We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Clarification regarding changa vaporization... Options

monomind
#1 Posted : 6/11/2016 1:46:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings, self proclaimed travelers!
Will appreciate some input regarding the benefits of vaping changa VS bong/pipe.
Harmalas require much higher temp than spice to evaporate, so common sense suggests that vaping will produce only or mainly dmt vapour... while the harmalas will remain in the leaf material.

Would love to hear some comments Thumbs up

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/11/2016 4:07:31 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Personally, I love changa in the bonga!

Big grin

I tried vaporizing but it does not work as well, IME. With the bong method I can cherry the top and cash the cone in one calculated puff, harmalas and all. This method has provided me with some of the most beautiful and some of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

ducdevil
#3 Posted : 6/11/2016 6:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well this is interesting for me as well. i recently had a couple of experiences that have baffled me...

simply put - can you "burn" the DMT if you hit the bong too hard with too much heat? i guess i thought that once the spice had been infused into the leaf, it didn't really matter how much or intense the flame was. i'm guessing i'm wrong...

i had one experience with the bong a few weeks back that was unbelievably wonderful and profound. yesterday, i had a very frustrating and confusing experience; i used a torch lighter on the leaf and hit it very hard, pretty much torching the entire bowl immediately, drawing in the smoke and holding it in as i should. almost no effect. like - nothing.

i don't think it was a case of being "shut out"; could be wrong, of course, but i'm thinking that i just blazed it all too hot and too quick. the other possibility was the leaf was, as it can be, unevenly saturated with the spice and i just happened to weigh out a dose that was "light"...who knows?

i was finding that my experiences were too uneven using an electric/portable vape; after that first time with the bong, not sure i'll ever go back to the vape. yet, yesterday was strange.

thoughts, Grateful One?

thanks

TGO
#4 Posted : 6/11/2016 7:08:26 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Well, I"d imagine that the plant matter can only protect the DMT so much and that it is possible to burn it still. I like to sprinkle just a very, very tiny amount of mullein on top of my changa and when I light it (standard Bic lighter btw) I only have the flame on it long enough to start a cherry and then I draw the hit in slowly and steadily until it is cashed. Doing it this way allows the cherry to do the work rather than a full on flame.

I'm guessing that if you torched it hard and continuously then most, if not all of the DMT may have burned. I think you covered the other possibilities of what may have gone wrong honestly.

Also, anytime that I have been shut out, I've had all the effects of a come up to the point where one would normally breakthrough and it just stops and I float back down. Hope some of this information is useful!

Smile

ducdevil
#5 Posted : 6/11/2016 7:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, i think you're right: i probably had an enormous amount of the torch on it - probably burnt it to a crisp instantly. the time before that worked so beautifully, i probably didn't do that. time for more research!

perhaps the traditional, bic lighter is the way to go for the changa/bonga...

one more question please: have you ever found an unevenness in a batch of changa? meaning that some parts/areas of the batch are more saturated than other parts? this last batch i made the only leaf i used was mullein - i have found it to be the most absorbent and spongy. i once made a batch of "electric sheep, and found that the different herbs didn't absorb the solvent the same. one load would be stellar; one would be very mild and light. my "technique" for creating changa is ok i'm pretty sure - i never rush the evaporation. good things come to those who wait!

thanks very much for your insight Cool Thumbs up

TGO
#6 Posted : 6/12/2016 2:34:46 AM

Welcoming committee

No problem!

I used to make fancy blends of changa before settling on plain mullein. With the fancier blends, I did run into the unevenness which would result in disappointing or overwhelming trips, never finding any consistency or middle ground.

Now I just use mullein + harmalas + DMT and that is it. With slow evaporation and semi-frequent and consistent stirring, I've found that the mullein gets saturated properly. There is always a bit of residue (I use a shot glass, which is perfect for infusing a gram of DMT at a time) leftover but I would consider it negligible.

Mullein FTW!

Very happy

monomind
#7 Posted : 6/12/2016 11:36:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Grateful one, thanks for your input Thumbs up
Out of curiosity, what proportions you use for dmt/harmalas/leaf ?
Mine is 2:1:2 and i feel its a bit harmala heavy for me... still experimenting.
And also... what size is your typical changa bowl ?

cheers

TGO
#8 Posted : 6/12/2016 11:41:22 PM

Welcoming committee

1:1:1 was my "go to" for a while but I started disliking the heavy harmala intake as well. That being said my ratios these days are something more like:

1g DMT + 1g mullein + 250-500mg harmala alkaloids. It really depends on how I'm feeling. I actually have two separate blends of changa, one with 250mg harmalas and one with 500mg.

Very happy

As for my changa bowl, I use a standard 10 inch glass water bong.

steppa
#9 Posted : 7/6/2016 6:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, my tries vaping changa were rather disapointing. So bong it is for me.

I setteled with mint as carrier leaf. Ratio is 1 : 1 : 0.3 (Leaf : DMT : Harmalas) for me.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Silly(c)One
#10 Posted : 8/12/2016 10:15:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have 2 methods of administration with changa : smoking it in a joint with tobacco (and a tiny bit of weed for taste), or vaporizing it in the Sherlock Glass VaporGenie.

Smoking it in a bowl/pipe is way too harsh for me (and all the friends I proposed the experience to), though I'm a long time joints smoker (27 years now Razz )
When smoking it in a joint, it is much more wasteful than by vaporizing (130mg for a full blown experience in a joint, 60mg in the Sherlock), but it comes much more gradually, over the course of a few minutes instead of 5-15 seconds. It's a different kind of healing, the messages from the spirits are much clearer to understand, probably because the harmalas are better assimilated than through vaporizing...
Also, in a joint, the first tokes relax me into getting in the experience (I believe this to be one of the effects of harmaline) and that's easier on the mind if I haven't done changa for a while.

My changa blend is as follows : 1g DMT + 1g caapi leaf + 250mg harmalas (freebase from rue)

โ—‹
#11 Posted : 8/13/2016 12:20:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

The Grateful One wrote:
1:1:1 was my "go to" for a while but I started disliking the heavy harmala intake as well. That being said my ratios these days are something more like:

1g DMT + 1g mullein + 250-500mg harmala alkaloids. It really depends on how I'm feeling. I actually have two separate blends of changa, one with 250mg harmalas and one with 500mg.

Very happy

As for my changa bowl, I use a standard 10 inch glass water bong.

Your getup sounds very similar to mine. Thumbs up Twisted Evil