic to untie itself. Experiencing this space, we make a brilliant discovery: being referenceless is not death.

If we can remain in natural uncontrived presence without sinking into an oblivious drowse, we disinhibit our spontaneous clarity. Stars appear in the sky, and their brilliance is reflected in the referenceless ocean of being.

—from the book Roaring Silence
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

fathomlessness
#9 Posted : 8/20/2016 1:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

The basic misconception is that it is only the form qualities of being that have the capacity to validate existence. Dualistic vision takes existence and nonexistence to be mutually exclusive—and in so doing strays into unending cycles of dissatisfaction and painful confusion. Because we grade what we perceive in terms of its referential value, we are capable of only three responses: attraction, aversion, and indifference. If what is perceived substantiates our personal definitions, attraction arises. If our personal definitions are threatened, aversion manifests. If the phenomena of perception neither substantiate nor threaten our personal definitions, there is indifference. What cannot be manipulated referentially is ignored. We never actually experience anything as it is—we only experience according to our need for definitions, and consequently everything is graded as to its suitability as a possible reference point.

There is nothing wrong with thought, even though some categories of meditation instruction would have you accept that there is. According to Dzogchen, thought is a natural function of Mind. Just as the other sense faculties are natural to our physical existence, so is thought. Finding Mind to be a referenceless ocean of space allows the dualistic knot of panic to untie itself. Experiencing this space, we make a brilliant discovery: being referenceless is not death.

If we can remain in natural uncontrived presence without sinking into an oblivious drowse, we disinhibit our spontaneous clarity. Stars appear in the sky, and their brilliance is reflected in the referenceless ocean of being.

Help me clarify this, if we grade what we perceive in terms of its referential value and what is perceived is only existence... then how can non existence be graded if it is not perceived? I get it, the text is saying that it is the dualistic vision of existence and nonexistence as being mutually exclusive that creates dissatisfaction but... what is the alternative? You can't perceive non-existence so you are stuck forever to perceive existence and nonexistence as being mutually exclusive. Or is that the thought of nonexistence acts to threaten our personal definitions?

That is a thought provoking extraction right there, still trying to figure out whether it is sound or not.

DmnStr8
#10 Posted : 8/21/2016 4:50:26 PM

Come what may

fathomlessness wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:

Help me clarify this, if we grade what we perceive in terms of its referential value and what is perceived is only existence... then how can non existence be graded if it is not perceived? I get it, the text is saying that it is the dualistic vision of existence and nonexistence as being mutually exclusive that creates dissatisfaction but... what is the alternative? You can't perceive non-existence so you are stuck forever to perceive existence and nonexistence as being mutually exclusive. Or is that the thought of nonexistence acts to threaten our personal definitions?

That is a thought provoking extraction right there, still trying to figure out whether it is sound or not.

I look at a flower. The flower is beautiful. The flower smells good. It is a rose. It is red. It has reference all around it. I make preferences. The mind creates all these preferences and labels them positive, negative, and indifferent. Can we look at the flower and have no reference? No preference? Just simply experience the flower?

Yes the flower is red and smells good and is beautiful. The beauty of the flower and my experience with the flower is instantly changed when the mind starts in with it's labels. When you first look at a flower there is a silence. The flower and you have a connection for a brief moment. The mind calls the flower red and that moment is over. Now the flower is transformed into something that it is not.

The same thing could be said for anything we experience in this life, including ourselves. Can you exist without the need for reference? Look in the mirror. Can you see yourself? Or do you see all the prior experiences? You are not your name. You are not the color of your skin. You are not defined by anything. The mind takes away from the experience that is you. In that you transform your experience instantly when the mind comes in. Thoughts are a function of the mind. We can experience anything without the need for these functions to make preferences.

I think we have all had some experience in life where the mind simply is not involved. The first time I saw the Grand Canyon I was awestruck with it's beauty and vastness. I had a true moment of really experiencing the Grand Canyon right up until I said "It's beautiful!" The moment was instantly over when my mind decided to pipe in and label the Grand Canyon beautiful. Before that moment it was just me and the canyon and truly in the ocean of being.

I can make a rather large list of things I have experienced in this life in that ocean of being. The day my daughter was born and the I gazed into her eyes and was washed into the ocean of being. A sunrise or sunset. Some goofy squirrel fumbling around my yard looking for food. A bird diving through the sky. A smile from a friend. Making love. Etc.. etc.. etc...

We choose attraction, aversion, and indifference. When we choose, we take away from the experience. The ocean of being is lost. We attach ourselves to the functions of the mind in so many ways. It can take over and all the beauty of existence is watered down. Brought into a certain perspective of experience that really does not exist at all. Only a product of the functions of the mind.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

starway6
#11 Posted : 9/4/2016 2:59:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hawaiigold wrote:
Thanks for the report. I have vaped approx. 50 times with my GVG, most of them where breakthroughs. But a few times I ran out of breath due to pre flight anxiety and had to take a second pull. I don't breakthrough if I don't get the whole dose in at once. And the times I broke through, I would not have had the slightest chance of taking a second pull.

Just like you got frustrated, I always get frustrated when I don't break through, to a point that I just wanna get up and walk away and then I realize that although I didn't go as deep as I wanted to, I should not get up. For me it's rather unpleasant. From what I read, a lot of people enjoy DMT effects in light doses, I am always disappointed and don't really enjoy it and feel really strange if I don't enter hyperspace....

All I can do then, accept it, smile and wait it out ....

What kind of spice was it mimosa or acacia?

Ive vaped acacia many times but al;ways seem to stay in the 10 to 15 mg range...

Ive had many close breakthrouhs but this last time [few days ago]..the [hit of acacia] was so thick i got a little anxious and didnt hold it in long enough ...

I guess that thick of a hit makes one think that its too much?/?// so one can chicken out and abort...

Does one have to take a large super thick hit to breakthrough ..any opinions/

I feel i have broken through before... but i could be wrong and when i do break through it will be quite the experiance im shure!

Not shure if acacia is as strong as mimosa...

universecannon
#12 Posted : 9/4/2016 4:45:29 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Tingly skull feelings of many kinds are normal IME

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

FLeP
#13 Posted : 9/6/2016 2:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like trying to do anything but lay there and pretend to sleep would cause some anxiety for myself. Not trying to be judgemental but I can't see what the fun would be in dreaming with your eyes open trying not to dream. Big grin