We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction: almost finished, excited! Options

Questfinder
#1 Posted : 6/18/2016 11:46:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it's been a rollercoaster of a day, this extraction has been a trip in itself. I started about 8 hours ago having had not enough sleep for many days, and not enough to eat either really, which only added to the ride.

I started out following Vovin's tek (after reading just about all of them, I liked this one the best), but because of how tired I was and unsure of everything I became (it all seemed too good to be true, still does quite frankly) I ended up skipping the first defatting step and only basified the first acid wash, and only did one solvent pull on that, which also as it turned out I used way too much solvent (50g:60mL). When I separated it into the baking dish there was none of this cloudy business going on that I'd heard of so often, and so longed to see.... Alas I thought I was doomed. Bad bark, I'd done something wrong, bad luck yet again. But, here I am half hour later, armed with the information I had used to much solvent. I set off back down the stairs again trying to keep hope in check so as not to be disappointed. I blew on the solvent gently, nothing. Again, for a little longer, ooh I see something. One last time, ohhh yeah, here we go, a nice thick cloud of DMT swirling about in the naphtha. So the bark is good after all, my process.. Well, worked is the best I can say lol. I have learnt a hell of a lot today, chiefly being that I need some proper glassware if I am to continue my adventure into chemistry. There's a lot of other stuff too, but I'm too tired to continue this post. I just wanted to vent my excitement at the fruits of my labour lol :'Pleased

Thanks for everyone's help.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Questfinder
#2 Posted : 6/19/2016 6:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I went back and revisited the lye solution. Added 15mL warm naphtha, decanted into another jar then back again a few times then let the layers separate. Pipetted off the solvent into the bottom of the smallest stainless steel pan I have (run out of glassware at this point, lots of cleaning to do!) and put into the fridge for half hour, then evaporated in a warm, high airflow environment with fans Pleased A couple of hours later and I was left with mostly very small white DMT crystals that I did my best to scrape up with a razor. (What a funny smell too!) No idea on weight, but it was enough to put a thin layer in a one skin joint. Which I then proceeded to smoke...

Which wasn't a good idea, but I was keen to know my product and indeed this process works. The lack of sleep and food meant that I'm not sure how much of what I felt was down to the come up of weed or DMT, but I got real bad nausea and had to throw up. Tbh I think it's a combination of everything that led to this, in my current state I just can't handle any nausea at all. As for effects, I don't think smoking it like that is very efficient at all, or I didn't use enough. Probably both.. But it's definitely active. I was sat on the edge of my bed looking at the window, with a plug in the wall to my right that had a red LED light on it, when for a brief moment, the colours changed to a clarity and hue I have never seen, even from LSD. The red from the plug light reflected on the wall as if it was radiating sapphires, in both shape and colour, yet both shape and colour were far more complex and beautiful than a simple earthly sapphire stone could ever be. I then looked at the blinds on the window, and they took on a strange greenish colour, and it felt like the window was above me. Kind of like being in a church and gazing up at a beautiful stained glass window depicting Christ, and actually feeling as though there's something/someone greater than us looking down upon you, the magnificence of such a moment is what I captured for just a few seconds. All of this lasted I would say no more than 30 seconds. And what struck me as strange, was how so vastly one psychedelic compound can differ from another in terms of headspace, of course I only had a tiny dose, but there was none of the clutter and internal madness that you would typically get with an LSD trip, nothing at all really, I was just observing in wonder, and for a few split seconds I felt as though I was completely connected to everything in this universe.

Powerful stuff. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow with the freeze precipitated DMT, and my mind and body in a better state, ready for it.

Questfinder
#3 Posted : 6/19/2016 9:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I yielded about 80mg or so of beautiful crystals.

Just smoked about 15-20mg (my scales aren't accurate enough)....

Wow!!! Just fucking wow!!

So scary. So beautiful. I'm not ready aha Embarrased at least that's all I could think the whole way through. I would love to explore more, but I have shit to sort out in my life first. Hopefully I can get it all cleared up and start exploring again in the next couple of months. For now, I'll just enjoy the moment Smile

n0thing
#4 Posted : 6/20/2016 2:27:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First extractions are always hit an miss, it took me a few to really nail my technique and understand what not to do and what to do well.

Here is my latest extraction of DMT-Fumarate chips:

Lets hope next time you can up the scale and get more Pleased

n0thing
#5 Posted : 6/20/2016 2:30:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Questfinder wrote:
And what struck me as strange, was how so vastly one psychedelic compound can differ from another in terms of headspace,

The mind is very complex and imagination very deep. We don't usually see that until the drugs change our minds and let us see the depth of our brains capacity. Not always a nice ride though mind you Pleased

Intezam
#6 Posted : 6/20/2016 11:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Questfinder wrote:
So I yielded about 80mg or so of beautiful crystals.

Just smoked about 15-20mg (my scales aren't accurate enough)....

Wow!!! Just fucking wow!!

So scary. So beautiful. I'm not ready aha Embarrased at least that's all I could think the whole way through. I would love to explore more, but I have shit to sort out in my life first. Hopefully I can get it all cleared up and start exploring again in the next couple of months. For now, I'll just enjoy the moment Smile

Hi. How much bark did you start with?

BTW nice pics and yield, n0thing

Questfinder
#7 Posted : 6/24/2016 8:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I started with 50g and took a lot of shortcuts as I was keen to see the process work, so that weight was from one solvent pull. I'm still extracting more now, still small amounts but I'm experimenting with different things to see what happens. I pulled some crystals out yesterday that were my biggest yet. Have some more in there this morning from a fresh full 50g extraction, and the solvent was the cloudiest I've seen it yet. Going to have a look in a moment!... I forgot to turn the fridge back down/up/colder.. So the freezer was probably barely a few degrees below, there's some crystals in there but nowhere near what I've come to expect after 24 hours, so I'm hoping with another 40 hours (going away) in the freezer on full blast should yield some huge crystals.

I concur, stunning pics n0thing. Well done man!