We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Easy Ayahuasca Options

tregar
#21 Posted : 5/2/2016 1:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In dreams, soon will post dream experiences with South American leaf over the past 1.5 months, as in the past, had experiences with Hawaiian leaf only.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tregar
#22 Posted : 5/6/2016 2:25:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In dreams, found the ********** chacruna region leaf circulating is very good, 35 grams of the leaf in estimation contains about 1mg per gram of actives, or about 35mg actives in dreams when boiled down to tea form....very good option....hawaiian contains about 2mg per gram in estimation so 17grams of hawaiian = 35 grams of ********** leaf....is quite potent, dreamed it three times already, each time 2 weeks apart, very remarkable experiences, definately a transcendent & highly visual & audial 4 hours.

40 grams of leaf is "a bit too much" but 35grams of the leaf is "just right" highly visual and nice & strong...ranked 35 grams of the leaf each time as a "4" in the chart below with 80 grams equivalent good caapi taken at the exact same time in hot liquid form in dreams. Beginners would do well with 25 to 30 grams of the chacruna.

Quoting Jonathan Ott's entheogenic potency scale from his great book "Ayahuasca Analogues" On a 5-point potency scale, with:

1 = representing non-entheogenic stimulation
2 = representing the entheogenic threshold
3 = corresponding to a mild journey
4 = moderately strong journey [35 grams ********** leaf, each of 3 times ranked it a solid "4"]
5 = technical knockout of the ego [40 grams ********** leaf, 1 time, ranked it a solid "5"]

These journeys provide an experience of total sanity and give a several hour powerful & beautiful glimpse of a deeper, more heart-centered, and universal spiritual reality. Ayahuasca induces what may be regarded as a poetic stance, that is, a mode of being and cognition in which people see the world as poets and other artists such as painters do. The overall enhanced sensitivity, the metaphoricity, synaesthesia, and fluidity all contribute to this, and above all, namely, religious and divine transcendence....heightened aesthetic appreciation and increased conferral of meaningfulness, coupled with the dynamic parameters of speed of mental processing and fluidity results in enhanced cognitive novelty and creativity. Fantastic visions, heavenly hearing of music, transcendence to other fantastic realms, all part of the beautiful journeys.

As society becomes more and more degraded, the planet more and more polluted, and the natural world destroyed, the truth of what the great mystic Krishnamurthy said, 'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society,' will become ever more apparent to dreamers of these intelligent plant teachers.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

tregar
#23 Posted : 5/26/2016 1:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last post: Eariler in the day in dreams, drank 60 grams of caapi by itself, then 6 hours later had an experience tonight with 80 grams caapi & 35 grams of psychotria that was just a tad bit too strong for my liking, so I kept my eyes closed for the 1st 90minutes of the experience, the visions were quite remarkable however, brightly colored naked voluptuous ladies parading and dancing, rotating pillars made of marble and precious stones spinning slowly in the forefront before them, 2 hours of unbelievable CEV visions,..music sounded like a gift bestowed from heaven. From now on I'm only brewing about 28grams of this leaf.

What was interesting however, and this was the 1st time I had ever done this, was that the 2 large doses of caapi in one day gave for an experience that continued past the normal 4 hours, with 2 additional hours of combined caapi visions beyond the effects of caapi + leaf, the 2 additional hours of caapi visions (beyond the normal 4 hours of caapi+leaf) were extraordinary on their own, and were brightly colored without any leaf still acting, I watched these additional visions with closed eyes for another good 2 hours completely in awe, very cultural related and transcendent, grand architecture, the most beautiful and perfect female forms I had ever seen, all so perfect and pristine, like from another world of perfection....this only strengthened my belief that the Ayahuasca "is" caapi, and can completely stand on it's own with flurorescent CEV visions even without any leaf still acting...the caapi is the source of it all, the leaf mearly the light to brighten it all up...but even the leaf or light is not necessarily needed with spaced out doses of good caapi by itself.

Anyhow, my point is that chacruna can be completely inactive to great levels, love chacruna personally, and always stick with it.

Update: was so inspired by the beautiful visions, that next day expanded my outdoor garden by double it's size, adding more sunflowers, wildflowers, succulents & planted hundreds of flower seeds in seperate pots with mix of potting soil/compost/perlite.

Rabbit
#24 Posted : 5/29/2016 9:14:59 PM

Hopping through time and space

Tregar:

My rabbit thanks you for this immensely! He never seemed to be able to get that last bit of 'mud' out from the tea, and always suffered from intense nausea during the experience. Didn't think the residue had anything to do with it. The cotton ball in the funnel not only removed that, but also resulted in -zero- nausea for him!

Thanks so much!!

tregar
#25 Posted : 5/30/2016 3:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rabbit said:
Quote:
My rabbit thanks you for this immensely! He never seemed to be able to get that last bit of 'mud' out from the tea, and always suffered from intense nausea during the experience. Didn't think the residue had anything to do with it. The cotton ball in the funnel not only removed that, but also resulted in -zero- nausea for him!

Thanks so much!!
So glad to hear that Rabbit! Since discovering the cotton ball in a funnel method many months ago, swim has dreamed over 6 Ayahuasca experiences since then as well with no purging or physical nausea in the stomach or intestines. Glad to hear it has worked for 2 others. As swim has a sensitive stomach, swim didn't like purging as most everytime it would hit too early and everything would come up and as a result there would be no journey....actually learned that this is caused by muddy like sediment in the plant matter from Sync and Meteor over a decade ago, they were right.

tregar
#26 Posted : 5/31/2016 4:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On a closing note, Ayahuasca is a great way to stay Entheogenic/Psychedelic for the rest of your life. The beautiful visions also inspired me to haul 5 gallon buckets of soil to dump into the city's empty 3' wide concrete planters located all around the benches on the sidewalks, and planted hundreds of wildflower/sunflower/zennia seeds on top the soil and stamped it down, to beautify the walking areas in other words, as the city could care less about filling the planters they put out, been that way for years--as they have been growing nothing but weeds since they put the planters out. I don't understand how the stupid city can use all the tax money to build stadiums to bring in more money to fill their pockets from competitions, but they won't build a park or a city swimming pool or even fill in the planters with flowers.

tregar
#27 Posted : 6/3/2016 11:09:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last words of recommendation: So long as your leaf is not hawaiian, 25 grams is a good starting point. Hawaiian you would only need 1/2 that amount of around 13grams, and with some variety, even much less than that.

There is a pretty big difference between the South American 25 grams (very nice), 30 grams (strong), 35 grams (a bit too strong for me) and 40 grams (ego loss)...I've tested all the various levels, and prefer the 25 to 30 grams only, when it's too strong (35 grams) you often miss out on the first 90 minutes until it lowers in intensity quite a few notches after that...when it then becomes more enjoyable...i'd rather just use in dreams 25 grams to 30 grams and enjoy the full 4 hours, 25 grams actually being plenty. When it's too strong, I'm often just laying there wishing it would lower in intensity....but it won't do that for at least 1.5 hour...so it's often best to start low and find a comfortable nice level and brew with that all the time, you will find it's very nice indeed.

Some leaf might even be inactive to lower than normal at 25 grams, you just never know until you dream try...buy you always want your Ayahuasca to be gentle when you first start out or you might be scared away forever from a journey that is too strong. Notice the increases in intensity above with just an extra 5 grams each time when the leaf is good.

Update: Always remember, Less is more. I now only use 25 grams leaf, and find it Heavenly for hours. When you dream Ayahuasca, you enter into a Sacred University of Love & Knowledge.

tregar
#28 Posted : 6/15/2016 11:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What aggrevated me last time was I had dreamed in dreams 25 grams of normal leaf, however, I should have known when sipping it -- not to drink all of it -- as it was twice the potency of what it is normally -- so it was like drinking 50 grams of leaf -- it was one of the strongest journeys ever, and one I never want to repeat again -- so I kept my eyes closed the whole time to ride it out.

What I learned from this lesson -- is that when you notice the brew is "double the bitterness" that it is normally -- that it will double the strength as well, and to only drink half of it rather than go on a real strong journey. In the past 12 times I've had this 25 to 35 grams of leaf, this was the only time it was double the potency at 25 grams, the rest of the times, it was expected strength. This can happen occasionally--so always use your taste buds to gauge bitterness--I've always noticed when it is twice as bitter--the kind that makes you cringe from a 3oz brew is -- watch out and don't drink all of it.

I think the best thing to do when in dreams you encounter a very bitter brew that you can detect is twice the bitterness of normal, is to just put it away -- dont drink it! and divide into two portions at a later date, and add additional caapi to each to bring to normal level caapi for each, effectively creating two seperate doses....this would be much preferable to drinking a brew that is too strong imho, as drinking a too strong brew is not only no fun, but increases nausea.

Over the years, I can recall this happening to me in dreams (too strong brews) about 5 times out of some 50 times...and each and every time it was do to drinking a 3oz brew that I could easily detect was super-super bitter, twice the bitterness of normal--and this resulted in a journey that was twice the strength as normal...since this time I have learned to just stop drinking it if it is too bitter, postpone the journey for some other time by dividing into 2 brews as mentioned above. I don't like overly strong journeys--only normal strength ones--which are Heavenly.

tregar
#29 Posted : 6/23/2016 2:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim has been burned countless times with South American chacruna, no matter where it is from. However, Hawaiian leaf is quite good, but you have to be careful as swim has seen Hawaiian leaf that is either fake or nearly inactive as well. Sometimes, have to wait half a year or longer for some good leaf to come around, it is quite a chore to find good leaf, but it is out there at times. Always get a small amount of it to test in dreams before getting more is an important tip. South American Chaliponga is always quite active, but as most others have mentioned only about 5 to 6 grams or so max, it becomes quite unpredictable at higher amounts and physically taxing as well, do to all the other components of it. Bitterness of Chacruna is quite a good indicator of it's potency when boiled down to 3oz, this way every time it is easy to pretty much tell what the strength of it will be by it's bitterness, when not bitter at all, nothing...when it is midway bitter active, when twice as bitter, then twice as active...this is what have learned over the years.

tregar
#30 Posted : 7/21/2016 2:02:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Current research reveals yuremamine (which is found in mimosa and acacia) is an mao inhibitor, and should not be combined therefore with caapi or even rue in dreams:

Quote:
intramolecular hydrogen bonding of the tertiary aliphatic nitrogen of yuremamine protects it from metabolism and could allow it to act as an inhibitor of MAO, thus facilitating the oral activity of DMT in this single-plant formulation. Presently the putative pharmacology of purified yuremamine is unknown.

Full document on yuremamine:
https://catbull.com/alam...%20New%20Phytoindole.pdf

The one time swim dreamed with bark, did not like it, stomach felt sick for 2 hours, the taste was terrible, anxiety, found it dark/unpleasant with underground type visions: devils & fangs so avoided after that one unpleasant time, it was way different from using psychotria--which always felt 100% safe & non-toxic, streamlined, nice and very pleasant, immense love, no anxiety either...visions with leaf were divine, heavenly.

More on various bark vs. leaf:
Quote:
Dzikus:

Chacruna and Chaliponga are similar in effects, usually bright and colorful. Both have a long history of indigenous use as admixtures to Ayahuasca. Chacruna is the kindest of them all. Chaliponga contains 5-MeO-DMT as well as N,N-DMT. Her visions are somewhat fuzzier, but the effects seem to last longer, and the afterglow is more pronounced. Jurema contains some other stuff not well known, which some call "jungle DMT". It is sinister and scary, much about devils and death. Her visions are of subterranean worlds- hell, caves, underground tunnels.

69Ron:

SWIM has more consistent results from Hawaiian Psychotria viridis. Hawaiian Psychotria viridis is less toxic compared to Mimosa. Mimosa has a lot of tannins and other junk you don’t want to ingest. Most people find Psychotria more pleasant and less toxic feeling that Mimosa.

For ayahuasca, P. viridis is much better. The trip is smoother, less toxic feeling. SWIM always prefers P. viridis over M. hostilis. The effects are cleaner, friendlier, and just plain better. There’s something about M. hostilis that makes it feel darker, more toxic.

A caapi only brew is sometimes recommended as your first experience. Harmine and tetrahydroharmine are the main active alkaloids in caapi, and when taken together without admixture plant, they alone can cause visions, but they are dark, daydream-like, and not as vivid as those had when an admixture plant source is added. Admixture greatly enhances the visual effects of harmine and harmaline, and also introduces “psychedelic” alterations to the thought processes. Admixture makes the experience much more intense, and can also make the experience more frightening for a first time user, especially if the dose is high enough.

My recommendation for a first time experience is to use a weak brew made using chacruna and caapi and nothing else. Don't use mimosa, and don't use chaliponga. Chacruna gives a much friendlier experience than either mimosa or chaliponga. Chaliponga is often recommended for experienced users only.

Seriously, don’t use mimosa. There is no such thing as Ayahuasca made with mimosa. The natives do not use mimosa for making Ayahuasca. There must be a good reason they don’t use it in Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca made with mimosa feels quite toxic to SWIM, and is probably not good for you. That’s probably why they don’t use it. When SWIM uses mimosa in ayahuasca he feels tense, gets lots of stomach problems, and feels some unusual toxic effects that are hard to describe. It just doesn’t feel healthy to SWIM. SWIM has decided to never use ayahuasca made with mimosa. He thinks possibly liver damage or something worse may be the result of using mimosa in ayahuasca too often. There are no long term studies of users of mimosa based ayahuasca around to show that it’s safe. There are such studies for ayahuasca made with chacruna and chaliponga showing that long term use is safe.

I think once you've had enough experience with ayahuasca made with chacruna and ayahuasca made with mimosa, you'll notice just how much more toxic a mimosa based ayahuasca feels, and you’re likely going to stop using it and switch to brews made with chacruna.

I think listening to the body is important. Mimosa in Ayahuasca doesn't feel healthy.

As for the natives who use mimosa, they don't use it with any MAOI, and their habit has not been extensively studied.

Most people use mimosa because it's cheaper, and when they are given real ayahuasca made with chacruna, most of them make the switch to it because it feels much healthier. That’s been SWIM’s experience with the people he knows.

Mimosa is cheap. People use it because it's cheap. Same with rue. People use rue because it’s cheap.

There are many shamans who have the internet now and know about how cheap mimosa is and have tried it. So your reasoning behind why they do not use mimosa in ayahuasca only applies to shamans living in the jungle. Other shamans who know about mimosa still do not use it in ayahuasca because their followers in general prefer ayahuasca made with chacruna. It feels better for the body and has a long history of safe use.

I’m willing to bet that long term use of ayahuasca made with mimosa will cause liver damage or some other health problems. It feels that toxic to SWIM.

shroomdoom:

I prefer Chacruna by far to Mimosa which consistently produces a rougher more confusing experience. Let's just say this I would rather be deep in and fully immersed ( complete with throbbing machine/wave vibration noise...you know the one) in a wall of visions from Chacruna any day than M hostilis.

The content of my experiences from Mimosa has been largely negative and much more confusing/disorienting. First of all I hate to brew it because it's got too much tannins and it's nasty to digest. Then Mimosa seems to be this wily, semi-malevolent character that is happy to kick your ass in an overt way. I feel like drinking brews with mimosa induce a savage and jubilant eating of my psyche with this purple, green, red and golden parade to accompany.

The first difference I notice to Chacruna, I feel more disoriented and fearful from my mimosa brews and the anxiety level is high. I have seen other people react even more extremely negatively than myself to mimosa and rue preparations; a girl screaming vocalizations that sound inhuman, a guy having involuntary and violent spasms that resemble breakdancing of some sort, a grown man in his 30s unhinged so bad he was afraid to be in the dark alone in the 3 weeks after his experience. I have seen enough repeated negative reactions dealing with Mimosa and companion plants to not want to ever work with it again in my brews or recommend it to anyone. I don't know if it's the companion alkaloids or the high amount of tannins ect but something about that stuff isn't nice.

Also for me it has nothing to do with high vs low DMT content effecting the quality of the experience. I have Hawaiian Chacruna of legendary potency that works at roughly the same gram amounts as m. hostilis bark. I just don't like that Jurema in my Ayahuasca. Call it personal preference.

Jixe:

I wouldn't mix acacia with ayahuasca vine (caapi) It's not a good idea in my experience and from seeing others especially with trouble breathing, this is why actually just mix aya vine and the chacruna or chali.

Atheio (4 years ago):

Be careful with acacia confusa, it has another alkaloid called NMT. Which MHRB does not have, and AFAIK it's been connected to bad experiences.

TheAppleCore:

Definitely go with the chacruna (psychotria viridis).

There are a few reasons that mimosa hostilis is not ideal for a newcomer to ayahuasca. Firstly, p. viridis is essentially nontoxic, whereas m. hostilis has toxins that increase the likelihood of overdose, or at least a highly unpleasant experience (I have been there, due to careless brewing, and yes it is *horrible*). Secondly, m. hostilis is known as having a very harsh and unforgiving "spirit", whereas chacruna is generally considered to have more of a gentle and maternal spirit. Thirdly, chacruna has a very long history of traditional use in ayahuasca brews, and has a very good safety track record, whereas we are currently unsure of potential long-term health ramifications of m. hostilis as an aya admixture.

swimmingdancer:

There are all sorts of alkaloids and various other compounds in the plants. One alkaloid that I know has been isolated in mimosa hostilis is yuremamine. There is not much yet known about yuremamine, it represents an entirely new family of indole derivatives (tryptophan, the precursor of serotonin is an indole as well). Yuremamine also contains DMT within its molecular structure. It has been suggested that perhaps one of yuremamine's properties might be that it acts as an MAOI or a prodrug, because mimosa has been found to be orally active while DMT on its own is not.

Becometheother (9/25/2016):
---------------
Some of the exact same stuff I just said above is 100 percent echoed here, which I think adds some weight to what I said. Right down to the visions of darkness and hell! And I have never read this thread before..

Is is a pretty well known generality within the aya community that aya is lighter and more gentle on the body and mind then rue.

Rue mimosa for me is a fiery experience that also seems very masculine. Visions of fire and even the underworld come into being. Intense primordial energies are encountered. Feelings of actually being poisoned come up. The visions for me lead to words the darker. I met a spirit that appeared in the dress of a witch doctor and stared face to face with me but his eyes were only empty sockets. He followed me around the rest of the experience.

Ayahuasca is much lighter and airy, much more the upper than the lower world. More feminine. For example on traditional vine and leaf aya, I saw a vision of a diverse group of humans holding hands in a giant circle dancing together to the rhythm of a very nice song that I can actually remember the melody of. Then I experienced the pure love of the universe, nothing but pure love, and was told I am always loved and never to give into fear cause I have love.

I had a journey to a sub aquatic realm where my friend appeared to be some kind of octopus and I had grippy water visuals and sounds all night.

Although themes and content may change, that much is consistent aya is compared to the air the water female light. Mimosa rue, compared to heavy earth fire masculine. Also from a less spiritual and more practical standpoint rue mimosa IS harsher on the body by a long shot.

It may sound like I am saying aya is better, I am not, I actually have the most experience with rue and mimosa and often gravitate tword fire and darkness Smile

I'm not inferring there is subtle differences I'm outright saying the differences are huge. And not just related to chemistry, I'm talking about the whole package.

How many times have you used aya and how many times with acacia rue? I think it's relevant if you don't mind answering.

Also I'm really curious on others perspective, if not I know I could dig up some old mimosa vs aya threads.
All is in good spirit though, in the end we are more similar then different and at least we have in common that we are passionate about these substances and mysticism.

medchemist (April 25, 2011)

from Ayahuasca.com "what are Ayahuasca analogues" comments after the main paper:

To this discussion I will add a cautionary word of advice regarding P. harmala and Mimosa hostilis admixtures. I used a tea prepared from exactly 3.0g Syrian Rue seeds and 3.0 – 6.0g jeruma on a fairly regular basis some 5 years ago. My friend also participated in these experiences with me. The tea was prepared by three consecutive extractions of the two plant materials mixed together in the ratio stated. The solvent was 1/4 lemon juice water, and the temperature was just at the point of a light boil for all three extractions. Plant material was removed by filtration through a white cotton t-shirt in every case. The experiences from this teas decoction are unequaled by anything I have ever known in my life.

Unfortunately, following about a half a year of using this tea about twice per month on average, I developed drug-induced hepatitis, bloody urine, and grey stools. A visit to the doctor revealed that my liver AST and ALT levels were through the roof. My firend also had this same result. After cessation of tea consumption, we both returned to normal health. I cannot say whether it was the jerume, the rue, or both plants that caused this, and there were no other drugs in the equation in either my case or my friend’s case. I am no a pharmaceutical scientist, and I cannot find any systematic studies that have been done on the various admixtures of ayahuasca that prove or discount liver/kidney toxicity.

However, i would urge anyone who is thinking about traveling the sweet road of ayahuasca visions to take care to avoid jeruma and syrian rue. Again, I do not know that the vine and chacruna are any easier on the liver, but I can say for certain that in two different cases, frequent use of rue and jeruma is a road to hepatotoxicity. I would also think that those who are already hepatocompromised should avoid rue and jeruma at all costs. I dislike that this is the case, because I loved the stuff, but I think there needs to be strong scientific evidence that ayahuasca is not systemically toxic.

Unfortunately, such evidence is lacking at this writing. Try the vine and chacruna if you must, but be careful even then, and make sure you get check ups and bloodwork from your doctor to ensure that your liver and kidneys are not being compromised. For my part, I regard either rue or jeruma as unacceptably toxic. Tread with caution folks, and stay free.

In conclusion: "differing view points" in the literature: Julian Palmer talks about his experiences with traditional vs. non-traditional Ayahuasca in his book "Articulations, On the Utilization and Meaning of Psychedelics", very down to earth book written by an Australian expert (brilliant writer as well) with over 20 years experience...in chapter 4 he covers "Ayahuasca". Benny Shanon covers his 130 plus experiences with "traditional" Ayahuasca in his book "Antipodes of the Mind".
New continued topic:

More information on harmalas [see "compilation of caapi & harmala only visions from the literature"] in the Harmalas section:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=747898&#post747898

tregar
#31 Posted : 9/19/2016 4:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier in dreams....but arrived at a method for ensuring that each Leaf Dose is of the same "medium intensity"....instead of brewing 25 grams of Hawaiian leaf each time and not knowing how strong it is....simply brewed 250 grams of Hawaiian leaf at once, filtered as per above, then reduced down to 20 oz so that each 2oz (60ml) = 25 grams of leaf....this allows for 10 x 2oz doses of the same preferred intensity...reduction standardization in other words, very much preferred as this rules out accidental ingestion of overly powerful leaf batch...as each dose is standardized, simple and effective.

In the past have been caught off guard by an overly powerful batch of leaf every now and then which is not only too intense, but scary, and can be emotionally jarring for the 1st 90 minutes...the above reduction standardization process starting with a larger qty of leaf allows for each of the 10 doses to be of the same intensity, ruling out accidental ingestion of an overly powerful batch, as the proper intensity each and every time is to be desired as it is then very nice, and controllable....have always been of the opinion that the caapi is the main course anyways, and the leaf serving as the "light" to light up the visions, too much leaf or "light" results in "overexposure", and increased nausea when it is usually at or near zero when leaf dose is of proper intensity, not to mention anxiety, etc. which is near zero once again with the proper leaf dose.

Bitterness is a good indicator of potency when the activity occasionaly fluctuates, the more bitter when boiled down to standard 2oz, the stronger in dreams, which allows one to modulate strength depending on how bitter. Much South American leaf will be bland and non-bitter and very weak as compared with same amounts of Island leaf. With this standardization process, the bitterness will be consistent across all 10 doses.

With this standardization process, a 100ml measuring cylinder can be used to measure with:
60ml (2.0 oz) = 25 grams leaf
50ml (1.7 oz) = 20 grams leaf
40ml (1.35oz) = 17 grams leaf
30ml (1.0 oz) = 13 grams leaf

Last visionary experience some time ago in dreams with 25 grams: brightly colored half-naked voluptuous ladies with beautiful blue, orange and yellow ornately decorated see thru bralettes (showcasing brightly colored diamond like complex patterns on the material) were dancing with rotating pillars made of marble and precious stones spinning slowly in the forefront before them, 2 hours of unbelievable CEV visions,..music sounded like a gift bestowed from heaven. In past experiences have in dreams experienced flying over what looked like Los Angeles viewing the earth below with the eyesight of a bird, saw the homes and swimming pools, trees and streets below, many of these visions you feel like you are actually remote-viewing what is actually occurred, remarkable dreams.

In other dreams, fantasy takes over and you are able to control the brightly colored fluorescent visions for long periods of time, like a creative artists. I believe the term for this is "Oneirophrenia", an enhancement of fantasy which, remarkable as it may be, does not interfere with ego functions. Such an enhancement of fantasy is in the nature of both an increase in vividness of visual imagery (which takes on an eidetic quality) and an increased spontaneity of content, which resembles that of true dreams more than that of ordinary daydreams. Caapi & Leaf is the only entheogen have ever been able to create beautiful cartoon like imagery fantasy that is mold-able and creatively controlled via fantasy, but with enhancements from beyond, from some other world or remarkable place that aids your fantasy with unbelievable creativity, flow & perfection, this occurring with larger doses of caapi or additional dose of caapi later, unexplainable in human terms, quite paranormal in other words.

Psychoanalysts, such as Claudio Naranjo, in the sixties have described the value of ibogaine-induced oneirophrenia for inducing and manipulating free fantasy and dream-like associations in patients under treatment. The combined components of caapi working together in decent to larger amounts esp. when spaced out by many hours to reduce side-effects (along with additional small amounts of leaf) imho can approach the oneirophrenia you read about induced by ibogaine along with all the associated side effects such as dizziness, un-ability to want to move around much & possible nausea.

From Page 389 of "Psychotropic Properties of the Harmala Alkaloids", Claudio Naranjo, Department of Anthropological Medicine University of Chile, Santiago, Chile:
Quote:
With harmaline, and by association tetrahydroharmine, Other recurrent open eye visual phenomena were a rapid lateral vibration in the field of vision and double or multiple contours in objects, especially when these were in motion or when the subject's eyes turned away from them. Some described lightning-like flashes.

With closed eyes, imagery was abundant and most often vivid and bright colored, with a predominance of red-green or blue-orange contrasts. Longdream-like sequences were much more frequent for harmaline than for mescaline. Certain themes, such as felines, negroes, eyes, and flying are frequent and have been reported elsewhere [18].

The open eyes effects match what Suicybe said in 2010:
Quote:
i've had a half gram of THH taken orally, the THH caused extreme ghost tracers and shutter like perception almost like glitching.

From "Psycotherapeutic Possibilities of New Fantasy-Enhancing Drugs" Clinical Toxicology, 2(2), pp. 209-224, June 1969: Naranjo describes the oneirophrenia differences between harmaline and ibogaine as follows:
Quote:
It is the harmaline and ibogaine intoxications that are of greatest interest from the point of view of psychological exploration or of psychotherapeutic endeavor. At the dosage level of 4-5mg/kg both harmaline and ibogaine elicit subjective reactions such as will be described in the following pages, which last for approximately 6 hr. In addition to this, about 50% of the subjects receiving either drug experience dizziness, incoordination, nausea, and vomiting at some point or other in the session. (page 219): Compared to the effects of harmaline, those of ibogaine seem less exotic.

As Benny Shanon once wrote:
Quote:
On the basis of extended observation, I can attest that extraordinary as the Ayahuasca visions are, they do fit what might be characterized as the mindset of the individual drinker. A person who is religiously inclined is more likely to have visions pertaining to the Divine, one who is adventure-minded is more prone to have phantasmagoric voyages, one who has a light-hearted, playful character may have ludic-like experiences. Similarly, persons normally interested in philosophy are more likely to experience metaphysical visions and ideations. All these statements are based on actual, concrete cases I have interviewed and observed. Further, an inspection of the data furnished by the interviews I have conducted reveals that some of the richest visions reported were furnished by people who are either professional artists or artistically inclined.

I agree with him in that in those instances in which you enter fantasy realms, you will be able to control and guide the fantastic imagery in the direction you choose, with as mentioned before those remarkable enhancements from another place, creating imagery with a perfect creative flaire and style that is so fantastic it is hard to believe.

tregar
#32 Posted : 10/13/2016 3:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick condensed form of the dream process in this thread for easy reading:

In dreams, with hawaiian psychotria leaf, which is the only kind of "light" I've ever dreamed of which I really love (and the only kind of leaf will dream period) I'll blend 15 to 25g into very fine particles in a blender (nearly dust size), add to a small pyrex dish, add hot water and boil it for 30 minutes, then filter it all thru a "coffee metal cone" (made of super fine strong wires, found mine at *almart). The metal cone gets out all the leaf particles. The coffee metal cone sits inside the top of a wide-mouthed thick mug I found at a gas station. Then filter the hot liquid thru a cotton ball which is stuffed into a large new clean automotive funnel (which all sits atop a large jar)...when it clogs, just pour the liquid from the funnel into an adjacent waiting same setup of a large funnel with a cotton ball in it, it filters fairly fast, the cotton gets out all "the mud" and fine sediment which is irritating to the intestines...poke out the cotton with a chopstick and replace it with a fresh cotton should both the cottons stall.

Usually 1/2 the liquid will filter well before having to replace the cotton, then continue on with the filtering....this easy filtering takes only 3 to 5 minutes at the most...getting all the fine muddy-like-sediment out of the brew greatly reduces nausea to near zero everytime yet retains all the strength/activity as the actives are in their natural salt form and stay dissolved in the water only. If you wish to purge, just leave the sediment in, and don't do any cotton filtering.

Then combine both liquids from the cotton funnel filtering into a small pyrex dish once again, and reduce it down on medium boil to 2 oz, then just stir in the caapi brew or caapi extract, and it's done....only 2oz to get down the hatch, if your leaf was fairly potent, it will have a bitter taste to the liquid.

The taste is absolutely terrible, but I see it as the price of admission in dreams. The dynamics of digestion of everything in this hot liquid form are quite extraordinary however, it works very well. Often a small slice of cream cheese will be needed to kick out the "light" about 1 and 1/2 hour in, as the light actives get trapped in the gall bladder quite often and need something fatty to kick it all out, but everyone is different, with others this kicking out is not needed..

Both caapi and leaf liquid must be combined into one single liquid for best results, both taken at the exact same time just as the Shaman's do. Have used this method many times over the years in dreams, always works extremely well...gives a good 3 hour experience with 90 minutes of strong activity....if a 2nd dose is taken, will usually wait 4 or more hours after the 1st dose, keep the "light" or leaf level even lower on 2nd dose or brew as you become ever more sensitive the 2nd time, so less light is needed. The caapi will really shine the 2nd time around, and visions are very prominent as the caapi amount rises, often lasting for many hours with eyes closed, the dream like fantastic visions that is. Very little to no light will even be needed to see these visions the 2nd time around, as the caapi force really comes alive, don't do this very often, only a few times a year, as the 2nd dose or brew is more challenging, as sides can increase like not wanting to move at all, possible dizziness, etc. takes much practice, not for a beginner.

Used to dream 25 grams of leaf which was fairly moderately strong, but now prefer lower levels of light (15 to 20 grams)...less is often more, esp when the caapi is the main course anyways. Careful as some Hawaiian leaf would be "strong" at 15 grams, while other variety is strong at 25 grams, I am able to tell the approximate strength of the brew by the bitterness of the leaf liquid, and adjust to suit before adding the caapi brew or extract to it. Always start low with unknown hawaiian which would be around 10 to 15 grams to start. Have also seen some Hawaiian leaf advertised "as strong" before but was not all that strong, requiring a whopping 40 grams to equal normal 15 grams of Hawaiian, but this is very rare, been tracking Hawaiian leaf for many, many years as it is my favorite, and nothing else really comes close, it's safe and effective and strong and traditional.

Believe it or not, but a sample sip of the reduced 2oz of leaf brew in question will give an indicator of bitterness, which I've found over the years is a fairly reliable indicator of potency to come. Blandness or non-bitterness (mostly found with South American leaf at low amounts) indicated very weak potency to come in dreams.

In dreams, have experienced flying over what looked Los Angeles, viewing the trees, streets, and swimming pools below, with the eyesight of a bird, have seen chalkboards full of mathematical equations and scientific discoveries, fairy tale lands made of candy canes, scenes from the renaissance period of the homes and a woman inside who had lost her ring, and was looking for it, then she peared through the open window at the expansive view outside, totems on distant islands, very intricate with all the details seen, pretty & inviting disembodied female faces, a magnificent decorated elephant, beautiful semi-clad dressed women seen quite often, spinning geometrics, architecture made of precious stones, etc. The visions are extremely detailed with super fine resolution as if from some other world, impossibly beautiful and transcendent. The things seen with closed eyes are indeed remarkable and are always different every time, nothing repeats. One of the most remarkable visions I had was being shown the circular island city of Atlantis as it existed, I was taken on a tour of the city from sky view to inside of it's center. With open eyes, the world is beautiful, beauty seems to go on for infinity and music is heavenly, all the senses super magnified.

Too much leaf can result in a difficult experience (for the 1st 90 minutes) where all I want to do is close my eyes to ride it out, but I have should have known better at the time, as the brew was extremely bitter and fore-warned of a difficult and overlypowerful experience to come, this has happened to me about 5 times in the past, and I had since learned to use more careful amounts of leaf, and gauge the bitterness to avoid overly powerful brews. If this ever happens to you, just know that after 1 and 1/2 hour, the experience will become much more manageable as it tones down several notches in strength.

The caapi is indeed the source of all the visions, with only the tiniest amounts of leaf needed to light the visions up, but even the leaf or light is not needed when higher amounts or 2nd brews of caapi are dreamed of, as the caapi can provide the light on it's own, and hence why Ayahuasca is caapi. Semi-Fluorescent visions are entirely possible on the 2nd brew without even any light or leaf added, and these visions can last as long as 6 hours in some cases.

As can be seen from these studies on harmaline and thh (components of caapi) back in the 1960's, brightly colored visions were possible on these alone without any "leaf" or "light" added:

From Page 389 of "Psychotropic Properties of the Harmala Alkaloids", Claudio Naranjo, Department of Anthropological Medicine University of Chile, Santiago, Chile:
Quote:
With harmaline, and by association tetrahydroharmine, Other recurrent open eye visual phenomena were a rapid lateral vibration in the field of vision and double or multiple contours in objects, especially when these were in motion or when the subject's eyes turned away from them. Some described lightning-like flashes.

With closed eyes, imagery was abundant and most often vivid and bright colored, with a predominance of red-green or blue-orange contrasts. Longdream-like sequences were much more frequent for harmaline than for mescaline. Certain themes, such as felines, negroes, eyes, and flying are frequent and have been reported elsewhere [18].

The open eyes effects match what Suicybe said in 2010:
Quote:
i've had several hundred milligrams of THH taken orally, the THH caused extreme ghost tracers and shutter like perception almost like glitching with open eyes.

From page 390:
Quote:
Moreover, harmaline appears to be more hallucinogenic than mescaline (the most visually acting drug in its chemical group), both in terms of the number of images reported and their realistic quality with closed eyes. In fact some subjects felt that certain scenes which they saw had really happened, and that they had been as disembodied witnesses of them in a different time and place. This matches the experience of South American Shamans who drink Ayahuasca for purposes of divination.

The remarkable vividness of imagery viewed under the effect of harmaline, together with phenomena such as (with open eyes) double contours and persistence of afterimages (closed eyes), had led us to suspect a retinal effect of the drug, and this suspicion was confirmed in with brain cortex readings.

From page 387 of "Psychotropic Properties of the Harmala Alkaloids", Claudio Naranjo, Department of Anthropological Medicine University of Chile, Santiago, Chile:
Quote:
Tetrahydroharmine (THH), the reduction product of harmaline, and one of the major components of caapi, is another substance studied by Gunn and shown to be similar to its more saturated homo-logs, but three times less active than harmaline. Racemic tetrahydroharmine, up to 300mg by mouth had subjective effects similar to 100mg of harmaline. A single experiment suggested that racemic tetrahydroharmine was about 1/3rd as active as harmaline.

From "Psycotherapeutic Possibilities of New Fantasy-Enhancing Drugs" Clinical Toxicology, 2(2), pp. 209-224, June 1969: Naranjo describes the oneirophrenia differences between harmaline and ibogaine as follows:
Quote:
It is the harmaline and ibogaine intoxications that are of greatest interest from the point of view of psychological exploration or of psychotherapeutic endeavor. At the dosage level of 4-5mg/kg both harmaline and ibogaine elicit subjective reactions such as will be described in the following pages, which last for approximately 6 hr. In addition to this, about 50% of the subjects receiving either drug experience dizziness, incoordination, nausea, and vomiting at some point or other in the session. (page 219): Compared to the effects of harmaline, those of ibogaine seem less exotic.

More on "caapi and harmala only visions" can be read here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=69515&p=2

The importance of caapi: "Unraveling the Mysteries of the Origins of Ayahuasca" by Highpine:
http://www.ayahuasca.com...the-origin-of-ayahuasca/

tregar
#33 Posted : 10/18/2016 11:02:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From Pinchbeck's book "Breaking Open the Head":
Quote:
For many people,Ayahuasca-a slowed-down low-res interface of the DMT flash-seems to convey strong messages from the natural world, of nature as sentient energy and spirit matter, of the need to protect the planet we have been given.

Yag whispers that human beings are meant to be gardeners of this reality, journeyers, storytellers and singers, weavers of the sacred. DMT, on the other hand, conveys no overt human or humane message.

2/5/2018 condensed version update: (with some additional insights)

For reasons that aren't fully understood, the actual plant brew from good Hawaiian psychotria can be many times more powerful, all encompassing & longer lasting than anything that can be purified out & added back in. This is poorly understood, it could be the superior salt form of the actives in the leaf, or other components along with the leaf + the dynamics of digestion of the leaf form. Traditional Ayahuasca can be quite powerful & long lasting with good plants and considered to be caapi + psychotria by the Shuar Indian, UDV, and Santo Daime. It is safe and traditional. Benny Shanon in his book "Antipodes of the Mind" also mentions he used caapi + psychotria for all of his 130+ sessions. Recommendations for good caapi would be yellow cielo caapi vine or caapi extract. Recommendations for good leaf would be Hawaiian psychotria.

Clearlight experiments that involved several people back in the day (over a dozen trials) found the leaf brew form superior to extracted actives, they found the leaf brews very strong and powerful & clairavoyant (+5 Shulgin scale), while they mentioned that the extracted actives were mild (+3 Shulgin scale) at best, even up to 100mg. Again, this is poorly understood, but refer back to page 8 & 9 of this thread for more info.

Even Jonathan Ott found that in his 20 experiments posted in his book "Ayahuasca Analogues", that none of his later experiments with extracted actives quite matched the power of his 1st actual Ayahuasca brewed with caapi and good real leaf (experiment #1), he had no explanation for this. He did however find 70mg to be close to it, but still not the same.

I should mention that I also enjoyed reading Julian Palmer's book "Articulations, On the Utilization and Meaning of Psychedelics", very down to earth book written by an Australian expert (brilliant writer as well) with over 20 years experience...in chapter 4 he covers "Ayahuasca" and what doses worked for him in dreams (see pages 76 & 77 for his pharmahuasca dose levels) where he gives his thoughts on 60--80, 100, 150, 200+ mg, and how this varies with different people...and even how this differs in quality from an actual plant brew.

His book website is good too, lots of free articles to read...

The best book I have ever read on real Ayahuasca is "Antipodes of the Mind" by Benny Shanon from Oxford Press, in the 500 page book is covered over 130 of his journeys (and interviews with hundreds of others) taken in not only the Amazon, but with the Santo Daime and UDV and personal sessions, remarkable piece of work, will go down as a classic just like Aldous Huxley's "Doors of Perception" forever.

"Articulations" by Julian Palmer (bottom of page 77):
Quote:
It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?
He answers his own question over the many paragraphs thereafter.

In dreams, a brew of blended up psychotria leaf can be boiled in 1 and 1/4 bottle of spring water (21oz) for 1/2 hour, then filtered thru a wire mesh strainer to get out the course leaf fragments, then filtered thru a cotton ball in a funnel to get out the fine leaf sediment, changing out the cotton ball when/if it clogs. Having two large funnels, each sitting in a separate glass with a cotton ball stuffed into each funnel's tube, and transferring the liquid back and forth between the two funnels when the cotton would clog up, allowed the filtering to go fast and would only take up a few minutes at most. Then put the filtered liquid back on the stove and reduce it down to 2oz, and add your caapi. Phenomenal dream with good plants. The cotton ball gets out any fine muddy leaf sediment which is irritating to the intestines, for a nausea free to the stomach/intestines brew, this of course does not reduce "brain nausea" which can result from using too much leaf.

Taking a small sip of the leaf brew (before adding the caapi to it) can be done to determine the approximate "strength" of the leaf beforehand...depending on how bitter a sip of it is, you will be able to help gauge whether the admixture part (light) of the dream will be weak, medium, or strong ornamentally. If it's too crazy bitter, back off on the leaf amount used as this may signal a "too strong" leaf brew. The leaf brew and caapi (power) are taken mixed together (marriage) at the exact same time (just as the Shamans do) for best & strongest effects ornamentally.

As a poster somewhere else posted, the 1st 60 minutes from when the caapi takes effect is when some weak nausea or slight dizziness might be noticed during the dream, whereas after the 1st hour, there is usually little to zero nausea or dizziness as the harmine in the caapi has mostly worn off by then, as the half-life of harmine is around 1.5 hour. Then all that is left working is the more desirable tetrahydroharmine in the caapi and any leaf actives for the duration of the rest of the dream.

Why traditional caapi over rue?

Just as Bancopuma wrote earlier, "the more caapi the better." Caapi contains tetrahydroharmine as it's second largest alkaloid, and contributes greatly to the experience in many postitive ways, besides it's visionary, brightening and coloring abilities, it goes way beyond that....it seems to partially inactivate barriers or filters in the brain so that "mind at large" as coined by Aldous Huxley can be let loose a bit.

Mind at Large: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_at_Large

Tetrahydroharmine on it's own will also yield the same type visions as harmaline, it just takes more of it. For example, around 300mg of THH will yield the same visions as about 100mg harmaline...even if the THH dose or caapi dose is split in two over several hours, the visions will still be apparent some time after the 2nd dose takes effect, the doses are additive.

THH in the caapi also seems to strongly activate the right hand hemisphere of the brain-- the side that performs tasks that have do with creativity and the arts, feelings, visualizations, imagination, holistic thinking & intuition, empathy, spirituality & connectedness. In the first book mentioned below, researchers found that the right side of the brain lit up in brain scans of people who took LSD, mescaline, or mushrooms. The world is largely moving in the direction of the Left Brain: technology and science. What the world needs is to move in the direction of Right Brain development.

Quote from TIHKAL by Dr. Shulgin "More studies on tetrahydroharmine are absolutely imperative."

Trips (from this forum here on 12/2/2011):
Quote:
As to how the THH altered the experience -> I find rue extract+DMT to be very similar to mushrooms. I found the THH added to the rue+DMT to shift the experience to a state much closer to that provided by LSD. It was more clear, more energetic, more euphoric, more focused, and when confusion struck it was definitely more "acid-like".

The world is moving in the direction of the Left Brain: technology and science. What the world needs is to move in the direction of Right Brain development: empathy, spirituality, connectedness. Compounds like tetrahydroharmine in Caapi could be said to improve emotional intelligence. Is this component of caapi a smart-nutrient for the right side of the brain? you be the judge. See "Return to the Brain of Eden: Restoring the Connection between Neurochemistry and Consciousness" by Tony Wright for more info.

Mistakes made in the beginning years:

1) using a leaf brew (from the early days of using Peruvian) that had no bitter taste resulted in no admixture effects (tasteless leaf)

2) seperating the caapi and leaf brews by 15 to 20 minutes and not taking them at the exact same time mixed together always resulted in "hit and miss" sessions, whereas taking them together at the exact same time always resulted in strong sessions.

3) not using a cotton ball in a funnel to get out the muddy leaf sediment resulted in nausea in the stomach/intestines...whereas pre-filtering with a wire screen then a cotton in a funnel resulted in a dark tea colored brew with no stomach nausea, as the irritating fine particles of leaf removed--learned this from sync and meteor back in the day.

4) still using a leaf brew that was "crazy bitter" instead of only using half of it resulted in 90 minutes of way too strong admixture, overexposure of images, too much "light", moving to the side even a few inches would result in hundreds of new CEV's forming, open eyed images like the layers of an onion being peeled forever would extend into infinity, totally amazing but way too much, whereas using the proper amount of leaf was heavenly, contained oceans of love and resulted in many of the same type visions mentioned in Shanon's "antipodes of the mind".

With open eyes, the world appeared immensely beautiful, magical & transcendent and boundless feelings of love manifested for hours. Sound was not only heightened and clarified but audio hallucinations were produced -- sounds were quite different than normal, and music was exceedingly beautiful.

Examples of visions I saw with closed eyes in dreams: zooming in and examining the ancient city of Atlantis, beautifully decorated elephants from India, artwork from various civilizations of incredible beauty rivaling anything ever seen before, beautiful women wearing sparkling technicolor fabrics encrusted with microscopic diamonds & remarkable colors rivaling anything man-made, carnival scenes, totems on distant islands, chalkboards full of scientific discoveries and complex mathematical equations and concepts, personal biography, many animals especially birds, beautiful waterscapes & waterfalls, beautiful gardens, half-naked women twirling/dancing in front of slowly spinning marble pillars, breathtaking architecture, scenes of homes & people from the medieval renaissance, ships on the ocean, detached female faces, complicated spinning geometrics which usually indicated when a new stage or series of visions would begin. Flying like a bird is commonly reported, and I experienced this twice, once flying over Atlantis, and the 2nd time flying over what looked like modern present day Los Angeles...I could view all the swimming pools, homes & parks below, this went on for several minutes, other visions: too many other things to mention.

5) using a brew that had cooled down to cold would result in nausea & purging even if the brew was filtered properly, it had to be hot for the stomach to like it and process it effectively.

6) the first 90 minutes were always the strongest (just as Shanon mentions as well) then the session would go down in strength several notches for the next hour, so just know if the brew is too strong, it will lower in intensity after 90 minutes from when first noticed.

7) even the strength of the Hawaiian leaf can be variable, for example, with one batch would reach in and every 2 weeks would dream 15g of the leaf from many years ago, and it would be a moderate strength experience...this is still true with present day leaf, 15g is plenty! just remember the active levels in the leaf can vary depending upon the exact time in the morning they were picked, etc. This is why it helps to use the power of taste to get a good sampling of what is to come. Nothing is written in stone, some variability is the name of the game. It's always better to undershoot then to overshoot and have a challenging hour to 90 minutes before it lowers in strength several notches. If a challenging experience is encountered, it helps to close the eyes for an hour and not move much--find a happy place in silent meditation and the visuals should slow down quite a bit so long as you remain calm and focused, this helps to teach real world meditation techniques when normal as well.

8. Using an acid of any type such as phosphoric, citric, lemon juice, vinegar etc. to aid the extraction does little imho other than "mask" the taste of the leaf so that you can then no longer detect just how "bitter" the leaf brew is, and thus how strong it will be. Psychotria viridis is a member of the Rubiaceae (Coffee family). You don't see anyone adding acids to a coffee bean extraction to increase the extraction...the alkaloids in the leaf are already in a superior salt form in Psychotria and will easily dissolve into hot water along with the other components of the leaf, fats, oils, etc. I've never noticed any kind of increased potency by using any form of acid added to the leaf brew beforehand. It's true the water in the Amazon is slightly acidic, but only by a very tiny margin. Just make sure you have good plants, no amount of acid is going to make the plants stronger, just like with coffee, brew with plain very hot water, and pre-chop the leaf up into tiny bits in a blender--the cotton ball used later will remove all the muddy like leaf sediment from the brew and leave everything else important in the brew: all of the essence of the plant will remain.

Update:

There is highly active ornamental Hawaiian psychotria out there in dreams right now that is very exceptional at just 20g. Accidentaly dreamed with 35g the other week in dreams with real caapi only and it was way, way too strong for 90 minutes, all could do was sit still for 1.5 hour and keep eyes closed in an attempt to slow down the visions/visuals (and they can be slowed down to a crawl with concentration) because with eyes open the whole place fills with fluorescent colors & visions, beauty is to the nth power, but too much leaf or light can be frightening in a mental sense as all sense of ego is lost and she holds on to you with a fine grip, difficult to describe, but it's definately not something you want to repeat...ended up there about 4 times in the past and once recently due to accidentaly using too much leaf.

Found 20g in dreams mixed in with good caapi (always taken mixed together in a 2oz reduced hot brew form at the exact same time) to be very exceptional however 2 weeks before that, just heavenly moderate strength experience with beautiful closed eye visions, open eyed beauty is still to the nth power just no frightening state as it's more controllable, music is beautiful, and there is most always a spirit guide seen (Mother Aya in beautiful female form) or sensed with closed eyes who helps guide the experience. Try not to overshoot your dream or it could be challenging for 90 minutes...best thing to do if this happens is to close eyes and meditate into a happy place and not move an inch (moving triggers hundreds of new visuals) so that a focused & calm place can be found....it goes down in strength several notches after about 60 minutes to 80 minutes later.

One of the best feelings from the dream experience is that of feeling as if one has finally arrived home & encountering the divine. Beauty is unique in that it has the power to reveal to us humans the existence of an ideal world beyond the world of sense. This, in turn, is a prime source for happiness. These feelings and insights are very common under the Ayahuasca intoxication.

For one whole year drank nothing but caapi in dreams before even adding in the admixture (had no access to good leaf during that first year). Some of the most far out vision sessions I dreamed during the 2nd year resulted from the drinking of 1/2 a caapi dose by itself around 2pm, then at 5pm drank a whole caapi dose with a small amount of hawiian leaf admixture, this would result in amazing caapi heavy visions which were brightened & colored by the admixture, this would go on for hours even still seeing them before trailing off to sleep, don't take too much admixture if doing this or it could easily result in purging too early.

I avoid purging entirely by using proper filtering described in this thread (eliminates stomach and intestinal nausea) but this will not exclude purging due to using too much leaf or admixture which can cause brain-related nausea. So keeping admixture at a decent mild or moderate level helps, just avoid too strong an admixture dose. The built upon filtering techniques were initially learned from Meteor and Sync, and made easier by using cotton ball stuffed into a large brand new clean automotive funnel all sitting atop a large see thru glass.

If you are wondering how the 1st paragraph mentioned visions are possible, it's because the longer acting alkaloids in caapi such as the visionary tetrahydroharmine (2nd highest alkaloid in caapi) has a half life of 11 hours, so additional 1/2 of a caapi brew is additive throughout the day or night, adding to the visionary power of the 2nd full dose. The side effects of this method are slightly increased dizziness and not wanting to move around much for a few hours, the benefits are powerful long lasting visions, many of which are like movies and not just static scenes that change, some are even interactive like allowing you to zoom in and view certain parts of the inside of an Egyptian palace to get a closer look at the details for example. Flying like a bird over parks and palaces and cities and landscapes is very common for many people with heavy caapi doses.

The caapi heavy visions with closed eyes that would result from this during the 5pm dose were spectacular with visions of twirling half-naked very beautiful woman dancers in front of slowly spinning marble pillars, beautifully decorated elephants from India, glistening water falls in remote places, entire scenes so elaborate and breath-taking it boggled the mind, many upon many elaborate meaningful things to see in scenes one after another. I still to this day wonder where do the visions come from? Perhaps the "akashic record" astral plane where all is known and all of history and the future is stored, and all that has ever been thought of by every human and animal has been stored. Perfect Platonic places and things are revealed, all appears new and immensely beautiful as if just created, some otherly world beyond this one of perfection and super beauty.

Caapi heavy visions are what I really seek...as a session that is just high on admixture only often results in closed eye visuals with little meaning--just an hour and a half long parade with closed eyes of fancy spinning, morphing, weaving, colored, beautiful patterns & geometric moving admixture effects, but with a session heavy on caapi--it's a whole nother place with real divine, transcendent, nature, cosmos, fantasy & culture inspired visions--the kinds of visions talked about in "Antipodes of the Mind" = visions with real meaning and hidden messages made known to the drinker--often paranormal in nature with solutions to problems you may have had for some time. On more than one occasion was shown where lost objects were hidden that I had been searching for quite some time, another time received the answer to a very complex unsolvable problem that had been eluding me for nearly half a year.

People who are artists or who are artistically inclined have some of the most impressive visionary experiences, just as Shanon mentions in his book. If you are an adventurer, you tend to have adventure related visions, Ayahuasca matches the experience to suit whatever your interest tend to be, if you are a cartoonist, you will tend to have some cartoon like visions with slapstick imagery, etc. It matches your personality to a high degree. I have indeed found this to be true.

From Benny Shanon:
Quote:
The Ayahuasca experience is miraculous. Amerindian legends associated with the brew typically contain elements of the supernatural and the non-ordinary. The doctrine of the Santo Daime Church proclaims that the brew makes one enter another reality, the astral.

The UDV characterizes the brew as cha misterioso, mysterious tea. With this, people are prone to entertain ideas and reflections of an esoteric nature. Time and again, informants have reported to me that Ayahuasca made them appreciate the existence of a hidden reality to which human beings are normally blind. With this, people claimed, hidden forces were revealed and hidden meanings recognized. With this, questions regarding the paranormal and the possibility of miracles become especially pertinent. Indeed, having undergone the Ayahuasca experience, most people--including ones with higher levels of Western education--tend to believe that all sorts of paranormal phenomena are actual.

PREV12