We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions about dreams and daily life, post-breakthrough Options

MicoSecond
#1 Posted : 6/1/2016 1:48:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

This is my first post and thought I would start it with some questions for you "experiencers" out there. I have been reading, researching, listening and watching videos about DMT for a few years now and I felt it was time to reach out to this online community for more "personal" information about breakthrough experiences and life afterward. From what I have gathered, it’s clear that the DMT experience is unlike any other psychedelic trip and seems to leave people with a clear impression that what they experienced was as real (or more so) than our waking reality. I find this fascinating and it obviously opens up a lot of questions about who, what and where we are. I would really appreciate your perspectives on any of my questions below.

DREAMS:

Seeing that every single night we all "disappear" in to a dream dimension, how does it compare to the DMT experience? Are there any similarities?

Has your breakthrough experience affected or changed this dream realm at all?

As McKenna has suggested in some lectures, have any of you ever dreamed you were taking DMT and a powerful experience followed?

DAILY LIFE, POST-BREAKTHROUGH:

Did it feel like some kind of "line was crossed" after coming back from your first breakthrough? Has it changed you?

Does the experience now permeate your daily life in some way?

Are there any kind of "intrusions" (maybe too aggressive a word) in to your waking life from this DMT realm? I know, a bit vague but what I'm curious about is whether it feels like a some kind of gate was opened and now you can "see" or understand things you couldn't before.

Does this DMT hyper-reality feel connected to this waking reality? That whatever is happening on the "other side" is also somehow connected to our lives here?

Any insights you want to bring to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/1/2016 3:49:06 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Great first post! Welcome to the Nexus. Smile

DREAMS:

Seeing that every single night we all "disappear" in to a dream dimension, how does it compare to the DMT experience? Are there any similarities?
I'd say the greatest similarity is in the ephemeral nature of the experience. Much like a dream, the details of the tryptamine trance fade very quickly upon returning. Also much like a dream, there is a lot of time dilation and a huge amount of experience is packed into the period of a few minutes. As far as content goes, there isn't a lot of similarity between the DMT hyperspace and the dream realms.

Yes both in my personal experience and in the testimonies of members of this forum, dream experiences ramp up quite a bit for several days after high dose DMT.

As McKenna has suggested in some lectures, have any of you ever dreamed you were taking DMT and a powerful experience followed?

I haven't yet had a dream where I've smoked DMT and entered hyperspace. I have had dreams whre I get the same effect and feeling of having been in hyperspace without physically smoking DMT in the dreamspace. As an example I once had a dream where I entered into the attic of a house and was overwhelmed with fast moving sensory stimulation in the same way one is when entering hyperspace, I woke up having open eyed visuals and feeling very much like I was coming down on DMT.

Did it feel like some kind of "line was crossed" after coming back from your first breakthrough? Has it changed you?
Absolutely! My first ego death experience had much the same effect as is reported by those that experience NDE's. With the particularly unlanguagable complexity of the tryptamine space it leaves one quite astonished and convinced that the universe is orders of magnitude moar strange that you could have previously supposed, to use a Terencism.

Well I do visit this site every day Wink The experiences I've had with DMT definitely influence my day to day life. I tend to be less wrapped up in the drama of it all and generally am able to generate compassion both toward myself and others in the recognition of how absurd it is to take this ride too seriously.

Are there any kind of "intrusions" (maybe too aggressive a word) in to your waking life from this DMT realm? I know, a bit vague but what I'm curious about is whether it feels like a some kind of gate was opened and now you can "see" or understand things you couldn't before.
I wouldn't really say that DMT effects have leaked into my daily experience. I def have a different outlook and understanding as a result of using it and I may approach situations differently as a result of that perspective. I wouldn't really say it opened some kind of gate or causes any intrusions into my every day reality. However, It certainly does lend one a different perspective knowing eternity is sitting in the gvg case in your bedroom any time you want to approach it.

Does this DMT hyper-reality feel connected to this waking reality? That whatever is happening on the "other side" is also somehow connected to our lives here?

I am wholly convinced that our every action ripples infinitely throughout the hyperspacial matrix and that the two worlds are completely intertwined. It's merely a matter of awareness. Once you know what you are looking for you can easily touch the interface when you are engaging in practices like yoga, meditation, and various forms of energy work.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

NotTwo
#3 Posted : 6/1/2016 7:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice questions and welcome to the Nexus!

I'm off journeying for a couple of days but it would be nice to try and answer some when I got back. I'm practising lucid dreaming at the moment and definitely see a connection between this and the spice Smile

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

MeecroHyperion
#4 Posted : 6/2/2016 10:39:16 AM

meecro

Hi MicoSecond Smile Brilliant questions and central to my interest too. Guts say DMT is dream-tech. Dreaming has always been mystical to us. By far the longest-lived(and still very much alive) human civilization in history base their entire cultural-ideology on "Dreamtime". Individual identity is "My Dreaming". They traditionally use Acacia's and other plants, some of which they'd brought with them across the ice-bridge. The world was created by a Rainbow Serpent.... They call their Shamen "ClevaFella". What is cleverness but applied insight? New TV show Cleverman debuting tonight apparently borrows a fair bit from their amazing idea-pool. I'll be watching Very happy

We "grew-up" with these plants. We're supposed to use them. And it seems they're for bridging our various worlds. Still, this little bean just sprouted and really has no idea yet - watching your thread like a hawk Shocked Thanks. What a fantastic 1st post!!

@Dreamer042 Amazing ride, and yours just improved mine a bit. Namaste.
"And the dancers were deemed insane by those who could not hear the music" ~ Friederich Nietsche | meecro's intro

upwaysidedown
#5 Posted : 6/2/2016 1:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DREAMS:

Yes, one of my friends immediately remarked that it was like a dream, and My deepest experiences are when it takes me that way. Its like going to sleep for a few minutes, waking up then trying to hold on to the dream where another version of you did some wierd stuff.

I started recalling my dreams much more, and very recently I have noted that the dreams are less reality oriented and I seem to experience rather abstract situations or existences that I would not have been able to conceive of before.

Never dreamt of taking DMT. But I awoke in the middle of a dream that was definitely trip like with heavy geometry and meaning. My ego was rapidly trying to overlay it with anthropomorphism but failing and when I tried to push to recall it there was a voice in my head telling me to not do so. Real weird. Perhaps we always go to this place, and dreams are just a smoke screen for what really goes on.

Not sure what you mean by a line crossed, but I have not been the same since. Sort of like going from muggle to wizard, and falling into the wizarding world, but when you become a wizard you realise there were never any muggles, just lots of sleeping wizards.

It started my journey into working out what this all is. And I think about it daily and find it a constant distraction from trying to get normal work done.

I can imagine things I could not imagine before, particularly in regard to what I am and what existence is (should anyone consider those separate questions). There is a certain feel I get in hyperspace where you can feel everything around you, there is no separation between yourself and other as it were. I spent a couple of weeks feeling that way about this reality, and if I focus I can return to it, its odd - its like feeling that my experience here is a trip. Otherwise it is probably just known as mindfulness.

I feel that the experience I see/feel when using DMT is happening all the time, always. I was told during one that the experience is just a state of mind into which you can go just by thinking it. I am beginning to think this is true, but I have only so far achieved glimpses.
If I had to name it now and risk being completely wrong, I would say that our subjective existence is a deep landscape of abstract concepts, symbolism and emotion - and that if you look from the subjective point of view, material reality is just another layer of symbolism. Deeper levels have more meaning and exist simultaneously and in parallel mirroring everything. The interesting part is it seems to not be a closed system at all. We just tend to have our conscious focus on this Material level.
I speak as if it were fact, but indeed this is just the insane ramblings of my ego - but my inner self seems to be nodding.

KuantumKitty
#6 Posted : 6/2/2016 7:23:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello welcome this is a pretty neat idea. I too have been really interested in seeing other experiences. Big grin

MicoSecond wrote:
Hi all,

This is my first post and thought I would start it with some questions for you "experiencers" out there. I have been reading, researching, listening and watching videos about DMT for a few years now and I felt it was time to reach out to this online community for more "personal" information about breakthrough experiences and life afterward. From what I have gathered, it’s clear that the DMT experience is unlike any other psychedelic trip and seems to leave people with a clear impression that what they experienced was as real (or more so) than our waking reality. I find this fascinating and it obviously opens up a lot of questions about who, what and where we are.

DREAMS:

Some dreams are very much like DMT trips. Sometimes I have a dream someone pulls out a pipe and we trip together I feel so happy and excited to go in it. I also have dreams of a place in DMT space and it will be really feeling based. I feel a lot more in my dreams now then I ever did. I lucid dream, I astral travel and go to my friends and they come to mine it becomes a lot more dramatic after a trip to hyperspace. Dreams like DMT trips have that disappearing effect. I am a lot more conscious both in my dream state and daily life.

Yes I have really powerful dreams before and after a trip. It is like my brain already knows its time! I was not very conscious of my dreams before now I remember a lot of details. I am more aware in my dreams even of me sleeping and feeling waves of bliss and ruminating on a thought current. Like the past few days "its not about understanding its about being and experiencing". Sometimes I feel the neuroplasticity in my brain.

Yes very weird but I really enjoy it actually it always feel amazing and happy. When I actually take it it doesn't feel like that I get scared.

Yes the line of my sanity. I remember going in thinking this can easily dissolve my illusion of mental health. I stayed in a meditative state in DMT space and in my every day life especially at night when I feel a strange presence I go back to meditation to stay calm. I feel there are only 2 states to be fear and love panic and pyschosis or meditation. I chose meditation. Ever since I was a child I found it easy to just not think and stare off into space something in my adult life I have learned to appreciate a lot.

Yes it has awakened me to the weirdness that is reality. I get the feeling especially when dealing with people that I am just talking to myself because a major break through that I had pointed to the fact that we are all one and everyone in this simulation is me but in different forms. Thoughts manifest easily synchronicities begin to occur in my life and everything I experience either reflect back my thoughts or feelings so I try to stay calm and loving. I am very much aware in my dream state and waking conscious life.

Yes it is quite eye opening and to the average joe it seems quite insane. It is everything we have been taught but nothing. I finally realized how easy it is to just lose it if everything you have been taught was just the opposite of what is actually going on. I have this thing that happens to me at night. I wonder if it happens to anyone else. I feel like I am back in DMT space but I am consciously aware I am here. I feel a presence but it is very alien and sometimes I panic and fear an absolute psychotic break down. This happened yesterday. I hear the humming or buzzing and I sense a presence or conscioueness that is from outside of me. constantly get what I call thought stream life changing and beautiful perspectives of life I never had before. They are coming from outside of me. I had to sit down and meditate for hours until I fell asleep.

I think in DMT space we all know actually I have an interesting conclusion that our higher selves know the truth but we are put into this simulation to understand it to get it and to remember that which we forgot. The is no I anymore there is us. Its a thought current so shocking and uncomfortable to me at first. I am slowly trying to adjust to the fact that you are just me and I am just you and we are all one in the same and I doesn't exist.

Any insights you want to bring to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
t

DMT is DEFINITELY not a party drug and its never really fun for me but its something I need to do. I think the story of Jesus dying and coming back to save us is a very good way of thinking about the DMT experience. You die you let go of your false ideologies, programming, and belief systems you come back hopefully more aware and as a better version of yourself because to truly understand what the heck is going on here you have to die and become crazy.