We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca or San Pedro in the Afterglow? Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 6/12/2016 8:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And by afterglow I mean 7-60 days after ingesting any iboga.

Would it be dangerous to consume Ayahuasca or San Pedro in this time period when there is noribogaine in the system? Or asking for a bad experience?

I ask because I am planning on attending a retreat using those medicines, but I would really like to microdose iboga beforehand to get my sh** together.

I have heard of mushrooms going over exceedingly well in that afterglow period, but I know that oral DMT may be different.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#2 Posted : 6/13/2016 9:38:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is not recommeneded to do any oral RIMA ( or also MAOI in this matter ) just after a flood. Maybe if you wait 30 days or up to 60, you come back to safe zone. RIMA metabolize also nor-ibogaïne.

Why not wait the 60 days mark post flood for aya ? Also after the flood you may be tempted to take iboga boosters ( small doses ), which will prolonge the afterglow.

I think for cacti and mescaline, you could do it depending on strains or alcaloïds present in said cacti ( some have their own RIMAs too if I understand well ).

I would not like mess up a good reset with too much mixing.

I think it has been done before, but really isn't safe waters ( and a flood is different than microdosing iboga alcaloïds, so please don't take all accounts of combining for granted ).

Why not stick with psilocybin mushroom for the first weeks post flood ( that and eventually a few iboga RB or Iboga TA boosters ), and maybe once hit the vaped n,n-DMT ( enhanced leaves or straight FB ).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 6/13/2016 2:47:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
RIMA metabolize also nor-ibogaïne.

What? RIMA metabolizes nor-ibogaine?

rOm wrote:
Why not wait the 60 days mark post flood for aya ? Also after the flood you may be tempted to take iboga boosters ( small doses ), which will prolonge the afterglow.

What if I do microdosing instead?

rOm wrote:
I think for cacti and mescaline, you could do it depending on strains or alcaloïds present in said cacti ( some have their own RIMAs too if I understand well ).

I would not like mess up a good reset with too much mixing.

I think it has been done before, but really isn't safe waters ( and a flood is different than microdosing iboga alcaloïds, so please don't take all accounts of combining for granted ).

Why not stick with psilocybin mushroom for the first weeks post flood ( that and eventually a few iboga RB or Iboga TA boosters ), and maybe once hit the vaped n,n-DMT ( enhanced leaves or straight FB ).

Psilocybin has a very good reputation for being used after iboga, but NOT DMT. I've heard of many accounts of DMT seeming very wrong/being very bad when used after Iboga.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

UgraKarma
#4 Posted : 6/16/2016 4:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:

Psilocybin has a very good reputation for being used after iboga, but NOT DMT. I've heard of many accounts of DMT seeming very wrong/being very bad when used after Iboga.

Conversely, iboga and 5-MeO-DMT get along famously.

EDIT: I want to qualify that quick statement above in that I'm referring to its use in the wake of a heavy session, not prior to or during.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

rOm
#5 Posted : 6/16/2016 5:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never combined iboga and dmt or aya yet. I did do a few combining and rememeber eating achuma post iboga was awesome. 5 MeO DMT was tempting for some reason. Maybe it synergizes better as Ugrakarma says.

If you go for it (dosing mesc cacti or any kind of tryptamines ), start microdosing is a good idea.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

RhythmSpring
#6 Posted : 6/19/2016 6:54:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone else? Tried ayahuasca 6-60 days after a flood session? Or some microdosing?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 7/14/2016 4:25:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone told me that he almost died because of doing ayahuasca shortly after iboga. I wouldn't risk it.

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 11/14/2016 12:36:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think ayahuasca would be better consumed prior to iboga as oppose to the other way around, and I think I'd want a gap of a few months between an iboga flood and an ayahuasca session just to play it safe, ibogaine/noribogaine hangs around in one's system for a fair chunk of time. I've heard of psilocybin and cannabis being used in the afterglow state with positive effect.

I did however eat a little San Pedro mescaline extract a few weeks after my first time flood session (large dose of TA) and it was highly distinct from any previous experience with the cactus...I only had a small dose of the cactus extract and it was a great deal more potent for the quantity than it had been pre iboga which was a welcome surprise, but also it really seemed to open my third eye again...I got this strongly on my iboga initiation; previous to this I hadn't even believed in a third eye. But the iboga opened this very clearly, and widely too, and the cactus did the same. It didn't seem to clash with the post iboga afterglow state in any way that's for sure, but I would definitely be weary when it comes to dosage, as it at least doubled the potency of the cactus.

I would be really interested in having a 5-MeO-DMT session in the iboga afterglow state...the two things apparently get on along and synergise really well, despite being very distinct...both though seem very good at pressing one's reset button in different ways. The views of a doctor who uses this particular combination on why it works so well:

"We started using 5-MeO-DMT about a year ago, and it was based on our observation that it seemed to work synergistically with the ibogaine treatment and had a profoundly positive effect on people and their outlook. The way that we describe it is that ibogaine brings up a lot of stuff from the subconscious, and some of the material can be quite dark. Patients are often overwhelmed with the information that they have been presented with because they see themselves as they really are. They come face to face with the wreckage that they’ve caused and all the opportunities that they’ve missed. Sometimes they are just sitting there overwhelmed, like ‘What have I done with my life and what am I going to do now?’ and feeling very heavy with all of the relationships that they need to fix.

When they have the experience with 5-MeO-DMT, which is a transcendental experience in the majority of patients and sometimes even a mystical experience, then all of the worries and concerns are washed away. They realize that everything is as it should be and that they are here for a reason, and literally a weight is lifted off their shoulders—you can see it in their body language and their facial expression. And it is not just a psychological effect, it’s also the interaction with the ibogaine. The fact that ibogaine metabolites are still in their system when the 5-MeO is administered potentiates the effects of the DMT. So while the 5-MeO by itself is profound, in combination with ibogaine it is even more therapeutic. When we saw that patients were having these really amazing experiences, we decided to incorporate it and make it part of the program. It’s optional, but most of the patients choose to do it."

http://psychedelictimes....-with-dr-martin-polanco/