We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
thoughts about "lazy" extraction process Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#1 Posted : 7/14/2016 6:52:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have never tried this...but it is so simple, I feel I should at least see how well it works.

I have MHRB, but was wondering if this process is viable with ACRB.

(Ratios: 500g MHRB, 200g NAOH, 3000 ml H20, 250+ ml of naphtha, as suggested by the lazy mans TEK)

If I took some old MHRB that I have, and placed it in a Pyrex dish, then added water, then added NAOH to the water as a means to brake down the plant cell walls freeing the DMT and to convert the dmt tannate or oxalate to DMT freebase, then if I allowed This mixture to sit for up to 24 hours, occasionally stirring, or mashing the mixture with a potato masher, then if I were to take VM&p naptha and were to gently mix it into this solution, then allowing the naptha and basic mixture to fully separate, then remixing,(this would be done several times), and the naptha would be left to float on the basic mixture, occasionally being mixed back in, then allowed to separate, for up to 24 hours.

Then the naptha would be siphoned off and added to a clean collection dish, where it could be freeze precipitated, or simply evaporated to obtain the DMT. If the DMT was freeze precipitated out, the naptha could then be returned to the basic mixture to leach up any DMT that may still be present (though the naptha would have to be warm, ideally, before returning to the basic mixture), then it would again be siphoned and precipitated...

Would the added duration even be beneficial?

Does it matter if my MHRB is powdered?

If I try this it will be with MHRB, but If I try this with ACRB, should I leave the bark in chunks or should I powder it? Does it matter? Will the NMT in ACRB make this procedure difficult?

Has anybody had good experiance with "lazy man" type extractions?

-eg

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jiva
#2 Posted : 7/14/2016 7:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

since the powdered MHBR has a bigger surface area it would be easier for the NAOH to break down the structures.
so if it is powdered it should be more effective.

i never tried such a tek but i think you would end up not being as efficient as lets say Cyb's Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek
also i think this would only be a good tek if you want to extract large quantities of DMT with minimal effort and you do not want to get every last bit of dmt out of your base material

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 7/14/2016 7:30:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:

since the powdered MHBR has a bigger surface area it would be easier for the NAOH to break down the structures.
so if it is powdered it should be more effective.

i never tried such a tek but i think you would end up not being as efficient as lets say Cyb's Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek
also i think this would only be a good tek if you want to extract large quantities of DMT with minimal effort and you do not want to get every last bit of dmt out of your base material

Agreed, I'm inclined to believe that almost any other extraction process would produce better results, I'm sure the extra effort pays off in the end...actually I almost know it does, only I have never tried a "lazy" extraction, so I can't know for sure until I experiment.

Cybs hybrid atb salt TEK works great for ACRB extraction, and generally I would be using a variation of this TEK.

In this case, I have a bunch of old MHRB, and have always been curious about "lazy" extraction procedures, I'm not so much concerned about the end product, so much as I am interested in just seeing how well the process works. since my interest is in experimenting with the process, and not necessarily in yielding an end product for any specific reason, I figured even if it goes wrong the knowledge was the pay off.

-eg

jiva
#4 Posted : 7/14/2016 7:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure the extra effort pays off in the end...actually I almost know it does, only I have never tried a "lazy" extraction, so I can't know for sure until I experiment.

i just did Cypbs hybrid ATB salt tek on 50g of old MHRB, before that i did a variation of Dream Weavers STC tek without acid phase.
i only did 2 pulls so far on the new batch and i did not put the results on a scale, but so far it seems that the extra effort of doing a acid phase and salting it does pay off - at least if you are looking for quality and do not desire huge quantities.

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 7/14/2016 9:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always do a straight to base extraction with MHRB then I re-x the dmt twice with naphtha. My STB yields are just as good if not better than if I would have done a hybrid atb salt extraction. ACRB is the complete opposite. With ACRB I have to do a hybrid atb salt extraction and re-x a few times to get the purity that I want.

ijahdan
#6 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:14:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Longer soaking time is definitely beneficial when using shredded bark as it allows more cell breakdown to occur. I leave it 48 hours before pulling and then do a pull a day for about 5 days.

Last time I did a 30 min pressure cook before basing, and also did a super saturated soak for a few hours using the full amount of NaOH with minimal amount of water, porridge like consistancy, before adding the rest of the water. Got my best yield yet this way, 1.9% from the same bark that only gave 1% from nomans tek with powdered bark. I did use xylene instead of naphtha though.

Even with the extra pc stage, it was still not very taxing or time consuming. Each pull only took about half an hour.

InLaKesh
#7 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:32:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anybody had good experiance with "lazy man" type extractions?

I did it twice. (with older prepowderd Mimosa)

The first time i just got a small yield , because the naphta did not sperate properly.

The second time i got a way better result with combining the Lazyman method with the ratios from the Nomans Tek. (at the bottom,in the Remarks):
100g mimosa - 1500ml water - 150g lye

And there is no need to wait so long with powderd bark.

And i used a big glass container with a smaler neck, no bowl.
Take care.
Smile
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

InLaKesh
#8 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:32:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry

InLaKesh
#9 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first i could not post

InLaKesh
#10 Posted : 7/14/2016 11:44:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

suddenly this Smile

Spaced Out 2
#11 Posted : 7/15/2016 10:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always used the lazy man tek, with the exception of doing Cybs a couple times. That being said I get virtually the same results with my ACRB. With the lazy man it usually takes me a week to finally complete all pulls and then I do EWs mini a/b, I have seen snow that's not as white as my spice. My schedule is pretty full during the week. With this method I can take my time if needed, which is usually the case due to distractions.

I can't say anything for MHRB as I've never had access to it. If it's in chunks then yeah I'd let it sit in the basic solution for a few days to break it down and mash it up. You probably wouldn't need the clean up stage on MH but again not sure.

I will continue to use the lazy man's tek from here on out because personally I get great results from it.

Peace

NotTwo
#12 Posted : 7/15/2016 3:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I took some old MHRB that I have, and placed it in a Pyrex dish, then added water, then added NAOH to the water as a means to brake down the plant cell walls freeing the DMT and to convert the dmt tannate or oxalate to DMT freebase, then if I allowed This mixture to sit for up to 24 hours, occasionally stirring, or mashing the mixture with a potato masher

My methods even lazier. I put the whole root bark, unground, uncut, into a jar with the NaOH solution and leave it there for 2 weeks, giving it a mash about every third day. I then do a pull every week for 3 weeks. Not for anyone who's in a hurry Big grin

PS I also tend to use more solvent than most suggest which cuts down on pulls. After each pull I semi evap it then let the white crystals form slowly.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 7/29/2016 3:11:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all the input, I'm going to run this extraction fairly soon, I had a cactus die, and had to run a mescaline extract, it was work I was not planning on doing, and it really messed up my schedule, though I did yield 1.37g mescaline citrate out of it all, any way, I'm looking forward to running this extraction...

So when you guys run this work-up, you freeze precipitate the DMT from the naptha, then return the naptha to the basic solution to leach up more DMT, now, how many times are you doing this, 3? More?

-eg

jiva
#14 Posted : 7/29/2016 3:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i did this 5 times to make sure i pulled out all the dmt, but the 5th pull was just 30mg
with this lazy tek i think i would do 4 pulls and if the 4th yealds more than ~60mg i would do another pull

Running Bear
#15 Posted : 7/29/2016 4:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I put my naphtha in the freezer because it seems to pull out more DMT If its cold. I pull 6 times if not more and i always freeze precipitate. For the last pulls I like to give the solution a hot water bath.

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 7/29/2016 9:08:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
i did this 5 times to make sure i pulled out all the dmt, but the 5th pull was just 30mg
with this lazy tek i think i would do 4 pulls and if the 4th yealds more than ~60mg i would do another pull

Very helpful, thank you very much.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#17 Posted : 7/29/2016 9:13:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
I put my naphtha in the freezer because it seems to pull out more DMT If its cold. I pull 6 times if not more and i always freeze precipitate. For the last pulls I like to give the solution a hot water bath.

DMT is soluble in hot naptha, but in insoluble in cold naptha.

So you want it warm to hot when pulling DMT from the basic "soup", and as cold as possible when precipitating DMT crystals.

-eg

Running Bear
#18 Posted : 7/29/2016 10:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:

DMT is soluble in hot naptha, but in insoluble in cold naptha.

So you want it warm to hot when pulling DMT from the basic "soup", and as cold as possible when precipitating DMT crystals.

-eg

I guess that does make sense haha. I tried it on my last extraction with the first couple pulls and got good results. my solution was warm and it was probably good bark.
Embarrased lol

Spaced Out 2
#19 Posted : 7/30/2016 12:57:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NotTwo wrote:
If I took some old MHRB that I have, and placed it in a Pyrex dish, then added water, then added NAOH to the water as a means to brake down the plant cell walls freeing the DMT and to convert the dmt tannate or oxalate to DMT freebase, then if I allowed This mixture to sit for up to 24 hours, occasionally stirring, or mashing the mixture with a potato masher

My methods even lazier. I put the whole root bark, unground, uncut, into a jar with the NaOH solution and leave it there for 2 weeks, giving it a mash about every third day. I then do a pull every week for 3 weeks. Not for anyone who's in a hurry Big grin

PS I also tend to use more solvent than most suggest which cuts down on pulls. After each pull I semi evap it then let the white crystals form slowly.

I would have to agree I'm with NotTwo, I tend to use an excess amount of solvent, it just seems that I get better yields this way and I just keep doing pulls until bark is exhausted, and number of pulls is just dependant upon bark quality I would say.

Keep us posted on how it goes EG

Peace