We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
*Concept in progress* - Spray Extractions Options

AcaciaConfusedYah
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 5:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

So, last night, this idea came to me. Hear me out and then please offer feed back. I have not tried this, this is not a tek.

OK. SO, do a normal Bark brew - which ever DMT containing bark you want.

After brewing, use a vacuum filter with a 100-150micron filter to remove most large particles.

Once the brew is free of debris, add a base. From there, take the mixture and add to a resevior that is attached to a pressurized pump and misting system (yes, i know, i would need to find material that would not corrode at a high pH).

In a mostly sealed vessel (there would have to be some sort of vent/check valve), add a layer of NPS. Use the misting system to spray the base soup above the NPS. As the fine mist hits the NPS, the extremely high amount of surface area should allow the molecule to transfer to the NPS very easily. And then the water would settle in the vessel. Theoretically, this should be very effective and minimize the amount of NPS used and the amount of pulls.

Anyone ever thought of this? tried this?

Discuss.

P.S. this could also be used as a defat method if the brew is sprayed through the NPS prior to basing..... just a thought...
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

slewb
#2 Posted : 7/25/2016 6:17:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm interesting you'd have to rig it so that the mist doesn't collect on the sides of your container and form drops. Is the idea that this would pull fewer impurities than leaving your pulls to sit for a while?

If you don't have a vacuum filter, a couple freeze thaw settle cycles makes a bark brew crystal clear.

Orbiting
#3 Posted : 7/25/2016 7:20:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

very interesting concept i like the increased surface area idea: my 2cents below as it pertains to A/B extractions

using a gasoline transfer pump or some other NPS safe material pump move warm NPS thru a ceramic airstone at the bottom of a container of based solution which is being stirred. the high surface area allows for NPS saturation by the time it reaches the surface

include an NPS safe overflow line to flow over a cold plate and a filter to catch the precipitate

rewaarm the NPS and recirculate until there's nothing left to ferry onto the cold plate/ filter

sorry to suggest a completely different method but the difficulty seems to be not just in the area of saturating the nps but in removing the NPS off the top of the based solution with no based solution in suspension; a low enough flow rate would eliminate this completely and switching to a differnt, moar polar NPS and eventually H2O would eliminate any hassle of getting the last bit

HOWEVER the idea you presented would work just as well if you could limit the spray to the surface of the NPS and keep that NPS nice and warm

thank you for bringing this topic up Acacia

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 7/25/2016 7:53:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the Input, and great idea, Orbit.

To add to your mention of keeping the NPS warm.... perhaps a hot plate/magnetic stirrer set on low while the mist is sprayed?

that way, the water droplets on the side would still be mixed by the magnetic stirrer and possibly resolve the issue slewb mentioned.

Orbiting
#5 Posted : 7/25/2016 9:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

certainly the sirrer and warming plate would in my mind be effective

however i have two burning questions vital to the success of this method!

perhaps you or other members have a lot of knowledge on this topic:

to solubility of FB materials in h2o is very low, is this effected by temp? EG: if the based solution is cold and the NPS is hot would that increase the transfer? or would it impeed it by cooling the NPS when it comes in contact to "trade" with the h2o..

also no this is probably too radical would using an ultrasonic mister like the kind used to vape up water and nutrients to plant roots in "fog-Ponics" be used to aresolize some based solution (assuming the ultrasonic disks can handel lye water and NPS ) along with a NPS then allowed mix vigerously then to condense and seperate? this would undoubtedly give the maximmum "trading" sites

what an interesting idea; arcacia thank you for bringing this up again & i am interested in seeing how your sucess plays out/ good luck

AcaciaConfusedYah
#6 Posted : 7/26/2016 2:06:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ineresting points, and great that you brought it up

FB DMT tends to float. Have you ever noticed that after a back salting, when the DMT is in a relatively pure water mix - no bark fats or tannins - you'll see white stuff precipitating and floating to the top. The cooler the mix gets, the more you will see precipitate and float.

So this poses a few thoughts. Whether it would be best to spray a cool tea or a warm tea. the warm tea would probably keep the FB DMT dissolved in solution a little better than a cool tea. But as soon as sprayed, the tea will quickly cool in the air via thermodynamic principals of surface area and heat transfer.

In my case, i would think that leaving some of the fats in the mix before spraying would aid in the inter-molecular charges of the solution, and possibly keep DMT from prematurely precipitating. Allowing for better transfer via mist.

About the foggers- i think i know what you are talking about, but not totally certain. The sonic misters, right? they use a current to create a vapor mist? I've used them for reptiles and amphibians before, but never in a plant/nutrient application.

Orbiting
#7 Posted : 7/26/2016 6:10:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

About the foggers- i think i know what you are talking about, but not totally certain. The sonic misters, right? they use a current to create a vapor mist? I've used them for reptiles and amphibians before, but never in a plant/nutrient application.

thanks for the expanded info!
so warm based mix to keep ahold of everything untill the trade goes down; i like it

and in regards to the foggers the electricity goes thru a "piezoelectric" thingy which vibrates at ultra high frequency, this gives droplet sizes of like 1-3 microns if im correct, i remember ereading that the size of the droplets which would contain everything in the solution would fit into the pores of the roots of the plants.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#8 Posted : 7/28/2016 5:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
06:37:24 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›so, when they saw i knew what i was doing, they let me go get what ever materials and glassware i want
06:37:31 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›even if it is not class time
06:37:46 ‹ClaroinVitam›and the shape was a two sided funnel shape, so as to have a cone shaped top and bottom meeting in the center, and the fluid level should be maintained by a slow drip so to allow the solvent to collect in the widest part of the vessel
06:37:48 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›it was a really cool projeecy
06:38:47 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›once i get the materials, i will be making a post
06:38:57 ‹ClaroinVitam›to focus the spray pattern and maximize area of coverage and maintain drainage removal of solution yet use it to maintain the desired layer of solvent
06:38:58 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›i might try it with caffeine at school, first
06:39:08 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›so i can do it with out trying to explain drugs
06:39:12 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›easier
06:39:21 ‹ClaroinVitam›caffeine is a drug
06:39:27 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›legal
06:39:37 ‹ClaroinVitam›do you have access to equipment that would work for the process?
06:39:47 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›yeah
06:39:52 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›i just mentioned that
06:39:57 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›in the above ^^^
06:40:05 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›i just need a few things that they dont have
06:40:12 ‹ClaroinVitam›well yeah but i didnt know you meant specifically that would do
06:40:26 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›particuarly the spray aparatus that can handle the high pH
06:40:40 ‹ClaroinVitam›right thats what i figured would be the trick
06:40:56 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›BUT, there is the completely different approach
06:41:16 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›use is as and optimal defat method for FATTY dmt plants
06:41:50 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›and then you can use a spray mechanism as used in pressurized misting systems
06:41:59 ‹ClaroinVitam›you could even use it with certain solvents as a trick for phalaris so to isolate specific alks
06:42:11 ‹ClaroinVitam›maybe
06:42:15 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›as the acidic tea hits the solvents, it pulls th fats
06:42:21 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›surface area
06:42:25 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›thats the key
06:42:34 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›then the brew settles
06:42:38 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›decant
06:42:42 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›base
06:43:02 ‹ClaroinVitam›right and another great point of it is that each molecule of liquid is being surely transferred thru solvent this way
06:43:03 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›.... but i really wanna do the bse spray
06:43:06 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›base*
06:43:16 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›i think there could be something unique in that
06:43:34 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›somethin in my gut tells me killer yield with minimal resource use
06:44:16Praxis. joined the room
06:44:18 ‹ClaroinVitam›if you could find a vessel to hold the solvent and not hold any base solution that'd be idael, then none is going to go back into solution for sure, that's what i was saying with the cylinder sort of design so that the flow of liquid is constantly running out but the solvent would still be held in containment
06:45:32 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›be kinda hard to do that. cause ou wan the base to pass throguth the NPS first
06:45:41 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›and its gonna settle
06:45:50 ‹ClaroinVitam›right settle and flow out
06:45:53 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›maybe if you had a small diaphram pump
06:45:56 ‹ClaroinVitam›while the solvent is held on top
06:45:59 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›or a sep funnel
06:46:06 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›a sep funnel would work
06:46:12 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›we have em at school
06:46:27 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›that would wolk
06:46:31 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›work
06:46:36 ‹ClaroinVitam›yes thats what i meant by cylinder sorry Razz
06:46:40 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›i think we have 500ml funnels
06:46:52 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›so that could work
06:47:10 ‹ClaroinVitam›i did say graduated cylinder ^_^ cylinder with a stopper valve on the bottom lol
06:47:18 ‹ClaroinVitam›i ment sep funnel
06:47:26 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›even prime it with a smallmsolution of HIGH oH water
06:47:33 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›like 13.5
06:47:40 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›pH*
06:48:03 ‹ClaroinVitam›yes i think you see what i meant now
06:48:05 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›so that when the base soup starts collecting, you can immediately start dripping off
06:48:15 ‹ClaroinVitam›exactly
06:48:15 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›dude, go post in that thread
06:48:56 ‹ClaroinVitam›i cant
06:49:02 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›OOOOO
06:49:07 ‹ClaroinVitam›ya
06:49:09 ‹AcaciaConfusedYah›ok i am going to go ask for votess

marz
#9 Posted : 7/28/2016 3:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting stuff it's funny how you were talking about misting systems for my dart frogs I want to get and now you use a misting system for dmt lol really cool stuff none the less Smile
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

AcaciaConfusedYah
#10 Posted : 7/29/2016 1:51:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Marz, all life is synchronicity. That is why i was mentioning that i could help you set up a supreme misting system