We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harm Reduction, Internet and Censorship!!! Options

ZonSun
#1 Posted : 6/20/2016 8:35:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel that I need to get this out of my chest, I don't have any other ways to help this poor guy but to share this here and maybe some of you will help him.

I think he is a very informed guy, and really has spread some good information about harm-reduction.
Nevermind his "Satori/kensho" and ego-death talks, they are a little bit biased, but nonetheless he has done a great job on trying to show the true potential of psychedelics.

I am talking about a Youtuber whose channel is named PsychedSubstance I think he is a very nice guy and has contributed to the psychedelic society in general.

His recent upload he was talking about Youtube censoring his videos and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXnZUM6qOWw

I think this is something that everyone of us has to do something about.

We here at the DMT-Nexus and other harm reduction sites do a great job, but going public like him is a great bravery, and he is doing all his best to remove the psychedelic stigma our society is facing.

I think Harm Reduction should be taught at school, and this is just horrible. Mad
I think Internet was meant to be a free place, and every type of censorship especially about harm reduction is not tolerated, so we should raise our voice and support this poor guy.

I just feel obligated to post this thread and I feel that we should start making changes and we should start acting. Everyone can have an impact on removing the stigma about psychedelics.
Alone we can do nothing, together we are strung and can make a change, I can not support him financially all I can do is share this case here.

I hope this poor dude will end up having everything sorted out.
We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Marijane that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. Her reasoning made sense. She said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 6/20/2016 9:25:16 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

ZonSun wrote:
I think Internet was meant to be a free place, and every type of censorship especially about harm reduction is not tolerated, so we should raise our voice and support this poor guy.

It was a military project, now partly owned by Zuck and the NSA. But yeah, legalize it!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 6/21/2016 3:49:14 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quite a while back a lot of his videos were pulled because they were voted down by the community, largely by this forum, for containing incredibly poor information (The original how to DMT) or being outright ridiculous (monster vs DMT).

I do respect that after interacting with us here, he took some of our messages to heart and has improved the quality of information he's offered. I'm still a little bummed that after multiple offers to work collaboratively with this community, he has chosen to disregard the offers of assistance and continue without accepting community input.

I'm not sure it's so cut and dry as youtube is censoring harm reduction videos, as it may be the wider community censoring for inaccurate or unsafe information. I know a lot of people watch his videos and think overall his contribution has been positive, just want to point out that it's important to take the whole picture into account.

The offer to collaborate with the nexus to produce high quality vetted harm reduction videos still stands if you happen across this post psychedsubstance. Smile
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Intezam
#4 Posted : 6/21/2016 10:56:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We still believe its better to keep a low profile and stay OFF the fascist social networks

hixidom
#5 Posted : 6/23/2016 3:21:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The thing is, Youtube is not "the internet". Youtube is a corporation that has a website. It's easy to forget that it doesn't owe us anything. They can censor whatever they want. The only real way to publish freely on the internet is to pay the $$$ for your own domain name.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Ufostrahlen
#6 Posted : 6/23/2016 8:34:50 AM

hixidom wrote:
The thing is, Youtube is not "the internet". Youtube is a corporation that has a website. It's easy to forget that it doesn't owe us anything. They can censor whatever they want. The only real way to publish freely on the internet is to pay the $$$ for your own domain name.

Then Google decides to censor your website from your search index. The problem is centralization. What we need are decentralized search engines and web hosting. I think "the internet" can build a full encrypted, P2P torrent like webspace, where everybody shares bandwidth, diskspace & computing power. Maybe for tokens, so you keep the leechers out.
Google & Facebook are outdated concepts imo.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hixidom
#7 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:25:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Then Google decides to censor your website from your search index. The problem is centralization. What we need are decentralized search engines and web hosting. I think "the internet" can build a full encrypted, P2P torrent like webspace, where everybody shares bandwidth, diskspace & computing power. Maybe for tokens, so you keep the leechers out.
Google & Facebook are outdated concepts imo.

That's a great idea. I bet people are already making efforts to do this. It's unfortunate that I have to rely on Google to find them :/

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 6/24/2016 11:28:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

hixidom wrote:
That's a great idea. I bet people are already making efforts to do this. It's unfortunate that I have to rely on Google to find them :/

https://duckduckgo.com/

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

hixidom
#9 Posted : 6/25/2016 9:16:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How do I know that any of the info on DuckDuckGo's website is true?

Ufostrahlen
#10 Posted : 6/25/2016 9:38:03 PM

hixidom wrote:

Yeah, some concepts are already deployed. But Google still beats the search results. And I'm not aware of any P2P video portals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YaCy

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 6/25/2016 10:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want something better and more free than google (google own youtube), then you have to build it. Noone has accomplished it so far and it is highly unlikely that a free, uncommercial searchengine as good as google will ever exist since the ressources both in computing power and engineering knowledge are impossible to come by without spending billions.

Duckduckgo is a joke, its as horrible as altervista was back in the day. Where you'D actually have to click through several dozen sites to find what you were looking for.

Youtube and google do not owe you anything, they can do whatever they feel like doing.
As long as you choose to do business with them, you acknowledge that power. You can cry about it as long as you want....and censorship is certainly unfortunate. But you can always spend your days trying to get any meaningful info out of duckduckgo serps.

Nathanial.Dread
#12 Posted : 6/25/2016 10:15:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT - Removed

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Ufostrahlen
#13 Posted : 6/26/2016 9:38:57 AM

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I don't know if you're familiar with the Meshnet movement, but if not, you should look into it.

Decentralizing pretty much everything is the way too go. Centralized control of resources inherently creates hierarchy - if we want to get rid of nonconsensual hierarchies (which I think most of us are on board with), decentralizaiton seems like the clear way to go.

Blessings
~ND

I know what a meshnet is, but are there practical solutions? Like a MN Youtube? Or a MN Google? A MN file hosing service, where I can access a certain file (via a hashsum e.g.) or a website? I mean I would be glad to host a MN node, with a 5W CPU and a 0.5TB HDD (like a Raspberry Pi) so it can crawl the web and serve as a file hoster 24h. If I'd get valuable tokens in exchange, I'd even upgrade to powerful GPUs, so you can perform computational services on it or to improve search/logic power.

The thing is: my electrical costs are 100% higher than US electrical costs and my internet connection is very shitty. I could upgrade to 50Mbit, but that would be a hassle (not a money thing tho). I could rent a server in a data center, but that wouldn't be really decentralized. I mean providing an Wifi hotspot to the MN would be great, too.

Imaging 1,000s or 100,000s of low power consumption MN node boxes in a city communicating with each other via cable or Wifi, sharing files, videos & msg. Fully encrypted plus a metadata tumbler, so you can't snoop on the MN. With occasional super nodes (everybody is eligible to host one), which provides exceptional GPU computational power or storage in exchange for tokens (Bitcoin? Ethers?).

So yeah, the theory looks bright, the practical sides involves a lot of work and annoying obstacles.