We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nexian Burners!?! Options

Continuum
#1 Posted : 7/24/2016 10:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last year I attended my first burn, a regional called Transformus, and it was life changing and amazing. I went with the intention of getting the internal joy I had been cultivating to manifest in my life in a more complete and external way, and it delivered beyond measure. It was magickal and beautiful, mind blowing and truly Transformational. A couple weeks ago was my second burn, also Transformus, and it was equally transformative but entirely different. I'll be hitting Alchemy in October.

The burn culture and experience resonates so deeply with me, and I plan to go to regionals and maybe eventually the big burn while getting more involved with volunteering and contributing to the community and events.

Who else goes to burns? Any tips on which or little burner tricks from the seasoned burner or stories about how they've impacted you?

Forge a Path with Heart <3

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hixidom
#2 Posted : 8/1/2016 3:10:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Part 1:
I think there have been very clear changes in burn culture since the first burn that I went to. I remember a time when people made their own fire toys and used them at huge burn parties thrown by local patrons. It was a lot of fun and it was a great opportunity to meet amazing people. Since then, I think that burn culture has become more commercialized on every level: The individuals no longer make their own equipment (they buy it), and local parties have been replaced by large events like Transformus.

Part 2:
I've never been to one of those big events like Transformus, so my opinion is not informed. From your description, it sounds like they offer the same sense of spiritual awakening and community that made me fall in love with burn culture years ago. I guess the point of Part 1 is warning: I think that the spirit of burn culture doesn't require as much money as we throw at it these days. I would like to see a resurgence of grassroots burn gatherings.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.