We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pets and psychedelics Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 6/18/2016 10:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

i was wondering, how do your pets react to you when you are tripping?

i noticed some weird behavior in my cats while i am trippig.
just a moment ago one of my cats just came up to me right when the dmt started to kick in.
she sniffed at me and the pipe i used. Then she snuggled up right next to me - she is a very shy cat and does do this sometimes on very rare occasions and when she does it she keeps some distance... but it defenielty happens more when i am tripping.
just like she is checking on me.

a few weeks back while tripping on shrooms my other cat who always sits on me... always...
cuddles up next to me lying on my side. just so i could hug her.

any of you notice anything similar?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tryptamine9
#2 Posted : 6/22/2016 3:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi jiva!

Yes, this is known and I can absolutely confirm it.
When I use DMT, our cats are instantly attracted!
This is also true for LSD, psilocybin and so on.
It seems to only happen with tryptamines, but I am not absolutely sure.
I have never observed this with amphetamine-based substances like MDMA a.s.o.

Any scientific explanations, anyone??

Leithen
#3 Posted : 6/23/2016 10:43:43 PM

Be Here Now

I have had similar experiences!

I generally convince myself thats its just my altered mind that makes me think the animals are weird. Sometimes, however, that just dosen't seem to add up. I'm not sure that any of this can be quantified or proven but I'll share my most interesting story anyway.

Cats seem to be the most commmon pet to react to altered states but my experience happened with a family of ducks. Thumbs up

After taking some LSD me and a few friends went for a walk along the lake. Walking along the beach we came upon a seagull. It did not fly away as we got closer but instead just walked a mere 3 feet infront of us for a good 50 yards before turning and walking into the woods. This seemed very very strange to me but I thought the bird may have just been injured.

We got to the place on the beach we were walkng to and right as we came through a clearing we saw a duck. A female mallard standing by herself on a rock. As we approached the duck stayed completely calm and did not move at all. One of my friends walked over to it and, to my astonishment, picked up the duck and started petting its head! I was stunned. My friends claimed she just loved animals and is friedly with them all but admits she has never picked up a wild animal before or since.

Again this duck could have been sick but then something even more surprising happened. As she sets the duck down and it slides into the water about 6 baby ducks swim out from behind a rock. The mom, still calm as can be, leads her babies across a tide pool and off into the woods. My jaw was on the floor and I still have no idea how this could have happened. Generally mother animals are very territorial and aggressive. We have been attacked for just walking near nests.

It was an amazing experience and I'm glad other people are having strange run-ins with animals as well. Thanks for bringing it up and reminding me of this experience! Sorry I have no scientific explanation and hardly even a personal one, but I would love to hear other peoples insight! Very happy
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 6/23/2016 11:15:57 PM

Come what may

You spelled psychedelics wrong. lol Confused

Domesticated animals are creatures of habit. Anything outside of their normal routine can trigger abnormal behavior in these animals. I would bet that if you smoked DMT everyday at the same time, pretty soon they would not react in the least bit.

As far as the ducks go. Who knows? Maybe they are very used to humans to begin with. There are many animals that have no fear of humans. I see people feed ducks all the time. The ducks come right up and eat out of your hand. They get right up next to you almost begging like a dog for some bread. I could likely pick up some of these ducks with no problem. They just don't see humans as a threat.

There is a popular trail near where I live. Halfway up this trail is a camp. Every single time I have been to this camp these little chipmunks come right up to me. They will actually climb onto you. They will climb around on your stuff and search for food. They are pretty cute and everyone feeds these little guys. Same deal. They just don't have any fear of humans.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

jiva
#5 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:35:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
You spelled psychedelics wrong. lol Confused

that is why i should not post stuff when i am high... Big grin

tryptamine9
#6 Posted : 6/24/2016 2:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:

Domesticated animals are creatures of habit. Anything outside of their normal routine can trigger abnormal behavior in these animals. I would bet that if you smoked DMT everyday at the same time, pretty soon they would not react in the least bit.

OK, that sounds like a logical explanation.
But why then no attraction reaction with MDMA? None with alcohol? Both are absolutely unusual!
And as I know cats... taking anything out of their routine does usually NOT attract them. Wink
But the idea of smoking everyday I find interesting... Big grin Although I am afraid that I will be the one who might stop reacting to it!

So what else can it be?

Smells?
Altered movements and facial expressions?
Dilated pupils?

pau
#7 Posted : 6/24/2016 5:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not exactly the trip report you'd expect to read in the paper:
dog seeks out magic mushrooms
WHOA!

#8 Posted : 6/24/2016 8:24:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Laying on the bed, cat laying on chest like a sphinx, big tokes, always good experiences. Very happy

brilliantlydim
#9 Posted : 6/25/2016 4:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had interesting experiences with my dog while on mushrooms and DMT. I wrote about one here.

One time on mushrooms I was laying on my couch in the living room with my eyes closed and I started thinking about my dog. Its hard to explain but I could feel him and feel him feel me. I remember thinking in my head for him to come to me, while he was in the kitchen with my girlfriend. The more I concentrated on him the closer I could feel him getting until all of a sudden he was standing there with his nose directly on my head, sniffing it like he was looking for something inside of it. It was a very odd and I am sure my words don't do it justice, but I am convinced we had some communication not based on sound.

I have also had him react in sync to my dmt trips if that makes sense.

Tattvamasi wrote:
Laying on the bed, cat laying on chest like a sphinx, big tokes, always good experiences. Very happy

Also had him laying on my chest like a proud wolf while on a mushroom trip, it was pretty cool.

I am pretty sure animals pick up on subtle gestures that we are not even aware that we are making. This probably can account for a lot of perceived weird behaviour around us while under the influence of certain substances.

I also believe there levels of reality beyond what we normally perceive. I believe animals can perceive levels or layers that we don't normally. I think while on psychedelics we may be more able to pick up on the behaviours they exhibit based on things they sense beyond our range of perception, and perhaps we are more able to see the correlation where normally we would miss it.

Cool stuff anyways.