We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
98% Purity...What's the Other 2%? Options

PH0Man
#1 Posted : 8/18/2016 5:39:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

So I have some 4-HO-MipT (Miprocin) that's "98% pure"...any ideas what the other 2% is likely to be? Are there some contaminants that will just naturally appear whenever this stuff (or other tryptamines) are made, or is it just poor quality control?

Thanks you Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 8/18/2016 7:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont really know what can be an impurity in the process of tryptamine production but it will be most likely one of the "common" impurities.
Its impossible to say what those 2% are without testing it.

In most organic chemistry the impurities are always some side products that form when the main product breaks down due to reasons like UV radiation or heat, etc..

100% purity is impossible. Just leaving any compound in the air will reduce the purity by a lot.
Even when the compound does not react with air moisture can be attracted and reduce the purity.

It is probably either water, a solvent, or a precursor chemical that is very similar. It might be tryptamine or something that was used a starting chemical.
If the process isnt 100% efficent you end up with a rest that is difficult to seperate due to the fact that the compound is so similar in size and struture.

PH0Man
#3 Posted : 8/18/2016 8:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
I dont really know what can be an impurity in the process of tryptamine production but it will be most likely one of the "common" impurities.
Its impossible to say what those 2% are without testing it.

In most organic chemistry the impurities are always some side products that form when the main product breaks down due to reasons like UV radiation or heat, etc..

100% purity is impossible. Just leaving any compound in the air will reduce the purity by a lot.
Even when the compound does not react with air moisture can be attracted and reduce the purity.

It is probably either water, a solvent, or a precursor chemical that is very similar. It might be tryptamine or something that was used a starting chemical.
If the process isnt 100% efficent you end up with a rest that is difficult to seperate due to the fact that the compound is so similar in size and struture.

Thank you! That answers my question Smile

And I suppose you just gotta pray there's no contamination with something like ACRYLOYL-F .HCL

Ulim
#4 Posted : 8/18/2016 9:21:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Thank you! That answers my question Smile

And I suppose you just gotta pray there's no contamination with something like ACRYLOYL-F .HCL

Dont worry its just contaminated with Polonium 210. Nothing to worry about Drool

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 11/22/2018 3:06:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Usually some organic byproducts, polymers, salts. Nothing really harmful.

The impurity profile depends on production process and typical impurities in the used reagents.

Impurity profile of substitued tryptamies are probably less studied than say MDMA, but you can look up how the typical impurities look for MDMA synthesis:

Synthesis and impurity profiling of MDMA prepared from commonly available starting materials