We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
chek my tek, por favor Options

XDX5
#1 Posted : 7/25/2016 10:04:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So my buddy was asking some advice with ACRB, and just off the top of my head, this is what I suggested:

100g bark

grind bark
put in glass jar. cover with DH2O and a splash of white vinegar.
Freeze/thaw 3x
dump contents into large stainless steel cooking pot
cover with like 5gal water, heavy splash of vinegar
cover, bring to boil, reduce heat, let sit for 2 hours, strain into second pot
repeat boils using fresh water and vinegar 4x
combine all boils in second pot, reduce soup to ~500mL
pour soup into glass wine bottle or fifth
**side step**
(making basic solution)
measure 100mL DH2O
slowly add 100g NaOH or 120g KOH (should be pretty close to saturated=max pH)
ADD BASE TO WATER!!
**return**
slowly add basic solution to bottle of soup
(watch for deep red/purple to turn cloudy grey then black)
add 50mL limonene
swirl, let set x10
pull limonene
salt limonene with vinegar
repeat 3x, reuse same limonene for pulls
combine vinegar
slowly add basic solution, watch for cloudy crash outs
pull with hexane x? alot
soda carb wash
freeze ppt
pull remaining alks with limonene
evap limonene onto changa

freeze ppt hexane should yield nice white crystals, maybe yellow goo. the rest in the limonene would be of fairly jungle profile, and for me, well suited for a changa blend.
I have gone through these steps myself more or less, except I used xylene instead of limonene for the first nps, and I used the acetone/pickling lime or sodacarb to pull the rest of the jungle.
what problems do yall see with this tek? what suggestions can you add? will limonene behave more or less similar to xylene? D-limonene is used as a flavoring terpene, are residual amounts that may remain present in my changa blend to be of concern? if anything, they might actually add effect, no? I dont want overpowering orange flavor all over tho, just a hint would be quite nice i think to.
Thoughts?
thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Running Bear
#2 Posted : 7/25/2016 4:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A Hybrid ATB Salt extraction is worth trying. For a simple Tek it gets incredible results.

XDX5
#3 Posted : 7/25/2016 9:20:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I'll look over that tek as well.
This looks pretty similar, A/B, but a few extra steps using limonene as first nps.

questions:
1. I have used KOH in the past, due to having it around-it worked, but it seemed to hold goodies in the soup better... is there a chemical/scientific explanation for this? Shouldn't KOH work just as well as NaOH, if differences in molar mass accounting for? Could KOH be more prone to forming emulsions? Any comments or comparisons between these two bases? Most teks call for NaOH, but ive heard KOH can be used. KOH is much less caustic to skin, and is not as regulated here.
2. after performing mini a/b, and pulling white spice with hexane... if limonene is used again to pull the rest of the jungle, can this be evaporated down to orange-flavored jungle goo that is safe for consumption? or might it be better to salt limonene with vinegar, evap vinegar dry, cover in soda carb, make a paste, pull with acetone, evaporate, enjoy??

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 7/25/2016 10:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think KOH should work much the same as NaOH.

Limonene is very hard to evap and will leave a very strong smelling residue that will probably ruin your changa. Go for your second idea, evap vinegar, base paste, acetone. This will still yield full spectrum freebase.

Also, when you said 5 gallons of water for each boil, I assume you meant 5 litres. Probably could use even less, about an inch over the bark level. A pressure cooker can reduce time and fuel. Ive had good results with 3×30min boils in PC.