We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tips for newbies and changa Options

fluhdoobel
#1 Posted : 6/25/2016 11:05:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, I've noticed a few things with my changa experiences that seem to fall out of the "standard" category of advice for changa use. My surprise when I googled, a lot of the things I have noticed did not come up. Changa, for those who are unaware, is a smokable blend of DMT, harmalas, and MAOIs(essentially smokable ayahuasca). These extra ingredients provide a much more intense experience, and mostly a more fun and memorable one. So for starters, many people who are new to DMT have of course read or heard "do it with silence and with your eyes closed". Now while this may be true for some people, I dislike the fact that it has become universal advice for people coming into DMT, especially with changa. In my experience, changa is best utilised in an outside environment. This could be anywhere where you feel most safe and comfortable(for me this is a forest or a mountain). Outdoors bring a sense of peace and extra awe to the experience. If however you wish to do it inside, I would recommend wearing headphones and playing peaceful music. Mood plays an important role in the experience, so if you listen to Slayer or something, you wont have a good time with it. Music tends to put your mind at ease and take over as the driver of the trip. I found that trance music works really well with changa. Closing your eyes is also not a requirement. You will want to as most of the amazing things to be seen are in your mind, however with eyes open you will see visuals that can't be compared. As an example, a wall turned into a glowing golden castle with waving rainbow tenticals protruding out of it on one of my trips.

Another tip, if you have a sunburn, do NOT smoke changa. Your skin will feel as it is being stabbed by an infinite amount of hot needles. This passes after a few seconds, however some might have their experience ruined by that so it is best to wait until the sunburn is gone. For those who have breathing issues such as asthma, do NOT smoke changa if you have used medication less than six hours prior. MAOIs react negatively with asthma medication and can cause severe issues. It is safe after the six hour mark though. Do not drink alcohol with changa. Not only does this muddy the experience, it can also be dangerous at high doses.

Changa reacts differently with everyone, and while the first few tips I mentioned were personal, I have found that they are consistent with others who have experienced it with me. I invite you to try these tips, and be advised of the very true ones that I left for last. Post back if you try these things with changa and share your experience. I hope I have provided useful information, and if these tips aren't suited for you that is fine. Like I said, changa and DMT as a whole reacts differently with everyone. Happy space ventures!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jiva
#2 Posted : 6/26/2016 11:29:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for this post, i was not aware of the sunburn thing

do you have any recommendations regarding a diet for changa?
i know combining certain food with MAOIs is a bad idea - like dairy products
how long do i need to wait until the effect of the MAOI wears off?
- i know in hospitals they test you after a few days to make sure the effect is gone.

Another
#3 Posted : 6/26/2016 1:06:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I wouldn't recomend anyone to smoke changa or DMT freebase outdoors.
But again, that is only me.
Don't believe everything you think.

tseuq
#4 Posted : 6/26/2016 1:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another wrote:

When blasting off for breakthrough, I follow you on this line.

But when we talk about sub-breakthrough trips, I experience this breathtaking beauty which gets nicely enhanced through the synergy of the spice and a natural and peaceful environment.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

#5 Posted : 6/26/2016 1:37:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Just to clear some things up with the OP. Harmalas = MAOI.

Also, outdoors can be as powerful and beautiful as indoors. If enough is smoked, neither will make much of a difference.

Some of my most beautiful, powerful experiences were outdoors. If you have the setting to do so, without distraction and/or anyone around, then it's Thumbs up .

tseuq
#6 Posted : 6/26/2016 1:48:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
Also, outdoors can be as powerful and beautiful as indoors. If enough is smoked, neither will make much of a difference.

Haha.. for sure!

When breaking through, there is no more difference between where you are or if your eyes are open or closed, at least to me. So, one better decides individually for her/himself if the choosen setting offers an undisturbed and comfortable place to blast off, wherever it might be.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Another
#7 Posted : 6/26/2016 3:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had my share of outdoor- travelling aswell. I remmember one time specific, it was in a beautiful forest with the typical Nordic feeling to it (Bauer-esque). Not more than a couple of hundred meters away there was a railway, and the basslines generated on the tracs by passing trains were amazingly awesome!

OP; just don't fall off that mountain!! ☺😆
Don't believe everything you think.

ijahdan
#8 Posted : 6/26/2016 10:21:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only really used enhanced leaf and changa since I started experimenting a couple of years ago. Im also building up the dosage very slowly rather than jumping in at the deep end and changa has been perfect for this.

The maoi's mean that everything is slowed down and extended. Redosing is easier too and a certain level can be maintained for quite some time. Ive recently started to really get into musically driven changa sessions. Its a bit like when you first get into listening to music stoned and find all sorts of different layers and meanings to it, but a stage further again.

Outdoors is fun too but got to be in a safe place away from too many straight people lest we unnerve them with expressions of astonishment and euphoria.

For sharing with people at festivals etc., I recommend enhanced leaf, no harmalas, just in case people are on certain medication/stimulants which could cause problems.

fluhdoobel
#9 Posted : 6/27/2016 1:58:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
thank you for this post, i was not aware of the sunburn thing

do you have any recommendations regarding a diet for changa?
i know combining certain food with MAOIs is a bad idea - like dairy products
how long do i need to wait until the effect of the MAOI wears off?
- i know in hospitals they test you after a few days to make sure the effect is gone.

Only eat whole grain bread with maois, avoid caffeine, salami, dried meats like beef jerky, and like you said dairy. For the most part you should be fine, and the effects usually take 20-30 minutes to be fully gone or at least enough where it isn't too noticeable. It should be out of your system the first time you use the bathroom after the experience as well, if not it is out before the day is over.

fluhdoobel
#10 Posted : 6/27/2016 1:59:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
Just to clear some things up with the OP. Harmalas = MAOI.

Ah yes, thanks.

fluhdoobel
#11 Posted : 6/27/2016 2:03:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another wrote:
But again, that is only me.

Meh it differs from person to person. I tend to have the best experiences outdoors, the sounds of nature gets me fully immersed. But yeah, after a certain dose you won't know or care where you are in reality.