We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Does anyone have an irresistible urge to tell people about their experiences? Options

nina
#21 Posted : 6/26/2016 7:23:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I recently wrote a book about my experiences (and posted a PDF in the music/art/literature section). Smile

It was a lot of fun!

I love sharing my experiences with people, but it's hard to find people with open minds (and people who have tried DMT and other psychedelics). I don't mind listening though. Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 7/1/2016 5:31:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There is more misinformation and myths and misunderstandings regarding psychedelics than just about anything else on the planet...

So I think it's important that the people who have actually gotten to know these compounds share about them...

...if nothing else it will help clear up the nonsense out there.

The problem I have found is that these people have no reference for what youre talking about, and will always misunderstand...the goal should be sharing honestly with people, and hopefully those people will eventually try the compounds for themselves.

I often see people who do not have psychedelic experiance as being psychologically neotenized in a sense, and at times feel everybody should have at least some psychedelic experiance, but that's a whole other conversation.

Regardless, sharing accurate information is important, when people understand the relation of these compounds to endogenous neurotransmitters, and when they realize that these psychedelics are not poisons, they do not mimic or generate insanity, they do not kill you, and that they actually have many benefits, it may help un-do much of the damage done by drug war propaganda and urban myths...

Also, the vivid descriptions may help encourage others to investigate and maybe even consume these compounds, provided that you can describe these things in a way that people will understand.

-eg

fritchit
#23 Posted : 7/2/2016 9:03:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

YES!! Its so magical we can't help ourselves!! thats what happens with the medicine we always want to help people discover it after! check out this video!! i have many more of my experiences but this place is amazing!!!

REMOVED

โ—‹
#24 Posted : 7/2/2016 9:42:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

fritchit wrote:
YES!! Its so magical we can't help ourselves!! thats what happens with the medicine we always want to help people discover it after! check out this video!! i have many more of my experiences but this place is amazing!!!

REMOVED

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=61103

I think you need to have a read of this. First you advertise in your intro, then this, then coming into chat trying to advertise. Laughing

SachiTheSearcher
#25 Posted : 7/2/2016 10:04:38 AM
D.ont M.iss T.his

I really do understand what your talking about. For some reason humans have reached a point of empathy where it's almost assumed. We can't help but think k that if something makes us happy it should have the same affect on the next individual. It's part of what makes us human. I think it all comes down to compassion. It takes a special love to want to share something that truely makes you happy or made a drastic impact. Bit we must remain humble in our growth or it is only a momentary stumble forward
come with my arms, eyes and wings spread wide.

entheogenic-gnosis
#26 Posted : 7/22/2016 3:24:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

in response to the initial question which was the basis for this thread:

"Does anyone else feel this weird, unresistable urge to tell people about their experiences?"

When Giordano brunu extended the copernican model, and pushed his theories, should he have kept that to himself? Honestly consider this question, keeping in mind what happened to bruno.

Great thinkers with great ideas tend to share them, those who have become awakened to some truth MUST share it, even at their own expense, the distribution of the higher truth they came upon justifies all in the end...I think this is what fueled tim Leary, the mckenna brothers, sasha shulgin, Huxley, owsley stanly, Nick sand, Ken kesey, Casey hardison, and so on

If something is compelling you to share with others, it's likely bigger than yourself or your own personal situation or fate.

Quote:
Vietnam veteran was overheard rebuking the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, about his unswerving dedication to non-violence.
"You're a fool," said the veteran - "what if someone had wiped out all the Buddhists in the world and you were the last one left. Would you not try to kill the person who was trying to kill you, and in doing so save Buddhism?!"
Thich Nhat Hanh answered patiently "It would be better to let him kill me. If there is any truth to Buddhism and the Dharma it will not disappear from the face of the earth, but will reappear when seekers of truth are ready to rediscover it.
"In killing I would be betraying and abandoning the very teachings I would be seeking to preserve. So it would be better to let him kill me and remain true to the spirit of the Dharma."

-quoted from BBC religion page

If there is any truth to psychedelics and the psychedelic experiance it will not disappear from the face of the earth, but will reappear when seekers of truth are ready to rediscover it.

Maybe this is why those who dream to spread psychedelia often sacrifice themselves in the process, they know that spreading psychedelics is going to upset the establishment, and may result in serious consequences, however the truth is bigger than the individual...

Though with the dharma, it's suspected that it would eventually arise again, just out of the nature of being truth, with psychedelics I think this is the case, they actually had disappeared from the mass consciousness for quite some time, until LSD, which was like a modern shamanic explosion, a chemist set to find drugs for vassocontriction, the birth process, migraines, etc..stumbled upon LSD, and there was a rebirth of psychedelia...

So even if they manage to destroy psychedelic compounds and philosophy, I feel it will eventually be rediscovered, as shamanism, true shamanism was going extinct, LSD was discovered...

This doesn't mean we can just give up and allow ourselves to be destroyed though, I feel talk is pretty useless, I've been talking with people about these compounds for years, and it changes very little, people MUST try these compounds for thenselves, people deserve free access to these compounds...kesey and Leary had the right dream, Leary made many many mistakes, kesey not as much, though maybe kesey and his camp had a little growing up to do (I.e. when the pranksters would put LSD in people's food without telling them, they thought they were doing these people a favor, it's behaviors like this which needed to be grown out of) though I think kesey did it right for the most part...

The world needs a psychedelic re-awakening, and LSD is the most efficient way to go, a single chemist with a micro-lab could produce 7g or more in a single weekend, easily, that's roughly 70,000 100ug doses, from a single chemist...with the political environment of today LSD is what's missing, people want change, and I feel change occurs best with psychedelic ethics guiding it...

I got off topic...

-eg

Ulim
#27 Posted : 7/24/2016 12:56:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To the OP

I cant stop talking about my trips.
I even talk about it to people which are more reserved towards psychedelics.
But ofc all those people wont call me out to the police.

Some got really curious and wanted me to tell them everything I know.

During the trips I dont stop talking too when somebody is present.
I also consider myself to be one of the types of persons that get very active when they take drugs.
Even strong sedatives cant shut me up.

I think its not a bad thing if you describe your trip. It actually helps you grasp everything your experience.

entheogenic-gnosis
#28 Posted : 7/29/2016 3:47:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think sharing your experiences is half the battle.

If there were not so many intelligent individuals promoting these compounds, their use certainly would be threatened...

Most people I talk today are incredibly ignorant regarding psychedelics, they have heard all the nonsense myths, though have never touched the compounds themselves, and when you listen to their ideas about what they think these compounds do, its laughable.

I think if you take these compounds and fail to share with others, you being incredibly selfish, because it's not just about what they can do for you, it's about what these compounds could do for the species.

I talk about psychedelic compounds a with everybody, seriously, everybody, and never once has it got me in any kind of trouble, and even if it did, I would not stop. This is not a costume, I'm not "psychedelic" only if I'm in the proper company, it's more important to bring the issue outside of the psychedelic community, I'll speak my case to authority figures, co-workers, strangers, etc...anybody and everybody.

Quote:
In the Middle Ages, the church forbade dissection of human bodies, and medical students would visit battlefields and the gallows at night, and steal the bodies of victims of war and executed prisoners, in order to learn human physiology. Where that spirit of scientific courage has gone, I don't know; but there is very little of it left. -terence mckenna

The fact of the matter is, the laws restricting the use of psychedelic compounds are unjust and ill-founded, and to conform to these laws simply because you are afraid of what might happen to you if you don't is the exact type of cowardice that has allowed the oppressors to get as far as they have...

Quote:
Progress of human civilization in the area of defining human freedom is not made from the top down. No king, no parliament, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think we've come to a place with this psychedelic issue. And we have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities, the ethnic communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, we just celebrated the birthday. It ain't going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You can't run your computers, your fashion houses, your publishing houses, your damn magazines, you can't do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken truth of American Creativity. So I think it's basically time to just come out of the closet and go, "You know what, I'm stoned, and I'm proud, and if that's a problem for you, then buddy, you got a problem. -terence mckenna

I don't see my enthusiasm for psychedelics as something to be ashamed of, of something that needs to be hidden and kept to myself, I've dedicated my life to these compounds, and will gladly promote them, to anybody, regardless of what they may threaten me with...besides, words are legal, I'm able to say whatever I want, and if that puts suspicions on me, so be it.

-eg

Chaska
#29 Posted : 7/31/2016 12:09:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i felt the compulsion to share my passion immediately after enter the world of psychedelia

this drive has since faded as time passed, not for better or worse

grow plants, make tea, love life

Christine Breese
#30 Posted : 8/14/2016 1:05:22 AM

Christine Breese

how can you describe the undescribable? impossible!
Save the world! It's the only one with chocolate!

Nope
#31 Posted : 8/14/2016 6:15:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have learned the hard way to not discuss psychedelics, martial arts, or music with anyone without first receiving some unmistakable signal that they know what they're talking about. Otherwise you end up so bogged down in some useless mire of misunderstandings it's difficult to see anyway to work your way out.

Especially if you live in a college town or anywhere with a party scene, people will interpret your story of face to face contact with surrealistic divine wisdom the same way they do as any story anyone else has ever told them about when they were sooooo drunk bro!

Also, what is there to say? All that comes up are more questions that none of us know the answer to and another round of useless arguing about words and what they mean. The truly wise simply get on with the business of day to day life.

I strongly disagree with above point about strict nonviolence, and would love to point out the Buddha died from tainted pork. Zen Buddhism and Bushido along with the Bhagavad Gita do a fantastic job of explaining how recreational or habitual violence is certain to bring ruin on the one in question, and at least as much ruin will spring forward from an absolute adherence to pacifism. Both are extremes to be avoided.

Any God that would punish you for protecting yourself or those too weak to defend themselves is not God at all, and therefore we need not worry.
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

entheogenic-gnosis
#32 Posted : 8/14/2016 2:55:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Christine Breese wrote:
how can you describe the undescribable? impossible!

Quote:
Metaphorically, DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once one knows about it, it is very hard for others to understand what one is talking about. One cannot be heard. The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand. This is why I think people who attain enlightenment, if we may for a moment comap these two, are silent. They are silent because we cannot understand them. Why the phenomenon of tryptamine ecstasy has not been looked at by scientists, thrill seekers, or anyone else, I am not sure, but I recommend it to your attention.

~ Terence McKenna,

However, I still think there is benefit in interpreting your experiences in a way which can help teach others, or at least give them a small glimpse of the lessons which were conveyed to you through these entheogenic substances.

It really isn't about what these substances can do for you, it's about what they can do for the species...there were early technology developers which admit many of the ideas had psychedelic sources, and in a way the psychedelic wave of the mid to late 60s and early 70s served to generate our modern technological world...

Again:

Quote:
We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You canโ€™t run your computers, your fashion houses, your publishing houses, your damn magazines, you canโ€™t do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. -terence mckenna

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#33 Posted : 8/14/2016 3:23:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nope wrote:
I have learned the hard way to not discuss psychedelics, martial arts, or music with anyone without first receiving some unmistakable signal that they know what they're talking about. Otherwise you end up so bogged down in some useless mire of misunderstandings it's difficult to see anyway to work your way out.

Especially if you live in a college town or anywhere with a party scene, people will interpret your story of face to face contact with surrealistic divine wisdom the same way they do as any story anyone else has ever told them about when they were sooooo drunk bro!

Also, what is there to say? All that comes up are more questions that none of us know the answer to and another round of useless arguing about words and what they mean. The truly wise simply get on with the business of day to day life.

I strongly disagree with above point about strict nonviolence, and would love to point out the Buddha died from tainted pork. Zen Buddhism and Bushido along with the Bhagavad Gita do a fantastic job of explaining how recreational or habitual violence is certain to bring ruin on the one in question, and at least as much ruin will spring forward from an absolute adherence to pacifism. Both are extremes to be avoided.

Any God that would punish you for protecting yourself or those too weak to defend themselves is not God at all, and therefore we need not worry.

I'll start from the bottom up here:

Buddhism never mentions "God" or a "creator deity", I would go more into detail here, but the fact that my point in this case was not philosophical or theological thus negates the necessity to do so.

Again, the point had nothing to do with non-violence, you have to take the quotation in context with the rest of the post, it was an example of how even if the dominators managed to destroy the last psychedelic person and substance, that being higher truth, it would naturally re-emerge into the stream of existence...

Here's an example, psychedelic compounds and Entheogenic practice was nearly extinct in the west, then, a Swiss chemist investigating ergot for mundane medical research creates "LSD-25", sandoz says "it's uninteresting, move on", so he does, though later he performs a synthesis, on his own, and "accidentally" gets LSD in his system, then a week or so later he does a controlled experiment, and the world has LSD...

Why did he re-synthesize the compound? And how did it get in his system?

Below Nichols describes his theory that Hoffman had a mystical experience and attributes it to.LSD, my theory is that Hoffman intentionally ingested LSD that first time, though a skilled chemist synthesizing and consuming an unknown compound is irresponsible behavior which could have cost him his job, so he claimed it "accidentally" got in his system.

Just for fun here is Nichols theory:
Quote:
We know that Albert originally synthesized LSD in 1938 as part of an ambitious program to make a number of lysergamides. LSD-25 was only the 25th in the series. I actually don't know how many of those compounds he made, but let's assume he only made 30. So we had up to 30 in the series. He may have made many more actually, but at least say 30. And they were all tested; he sent the pharmacology department LSD-25, 24, 23... and so forth. They then say, "LSD-25: not interesting." The assays of that day really didn't provide much information; they were very unsophisticated. But five years later, Albert has a hunch that the pharmacology department missed something on this 25th in the series.

Now that's kind of peculiar. I'm familiar with the drug industry, and I've actually started a small company myself. Imagine you're a musician, and you've created this musical piece. It's really wonderful; it's one of the best pieces you've ever written; you play it for people, they think it's great. And this one artist comes down. He's very creative but he has no musical talent at all, really tone deaf, he listens to your music and he says, "Man that sucks. You missed something. There's something missing." Now you as a musician are probably going to have some sort of a gut reaction to that. And even though the pharmacologist at Sandoz was probably a friend of Albert's, can you imagine this chemist coming down the hall and saying, "You know, I made this compound five years ago, out of this whole series, and there's this one compound, LSD-25, that you said was uninteresting... but you must have missed something. I just have this 'peculiar presentiment,' this strange hunch that you missed something." You're going to look at Albert and say, "You know, really, I'm an expert in pharmacology Albert. We tested it very well."

The Germans and the Swiss are very precise chemists, and pharmacologists, and scientists. There wouldn't have been any question about this being somehow mis-analyzed the first time.

This is another interesting point. Why the 25th? We know that only the 25th in the series was active. Any other compound that he made -- and I've made many of them, we've tested many of them -- none of the others approach LSD, either in its sophistication or in its potency. Only the 25th. And this is unusual. In pharmacology often you have a regular series. If we think of things like DOB, and DOI, there's a kind of regular progression. They all fit into a kind of subgenus. And LSD doesn't. We don't call the other members of the series Albert made as LSD something or other, but if we had LSD-23, 24 and 26, they would all be one-tenth the activity of LSD-25. Peculiar presentiment indeed!

As I've said, Swiss and German chemists have a reputation -- today and back then -- for being absolutely meticulous. If we had gone into Albert's lab at Sandoz in 1943, we would probably have found everything in its place, organized in an obsessively neat manner. No dirty glassware, no trash on the floor, meticulous. How in the world did a meticulous Swiss chemist get 50 to 75 micrograms or more of LSD into his body? We don't know.

Another fact: I've made LSD in my lab on many occasions for research purposes, possibly in not so meticulous a manner as Albert Hofmann. Nothing ever happened. I had several graduate students who made LSD as an intermediate for projects. No accidental ingestion of LSD ever occurred. A technician in my lab makes it routinely because we use it as a drug to train our rats. He's learned by experience that he never gets high, nothing ever happens. And yesterday I was talking to Nick Sand, and Nick said, "I made a solution of LSD in DMSOโ€ฆ" -- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a chemical that greatly enhances absorption of other chemicals through the skin -- he says, "โ€ฆI painted it on my skin. Nothing happened." A concentrated solution and nothing happened! How did this very meticulous Swiss chemist get the LSD into his body? I don't know.

The other fact we need to think about is when Albert was a child, he had a spontaneous mystical experience. Now depending on whether you're a psychologist or a psychiatrist or whatever, we could say that Albert had a predisposition to altered states of consciousness.

So what facts do we know? I'm going to formulate a hypothesis. He took a dose that by your consensus should have lasted certainly more than two hours, but it only lasted two hours. He was a meticulous chemist -- a Swiss chemist. Anyone I know who's worked with LSD -- and Nick Sand painted a solution of it on his arm -- didn't get high. This doesn't make sense. And what is this peculiar presentiment? Why the 25th in the series? Inexplicable! And, he was predisposed to altered states of consciousness.

The only hypothesis I can come up with that's consistent with all of these facts is that on April 16, 1943, Albert Hofmann did not get LSD in his body at all. He had a spontaneous mystical experience! https://www.erowid.org/g...indstates4_nichols.shtml

So as you can see, the west had been virtually devoid of Entheogenic culture since eleusis, then, in a seemingly random manner, an Entheogenic explosion occurs with Albert Hoffman and the following LSD waves, reintroducing psychedelics into western culture.

So as you can see, in this context it had nothing to do with non-violence, it was simply saying that even if psychedelic culture was destroyed and the last psychedelic promoter was killed, that as a higher truth, one way or another, psychedelics would return to the mass consciousness.

As for the rest of your comments, I really don't care if I'm understood or not, I'll plant the seeds of knowledge regardless of how infertile the soil, you would be surprised how often something's actually grows from it.

I think everything stated in this initial post explains my position, and fits in perfect response to your comments:

Quote:

I think sharing your experiences is half the battle.

If there were not so many intelligent individuals promoting these compounds, their use certainly would be threatened...

Most people I talk today are incredibly ignorant regarding psychedelics, they have heard all the nonsense myths, though have never touched the compounds themselves, and when you listen to their ideas about what they think these compounds do, its laughable.

I think if you take these compounds and fail to share with others, you being incredibly selfish, because it's not just about what they can do for you, it's about what these compounds could do for the species.

I talk about psychedelic compounds a with everybody, seriously, everybody, and never once has it got me in any kind of trouble, and even if it did, I would not stop. This is not a costume, I'm not "psychedelic" only if I'm in the proper company, it's more important to bring the issue outside of the psychedelic community, I'll speak my case to authority figures, co-workers, strangers, etc...anybody and everybody.

Quote:
In the Middle Ages, the church forbade dissection of human bodies, and medical students would visit battlefields and the gallows at night, and steal the bodies of victims of war and executed prisoners, in order to learn human physiology. Where that spirit of scientific courage has gone, I don't know; but there is very little of it left. -terence mckenna

The fact of the matter is, the laws restricting the use of psychedelic compounds are unjust and ill-founded, and to conform to these laws simply because you are afraid of what might happen to you if you don't is the exact type of cowardice that has allowed the oppressors to get as far as they have...

Quote:
Progress of human civilization in the area of defining human freedom is not made from the top down. No king, no parliament, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think we've come to a place with this psychedelic issue. And we have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities, the ethnic communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, we just celebrated the birthday. It ain't going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You can't run your computers, your fashion houses, your publishing houses, your damn magazines, you can't do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken truth of American Creativity. So I think it's basically time to just come out of the closet and go, "You know what, I'm stoned, and I'm proud, and if that's a problem for you, then buddy, you got a problem. -terence mckenna

I don't see my enthusiasm for psychedelics as something to be ashamed of, of something that needs to be hidden and kept to myself, I've dedicated my life to these compounds, and will gladly promote them, to anybody, regardless of what they may threaten me with...besides, words are legal, I'm able to say whatever I want, and if that puts suspicions on me, so be it.

-eg

Nope
#34 Posted : 8/14/2016 8:35:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think you took an aside of my post and extrapolated wildly. I did not mean to imply Buddhist tenants demanded a God, but as a further aside the do mention the Ultimate Self.

I was simply talking about Buddhism in general. You are obviously free to talk with who you want about whatever you want, but telling people with no ability to interpret your story about your experiences is going to lead a misunderstanding at best and you being seen as probably a slightly annoying person that talks about things nobody cares about or understands at best.

I am not trying to sway you either way, I am being honest about my experience. In my experience most people will smile and tell you they understand when they don't just so it doesn't seem like you have an advantage over them somehow.

I have had incredible success with long relationships over time where you gently lead them to psychedelics. Post videos of comedians and interesting people talking about them instead of trying to tell them yourself. Bill hicks probably made more sense to non-users than you ever will, regardless of what you think.

The nonviolence thing is very near and dear to my heart as a lover of the plant world and a lifetime martial artist. Most people do not understand the bridge between the two.

Psychedelics may have disappeared from the Western culture, but that is from a thousand years of it being a killable offense to so much as draw a circle on the ground, let alone experiment with plant effects on consciousness.

Peyote, mushrooms and dmt rich organisms abound in the West. It was the Western Mind that abandoned the plants.

I have only love for all of you, just sharing my perspective.
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

dragonrider
#35 Posted : 8/14/2016 11:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The urge to talk about my experiences is one of the reasons i'm here, on the DMT-nexus. I know that many people are interested/intrigued by psychedelic's, but also afraid of what they might be capable of. If you've taken the plunge, then you've obviously overcome that fear. But most people, i think, haven't. Most people still have some kind of fear of psychedelic's. That's one of the reasons why it's so difficult to talk about the psychedelic experience.
So the thing is: we no longer have that same sense of fear. We have different kind of fears, but not that same initial fear. And because we no longer have it, it is almost as dificult for us to relate to their perspective for us, as it is for them to relate to ours.

entheogenic-gnosis
#36 Posted : 8/16/2016 3:55:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

we must not feel that just because some people don't care or don't understand or simply don't want you to promote psychedelics that this is a reason not to do it.

Your playing directly into the behavior which the oppressors would prefer when when you remain silent.

It's also incredibly selfish, this is not about what the compounds can do for you, it's what they can do for humanity as a whole.

I've dedicated my life to these compounds, this is not a costume, I'm not psychedelic only when it suits my social surroundings. I'm not able to deny who I am, like I said, I will plant the seeds of knowledge no matter how infertile the soil, just in the hope that something will grow from it.

By refusing to speak about these things you are handing the narrative regarding them over to the people who wish to destroy them...

Quote:
โ€œProgress of human civilization in the area of defining human freedom is not made from the top down. No king, no parliment, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think weโ€™ve come to a place with this psycedelic issue. And we have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities, the ethnic communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, we just celebrated the birthday. It ainโ€™t going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You canโ€™t run your computers, your fashion houses, your publishing houses, your damn magazines, you canโ€™t do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken of American Creativity. So I think itโ€™s basically time to just come out of the closet and go, โ€œYou know what, Iโ€™m stoned, and Iโ€™m proud, and if that's a problem for you, then fella, you got a problem!
Terence McKenna

Again, this was never answered:
When Giordano brunu extended the copernican model, and pushed his theories, should he have kept that to himself? Honestly consider this question, keeping in mind what happened to bruno.

Those who have become awakened to some truth MUST share it, even at their own expense, the distribution of the higher truth they came upon justifies all in the end...I think this is what fueled tim Leary, the mckenna brothers, sasha shulgin, Huxley, owsley stanly, Nick sand, Ken kesey, Casey hardison, and so on

If something is compelling you to share with others, it's likely bigger than yourself or your own personal situation or fate...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#37 Posted : 8/16/2016 5:06:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nope wrote:
I think you took an aside of my post and extrapolated wildly. I did not mean to imply Buddhist tenants demanded a God, but as a further aside the do mention the Ultimate Self.

I was simply talking about Buddhism in general. You are obviously free to talk with who you want about whatever you want, but telling people with no ability to interpret your story about your experiences is going to lead a misunderstanding at best and you being seen as probably a slightly annoying person that talks about things nobody cares about or understands at best.

I am not trying to sway you either way, I am being honest about my experience. In my experience most people will smile and tell you they understand when they don't just so it doesn't seem like you have an advantage over them somehow.

I have had incredible success with long relationships over time where you gently lead them to psychedelics. Post videos of comedians and interesting people talking about them instead of trying to tell them yourself. Bill hicks probably made more sense to non-users than you ever will, regardless of what you think.

The nonviolence thing is very near and dear to my heart as a lover of the plant world and a lifetime martial artist. Most people do not understand the bridge between the two.

Psychedelics may have disappeared from the Western culture, but that is from a thousand years of it being a killable offense to so much as draw a circle on the ground, let alone experiment with plant effects on consciousness.

Peyote, mushrooms and dmt rich organisms abound in the West. It was the Western Mind that abandoned the plants.

I have only love for all of you, just sharing my perspective.

I took what from your post? There was some typographical error.

I can assure you, none of my extrapolations were "wild"

Speaking of extrapolations it seems I may have been misunderstood.

The issue of why psychedelic use a had been largely absent from western culture was irrelevant in this situation, the point of the statement involved higher truths re-emerging from seemingly nothingness without precedent...

That was all I was trying to say, it was not related to why psychedelics were absent in western culture, or the geographic distribution of Entheogenic plants, and I was not attempting to discuss Buddhist philosophy, non-violence, spirituality or theology.

Returning to the initial topic of this thread I'm reminded of a quote by HG wells:

Quote:
โ€œCivilization is in a race between education and catastrophe. Let us learn the truth and spread it as far and wide as our circumstances allow. For the truth is the greatest weapon we have.โ€
โ€• H.G. Wells

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#38 Posted : 8/16/2016 6:05:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
The urge to talk about my experiences is one of the reasons i'm here, on the DMT-nexus. I know that many people are interested/intrigued by psychedelic's, but also afraid of what they might be capable of. If you've taken the plunge, then you've obviously overcome that fear. But most people, i think, haven't. Most people still have some kind of fear of psychedelic's. That's one of the reasons why it's so difficult to talk about the psychedelic experience.
So the thing is: we no longer have that same sense of fear. We have different kind of fears, but not that same initial fear. And because we no longer have it, it is almost as dificult for us to relate to their perspective for us, as it is for them to relate to ours.

In a way I can understand these people's fears, but I always want to ask:

How can you fear an experience you have never had?

You don't know enough to be afraid.

Fear is a product of ignorance. If people are afraid of psychedelics tell them to go to the library or go online (though be discerning, there's a good deal of misinformation online), lend them your copy of PIHKAL/TIHKAL or your old terence mckenna books, refer them to Dr. David E. Nichols a highly regarded psychedelic expert, who also happened to be the head of pharmacology at Purdue university, tell them to explore www.maps.org, tell them that "DMT: the spirit molecule" is on Netflix...

Fear is a result of ignorance and misunderstanding. There can be no empathy without understanding, so regardless if these people are willing to explore psychedelics themselves it's important that they are as educated on the topic as possible, and come to understand their value and understand your involvement with them and empathize with your cause.

Education is key. Not just with psychedelics, with everything. your perpetual ignorance plays into the hands of all the wrong people...but that's another topic.

Quote:

I will add a cautionary note. I always feel odd telling people to verify my observations since the sine qua non is the hallucinogenic plant. Experimenters should be very careful. One must build up to the experience. These are bizarre dimensions of extraordinary power and beauty. There is no set rule to avoid being overwhelmed, but move carefully, reflect a great deal, and always try to map experiences back onto the history of the race and the philosophical and religious accomplishments of the species. All the compounds are potentially dangerous, and all compounds, at sufficient doses or repeated over time, involve risks. The library is the first place to go when looking into taking a new compound. -terence mckenna

-eg

Final Incarnate
#39 Posted : 8/16/2016 6:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim does but Swim more less wants to w8 bit more to put it into words a lil better, otherwise Swim can really only mention bits like, Self Replicating AI, booting to animal mode etc.

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story

PREV12