We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Crude alcohol pre extract on bark before proceeding to a/b? Options

Rick Sanchez
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 4:55:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While browsing the internet for unique extraction teks that deviate somewhat from the standard procedure (practiced cybs tek more times than I can count on my extremities) I came across a bulk tek tht mentioned using alcohol to pull a crude extract from mhrb and then treating this extract exactly as one would root bark and proceeding with an acid base extraction. This method was suggested by the author of the tek in order to process large amounts of bark (2-5 kilo) at once while maintaining a reasonable volume.While I am not particularly interested in extracting in such large quantity, I think the same idea could be applied to 500g to a kilo of bark which could then be processed according to the Max ion tek with a smaller volume of water than would normally be required. Having never experimented with ethanol or alcohol on rootbark in the past, any info from knowledgable or experienced members would be greatly appreciated!
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

scaurus
#2 Posted : 7/25/2016 5:49:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Link?

Rick Sanchez
#3 Posted : 7/25/2016 6:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a link to the tek https://www.thevespiary....de7727.pdf?topic=1421.0. The info I was referring to about the alcohol washes is located in an appendix labeled bulk processing. It seems likely that this would also result in a cleaner product compared to starting with bark.
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Rick Sanchez
#4 Posted : 7/26/2016 1:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A little more digging revealed that spreading info about this technique is discouraged due to the obvious potential for it to be used irresponsibly. I think this is a fitting place to end this thread.

#5 Posted : 7/27/2016 6:41:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where are my testicles, Summer?