We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Novel Dopamine Agonist Produces Joyful Dreams in PTSD Patients Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 2/7/2016 6:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lucid dreamers should be interested in this

Quote:
Background

Lucid dreams are frequently pleasant and training techniques have been developed to teach dreamers to induce them. In addition, the induction of lucid dreams has also been used as a way to ameliorate nightmares. On the other hand, lucid dreams may be associated with psychiatric conditions, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Reward Deficiency Syndrome-associated diagnoses. In the latter conditions, lucid dreams can assume an unpleasant and frequently terrifying character.
Case Presentations

We present two cases of dramatic alleviation of terrifying lucid dreams in patients with PTSD. In the first case study, a 51-year-old, obese woman, diagnosed with PTSD and depression, had attempted suicide and experienced terrifying lucid nightmares linked to sexual/physical abuse from early childhood by family members including her alcoholic father. Her vivid “bad dreams” remained refractory in spite of 6 months of treatment with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and standard pharmaceutical agents which included prazosin, clonidie and Adderall. The second 39-year-old PTSD woman patient had also suffered from lucid nightmares.
Results

The medication visit notes reveal changes in the frequency, intensity and nature of these dreams after the complex putative dopamine agonist KB220Z was added to the first patient’s regimen. The patient reported her first experience of an extended period of happy dreams. The second PTSD patient, who had suffered from lucid nightmares, was administered KB220Z to attenuate methadone withdrawal symptoms and incidentally reported dreams full of happiness and laughter.
Conclusions

These cases are discussed with reference to the known effects of KB220Z including enhanced dopamine homeostasis and functional connectivity of brain reward circuitry in rodents and humans. Their understanding awaits intensive investigation involving large-population, double-blinded studies.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 2/7/2016 8:15:56 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Apparently a proprietary blend of known lucid chemicals and way overpriced, this makes galantamine look cheap:

Quote:
Synaptose KB220Z Neuroadaptogen Neuronutrient Complex ingredients:
DL-Phenylalanine (D-PhenEze™)
L-Tyrosine
Passion Flower Extract (EM103™) (3.5% Vitexin)
Metallosaccharide™ Complex
Arabinogalactans
N-Acetylglucosamine
Astragalus (root)
Aloe Vera (inner leaf)
Indian Frankincense
Gum Resin
White Pine Bark Extract
Spirulina (Zehntose™)
Rhodiola root extract (3% Rosavins) (RhodiGen™)
L-Glutamine
5-Hydroxytroptophan (5-HTP)
Thiamine Hydrochloride
Pyroxidal-5-Phosphate
Pyridoxine HCI
Chromium Polynicotinate (ChromeMate®)
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

T.Harper
#3 Posted : 2/7/2016 8:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well Im going to be sticking with my dopamine D2 partial agonist of choice that is naturally occuring ,has long historical use of safety , quite cheap and from my observations can do the same thing.

still... nice.
----------------> ------------------> O <--------------- <-----------------------

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 2/7/2016 8:57:52 PM

Speaking of D2Rs, naturally occurring, LD promoting & really cheap:

Yohimbine

Also threshold doses of LSD & Psilocybin are said to promote REM sleep, which is tied to LD. I tried 50µg of 1P-LSD for that purpose, but it kept me awake all night. But the next night, dreaming was very vivid (REM rebound?). Better 25µg, but I haven't tried it yet.

Quote:
Drugs in the LSD family, including psilocybin and tryptamines actually stimulate REM sleep (in doses small enough to allow sleep), leading to longer REM periods.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20040266659
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Nathanial.Dread
#5 Posted : 2/7/2016 9:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufo - Thanks for digging that up. The paper is written as if DB220Z is a specific, novel compound. Seems kind of dodgy to me Thumbs down

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Ufostrahlen
#6 Posted : 2/8/2016 4:18:19 AM

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Ufo - Thanks for digging that up. The paper is written as if DB220Z is a specific, novel compound. Seems kind of dodgy to me Thumbs down

Blessings
~ND

Yeah, I first thought that too and wondered what the structure look like. It's supposed to help with substance withdrawl as well. But I don't buy it. Seems like somebody wants to make loads of money with cheap chemicals. Indian Frankincense as an ingredient? rofl.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 2/8/2016 6:22:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've had some splendid dreams with the putative dopaminergic effects of nutmeg. So much fun I didn't want to wake up! Although I woke several times because it was morning, the same dream scenario continued upon falling asleep again. It could have been of use for lucidity except I'm too lazy to actively pursue LD goals.

Also, ^what ND & ufo said. Cheeky little f*'ers!

Chewing good frankincense is rather nice, just for the record. And it definitely does *something*...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 2/8/2016 10:03:18 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
putative dopaminergic effects of nutmeg

Wiki says, Myristicin is anticholinergic.

I now understand why they put DL-Phenylalanine (D-PhenEze™) & L-Tyrosine into the mixture: it's a Dopamin precursor. Which is funny, because DL-Phen never produced any LD for me, even in 700mg doses.

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 2/8/2016 11:22:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Which is funny, because DL-Phen never produced any LD for me, even in 700mg doses.

Have you tried it with any other protein source? Because there seems to be some sort of competition going on...idk how it works exactly...but dl-phenylalanine without anything else has noticable psychoactivity for me even in small doses while it doesn't do anything if taken as whey protein for instance...

Ufostrahlen
#10 Posted : 2/8/2016 11:35:14 AM

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Which is funny, because DL-Phen never produced any LD for me, even in 700mg doses.

Have you tried it with any other protein source? Because there seems to be some sort of competition going on...idk how it works exactly...but dl-phenylalanine without anything else has noticable psychoactivity for me even in small doses while it doesn't do anything if taken as whey protein for instance...

Sometimes with protein, sometimes on an empty stomach with carbs. No noticeable activity for me.

Best dream substances that work for me (I've tried nearly all in the book, except Yohimbine): valerian + hops, ibuprofen, melatonin. Never got a LD with these, but they make dreams vivid.

digitalvygr
#11 Posted : 6/15/2016 3:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=Nathanial.Dread]Lucid dreamers should be interested in this

Quote:
Background

Lucid dreams are frequently pleasant and training techniques have been developed to teach dreamers to induce them. In addition, the induction of lucid dreams has also been used as a way to ameliorate nightmares. On the other hand, lucid dreams may be associated with psychiatric conditions, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Reward Deficiency Syndrome-associated diagnoses. In the latter conditions, lucid dreams can assume an unpleasant and frequently terrifying character.
Case Presentations

We present two cases of dramatic alleviation of terrifying lucid dreams in patients with PTSD. In the first case study, a 51-year-old, obese woman, diagnosed with PTSD and depression, had attempted suicide and experienced terrifying lucid nightmares linked to sexual/physical abuse from early childhood by family members including her alcoholic father. Her vivid “bad dreams” remained refractory in spite of 6 months of treatment with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and standard pharmaceutical agents which included prazosin, clonidie and Adderall. The second 39-year-old PTSD woman patient had also suffered from lucid nightmares.
Results

The medication visit notes reveal changes in the frequency, intensity and nature of these dreams after the complex putative dopamine agonist KB220Z was added to the first patient’s regimen. The patient reported her first experience of an extended period of happy dreams. The second PTSD patient, who had suffered from lucid nightmares, was administered KB220Z to attenuate methadone withdrawal symptoms and incidentally reported dreams full of happiness and laughter.
Conclusions

These cases are discussed with reference to the known effects of KB220Z including enhanced dopamine homeostasis and functional connectivity of brain reward circuitry in rodents and humans. Their understanding awaits intensive investigation involving large-population, double-blinded studies.

This makes sense to me from my own lucid dreams, though I am with others here on this thread in feeling you can get by with other natural substances.

I learned from Thomas Yuzchaks book Advanced Lucid Dreaming Supplements that increasing dopamine leads to more control in the lucid dream. Toward that end I have tried both Macuna Pruriens and Yohimbe and though it could have been a placebo effect based on my expectations, I did indeed have more control in those lucid dreams. I prefer the Macuna as there are less side effects.

I think Yuzchak reported combining Macuna or Yohimbe with Galantamine and then creating lightning bolts in his hands which he would hurl around in his lucid dream :-)

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 6/24/2016 10:14:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Seeing as this thread got bumped...
Ufostrahlen wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
putative dopaminergic effects of nutmeg

Wiki says, Myristicin is anticholinergic.

That's as may be but there's more than a hint that it gets metabolised into dopaminergic compounds if you're lucky. A moderately thorough search here and elsewhere should clarify this point.

Experientially, nutmeg-induced horniness has given unsubtle suggestions of some kind of dopamine-related business going on, as have fits of rage - a downside of nutmeg use to be wary of.

Anecdotal, I know, but alkoxylated 3-(1-piperidyl)-1-phenyl-1-propanones are real.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli