We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
ID Requests: Germany, Shroom [WITH PICS] Options

ricinante
#1 Posted : 7/26/2016 11:11:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone. It would be so amazing if someone can help me identify a shroom.

The shroom colony was found in the park.

Please help identify. Photos are attached.

Habitat:
The shroom is from Europe, Germany. The colony was growing in the grass.

Stem:
Short to middle in length, color white to gold-yellow, hollow, moderately thick.

Cap:
Yellow in color, spherical.

Spore print color:
BROWN

Bruising:
NO COLOR CHANGE WHEN BRUISING.

THANKS !
ricinante attached the following image(s):
DSC_0055.jpg (421kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
DSC_0057.jpg (662kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
DSC_0058.jpg (582kb) downloaded 164 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

acacian
#2 Posted : 7/26/2016 11:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my understanding is that it should have a purple spore print in addition to blue bruising.. but i'm only experienced in identifying the species that grow in my area over here in australia

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 7/26/2016 11:54:37 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

If you look for Psilocin, it should turn dark due to oxidation. For the ID, no idea.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Running Bear
#4 Posted : 7/27/2016 1:01:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't eat them. Even if someone on the nexus says there psilocybin mushrooms. Shrooms are nothing 2 play around with. there are poisonous mushrooms that look very similar to the magic ones. Pick them with someone that knows what they're looking for or grow them.

#5 Posted : 7/27/2016 6:26:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Possibly Lacrymaria velutina?
Do not eat, not what you are seeking.

ricinante
#6 Posted : 7/28/2016 7:31:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone,

ricinante
#7 Posted : 7/28/2016 7:32:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone else here has experience with European species ?

null24
#8 Posted : 7/29/2016 3:44:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Common grass mushrooms. Keep looking, do more research, one should be able to id these types of things before ever thinking about eating wild mushrooms. Of course, if long drawn out painful death is your thing, then... Although those would likely just give you a stomach ache that you wish would kill you.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 7/29/2016 3:54:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think those are Panaeolina foenisecii, take a spore print, if it's dark rust brown they are Panaeolina foenisecii...if the spore print is black they may be a panaeolus species, but honestly, from the pictures I would say you have Panaeolina foenisecii.

-eg

null24
#10 Posted : 7/29/2016 4:21:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here we go... They don't look like pans to me...more like psathyrella, but what do I know?
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 7/29/2016 4:29:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm 95% sure those are Panaeolina foenisecii.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 7/29/2016 4:36:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is a picture for comparison.

I have been collecting and studying panaeolus and Panaeolina fungi for the last four years, and can recognize them when I see them, I also keep in mind the variability in color and appearance of this species depending on the conditions and stage of growth, however, the picture makes it fairly clear to me that the OP has Panaeolina foenisecii.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
panaeolus_foenisecii_03.jpg (81kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 7/29/2016 4:47:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The comparison picture does not depict this, but there is a very distinctive cracking of the pileus in older specimens of Panaeolina foenisecii that is noticeable in the OPs pictures, plus the adnate, brown, gills hanging just below the pileus are consistent with Panaeolina foenisecii.

If the spore print is dark rust brown than you can pretty much be certain that those are Panaeolina foenisecii, though microscopic examination of the spores can give you 100% confirmation.

-eg

null24
#14 Posted : 7/29/2016 9:06:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Line I said, what do I know? Embarrased really, without a tinge of sarcasm, I know only how to identify certain quarry, pans not among them. However I still don't think the pics represent the description you offer - no offense. In OP's pics there is no "nipple",the gills are black and they are very small. I defer to your greater knowledge base until an identifier steps up -

in the meantime OP, don't eat those mushrooms!

They are not what OP is after, I know that much.

Speaking of pans, do you find cinctulus in your area and what is your opinion of them? Was thinking of heading a little South to check out some good habitat just for kicks and grins.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 7/29/2016 10:48:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Line I said, what do I know? Embarrased really, without a tinge of sarcasm, I know only how to identify certain quarry, pans not among them. However I still don't think the pics represent the description you offer - no offense. In OP's pics there is no "nipple",the gills are black and they are very small. I defer to your greater knowledge base until an identifier steps up -

in the meantime OP, don't eat those mushrooms!

They are not what OP is after, I know that much.

Speaking of pans, do you find cinctulus in your area and what is your opinion of them? Was thinking of heading a little South to check out some good habitat just for kicks and grins.

I honestly don't know if your a PHD holding mycologist or a person who couldn't tell Tubaria furfuracea from Psilocybe cyanescens...or a Mycena epipterygia from a psilocybe semilanceata, or worse yet, I've seen people confuse Conocybe apala for psilocybe semilanceata...seriously though I don't know if you are an expert or not, and thus could not tell if there was any sarcasm.

I can't tell anything 100% from the picture, there are no good images of the stipe. I'm confident they are Panaeolina foenisecii...

...the only other possibility is Agrocybe pediades, however their brighter yellowish color, waxy texture, and thick gold stipe should set them apart.

Until there are pictures of the stipe and a spore print, it's hard to say, I've been fooled by Agrocybe pediades in photo brfore, but never in person, there is an entirely different feel to them, and since I can't bend and snap the stipe (or even really see one in this case), or feel the texture of the cap in my hands, its hard to say.

I'm confident they are Panaeolina foenisecii, or maybe Agrocybe pediades, more information is needed before any definite conclusions could be reached.

As for your inquiry regarding panaeolus fungi, I don't consume them, I study and collect them.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=71186&find=unread

This thread explains everything (above)

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 7/29/2016 10:52:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Every time I review the OPs photos, specially the very bottom photograph, I think, "those are Panaeolina foenisecii", I mean more information is needed, but every time they look like Panaeolina foenisecii, the gills in the top photo.are a little iffy, but I have seen Panaeolina foenisecii gills look just like that, specially in older samples...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#17 Posted : 7/29/2016 10:54:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Those are Panaeolina foenisecii...

I'm pretty certain...

-eg

null24
#18 Posted : 7/29/2016 11:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, my knowledge base is limited to my experience, I'm really really not trying to sound sarcastic, I feel like a sitcom character, the more I try to alleviate any misunderstanding, I just dig a deeper hole, leading to hilarity. Or not so much.

I should have kept my mouth shut (fingers still?), must be going sun crazy up here in Cascadia, big orb is finally making an appearance and it's really, really... bright.

Jesus that thing is bright! Razz
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#19 Posted : 7/29/2016 11:31:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
If you look for Psilocin, it should turn dark due to oxidation. For the ID, no idea.

It's not entirely certain that this is what causes the blue bruising reaction...

the bruising may be due to psilocin oxidation to a 0-quinone by-product which is a dark blue color, or some say it is caused by psilocybin dephosphorlating to psilocin...

However

Many mushrooms blue that do not contain psilocin, Boletes and ploypores bruise blue a result of the oxidation of pulvinic acid derivatives, like variegatic, xerocomic, and atrotomentinic acid. Lactarius indigo is blue due to the presence of a compound called (7-isopropenyl-4-methylazulen-1-yl)methyl stearate. Entoloma hochstetteri gets its blue color from Azulene (bicyclo[5.3.0]decapentaene)...

Also, there are many species that contain psilocybin which do NOT bruise blue.

if the species you are seeking or that you think you have is known to blue, than this reaction is crucial to look for...

...but just going around looking for random mushrooms that turn blue in search for psilocybin is completely incorrect.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#20 Posted : 7/29/2016 11:32:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

It's not entirely certain that this is what causes the blue bruising reaction...

the bruising may be due to psilocin oxidation to a 0-quinone by-product which is a dark blue color, or some say it is caused by psilocybin dephosphorlating to psilocin...

However

Many mushrooms blue that do not contain psilocin, Boletes and ploypores bruise blue a result of the oxidation of pulvinic acid derivatives, like variegatic, xerocomic, and atrotomentinic acid. Lactarius indigo is blue due to the presence of a compound called (7-isopropenyl-4-methylazulen-1-yl)methyl stearate. Entoloma hochstetteri gets its blue color from Azulene (bicyclo[5.3.0]decapentaene)...

Also, there are many species that contain psilocybin which do NOT bruise blue.

if the species you are seeking or that you think you have is known to blue, than this reaction is crucial to look for...

...but just going around looking for random mushrooms that turn blue in search for psilocybin is completely incorrect.

-eg

12NEXT