We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1920212223NEXT»
The official "Is this chem ok to use? / Where can I find ...?" thread Options

TGO
#401 Posted : 6/10/2016 11:07:35 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

fibfab3301 wrote:
concombres wrote:

Limo does not evap cleanly regardless of purity. There is a u.s. based supplier that sells 98.5% minimum purity limonene that is all natural with no surfacants or or additives. Even at that purity it leaves some residue.

care to share?! ive been looking all over?! this would greatly be appreciated!

Amazon sells d-limonene but it can be pricey:

https://www.amazon.com/B...&keywords=d-limonene

I've used this brand for DMT and Mescaline extractions and it works like a charm.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fibfab3301
#402 Posted : 6/10/2016 11:24:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

I've used this brand for DMT and Mescaline extractions and it works like a charm.

Thank you very much for your quick reply Oh Grateful One Thumbs up ive seen this listen as well but have always felt that ordering chemicals was a bit on the dangerous side.. i remember reading a lot about folks ordering lye on the internet which lead to some serious trouble...

better safe than sorry, but at the same time you gotta do what you gatta do.. any thoughts? or am I just over thinking/paranoid?

Thanks again!

TGO
#403 Posted : 6/10/2016 11:55:23 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

fibfab3301 wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

Thank you very much for your quick reply Oh Grateful One Thumbs up ive seen this listen as well but have always felt that ordering chemicals was a bit on the dangerous side.. i remember reading a lot about folks ordering lye on the internet which lead to some serious trouble...

better safe than sorry, but at the same time you gotta do what you gatta do.. any thoughts? or am I just over thinking/paranoid?

Thanks again!

No problem!

d-Limonene is a very effective, naturally occurring, biodegradable solvent and degreaser extracted from the peel of oranges. It is 100% natural, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic. Due to its attractive citrus aroma, versatility, and Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) rating by the FDA, d-Limonene can be used safely and effectively in a wide range of products. Not to mention, you can reuse solvents. So a one time purchase could last through many extractions in theory. As far as I know, it isn't a watched chemical so you should be safe in ordering it online.

You are right in being wary of ordering naphtha, lye, heptane, or things of that nature online. If it helps, I've ordered limonene from amazon a handful of times (when they sell the gallon) and have had no resulting trouble. I go to the hardware store for everything else!

Smile

fibfab3301
#404 Posted : 6/13/2016 12:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
fibfab3301 wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

Thanks again!

No problem!

d-Limonene is a very effective, naturally occurring, biodegradable solvent and degreaser extracted from the peel of oranges. It is 100% natural, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic. Due to its attractive citrus aroma, versatility, and Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) rating by the FDA, d-Limonene can be used safely and effectively in a wide range of products. Not to mention, you can reuse solvents. So a one time purchase could last through many extractions in theory. As far as I know, it isn't a watched chemical so you should be safe in ordering it online.

You are right in being wary of ordering naphtha, lye, heptane, or things of that nature online. If it helps, I've ordered limonene from amazon a handful of times (when they sell the gallon) and have had no resulting trouble. I go to the hardware store for everything else!

Smile

thanks again my friend i will certainly look more into (especially once the next paycheck comes in Razz)

one more question to you fine folk...where might one purchase fumaric acid? can it be easily purchased at a store? thanks again! happy sunday!

concombres
#405 Posted : 6/13/2016 3:42:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fibfab3301 wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:
fibfab3301 wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

Thanks again!

No problem!

Smile

thanks again my friend i will certainly look more into (especially once the next paycheck comes in Razz)

one more question to you fine folk...where might one purchase fumaric acid? can it be easily purchased at a store? thanks again! happy sunday!

Fumaric acid can be purchased online at kitchen spice/herb shops or via auction sites in bulk fairly cheap.
I have never seen it at stores anywhere I have looked.

If you are worried about ordering supplies online there are many fixes. My favorite is to buy an Amazon gift card with cash & have a friend with a clean (no illegal activity) home make the order & receive it at their house. This splits up sketchy orders & helps to ensure no connection to yourself between items. If you live in a small city & orders for things like this are less common, friends in other cities work better than ones close by. Also as another layer I reccommend not using family, as if anything goes wrong th er may be some connection or implication on their part as well.

fibfab3301
#406 Posted : 6/13/2016 4:55:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:

Fumaric acid can be purchased online at kitchen spice/herb shops or via auction sites in bulk fairly cheap.
I have never seen it at stores anywhere I have looked.

If you are worried about ordering supplies online there are many fixes. My favorite is to buy an Amazon gift card with cash & have a friend with a clean (no illegal activity) home make the order & receive it at their house. This splits up sketchy orders & helps to ensure no connection to yourself between items. If you live in a small city & orders for things like this are less common, friends in other cities work better than ones close by. Also as another layer I reccommend not using family, as if anything goes wrong th er may be some connection or implication on their part as well.

Thank you very much concombres! much appreciated! better safe than sorry! i will do some more research/thinking/ and looking!

tseuq
#407 Posted : 6/23/2016 6:12:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to make my first changa and got everything ready except the solvent with which I enchant the herbs with the spice and the harmala freebase.

I thought of acetone and I saw, that there are 2 different purites: 99.95% and 99,5%. The 99.95% one seems really difficult to get so I was wondering if the 99.5% acetone is ok to use, in terms of unhealty residues, or should I better use 99.9% isopropanol (IPA)?

Thank you!

[edit: Read some more and I will use IPA instead.]

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

TGO
#408 Posted : 6/23/2016 10:18:36 PM

Welcoming committee

Drinkable grain ethanol (I'm in the states so I use Everclear) works better than ISO or acetone at dissolving harmalas (all three work fine for DMT). 99.9% ISO is my backup whenever I run out of everclear for changa.

endlessness wrote:
Drinking/grain ethanol will work better than acetone and IPA. Maybe vodka would work, dont know if it would leave a taste (for changa or whatever). Ethanol is not the best but quite better than acetone or IPA. The best solvents for harmalas are more toxic, like methanol and DCM. If you use them, make sure its properly dry before using (better let it soak again in some non denatured ethanol and let it air dry again for many hours to help getting rid of traces of those solvents)

Infundibulum wrote:
DCM and chloroform are the solvents that dissolve harmala freebases well... I know it's frustrating that things like acetone (that dissolves the hell out of fb dmt!) is so crap with harmalas!

Johnsmith1605
#409 Posted : 7/9/2016 3:31:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey i looked around, i found an extraction for MHBP that calls for NaOH, and now i understand that any path to smoking could ever be completely pure. The idea of lye really concerns me, plus getting lye is a harder and harder thing to do nowadays. Tn the method he uses the lye to bring the Ph of water up so the DMT will move to the Naphtha. so my question is could you just use baking soda for this purpose?

You can see the TEK here: http://www.psychonaut.co...ow-do-you-smoke-dmt.html

P.S. this is a small question that i see no point in making another thread for, He mentions freezing them to form crystals, now im assuming they wont melt because after being taken out of the freezer. But how would the react to the heat of the lighter? just burn up like any object would, or is there anything i should look out for?

THANKS YOU SO MUCH!Thumbs up

concombres
#410 Posted : 7/9/2016 6:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Johnsmith1605 wrote:
Hey i looked around, i found an extraction for MHBP that calls for NaOH, and now i understand that any path to smoking could ever be completely pure. The idea of lye really concerns me, plus getting lye is a harder and harder thing to do nowadays. Tn the method he uses the lye to bring the Ph of water up so the DMT will move to the Naphtha. so my question is could you just use baking soda for this purpose?

P.S. this is a small question that i see no point in making another thread for, He mentions freezing them to form crystals, now im assuming they wont melt because after being taken out of the freezer. But how would the react to the heat of the lighter? just burn up like any object would, or is there anything i should look out for?

Lye has never been hard to get for me within the U.s. Lowe's usually Carries stuff in a black plastic bottle with a red cap labelled "100% lye". The website even provides an aisle location & how many are in stock at whatever store location you choose.

If you absolutely can not get past the dislike of lye, food safe calcium hydroxide (aka pickling lime) can be used instead but requires you do a dry tek like q21q21 to work correctly.

Johnsmith1605
#411 Posted : 7/10/2016 12:03:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
Johnsmith1605 wrote:

Lye has never been hard to get for me within the U.s. Lowe's usually Carries stuff in a black plastic bottle with a red cap labelled "100% lye". The website even provides an aisle location & how many are in stock at whatever store location you choose.

If you absolutely can not get past the dislike of lye, food safe calcium hydroxide (aka pickling lime) can be used instead but requires you do a dry tek like q21q21 to work correctly.

Really? My actual location doesn't have a local Lowe's, the closest one is about 30 minutes from here, so not to incredibly far. But far enough that i don't know their usual stock, Thanks so much! Big grin

concombres
#412 Posted : 7/10/2016 1:44:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Johnsmith1605 wrote:
concombres wrote:
Johnsmith1605 wrote:

Really? My actual location doesn't have a local Lowe's, the closest one is about 30 minutes from here, so not to incredibly far. But far enough that i don't know their usual stock, Thanks so much! Big grin

Most of the stores near me carry it. The brand name is roebic. It may be harder to find if you live in a rural area but if that is the case I hear tractor supply shops should have it as well.

Shvara
#413 Posted : 7/10/2016 8:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For Q21Q21's tek 1, are they just saying that you can't use lye because they see it as not food safe? I would like to try the tek but I have food-grade lye not lime as they recommend. Would lye actually not work or be dangerous etc or can I plug it into the tek?

TheCaterpillar
#414 Posted : 9/13/2016 2:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I realy want some 5-methoxyindole for 5-MeO-DMT but can't find a decent synthesis anywhere. They sell it online but I don't want to risk buying it I think the government is spying on my phone/bank. Edward Snowden predicted this kind of harassment... Anyhow if anyone knows where I can get some from a natural source or make it myself let me know thanks. 😀
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Madrus
#415 Posted : 10/18/2016 6:57:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you think the $5 Onyx "100%" acetone compares to the $30 reagent-grade stuff?

dfubster
#416 Posted : 10/18/2016 9:07:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am gearing up to do my first extraction and am trying to decide on the easiest to obtain/most efficient NPS.
I have read a lot (probably not enough yet!) so can anyone please tell me if Pentane is suitable for a MHRB extraction?

archenemy_6
#417 Posted : 10/22/2016 3:52:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I'm very new to the whole DMT community and I've never tried it but have thought about trying an extraction for a while now. I've done a little research here and there and was probably going to try for an ACRB extraction. I work at a car dealership and use non chlorinated brake cleaner almost every day. I haven't seen the full MSDS but on the back of the can it lists Heptane twice with two different CAS numbers and Toluene and Carbon dioxide. It seems to evaporate with no residue at all but I have never really fully tested it. Does this sound like something useful I could use?

downwardsfromzero
#418 Posted : 10/22/2016 12:57:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dfubster wrote:
I am gearing up to do my first extraction and am trying to decide on the easiest to obtain/most efficient NPS.
I have read a lot (probably not enough yet!) so can anyone please tell me if Pentane is suitable for a MHRB extraction?

Pentane has a very low boiling point, 36°C, which would make evaporation all too easy. This also presents a more severe fire hazard as a result. While it would do the job, saving it for recrystallisations or mini A/B might be the better option. A heavier solvent naphtha pulls the goodies more effectively (I would suggest). If you freeze precipitate from this you can then clean up with pentane although most here would recommend heptane for that purpose - it's easier to obtain and its higher boiling point, 98°C, makes it easier to work with and more amenable to use in recrystallisations.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#419 Posted : 10/22/2016 1:11:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

archenemy_6 wrote:
So I'm very new to the whole DMT community and I've never tried it but have thought about trying an extraction for a while now. I've done a little research here and there and was probably going to try for an ACRB extraction. I work at a car dealership and use non chlorinated brake cleaner almost every day. I haven't seen the full MSDS but on the back of the can it lists Heptane twice with two different CAS numbers and Toluene and Carbon dioxide. It seems to evaporate with no residue at all but I have never really fully tested it. Does this sound like something useful I could use?

Yes it does. Brake cleaner typically has to leave the surface mirror clean with no greasy residue. Bear in mind that the toluene will pull a broader spectrum of things from the bark and will prevent the use of freeze precipitation if it is present in any significant quantity. You are not obliged to use evaporation to recover the goods even though this would be the easiest option. If you back-salt you will be able to reuse your solvent and you'll have better karma for not polluting the atmosphere as much.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

archenemy_6
#420 Posted : 10/23/2016 12:32:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
archenemy_6 wrote:

Yes it does. Brake cleaner typically has to leave the surface mirror clean with no greasy residue. Bear in mind that the toluene will pull a broader spectrum of things from the bark and will prevent the use of freeze precipitation if it is present in any significant quantity. You are not obliged to use evaporation to recover the goods even though this would be the easiest option. If you back-salt you will be able to reuse your solvent and you'll have better karma for not polluting the atmosphere as much.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check out the full MSDS and see if I can find out how much Toluene is in it. It was my first thought because I could easily take some of the cans home and it wouldn't cost me anything.
I don't think I've ever heard of back salting. I'll make a note of it and read up as much as I can.

«PREV1920212223NEXT»