We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV89101112NEXT»
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

endlessness
#181 Posted : 5/14/2016 2:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As I linked earlier, check amor fati's conversion: https://www.anoniem.org/...reebase_Spice_Conversion

The water wont dissolve dmt, only sodium carb and other polar impurities, but the water could carry suspended dmt particles if they were loose. But you can prevent that if you spread the paste like the above method. And you can always filter the water to trap suspended dmt.

This will work better with sodium carb as a base rather than calcium hydroxide because calcium salts are not very water soluble so you wont clean them off very well.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

xa
#182 Posted : 5/14/2016 3:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so if i use lime and pull with alcool or acetone i have a more clean product at the end ? it's enought clean and similar to other tek that give a goo at the end ?

I would like to know if there are some defat or wash steps that can be added to this tek to clear more the end product, using non toxic or less toxic and more ecological avaible chems.

Or there are not.

Thanks
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

skoobysnax
#183 Posted : 5/27/2016 9:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
Ok, so if i use lime and pull with alcool or acetone i have a more clean product at the end ? it's enought clean and similar to other tek that give a goo at the end ?

I would like to know if there are some defat or wash steps that can be added to this tek to clear more the end product, using non toxic or less toxic and more ecological avaible chems.

Or there are not.

Thanks

My first evap from ACRB is less of a goo and more needles. I think the key was filtering the ETOH and letting it settle and being sure I got the lime out all the way. My first try last year was with sodium carb and it was very gooey. I may not go another step if this is active enough as is. I want the extra goods.

EDIT: Yield from 55g ACRB is 2.769g ZOIKKSSS!! 3 microwave/freezes before adding vinegar. Based with lime same as q21q21's ratios, dried completely and pulled 5 times using a total of 600ml 190 proof everclear. I may let this air out more before I put it away, I suspect some ETOH may still be in it.

Thought this too if I decide to clean, maybe instead of an a/b cleanup I may dissolve in IPA and see if any solids settle overnight or two, decant and evap again.
skoobysnax attached the following image(s):
dirty dishes.jpg (5,310kb) downloaded 586 time(s).
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#184 Posted : 5/28/2016 6:33:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so today a took 100ml IPA and dissolved my yield. A white sediment with some brown chunks sank to the bottom. Decanted the amber liquid and added 50ml to the residue and stirred. Tonight I will decant this again into the amber IPA let it settle again and pour the cleaned IPA evap in the morning. Looks like plenty of lime and plant material had passed through the first round so I am expecting the yield to be half of the first scraping.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

xa
#185 Posted : 5/29/2016 4:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, let us know Smile
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

skoobysnax
#186 Posted : 5/29/2016 10:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:

Or there are not.

Thanks

I will know my yield in a few days. I let my decanted IPA settle, the lime that was trapped in the original solution was discarded.
I then let that solution settle overnight, still a slight bit at the of the beakere bottom. After a careful decant i poured the remaining contaminated solution through a funnel with a cotton ball in the tube. I then poured excess clean IPA to wash any goodies out of the cotton. Now we wait. IMO lime offers a cleanup with less loss of yield than dealing with a further a/b or washing sodium carb with H2O.

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#187 Posted : 6/15/2016 5:56:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
Yes, let us know Smile

1.365G of thick amber jimjam that smells super sweet. This round did not crystallize Wut?

I took this goo and re-disolved in IPA yesterday, let it settle again and filtered that through a funnel with cotton in the spout. The IPA was super clear of undissolvables. I added an equal amount of super clean rue extracted harmalas and an equal amount of organic mullien. To this i added a small pinch each of sacred lotus extract and passionflower extract to help soak up the IPA as it was boiling off a bit. Shouldn't be long now before its ready...

Why am I here?

modern
#188 Posted : 6/21/2016 12:53:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=709236#post709236

So a follow up to my extraction I tried cleaning up the calcium hydroxide contamination with acetone. I didn't dry the acetone as it evaporated quickly and clean. So after placing everything in a small glass the amount of calcium hydroxide was clear. I evaporated on a wide dish and resulted in a runny red goo that was too hard to handle. When trying to transfer the acetone to another jar I spilled most of it on the floor only saving a small portion. Crying or very sad

This tek is easy enough to just do another run. I hope I saved enough to make a changa joint as I won't be weighting it.

Here is the acetone with the original extract showing heavy calcium contamination.
modern attached the following image(s):
20160619_132521.jpg (933kb) downloaded 513 time(s).

xa
#189 Posted : 6/21/2016 9:48:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modern: you can use a pipette or similar (glass !!) for separating the acetone.

modern
#190 Posted : 6/21/2016 10:57:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some plastic pasteur pipettes however being plastic I didn't even attempt it. Next time around I'll always be using a larger tray underneath to catch any spills.

BTW ended up with close to a 1:1 spiceRazzsychotria leaf changa mix. So all is not lost Smile.

Might buy some glass pipettes as that would make things easier... thanks xa.

xa
#191 Posted : 6/22/2016 6:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also some glass jar with a spout like a beker then you can separate and put acetone again and separate...etc etc to catch all the good

downwardsfromzero
#192 Posted : 7/4/2016 9:50:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Won't calcium hydroxide cause condensation reaction in the acetone? Confused

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

endlessness
#193 Posted : 7/5/2016 12:06:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Can you expand on that?

I never used acetone with calcium hydroxide, only with sodium carbonate.

xa
#194 Posted : 7/5/2016 11:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used lime with acetone in this tek, it seem to work well but i don't know what is condensation reaction and how to check.

Nicita
#195 Posted : 7/31/2016 9:52:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried the extraction with
25g MHRB
Sodiumcarbonate
Isopropanol

First pull yielded ~380mg of a brown solid substance,
Second pull about the same
Third pull yielded mostly white crystaline substance, assuming mostly Sodiumcarbonate

I then redissolved everything in acetic
Filtered
Added Sodiumcarbonate to the solution
Dried on doubleboiler
Dissolved in Iso
Filtered
Evaporated

The product had visibly more Sodiumcarbonate than before. Basically coloured salt crystals.

For the last step, I tried redissolving in Naphta to leave Sodiumcabonate behind, but it yielded almost nothing.

I'm not sure what to do now to save the DMT.
Try to pull again with Iso?
Redissolve in acetic and evaporate?

endlessness
#196 Posted : 7/31/2016 10:24:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How much is "almost nothing" ? Sometimes goo is deceivingly heavy. How many naphtha pulls did you do?

I'd try pulling with isopropanol and evapping that, yeah...

Nicita
#197 Posted : 7/31/2016 10:35:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe 10mg or less for the first pull. It was also crystalline, not goo and only faintly smelling of DMT.
After seeing the result of the first pull, I stopped at the second.

I will try another Iso pull and report back, thank you

I like the extraction very much so far. Hope I manage to clean my extract up =)

<;}}}><

DreaMTripper
#198 Posted : 8/5/2016 1:00:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:

Or there are not.

Thanks

Acacia (if it is that you're using) contains essential oils that are soluble in acetone so once you have done your first round of pulls you can evaporate the acetone and do a mini(mini!) acid base on the resin using boiling water to vaporize the oils out of the mix. If you want you can use sunflower oil to pull some more inactive oils out and then freeze the acidic solution and simply decant or suck up/absorb the oil from the top however I wouldn't bother as there is always a little bit that you can't get and it only takes a really small amount of sunflower oil to goo things up as it will stay there until the end.

Filter through cotton balls to remove any resins or oils that are suspended or floating then add sodium carbonate to make a paste and dry it out in the oven. Crush it up to a fine powder and then either do the amor fati plate method (I found this very tricky) or do the paste and pull method (on the wiki somewhere) which is very easy and efficient.
Then filter the acetone or iso and put it straight into the freezer where the excess sodium carbonate and any insolubles will precipitate.
Filter once more if you like but careful decanting should be enough as you can see the excess sodium carbonate on the bottom.

Evaporate the solvent and you should be left with a nice clear clean oil. You could then redissolve in 100% iso and evaporate slowly to try and get needles but as it's a full spectrum extraction they are by no means guaranteed.
A few years back I used this method and got a beautiful psychoactive oil that I infused passiflora with. If I was to do it again I would just use an inert herb as the passiflora seemed to blunt it with its sedation effects but was still very therapeutic and spiritual.

downwardsfromzero
#199 Posted : 8/5/2016 9:13:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

endlessness wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Can you expand on that?

I never used acetone with calcium hydroxide, only with sodium carbonate.

Slow getting back on this, but...

Acetone is less inert than some solvents and will self-condense under conditions of sufficient acidicity or basicity. This may lead to production of undesirable goo. Some recommend not leaving acetone on magnesium sulphate to dehydrate as magnesium sulphate acts as a Lewis acid.

Calcium hydroxide will almost certainly produce a similar condensation effect, being an actual Brønsted-Lowry base - and perhaps more readily - but a quick pull will probably be ok...

I've not systematically tested this out for myself (hence the use of 'almost certainly' and 'perhaps') although the condensation of acetone to produce diacetone alcohol, mesityl oxide, phorone and mesitylene is well known.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Inner Paths
#200 Posted : 8/18/2016 12:47:59 PM

Secretary of the Interior

Finally got around to bioassay on material I obtained from this tek from 25 grams of ACRB and it's nicely active. I ended up with goo which I chucked into some acetone and put onto some 10x caapi leaf for a nice mild changa.

Definitely noticed a difference being the first time I've sampled from ACRB compared to other plant sources. After the initial rush I noticed that a secondary effect creeps in after a few minutes. I'm guessing from the NMT that is in ACRB in significant doses. I quite enjoyed the difference. I only did two pulls and no clean ups so I'm guessing it's pretty full spectrum goo I have also.

Anyways, thanks endlessness, nice easy tek and perfect for a good changa.
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

«PREV89101112NEXT»