We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
stability of DMT acetate Options

Jumiem
#1 Posted : 8/6/2009 9:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if DMT Acetate can be stored at room temp for a long time without breaking down too much?

Also can it be stored for just as long while dissolved in water?
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

CosmicLion
#2 Posted : 8/19/2009 6:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you do extract the freebase and you call it DMT Acetate because you used Vinegar during the acid soak?

Or did you extract using vinegar, take the freebase, then add the final product to vinegar again to form DMT Acetate?
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Jumiem
#3 Posted : 8/19/2009 6:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its not very good to ask people to incriminate themselves.

Its simple question.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

69ron
#4 Posted : 8/19/2009 8:22:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acetates are generally unstable unless in solution. They are one of the worst salts.

Also DMT acetate is a sticky goo just like DMT HCl, DMT citrate, DMT tartrate, DMT ascorbate, etc. Only DMT fumarate is a dry powder. I don't know of any other dry salt forms of DMT. For stability you want to make DMT fumarate using fumaric acid. For long term storage purposes, fumarates are said to be the most stable of all the salts.

When DMT acetate breaks down, it should break down into freebase DMT and acetic acid and the acetic acid should evaporate away. At least that’s known to happen for many other acetate salts, especially if stored in excessive heat.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.