We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thoughts on using a VaporGenie? Options

XxFreeMindxX
#1 Posted : 7/9/2009 3:00:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I know its been asked about alot im sure but i would like to hear more opinions on using one to smoke the spice, ease of use & maintence.

There's also a new glass vaporgenie that caught my eye so if anybody got there hands on one of those i'd like to hear about it.

SWIM wants to find pretty much the perfect tool to blast off every time without the hassles. I know about the machine and to me it still seems like a hassle compared to the VG.

VaporGenie

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 7/9/2009 11:08:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

go with the VG...the only problem i see with the glass one is that sometimes SWIM forgets his pipe is in his lap and he stands up after being in hyperspace and his pipe goes flying..he still wants to get a glass one..and they look pretty tough..but the VG is the easiest way to get to hyperspace..works like a charm
it's a sound

Harbinger
#3 Posted : 7/9/2009 11:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it, but couldn't make it work. Maybe I just don't know how to use them right.
I had to take too many hits from it so basically I got the spice into me too slowly... couldn't blast off. Instead of getting 1 or 2 big hits I got about 10 little ones.
The first hit was wearing off before I took the last hit.
Give the spice a little smile... and cross the veil in style.

Kannamate
#4 Posted : 7/9/2009 12:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is the vaporstar pretty much the same thing as the genie besides that it needs a seperate piece for inhalation,or would it work about as well?

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

with the VG you have to take a LONG SLOW deep breath in...like inhaling directly into the lungs...you cant take short ones..it doesnt get hot enough
it's a sound

lorax
#6 Posted : 7/14/2009 3:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i recommend the glas VG. its good to know when it starts vaporizing. its also easier to tell how much is left in case a friend wants a hit after you hit it.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

balaganist
#7 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
is the vaporstar pretty much the same thing as the genie besides that it needs a seperate piece for inhalation,or would it work about as well?

Also interested in this one !!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:

I've heard those do not work as well as the VG. Although I've not tried it myself, I have read post of people comparing the 2.

The VG never worked too well with spice for me, but I love it for MJ!! (So does my friend who owns a $650 Volcano vaporizer!!Laughing )
I'd be interested in checking out the new Glass VG for sure!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 7/14/2009 6:50:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the vapor star was too difficult to get to work...especially trying to get to hyperspace
it's a sound

kungpow
#10 Posted : 8/5/2009 1:37:35 PM

Brandon

I think I may invest one of these soon. I want the glass one because it looks so wicked.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 8/5/2009 1:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has VG but never tried with spice.. he uses with cannabis when he travels, and when he's stationary, volcano is the way... He would like to try both the volcano and the VG for spice, but he is affraid of ruining them both forever for further cannabis use, with the taste of spice.. thats why he just goes for the bong and ashes sandwich, which works very good for himself and for others (including first timers), and one can improvise construct it easily..

but SWIM would really like to try the VG one day for spice.. The glass one looks awesome, SWIM has the classic one.. But SWIM would be very affraid of the glass because he drops his (thankfully very strong) VG all the time, so the glass would have been broken by now

Madcap
#12 Posted : 8/26/2009 2:06:26 AM

illudium Q-36

SWIM just ordered a glass VG yesterday. A full review will be posted hopefully by the weekend. It should be used for spice exclusively.... unless it doesn't work well.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

lonewolf123
#13 Posted : 8/26/2009 2:10:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive got a glass for MJ and a wood for spice, never dropped the wood one lol. But my glass one has been dropped and kicked considerably and only the filter has a crack in it, but still works like new. I tend to treat my spice VG with more respect,... when its not being used I put it away, I always put it to the side when I take my last hit, pretty much its never been dropped or tipped over. If I ordered another one for spice itd be glass....

Madcap
#14 Posted : 8/26/2009 2:26:02 AM

illudium Q-36

Lonewolf..... do you have any usage tips? Is it OK to put spice in by itself, or should some leaf be added as well?
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

ibeing897
#15 Posted : 8/26/2009 3:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

VG has been great, accompanied by the blue flame pocket torch (lighter) it works even better... actually tested it on the side of a mountain during a hurricane and np, totally weather proof... SWIM has a volcano which he uses at home, but found myself using the vapo genie more and more... I wish SWIM had the glass one though cuz the closed chamber is a bit of a pain... with the glass one you should be able to see what you're doing... it takes a bit of getting used to especially with new people using it...

Also, using with spice SWIM usually uses the bed of leaf method, but I think straight will be fine.
all posts are fictional

lonewolf123
#16 Posted : 8/26/2009 6:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The way I go about it is using 3 screens in the VG, just use a decent size bed of ash for the spice to go on and a nice size layer ontop so it doesnt get burnt. I would recommend meditating and slowing your breathing so when you finally take the hit, it could be like a 30 second long hit and just get all in at once (never really counted how long the hit is for me, it feels like at least 30 seconds). My heart is usually going super fast before I takeoff so taking atleast 10 mins to meditate is usually mandatory for me.

Ibeing, you have any torch lighters you would recommend? Every time I use one, the herb gets burnt....

The glass VG is nice too cause its not a screw on top, so its less of a pain to get it fluffy again... its also got a bigger bowl than the wood one I believe

ibeing897
#17 Posted : 8/26/2009 7:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey lonewolf, the "blue flame pocket torch" is the actual lighter I'd recommend, it's much easier to control and prevents the middle spot burning like I've gotten with regular lighters (could be technique related)... it's expensive though, around $60 and can be quite hard to find... I've heard they're the best lighters actually, but I haven't done the research... I got one because my friend has had one for 2 years going strong... I tried it and it worked really well, plus I like the weatherproof aspect and it's well built unlike most torch lighters, most are junk. Easy to refill plus it can go past temperatures that my volcano does which I like.

Vapo Genie's are great...
I gotta get a glass one, but that'll be after the wooden one is toast.
all posts are fictional

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 8/26/2009 8:55:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
the vapor star was too difficult to get to work...especially trying to get to hyperspace

The vaporstar works awesomely and produces very thick vapor. Be sure to pre-heat the element for 5 seconds before drawing. But I can't really imagine any problems with it. Put in a layer of pau d'arco, spice on top...the pre-heat, hit, heat stop, hit, heat stop hit, heat...the consensu on the board seems to be that the VS is superior to the VG....+ the glas one is very expensive. If you already have a glas bong, you can simply attach the vaporstar. I think it's crucial to see the vapor forming.

lonewolf123
#19 Posted : 8/26/2009 5:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hah, I thought you were using a fancy way to say a torch lighter Being, didnt think too much on that one I guess. If you are getting a burnt spot from a normal bic, youre letting the tip of the flame stay in the VG for too long... Once its heated nicely from the flame being inside for a few seconds (obviously not touching the filter), let the flame hover over/ barely get inside the VG. Its about maintaining the heat, which is very easy to do, meaning its very easy to burn with the wrong technique ;/ Also, its best to keep the herb you put in fluffy, so after a hit or two, shake it up so its not compressed. The more compressed it is, the less the heat can break through the herb and it just heats up the top, burning it because thats the only spot getting hit with heat. Thats why the glass is actually so much better for herb. The spot where the herb sits in the wood one is definately too small and a pain to mix up to get it fluffy again. The glass one you can just tip over into your hand and shake.
I definately need a good torch lighter though, its a pain in the ass to light with the wind blowing. How far away do you keep the torch from the filter Being?

I guess if I needed a new VG I would go for the VS only cause Ive never tried it, but Im still recomending the VG over the machine....

ibeing897
#20 Posted : 8/26/2009 5:58:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lonewolf, yeah, I figured out the spot problem, didn't take long to learn how not to burn, but I still found uneven burning with a regular lighter... the torch gives a more thorough even coverage, in fact I don't want to exaggerate but I think the torch eliminates most problems, the torch is adjustable as is the filter so it's hard to say exactly how far, but you can turn it low and put the torch directly over the vg intake....

Yeah now I really want a glass one.
all posts are fictional