We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5758596061NEXT»
music that gets you through life.. Options

#1161 Posted : 6/24/2016 11:30:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Some 90's nostalgia. Deftones Cool

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#1162 Posted : 6/24/2016 3:31:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Bob Marley - duppy conqueror

Yes, I've been accused
Wrongly abused now
But through the powers of the Most High
They've got to turn me loose
So don't try to cold me up on this bridge, now.
I've got to reach Mount Zion
The highest region.
So if you a bull-bucka,
Let me tell you this:
I'm a duppy conqueror - conqueror.

A "duppy" is an evil spirit, demon or ghost, so this song has always reminded of when the shaman will go into battle against supper-natural beings, the shaman literally is a "duppy conqueror"

Plus the part where he says he has been "wrongly accused", but the powers of the most high ultimately will let justice pervade in his favor, reminds me of the lying, slanderous, and jealous people out there that will wrongly accuse me of anything they can, spreading lies and rumours, regardless, that's a very specific group of individuals, and I forgive them, though in the text below is an outline of their motivations, and a good read for anybody, most never question the motives behind their actions in situations such as this.

Quote:
What lies behind this tendency to put others down? One of my teachers, Geshe Ngawang Dhargye, used to say, "You get together with a friend and talk about the faults of this person and the misdeeds of that one. Then you go on to discuss others’ mistakes and negative qualities. In the end, the two of you feel good because you’ve agreed you’re the two best people in the world."

When I look inside, I have to acknowledge he’s right. Fueled by insecurity, I mistakenly think that if others are wrong, bad, or fault-ridden, then in comparison I must be right, good, and capable. Does the strategy of putting others down to build up my own self-esteem work? Hardly.

Another situation in which we speak about others’ faults is when we’re angry with them. Here we may talk about their faults for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it’s to win other people over to our side. "If I tell these other people about the argument Bob and I had and convince them that he is wrong and I’m right before Bob can tell them about the argument, then they’ll side with me." Underlying that is the thought, "If others think I’m right, then I must be." It’s a weak attempt to convince ourselves we’re okay when we haven’t spent the time honestly evaluating our own motivations and actions.

At other times, we may talk about others’ faults because we’re jealous of them. We want to be respected and appreciated as much as they are. In the back of our minds, there’s the thought, "If others see the bad qualities of the people I think are better than me, then instead of honoring and helping them, they’ll praise and assist me." Or we think, "If the boss thinks that person is unqualified, she’ll promote me instead." Does this strategy win others’ respect and appreciation? Hardly.

Some people "psychoanalyze" others, using their half-baked knowledge of pop psychology to put someone down. Comments such as "he’s borderline" or "she’s paranoid" make it sound as if we have authoritative insight into someone’s internal workings, when in reality we disdain their faults because our ego was affronted. Casually psychoanalyzing others can be especially harmful, for it may unfairly cause a third party to be biased or suspicious.

Another song that "gets me through life" that relates to negative people and forces unjustly attacking you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4hn6rO2EQ

Jesse royal - modern day judas

Some people you right,
and dem still choose to show you hate.
Run dem out a yo yard
from dem a play bad card.

(Hey) Dem a back biter
Hypocritical two side lass
We call dem modern day Judas
Spreaders of rumours

Oh Dem a back biter
Hypocritical two side lass We call dem modern day Judas
Spreaders of rumours

So why should i be afraid of you, when you bleed just like i do.
The more you try fight Jah Jah light keep shining through, so i got no time for you.
Cause inna my views you wanna step inna mi shoes you wish you neva leave de loo and feel so dam confused.
Oh everyday you wake you ache because you kno you fake and every step you tek a bring you closer to your grave.
But i a like a column i no easily shake
Mi certain seh opinion none a you no cant take.
We guided by the Master defender of the fate,
Ordain to be great.

(Hey) Dem a back biter
Hypocritical two side lass
Spreaders of rumours
Oh Dem a back biter
Spreaders of rumours

But yo teeth and tongue gonna let you down,
Reward for you word shall be profound.
Oh screw all you want but go loo and drown
Mi slew you like Goliath wid a stone from mi crown.
Not even the dog that pisseth on the wall of Babylon shall escape in these time.
So words to the wise, choose the right side
And don't you be hindered by yo foolish pride.
I say no weapon formed against I-n-I shall prospa (prospa).
So tell mi sa force rape and muga dawg dis respect and face disaster.

(Hey) Dem a back biter
Hypocritical two side less
Spreaders of rumours
Oh Dem a back biter
Spreaders of rumours

And one last song, I've put it on this list before, but it's a classic, full of positive energy in response to those who want to make you as miserable as they are, we don't care what you may say or do, we got that positive mental attitude.

bad brains - attitude

Don't care what they may say
we got that attitude.
Don't care what they may do
we got that attitude.
Hey we got that PMA (positive mental attitude)
We got that positive mental attitude.

Bad brains - I love I jah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFm5fx80o44

Sublime - I love my dog
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9okm8M40s0

Sublime is known for tributes in their music to bands they love, so when I heard "I love my dog" I automatically recognized it as a sublime version of "bad brains - I love I jah"

In the terence mckenna movie "the alchemical dream" near the end, it's showing clips of a band, there's no audio except for Terrence talking, and they are a few short clips, but I'm almost certain that it was bad brains, you can clearly see HR jumping around the stage going crazy...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#1163 Posted : 6/24/2016 3:39:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCjwZfyyBM

Go to this link for "terence mckenna - the alchemical dream: rebirth of the great work" and skip to 44 minutes 40 seconds in...

At 44 minutes 40 seconds to 45 minutes 22 seconds, is that bad brains?

It looks like bad brains, but it's hard to tell...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#1164 Posted : 6/25/2016 11:48:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZQcnTDx4sI

Bad shit - ALL HAIL CARDIEL

-eg

ijahdan
#1165 Posted : 6/26/2016 6:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That Jesse Royal tune's a classic. It dropped big time at a reggae session I went to last week.

I celebrated solstice smoking changa in my kitchen and found a great mix of Studio One reggae tunes on youtube that I want to share. Everyone is a killer, even the slightly cheesy Christmas songs half way through.

Studio one Disco style 12s and rare stuff: http://www.youtube.com/p...?list=PLB80B20DE1559782C

Dont know if that link works...looks a bit odd

ijahdan
#1166 Posted : 6/26/2016 6:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok it works. Check it out.

Intezam
#1167 Posted : 6/28/2016 5:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The birdppl ...are funny today (loike humanoid stoners) If they loike a songs, they say: Let this royal moment be crowned by a royal snack, so it can rule our consensusssss dreams (for an exteeeended moment) Laughing
Lord Krishna (Baba Khatu ShyamJi) Qwali

one moar Khatushyam rafting songs

Bodla Bahar songs: (...there is no Bodla Bahar Wink )

one moar nice dhmaal:

aand a noice qaseeeda:

toxic8
#1168 Posted : 7/8/2016 4:11:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
turkish-turkey-turk songs (üzerlik songs)

(*all sheeples' ) road(s) end at the harmal Laughing

....and nice flying songs (kar-bird songs) Cool

* not part of songs

O heck yeah! This is my jam(s)!

here's one back Pleased

woody
#1169 Posted : 7/8/2016 12:11:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really like electronic music from people like Blanck Mass, F*ck Buttons, James Holden. I find it really taps in to some primal part of me! I've also followed Radiohead for many years.

At the moment I seem to mainly be listening to classical music, a lot of Beethoven, mainly symphonies 7 & 9. The more I listen the more I hear.

But I'm going to leave this here... I walked by my local church yesterday and I heard someone practicing it on the organ, I went in and stood right next to the pipes. I've never really been into organ music before but this was so rousing and thunderous so I feel like I have to share this piece!

Intezam
#1170 Posted : 7/8/2016 12:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

toxic8 wrote:

here's one back Pleased

Ha! - that sounds familiar

Here is one moar (sloooow & cheeesy). (moar SG One songs here and here)

entheogenic-gnosis
#1171 Posted : 7/8/2016 1:26:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ijahdan wrote:
That Jesse Royal tune's a classic. It dropped big time at a reggae session I went to last week.

I celebrated solstice smoking changa in my kitchen and found a great mix of Studio One reggae tunes on youtube that I want to share. Everyone is a killer, even the slightly cheesy Christmas songs half way through.

Studio one Disco style 12s and rare stuff: http://www.youtube.com/p...?list=PLB80B20DE1559782C

I just saw this post!

Thanks!

Jesse royal is an amazing person, if you have ever heard him speak about his views on the world it's hard not to agree with him...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#1172 Posted : 7/9/2016 4:10:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZKJwdJRbCo
Leftover crack - gang control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKawVqCK3o
Star fucking hipsters - two cups of tea

-eg

TGO
#1173 Posted : 7/11/2016 3:58:09 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

All day, every day! I cannot get enough of this song!

Love

Cool

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DoingKermit
#1174 Posted : 7/11/2016 10:44:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ So good!! Love that little solo at 2:46.

jiva
#1175 Posted : 7/11/2016 12:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam
#1176 Posted : 7/14/2016 10:37:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cathay cool moon songs Confused
moar gloomy songs...

...moar:

...and:

moar (less gloomy) songs:

jiva
#1177 Posted : 7/16/2016 12:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis
#1178 Posted : 7/18/2016 7:00:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ijahdan wrote:

Jesse royal was featured on a vice music show called "noisey", he takes Tue host to.a ganja field, then after getting the host sufficiently intoxicated on cannabis, they go for a walk.on the beach, and have this conversation:
Quote:
Host: I don't get out in nature much.

JR: I can't imagine you know? And that's so sad, because what does the first world have but big buildings, and rich people with, you know, big egos. This is paradise (points across the beautiful Jamaican beach) this is the...This is the first world, because this is nature at its greatest essence, to me, they are still developing, but we around here so we still get that chance to be at one with nature and be balanced, you know what i mean? Life isn't pressure, you know? The system is pressure, the system pressures you to maintain their standard of living, because we don't want to do this anymore, right? Nobody wants to fish, nobody wants to farm...

Host: I want to fish and farm.

JR: yeah man, so get to it.

It's always stuck with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSFFjHhyH4
Jesse royal - got up This morning
(This is an ultra positive semi-pop reggae tune Jesse put out, I think it's good stuff, I could not find the song that I was initially searching for, so I posted this one instead, regardless, Times have been increasingly negative, we need some positivity to balance this out, in the consciousness if the entire species, we need some positivity to balance things out...if only more people were open to Entheogenic exploration...music helps spread positivity as well though...)

-eg

ijahdan
#1179 Posted : 7/19/2016 6:22:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah EG I like those happy uplifting kind of tunes, spreading good vibes. Its not all fire and brimstone and burning babylon! Good to have young conscious artists like Jesse Royal keeping the roots alive. What other genre of music combines tuff riddims with spiritual lyrics? Heres a few more in a similar vein:

I wayne: living in love

https://youtu.be/z_v8cUgBEJU

Chezidek: gone

https://youtu.be/Ch37A3Rh9Cc

Protoje and Chronixx: Who knows

https://youtu.be/hzqFmXZ8tOE

Intezam
#1180 Posted : 7/20/2016 12:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

«PREV5758596061NEXT»