We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Windows 10 anti spy tool Options

Ufostrahlen
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 12:05:48 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

For those who love living the dangerous life and having Win10 as a OS:

Quote:
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far.
Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Legit software from an established software company. I got the recommendation from the largest and most famous German IT magazine: http://www.heise.de/ct/a...tschlossene-3277128.html (DE only)
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Valmar
#2 Posted : 7/25/2016 12:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No doubt Microsoft will look for ways around this...
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 7/25/2016 1:20:41 PM

Valmar wrote:
No doubt Microsoft will look for ways around this...

It's actually a feature by Microsoft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_Policy
I think the "spy functions" are for the common naive user. Large corporations will go batshit crazy if MS spys on their computers. This could mean that they loose corporate users to Linux and the whole business model is ruined. Yet it may still contain a NSA backdoor for real threats or lucrative industrial espionage.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

tseuq
#4 Posted : 7/25/2016 2:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about the "free" update to win10 in general? Yes - no? I am using win7 atm. Razz

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Ufostrahlen
#5 Posted : 7/25/2016 2:56:42 PM

tseuq wrote:
What about the "free" update to win10 in general? Yes - no? I am using win7 atm. Razz

tseuq

If you want to live the extravagant and dangerous lifestyle of Win10 user, do it while its free (only 4 days left and you need to upgrade in a few years anyway unless you switch to Linux). I doubt that it collects more data than Win7, unless you switch off the numerous smart apps with that tool. Personally, I need Win10 for my printer, but I wouldn't mind running it in a VM via Qubes OS. I'm just too lazy atm.

Edit: if you're from the US, Win10 is not the best option as an OS, the NSA capabilities are superior to EU intel capabilities. Also the laws are different (FISA etc.), that's why I'm more cheerful about Win10. In the US I'd plug out my thumb and put Win10 in a VM.

a1pha
#6 Posted : 7/25/2016 4:23:09 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Edit: if you're from the US, Win10 is not the best option as an OS, the NSA capabilities are superior to EU intel capabilities. Also the laws are different (FISA etc.), that's why I'm more cheerful about Win10. In the US I'd plug out my thumb and put Win10 in a VM.

FWIW, NSA peaks into Win10 through MS telemetry. NSA is not authorized to go into any computer they wish en masse so they put the burden on MS to collect and store records. Then with a simple FISA warrant they peak into the MS database. MS is actively fighting this behavior.

Simple way around it: Create your own domain with strict group policies. Windows 10 is not itself malicious and every single bit of that phone home crap can be controlled through gpedit and strict egress filtering.

And when you're ready to make the leap: Arch > Windows 10
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Macre
#7 Posted : 7/25/2016 8:16:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
And when you're ready to make the leap: Arch > Windows 10

I second that. I have used Arch for years. I've recently changed to dual boot 7 and Scientific. Only because I fancied a change...Arch is beautiful, the install is fun too, it's a proper build.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 7/28/2016 8:19:47 AM

Macre wrote:
I second that. I have used Arch for years. I've recently changed to dual boot 7 and Scientific. Only because I fancied a change...Arch is beautiful, the install is fun too, it's a proper build.

Quote:
Of course, another alternative is to dump Windows 10 altogether and switch to Linux. That’s certainly a valid alternative—as commenters on this article will no doubt mention before long. PCWorld's guide to the best Linux distros for beginners and Windows XP refugees can help get you up to speed if you decide to opt for that drastic solution.

You can't turn off Cortana in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Very happy

Still won't hurt to activate Win10 and put it in a VM on your new Linux system. Linux isn't the miracle cure either, but it has advantages, no doubt about it.

tseuq
#9 Posted : 7/28/2016 11:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll stick to win7. My notebook is from 2010, all of the programms I am using run stable and if it gets its job done for the next 3-4 yrs, I count myself happy. Pleased

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..