We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
solubility of mescaline citrate in 99% iso? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 7:05:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I seem to be unable to find data on the solubility of mescaline citrate in 99% iso alcohol. I have dry torch that was powdered and left to soak in minimal hot water and acetic acid for a short period..dried and powdered again...calcium hydroxide was added with water, left to base and dried again..powdered..followed by 4 pulls with 99% iso..the iso was filtered and citric acid was added resulting in immediate clouding and quite a bit of material precipitating out of solution. I can add a picture later. I was not expecting mescaline citrate drop out of the iso solution..but this seems an ideal situation. Does anyone have info on the solubility of mesc citrate in iso?
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 7/26/2016 1:57:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

99% iso works great for total alkaloid extracts...

Quote:
Mescaline citrate
Soluble in: water
Insoluble in: xylene, acetone *
* Possible unreliable web source.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3631

As for the citrate salt of mescaline I'm unsure, but could easily do some tests.

I JUST ran a very similar work-up: (sorry, I did not want to type this all out, so I copied and pasted a similar work-up)
Quote:
Easy Three-Step Mescaline Citrate

Materials needed:

1) Peruvian torch or San Pedro cactus powder
2) Lye (use gloves and ventilation)
3) Xylene (use gloves and ventilation)
4) Glass gallon jug with lid or stopper
5) Glass funnel
6) Glass jars
7) Citric acid
Cool Long dropper pipette
9) Glass turkey baster
10) Measuring cup and teaspoon
11) Square Pyrex dish and fan for evaporation

Step 1 - Extraction: (Base / Non-Polar)

Mix 1-cup (300 grams) lye into 3 quarts cold water, stirring constantly. Let cool. Pour into jug.
Add 2/3 cup (100 grams) powdered cactus to the jug. Mix well.
Add ~1 quart xylene to the jug. Shake and roll to mix well.
Mix occasionally over the next 24+ hours as the lye breaks down the cactus.
Allow enough time for separation into layers before proceeding to the next step.

Step 2 - Salt: (Acid / Polar)

Prepare acidic solution by diluting ½ teaspoon (2g) citric acid into ½ cup (120ml) distilled water.
Collect top xylene layer from the jug using the baster, putting the xylene into a new jar.
Add approximately one-fifth of the prepared acidic water to the xylene jar.
Put the lid on the xylene jar and shake it up a few times. Wait a couple minutes to settle.
Collect bottom water layer using a long dropper, putting the water into the evaporation dish.
Return xylene to the cactus solution and mix for another 24 hours.
(Optionally, you can add 1 Tbsp lye to the jug after the third extraction.)
Complete 5 extractions over 5 days to use all of the water.

Step 3 - Evaporation:

Pour liquid into a flat-bottomed glass dish under a fan in a low humidity/mild temp environment. After a few days, scrape the residue from the dish and powder using a razor blade. The powder will continue to dry over the next few days. Makes 3-10 doses depending on potency of cactus and dosage desired. https://www.shroomery.or...wflat.php/Number/7875294

But assumed the product was not pure and have been calling it "total alkaloid" even though it's the citrate salt, though since I'm the only one consuming it, it really shouldn't matter what I call it, I don't like talking about the alchemy I preform, specially online, so if anyone asks it's TA extract.

Any way, I have some of the end result if the work-up above, and I have some 99% iso...

Though, you could probably preform these tests as well, no?

-eg

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 7/26/2016 7:48:39 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Ipa is often used in the clean up of mesc hcl because other alks are soluble in the ipa but the mescaline is not. Based on the insolubility of mesc citrate in acetone as acy demonstrated in the mmmad tek, it is very likely that it is also insoluble in dry IPA which suggests your precip very well may be mesc. However it is most likely not going to be a full spectrum extract of the cactus as using ipa is likely going to separate the mesc salt from the other alk salts at least to some degree.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 7/27/2016 12:14:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There were ran 3 different extracts recently, the work-up in my post, a total alkaloid extract using ethyl alcohol (which yields a dark tar like mess), and an IPA extraction, which again yields a total alkaloid mess which resembles a dark tar like substance.

I accidentally posted pictures of the citrate in another thread as the total alkaloid extract, I tried to fix it, but double posted the wrong picture again, my better judgement then told me to leave it alone, it's probably better that the mistake is not fixed.

I've been re-reviewing the solubility of the various salts of mescaline, and it does seem information regarding the citrate is fairly sparse, thank you for the post dreamer, that makes sense.

-eg

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/28/2016 6:18:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

okay thanks both of you. I figured something like this might be the case. I will play around with mesc citrate a bit more when I have the time after I get back from shambhala. I have too much other stuff to do before then.
Long live the unwoke.